Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

proof or it ain't real

sometimes I think about car mechs wearing nikes and get sad about how bland it ended up being by the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFgZzYEr-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Megas XLR is legitimately good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Megas XLR is a lot of fun. Shame it got cancelled but it also kind of ended on a near perfect finale at the same time.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paracelsus posted:

You're probably thinking of Megas XLR, but Coop wasn't a redneck, he lived in a city in New Jersey.

That doesn't prevent one from being a redneck. Frankly being from Jersey is in many ways more hillbilly than being from the actual hills.

Anyway I forgot to mention I read the other Asano Inio mangas, Solanin and Goodnight Punpun after I read Dead Demon Dewhatever (is that name also really stupid and long in Japanese? Probably).

Solanin is really bittersweet, not too long, I'd give it like a 9 or 10 tbh. You should read this, it's worth.

Goodnight Punpun is one of the most sad stories I've ever read, probably because there's almost not a single part that feels melodramatic or like... Story-like, lol. It's really insanely depressing and about how hosed up being lonely or abused can make you.

Girl on the Shore is another one like that, but much shorter, and less depressing but really messed up. I don't think I could tell you what it's supposed to be about, exactly, because I'm either too stupid to get the message or it doesn't have much to say. This one's about teenagers banging, with a side of bullying although it's really just mentioned. Frankly I only remebered it because I was looking at the authors mangadex page.

If you haven't read Dead Demon you're an idiot and need to get on that btw, one of the best pieces of fiction about hopeless ennui I've read lol.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
dang YA BOY KONGMING was a lot more fun than I was expecting!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Is someone making GBS threads on Best Mecha Show Megas XLR in this thread? :black101:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Paracelsus posted:

You're probably thinking of Megas XLR, but Coop wasn't a redneck, he lived in a city in New Jersey.

all I know about cultural references and New Jersey are the two movies Garden State and Harold and Kumar. The only cool thing I know of the former is that I learned that there was a Medieval Times outside of California. The latter is just all around good fun, and I want to go to a real white castle and try to eat a Kumar order, or maybe just the sliders.

EDIT: Oh, and also Clerks took place there.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
heres a fun new jersey fact: despite being the 4th smallest state, it has the most superfund sites in the country (105, the only one to crack triple digits) because it was legit just normal to dump waste on the ground lol. for decades.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i went to a white castle in East St. Louis once and it lived up to the hype.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you mean how it is hyped up as being lovely then yeah

copy
Jul 26, 2007

The Colonel posted:

id play sop but i spent all last month playing hardcore action gmaes like ninja gaiden black and dmc5 and vanquish and kid icarus uprising so this month i am a mystery gamer

hotel dusk kicks rear end. still search around for the sequel and almost pull the trigger every now and then

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Flower posted:

if you mean how it is hyped up as being lovely then yeah

They sold me acceptable fast food at good prices.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

White Castle is really bad lol

Culvers ftw tho

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
we dont have white castle but we have krystal which im assuming is the same thing. but if youre drunk anything will do

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone should make good fast food one day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

copy posted:

hotel dusk kicks rear end. still search around for the sequel and almost pull the trigger every now and then

I incredibly lucked into picking it up when I was living in South Africa 10 years ago.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

watchedf the kaguya sama pilot and it was pretty funny

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hizke posted:

Rushia's gone. Rushia is.. Gone. Nothing will bring her back. I've been through every hell hole I could find for some small source of succor, languishing finally in the Senran Kagura peach beach splash pc ranked discord, which btw is fairly freaking active tbqh-- I had an epiphany. RUSHIA would want me to play Elden Ring today. She wouldn't want me to be sad. So I will live on. I will play Elden Ring at 6:00 PM EST for a few hours before the Peach Beach ranked tourney. These wounds in my heart are deep and painful, but this is something I have to do. For Rushia. For.. For me.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
It will never happen, but I'd love for them to put Megas XLR in SRW, along with KND

