Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's France, everyone has a mistress on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So Disney Now app has the latest season to date for viewing and you can use your cable provider login/smarttv to watch. Season start was awesome. my jaw literally dropped when she actually told Alya. Then Alya fighting the akumatization and doing the whole Kung Fu Panda realization had me like ‘why isn’t she Lasybug, exactly?’ I mean at least give her the drat miraculous instead of taking it back Marinette you already trust her completely. Then when the monk shows up all pissed Fu was a dumbass and gave kids phenomenal cosmic power which even the kwamis themselves were concerned about and the current box holder was letting them roam free, I kind of sympathized. Also hey didn’t he take his miraculous Wielder fighting skill and use his compass to go find freaking Hawkmoth?? Instead he’s just going to tiger mom Marinette until she screws up.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just realised that in 'Sole Crusher' Kaalki doesn't know who owns the Cat Miraculous, but makes an emergency portal straight to Adrien and Plagg anyway. So, er... why not portal Ladybug and Cat (and Rena and Carapace and and and) to the owner of the Butterfly Miraculous?

Blah blah magic screen blah blah as an adult he's mastered his power, no doubt.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.
Friendship ended with love square secret identity tetrahedron is my new best friend.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
My son's been listening to this on continuous loop for a chunk of the afternoon. It's really quite catchy! (And it's Hawk Moth's actual VA singing it too.)

https://youtu.be/VnIxOtN2l3g

Edit: my son seriously getting into the show has given me an excuse to rewatch it, and I just noticed that sometime between the first and third seasons they turned Notre Dame by 180 degrees (season 1, the towers were on the left as viewed from Marinette's balcony, putting her on the south bank of the Seine, but by 'Weredad' they're on the right so she's more justifiably close to the Place des Voges) and the Eiffel Tower completely disappeared from behind the Agreste mansion, which has been established as a couple of streets from the school. Understandable, because the tower's literally miles from Notre Dame. I wonder if they got stick from people in France for not getting the geography of their own capital even remotely right?

Edit edit: for some reason I was being hammered by spoilers on Twitter today, so decided to catch up even if it meant a few episodes are out of sync. The duo of 'Optigami' and 'Sentibubbler' were great (and really need to be watched in order) with some nicely complex plots where the heroes genuinely earn their victories, 'Wishmaker' drops in a massively game-changing discovery for one character that everyone else is completely oblivious to, and 'Rocketear' has _Alya_ make a decision that in no possible way could come back to bite everyone in the rear end. Even if the other episodes aren't as impactful, we still get three new heroes and some character revelations. There's a definite feeling of dominoes being set up to fall later. I'm really enjoying this season!

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 7, 2021

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's been well over a month, so... :shrug:

Anyway, a sub of 4x16 'Hack-San' dropped out of nowhere, seemingly to the surprise of Astruc himself. It's good! The actual villain Robustus again, forcibly turned angry by a sentimonster virus is actually pretty secondary, as the heart of the story is Alya taking over as Ladybug - or whatever she decides to call herself - for a weekend and finding out just how stressful Marinette's life really is. And also just how pissed off Cat Noir is about the whole situation.

This being followed directly by 'Rocketear' in production order means that _Adrien_ really gets a double whammy to the gut. Ladybug assures him at the end of this that she's not going to leave him... and then in the very next episode Adrien learns that she's been handing out Miraculouses to people and letting them know each other's secret identities. Now knowing from this story that he knows she trusts someone else with her secret while not sharing it with him makes it even worse than before! Getting the feeling that there's going to be a serious breakdown of relations before the season is over...

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Astruc is no longer director, and after season 5 will no longer be writer. His proclivity for online banter probably caused the studio to move him out of the way.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Season 4 (what's been released of it so far, that is) just went up on Disney+.

