Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Looking for a good deck builder, like Slay the Spire, on Android. I've been dumping a ton of time into Monster Train, but it doesn't look like it's available on mobile. I would prefer paid, or at least the option to go ad free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bengy81 posted:

Looking for a good deck builder, like Slay the Spire, on Android. I've been dumping a ton of time into Monster Train, but it doesn't look like it's available on mobile. I would prefer paid, or at least the option to go ad free.

Slay the Spire is on Android

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Slay the Spire is on Android

You are not wrong, I should have clarified that I've been playing it on Android as well, and it's a pretty good port, although I wish the card text were a little bigger.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Go back and time to get Loot & Legends when it still existed.

Ironclad Tactics
Guild of Dungeoneering
Star Realms

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Star Realms is a fun sci-fi game, but I wouldn't call it good. It's so wildly random.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Go back and time to get Loot & Legends when it still existed.

Ironclad Tactics
Guild of Dungeoneering
Star Realms

Thanks for the recs!
I forgot about Guild of Dungeoneering, played it a little on steam, but haven't touched it since the most recent update, so I'll probably grab that today. Ironclad tactics looks cool, and I'm a bug fan of zachtronics, looks like the Android version is only available thru itch.io, which is cool.
Star realms is also a very good game, but I'm looking for something with more roguelite features.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Night of the Full Moon is decent for a StS-like

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I played a fair bit of Rogue Adventure, superficially it's pretty similar to Slay the Spire but it definitely plays much differently. Crucially, every character's starter deck is pretty good and you typically want to take cards that synergize with it.

Oh, and I'll bring up Card Quest. It's less "build a deck as a run goes on" and more "build your deck before the run begins", but it is an excellent card-based roguelike.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Dimension of Dreams is so much like Slay the Spire it's almost silly. I think Meteorfall: Journeys is pretty good as well (I like that series a lot).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Slice & Dice: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice&hl=en_US&gl=US

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

Looking for a good racing game that can run on a lovely laptop. I love playing Hot Wheels Unleashed but my computer is in the shop for a few weeks so I'm looking for a fun racing game I can play on my little lovely school laptop. Any era/art style. Just wanna have fun with fast cars.

The Trackmania games are perfect for this. And if old games are no problem, then the Screamer series and Rollcage are fun.

Splicer posted:

Are there any games centered around acquiring interesting and varied mounts?

Don't say mount your friends.

Have you considered ARC? You tame and ride dinosaurs, lots and lots of dinosaurs.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm looking for something rather specific in a game, and I'm wondering if any of you can help. I want to be able to explore an area (first-person ideal, third-person acceptable), then get into a vehicle, explore its interior, take a seat, and travel somewhere else (being a pilot would be preferred, but being a passenger is fine) before getting out to explore a new area. Most critically, (a) I want a diverse selection of destinations (not just one tram ride) and (b) I don't want the trip to be fast-travel (i.e., I want scenery as I travel). The part I'm having the most trouble satisfying, though, is the vehicle having an interior.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm looking for something rather specific in a game, and I'm wondering if any of you can help. I want to be able to explore an area (first-person ideal, third-person acceptable), then get into a vehicle, explore its interior, take a seat, and travel somewhere else (being a pilot would be preferred, but being a passenger is fine) before getting out to explore a new area. Most critically, (a) I want a diverse selection of destinations (not just one tram ride) and (b) I don't want the trip to be fast-travel (i.e., I want scenery as I travel). The part I'm having the most trouble satisfying, though, is the vehicle having an interior.

I believe GTAV has a first person option for when you're driving, in which case you could drive around the map and explore.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Subnautica is a game entirely about exploration, and one of the vehicles you get is a full on submarine with a walkable interior, designed to be used as a mobile base.

Space Engineers let's you BUILD the vehicles, too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

X4 has interiors for every ship, but I'm not sure how much there is to explore besides "space" and "more space"

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I loving wish I could recommend Elite: Dangerous, but they hosed up their only job in the expansion that introduces moving the character around using their feet, by having the ships, vehicles and landing locations be the only places you can't walk around. :(

It is a hell of a good exploration game, if you just imagine that space folks don't need legs because of the micro-gravity environment mean having legs is just a pain since leg muscles are too powerful to do anything useful with in micro-gravity.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

FredMSloniker posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 maybe, if cars are okay? All of the cars have nicely modelled interiors that are appropriate to the type of vehicle that you can look around in first person. The cheap lovely cars have cheap lovely interiors. The high end cars have gorgeous lux interiors with wood panelling or slick readouts.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

The Outer Wilds.

