Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

Bardeh posted:

mine seem to show up only when im aiming with the weapon they belong to

Is there any faster way to do this other than pressing RB while aiming then YXAB then shoot? Seems really clunky while in combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Is there something on the console that could be using up the internal space without telling me what it is.

I've got a Series S, I have 180Gb of games installed and it's telling me I have 90GB free.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

Is there something on the console that could be using up the internal space without telling me what it is.

I've got a Series S, I have 180Gb of games installed and it's telling me I have 90GB free.

It's probably not secretly eating space. You'll have your OS, which will take up a decent chunk of space, and you probably only started with around 450 gb usable.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think the Xbox OS is 200GB.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Games do a weird "reserved space" thing, and in some cases this can be several gigs, like I think for Flight Simulator it's 16 gigs (and used to be 32 gigs before recent patches).

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Quick Resume needs the space to dump multiple copies of your RAM, too

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The OS and Quick Resume space and whatever else should all be accounted for by the difference between the advertised size and the usable space. The console shows that usable space number as your total, it doesn’t start by showing you a 0.5/1TB drive with a couple hundred gigs already full. For my Series X that’s 802GB, and a bit of googling tells me it’s 364GB for the Series S. So with 180GB of games and 90GB of free space that leaves Tsietisin with 94GB unaccounted for. That’s a lot. The only thing I can think of would be captures.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I played Wasteland 2 for a quest and after I killed three people I decided to keep playing for an achievement then got a TPK by a giant frog.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It's not captures either.

I did find some of it, and it wasn't the most obvious place to go.

Go to settings > Storage devices > Internal > view contents > Manage > Free up space

In that section, it listed a few game DLCs that had not been deleted even though the rest of the game had.

I also discover that the screen for manage storage devices only shows the size of the main game and might not include DLC.

For example, Immortals: Fenyx Rising shows 32.9Gb in the main screen. But shows as 53.7Gb in the "uninstall content" section.

Even totalling that all up now, that's 210Gb of installed stuff and 100Gb of space. Still 50Gb unaccounted for.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

It's not captures either.

I did find some of it, and it wasn't the most obvious place to go.

Go to settings > Storage devices > Internal > view contents > Manage > Free up space

In that section, it listed a few game DLCs that had not been deleted even though the rest of the game had.

I also discover that the screen for manage storage devices only shows the size of the main game and might not include DLC.

For example, Immortals: Fenyx Rising shows 32.9Gb in the main screen. But shows as 53.7Gb in the "uninstall content" section.

Even totalling that all up now, that's 210Gb of installed stuff and 100Gb of space. Still 50Gb unaccounted for.

Do you have an external hard drive? You could try moving your games over to it and do a system restore and start from scratch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just finished a sci-fi pixel based adventure game so its clearly time to play another sci-fi pixel based adventure game.

Thank you game pass (unironically)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I reupped three years of game pass today and realized that I will be 40 by the time I have to renew again. Xbox fam, I am shooketh, deposit me into the nearest grave at your earliest convenience.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Professor Beetus posted:

I reupped three years of game pass today and realized that I will be 40 by the time I have to renew again. Xbox fam, I am shooketh, deposit me into the nearest grave at your earliest convenience.

Thanks to streaming you can still play some gamepass games in your grave.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I started Weird West and immediately set fire to the house I spawned in by accidently tossing a lantern.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 2, 2022

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Professor Beetus posted:

Can I have your series X when you’re dead grandpa? I just reupped in Feb and will be 52 before I have to renew.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Wee Bairns posted:

I started Weird West and immediately set fire to the house I spawned in by accidently tossing a latern.

Very nice thematic opening given the circumstances. Well done immersive sim gods.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

highme posted:

Can I have your series X when you’re dead grandpa? I just reupped in Feb and will be 52 before I have to renew.

Sorry, but the Series X is so big that when I die I'm just gonna have it repurposed as a coffin to save a few bucks.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pour my ashes into my Series X

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
lmao remember when MS had to tell people "please don't exhale your vape juice into the series x because it looks cool, it's bad for your expensive piece of electronics"

Same thing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

lmao remember when MS had to tell people "please don't exhale your vape juice into the series x because it looks cool, it's bad for your expensive piece of electronics"

Same thing.
What about dip spit? Asking for a friend

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Professor Beetus posted:

I'll be 3 months shy of 40. I imagine Microsoft Rewards months will yeet me well past that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I guess it makes sense that a lot of us are approaching 40 at this point but I hadn’t considered I’d been on this site more than half my life.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is there a way to disable quick resume? It never does me any good because I close games when I stop playing them and sometimes it fucks up online games by going straight in then not having connection and having a fit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is there a way to disable quick resume? It never does me any good because I close games when I stop playing them
Just don't do this. Hth

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is there a way to disable quick resume? It never does me any good because I close games when I stop playing them and sometimes it fucks up online games by going straight in then not having connection and having a fit.

Why would you want to turn it off lol. Also the only online game it straight up breaks with that I've seen is Halo. Everything else regains connection and it's still faster than a full restart.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"turn off quick resume" is the "turn off UAC" of this iteration of Microsoft. Stop being weird and let it do the thing.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Larry Parrish posted:

Why would you want to turn it off lol. Also the only online game it straight up breaks with that I've seen is Halo. Everything else regains connection and it's still faster than a full restart.

Elden Ring, Destiny and a couple of others have issues too, I wish you could turn it off per-game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If your excuse for not wanting it is that it doesn't work most of the time then you're just telling on yourself playing Ubisoft always online DRM garbage games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

If your excuse for not wanting it is that it doesn't work most of the time then you're just telling on yourself playing Ubisoft always online DRM garbage games.

Also it doesn't break elden ring lol. You have to reload but that takes less time than a full restart anyway.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Elden Ring has never once reconnected after quick resume for me. I always have to quit out and restart. Otherwise it just throws could not connect errors over and over.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

Elden Ring has never once reconnected after quick resume for me. I always have to quit out and restart. Otherwise it just throws could not connect errors over and over.

Same

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

It will work eventually. Just hammer on the OK button a bunch.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Weird West doesn't work with Quick Resume either, apparently? I've only heard that secondhand, tho

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Akuma posted:

It will work eventually. Just hammer on the OK button a bunch.

It’s faster to quit and reopen and have it connect the first time though

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Akuma posted:

I guess it makes sense that a lot of us are approaching 40 at this point but I hadn’t considered I’d been on this site more than half my life.

My account turns 21 in May and I’m getting it drunk and maybe some lap dances. My daughter turns 21 in July, but I doubt it will be the same kind of party.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Magic Mango posted:

It’s faster to quit and reopen and have it connect the first time though

Same on the PS5 lol, it's so From it hurts.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

Same thing.

I remember people unironically posting the video as an own on the xbox, yes.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

doingitwrong posted:

Yep same. If I don’t quit out to the menu and then force quit it via the Home Screen, 9 times out of 10 I’ll get an error the next time I try and play. Usually it’s multiplayer connection errors, but sometimes I get Failed to Load Saved Game too which is a bit panic-inducing the first time you see it

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

Cowards. Just do like me and tell people you play these types of games. I have nothing to hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skeezy posted:

Cowards. Just do like me and tell people you play these types of games. I have nothing to hide.

You should hide it.