Man I forgot how painful Truth was. Marinette straight-up calls Luka Adrian like five times. Also I don't know why she can't just say "look, an akuma".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Do we have a concrete episode order or should I wait for the rest of season 4?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Craptacular! posted:

Astruc is no longer director, and after season 5 will no longer be writer. His proclivity for online banter probably caused the studio to move him out of the way.
Just been reading up on that; interesting. His Twitter take on it seems to be that he'll still be involved at a consultant/exec level while working on other projects, but a cynical read would be "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?" I hope he's not leaving entirely, though - it's his show, after all, and it's good to see a creator who's openly and vocally left-wing, feminist, environmentalist and pro-LGBT+, and doesn't take poo poo from randos online. (Which, as you say, might be a factor, especially now that Disney are actively involved in the show.)

Kind of funny how there's a very loud and angry fan contingent who think that Astruc being less involved will mean immediate redemption for Chloe and her return as Queen Bee, despite her being written this year as even more cruel and unpleasant than ever.

MorningMoon: announced episode order to date is (italics not yet broadcast anywhere):
4x01: Truth
4x02: Lies
4x03: Gang of Secrets
4x04: Mr Pigeon 72
4x05: Psycomedian
4x06: Furious Fu
4x07: Sole Crusher
4x08: Queen Banana
4x09: Gabriel Agreste
4x10: Mega Leech
4x11: Guiltrip
4x12: Crocoduel
4x13: Optigami
4x14: Sentibubbler
4x15: ?
4x16: Hack-San
4x17: Rocketear
4x18: Wishmaker
4x19: Simpleman
4x20: ?
4x21: Dearest Family
4x22-26: ?
(25 and 26 are a two-parter collectively called The Last Attack of Shadow Moth)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

holy poo poo I was wondering about this last year when checking and finding out he was constantly getting into twitter feuds and causing a shitstorm online and surprised he hadn't been reined in before

him writing himself into the show as "why don't people admit I'm great" at first seems like some gentle self aware ribbing but in context seems like him being actually angry people don't care about the director/writer for a animated children's show.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Payndz posted:

it's good to see a creator who's openly and vocally left-wing, feminist, environmentalist and pro-LGBT+, and doesn't take poo poo from randos online.

:laffo: Their comic where Marinette was in New York naked and met black gangsta stereotypes with names like Ghetto Blaster was one of the most offensive things they’ve done, and he said he didn’t owe anyone an apology for anything and there was nothing wrong.

“You are racist and homophobic and blocked” is like a fandom meme at this point for his inability to handle criticism. I would not be surprised if he hasn’t said that to a queer POC at some point.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Dude’s probably busy with the feature they’re making.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ccs posted:

Dude’s probably busy with the feature they’re making.

That's actually being headed by the guy who owns/produces the IP, and is allegedly supposed to be his own take outside of the TV canon (think of the 90s Ninja Turtle or Power Rangers movies).

There's probably reasons they want to promote Thomas into irrelevance that don't involve being a toxic shithead online, but from the outside looking in it's the most obvious one.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Craptacular! posted:

That's actually being headed by the guy who owns/produces the IP, and is allegedly supposed to be his own take outside of the TV canon (think of the 90s Ninja Turtle or Power Rangers movies).
Jeremy Zag. He really, really wants to be the French Disney, so his company's first movie is going to be a musical - even though it's based on his most successful, and non-musical, existing IP. (Well, there were the songs crowbarred into the Christmas special...)

I saw an old PowerPoint slide from Zag's early days where the roadmap was that by 2019 they'd have launched about a dozen shows off the back of Miraculous. Top marks for ambition, not so high for creating an actual production pipeline that gets the shows you already have onto screens on a regular basis.

(It's amusing that Astruc is all "I hate spoilers, they ruin the surprise and enjoyment of a new story" while Zag is "look at all these cool things coming up, woohoo!")

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
'Simple Man' is apparently making a lot of people online very angry, and Astruc is loving every second of it and making them even angrier.