Not "Worlds".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FredMSloniker posted:

Depending on your definition of "has an interior", Valheim.

Pulsar: Lost Colony had a mix of fast travel between solar systems and just flying within solar systems and a bunch of exploring planets.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 1, 2022

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao hilarious how carbrained cyberpunk 2077 is, maybe explains a lot i dunno

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Since it's April 1, the correct answer is obviously MY SUMMER CAR.
You can move around and interact with things in the interior of the different vehicles. There is a lot of variety - vans, tractors, a minibike, a boat, jail, etc...
You have to actually build a car, so that's interaction.
And if you get bored, you can get drunk and eat sausages and pee on things.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Any good phone games that I can look away from at any time without a problem? Work has some downtime and I'm bored as poo poo. Preferably non-gacha battle systems!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Anything turn based.

Card Quest
Hoplite
Sproggiwood
Polytopia

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If you like picross Hungry Cat Nonograms is a great little puzzler with a frankly absurd amount of content. Free / ad supported with a paid option to remove them.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Galick posted:

Any good phone games that I can look away from at any time without a problem? Work has some downtime and I'm bored as poo poo. Preferably non-gacha battle systems!

Siralim Ultimate is a great JRPG/Pokemon style battler with an extensive progression system, good for hundreds of hours.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Galick posted:

Slay the Spire
Slice & Dice

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kvlt! posted:

I believe GTAV has a first person option for when you're driving, in which case you could drive around the map and explore.

But you can't move around inside the car, or I'd just play more Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'll take a look at the other suggestions in the thread. Thanks!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Galick posted:

Soda pop dungeon 2

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

bengy81 posted:

Since it's April 1, the correct answer is obviously MY SUMMER CAR.

If we're taking that tack the answer is Star Citizen.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Any hidden gems when it comes to coop games?
Me and my pal have previously played and enjoyed We were here, Divinity OS 1/2 (we'll most likely get Baldur's gate 3 when it's out), Wildermyth, and a poo poo ton of arpgs. I suppose we like tactics and puzzles, as well as Numbers Going Up, and both arcadey/shooty stuff and roleplaying (we both liked Disco Elysium individually). Don't much care for CoD or sports games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ovenboy posted:

Me and my pal have previously played and enjoyed We were here, Divinity OS 1/2 (we'll most likely get Baldur's gate 3 when it's out), Wildermyth, and a poo poo ton of arpgs. I suppose we like tactics and puzzles, as well as Numbers Going Up, and both arcadey/shooty stuff and roleplaying (we both liked Disco Elysium individually). Don't much care for CoD or sports games.

Deep Rock Galactic
Earth Defense Force 5

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ovenboy posted:

Playing doubles in Rocket League

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ovenboy posted:

Monster Hunter World/Rise is a unique action rpg where you kill boss monsters wear their skins to make numbers go up and then kill bigger monsters.

Gunfire Reborn is a decent shooty stuff where numbers go up.

Streets of Rage 4 is the pinnacle of beat 'em up games and works great in coop.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ovenboy posted:

The second Orcs Must Die!!! Is a pretty fun coop game.
It's an action TD game, you play as a mage and use spells and traps to murder a lot of orcs. I really enjoyed playing thru it on steam with a buddy. I don't think it's super long, but if I remember right there is a little bit of replayability, I think you can unlock new traps maybe and use them on earlier levels. I know there is a third one, but I have no experience with it, might have been a stadia exclusive???

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Playing doubles in Rocket League

Yeah. Rocket League looks like a sports game, but is actually really loving fun.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

ovenboy posted:

It's not in any of the categories you mentioned, good or bad, but my brother and I got hours and hours out of Snowrunner co-op.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bengy81 posted:

The second Orcs Must Die!!! Is a pretty fun coop game.
It's an action TD game, you play as a mage and use spells and traps to murder a lot of orcs. I really enjoyed playing thru it on steam with a buddy. I don't think it's super long, but if I remember right there is a little bit of replayability, I think you can unlock new traps maybe and use them on earlier levels. I know there is a third one, but I have no experience with it, might have been a stadia exclusive???

It was at launch but isn't any more, you can buy OMD3 on steam. It's decent if you really want to play more orcs must die but I wouldn't recommend it to anymore who wants more than an orcs must die 2 level pack

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I need a good iOS rpg game. i’ve played chrono trigger, the quest and balder’s gate/ice wind dale, kotor anf kotor 2.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jade Empire is also on iOS if you want more Biowares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Hwurmp posted:

Jade Empire is also on iOS if you want more Biowares

I tried it and the touch controls were super janky. Couldn’t really get into it.