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaguya Sama is really good. Excited about season 3 in like a week

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol again

Larry Parrish posted:

i went to a white castle in East St. Louis once and it lived up to the hype.

i'vr gone to WC one time and it destroyed my intestines like no other fast food place before or since. pretty filling tho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dongicus posted:

watchedf the kaguya sama pilot and it was pretty funny

it doesn't have a pilot ep

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
anime pilot episodes: strike witches ova, the other episodes of strike witches

marumaru
May 20, 2013

eva has a lot of pilot episodes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Space Flower posted:

anime pilot episodes: strike witches ova, the other episodes of strike witches

Is Triangle Hearts OAV a pilot episode?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Taima posted:

dang YA BOY KONGMING was a lot more fun than I was expecting!
dont know this calliope mori song, is it on her new album

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i want to rewatch cardcaptor sakura but I greatly fear it wont match up to my memories

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
ive rewatched ccs like three times and its like the only anime i liked when i was 10 that i still like now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Strange Quark posted:

ive rewatched ccs like three times and its like the only anime i liked when i was 10 that i still like now

i used to print out my own clow cards and pretend to be Sakura it was cute :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The One Piece pilot episode made by Production IG

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

the mecha genre is mostly pilot episodes by volume

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyoro posted:

i used to print out my own clow cards and pretend to be Sakura it was cute :3:

i got my parents to buy the toy book of clow with all the cards, and then i ended up dropping the watery card in the sink and ruined it lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larry Parrish posted:

every time I watch a bad mecha show I remember that one from adult swim where a redneck discovers a crashed alien mecha and like paints it up like a biker van, or what a loser thinks a biker van looks like. powder blue and flames with a big rear end 8 ball gear shifter. anyway I only saw bits and pieces as a tiny child but it's embarsssing when a show can't even hold up to that.
megas xlr ruled, the references were generally cleverly done and the intro was perfectly silly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_veA33xeM&t=4s

it didn't overstay its welcome, and the general idea of "dipshit finds insanely advanced thing, uses it for stupid shenanigans" is always a fun plot device
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSS

I kinda liked their reimagining as...the Demiurg or something, I think the prototypes a long time ago were called? Really bulked out tech suits and really, really unhappy looking fellas in'em.

Willo567 posted:

It will never happen, but I'd love for them to put Megas XLR in SRW, along with KND
if keroro can get into an srw game I'll never 100% rule out something like megas xlr getting in somehow

did the recent srw game that got released on steam do well? I plan on buying it once my tax return goes through

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Captain Invictus posted:

if keroro can get into an srw game I'll never 100% rule out something like megas xlr getting in somehow

did the recent srw game that got released on steam do well? I plan on buying it once my tax return goes through

The difference is that Keroro was made in Japan. SRW has never and will likely never use mecha series made outside of Japan. Even if they did, Cartoon Network wrote the series off to the U.S. government alongside Sym Bionic Titan.

Also, 30 did do very well for being a Steam only released, and before the game got officially announced for the West it was one of the top sellers on Steam.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nyoro posted:

i want to rewatch cardcaptor sakura but I greatly fear it wont match up to my memories

It will.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Saagonsa posted:

Kaguya Sama is really good. Excited about season 3 in like a week

I forgot it was so soon

marumaru
May 20, 2013

and spy x family is in just a few days!
super hyped for that one, hope its a good adaptation

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

sb hermit posted:

all I know about cultural references and New Jersey are the two movies Garden State and Harold and Kumar. The only cool thing I know of the former is that I learned that there was a Medieval Times outside of California. The latter is just all around good fun, and I want to go to a real white castle and try to eat a Kumar order, or maybe just the sliders.

EDIT: Oh, and also Clerks took place there.

There's a pretty nice BBQ and Minigolf near the Clerks convenience store now.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I did a fanart for Comet-san

https://twitter.com/Fang__z/status/1510638855409614855

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

good imo