It's a middling episode, but worth it for its pisstaking of both the show's own elaborate fight scenes and superhero battles in general by having everything boil down to "we hit each other with sticks", which is pretty much the ur-example of all human conflict. That, and the kwamis' PTSD after being played with by small children.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I just ended up watching all the episodes that Disney+ has as of now. I think my favourite thing that happens this season is Shadow Moth leaving his lair to screw around with amoks. Just hanging out with a Starbucks Cup, or conducting an entire villainous scheme in the bathroom while Andre's just kinda cowering in the corner the whole time.

Payndz posted:

MorningMoon: announced episode order to date is (italics not yet broadcast anywhere):

Updating this list because the full episode list just dropped!

4x01: Truth
4x02: Lies
4x03: Gang of Secrets
4x04: Mr Pigeon 72
4x05: Psycomedian
4x06: Furious Fu
4x07: Sole Crusher
4x08: Queen Banana
4x09: Gabriel Agreste - November 20th
4x10: Mega Leech
4x11: Guiltrip
4x12: Crocoduel
4x13: Optigami
4x14: Sentibubbler
4x15: Glaciator 2 - October 24
4x16: Hack-San
4x17: Rocketear
4x18: Wishmaker
4x19: Simpleman
4x20: Qilin
4x21: Dearest Family - October 23rd
4x22 - Ephemeral - November 27th
4x23 - Kuro Neko
4x24 - PenalTeam
4x25 - Risk
4x26 - Strike Back

This is a cute show but it must be so confusing to watch if you're just following it whenever it shows up on TV, lol.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's the kind of kids show where the theme tune does a basic plot synopsis for anyone brand new. While there's a few pieces of background information that get called upon here and there, it's very syndication friendly except for the bizarre decision to put the setup at the end of the first season.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
'Dearest Family' suffers a bit from being aired out of sequence, because the plot hinges on Gabriel having been given a magical charm by Ladybug, which is presumably going to happen in 4x09. Similarly, we haven't seen Sabine be akumatised yet.

Fun to see Tikki (and later Ladybug) go batshit sugar crazy, though!

Edit: don't know if it was a different animation house, a time crunch on rendering or what, but the characters - Marinette in particular - looked a lot more plastic-y than usual. As if things were too rushed to put a lot of effort into lighting, so they just went "Okay, ambient light set to this, key light here, bosh it out."

Edit edit: turns out the reason 4x05 and 4x09 are so delayed is that the Indian animation house doing them went bankrupt, so the work had to be redestributed. Might explain the lighting shortcuts if everyone else suddenly found themselves in an unexpected crunch.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 24, 2021

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Spoilers for a future episode: Hoo boy.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Craptacular! posted:

Spoilers for a future episode: Hoo boy.
I know 100th episodes are meant to deliver something special, but from the number of things there that can't be walked back from Adrien finding his mum, Ladybug apparently realising Cat is Adrien, at least two villains seeing Ladybug detransform, I suspect they're going to find a way to walk back from them. The episode is called Ephemeral, after all...

I thought 'Glaciator 2' was going to have Cat/Adrien realise Marinette was in love with him, but he remained as oblivious as ever even as she pours her heart out directly to his face. Got to give him props for completely blowing out Gabriel's apparently sincere attempt to bond with him, though.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh yeah, they're going to just walk all of this back at the end of the episode, that's how this show rolls.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
You have to disable Viperion and Bunnyx before people have a chance of believing any change to the status quo will stick.

Taking the latter out of the picture by trapping adult Alyx in another dimension or something would help.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Welp, since the latest trailer for 4x22 shows so many secret identities being discovered, the reset button must be as big as the one in that Voyager gif, as there are four more episodes following it this season and they're probably not going to nuke their entire premise. It's not so much a question of "will they do that?" as"how will they do that?" (The trailers have barely shown the actual named villain, so their powers could be anything.)

Ladybug and Shadow Moth learn that Adrien is Cat. Adrien finds his mum and discovers that Gabriel is Shadow Moth. Shadow Moth akumatises Adrien and gets the Cat Miraculous. Plus we already saw that some villains witness Ladybug detransform into Marinette. Yeah, unless they're going for the biggest mid-season retooling of a show ever, this one ain't sticking.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's pretty clear that Ladybug is a sentimonster, and her shock is Gabriel finding it out through her. If you remember how he puppetmastered a clone of Alec in Optigami, same thing happening here.

I'm entirely sure they hit the reversal switch and I'm not sure if I want them to. If the kids themselves figured out their own identities I'd say it gets reversed for sure, but they've piled so much anguish on Adrien for ~25 episodes now that I'm pretty okay with him and his dad breaking apart at this point. It's the worst father/son relationship since Evangelion and it needs to change. I get that this show has "roadrunner plots" where they can't be resolved without ending the entire show, and that the protagonists keeping secrets from each other is a roadrunner plot. But there's a limit to how many episodes I can watch Gabriel naively hunt down his own son while Nathalie plays a surrogate wife before my mental wellbeing has to quit this show for small children. That can't be a roadrunner plot, it can't go forever.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 4, 2021

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Well, 'Ephemeral' did not play out at all like anything I'd expected. Still not sure how resetting a clock on a satellite fixed everything, mind - think I need a better translation than a done-in-a-couple-of-hours fansub...

Because everything was real even if time travel was inevitably employed at the end, it was genuinely cool/unnerving to see Marinette not gently caress about in the slightest the instant she realised Shadow Moth had the Cat Miraculous, and transform and Lucky Charm in about a second flat right in front of him - all bets were off and she knew it. And we got a much better explanation, and even glimpse, of exactly what Gabriel getting his wish would entail for the rest of the world.

On a sidenote, that's now Bob Roth added to the list of named-character akuma victims. There can't be many left now! XY, Mr Banana, the fire chief - and Marinette, I guess, since she never actually transformed in 'Ladybug'.

Edit: maybe he'll appear in the two early episodes still to be shown, but it feels like Su-Han should have had more of an ominous presence before Ladybug rips him a new one and tells him how dare he challenge her competence as a superhero and Guardian after everything she's proved she can do. Although ironically, on this occasion she absolutely made the wrong decision (even if Su-Han pushed her into it) and it nearly led to the end of the world.

Edit edit: mulling over it, I think the reason 'Emphemeral' doesn't work nearly as well as 'Cat Blanc' even though it's a kind of flip of the earlier story is because there Ladybug actively came up with a solution that involved fixing her own mistake and Marinette afterwards remembered what had happened in the bad future, so could learn a lesson from it. Here, Ladybug makes essentially the same mistake despite now knowing what will happen if they learn each others' identities, Sass and Luka are the ones who take direct action to fix things (albeit with a hint from Ladybug), and at the end Ladybug has no specific idea what happened, just that Su-Han's demand led to bad consequences. And I still haven't figured out exactly how the business with the satellite worked!

Edit edit edit: jeez, nobody else has posted in this thread for a while! But 'Gabriel Agreste' just aired in France; I was distracted by translating for my son, so completely missed the significance of Senti-Gabe threatening to remove Felix from existence with a click of his fingers until someone else pointed it out. :stare: It would explain how Felix could go toe-to-toe with three akumatised villains at once if he's a sentimonster...

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 14, 2021

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

Edit edit edit: jeez, nobody else has posted in this thread for a while! But 'Gabriel Agreste' just aired in France; I was distracted by translating for my son, so completely missed the significance of Senti-Gabe threatening to remove Felix from existence with a click of his fingers until someone else pointed it out. :stare: It would explain how Felix could go toe-to-toe with three akumatised villains at once if he's a sentimonster...
I’m trying to hold out to watch them in order of release but failing miserably so I’m going to hit you with my Adrian is not a sentimonster theory.
I think Adrian and Felix were created from one baby Gabe and Emilie had. The thing is, is Gabriel wanted a perfect child, always refers to Adrian as perfect, in Adrien’s childhood fantasy of what he wanted to be when he grew up his earliest memory is being in a crib and just wanting to please his parents.
So in order to get his wish of a perfect child, all his perfect child’s imperfections went into another child: Felix. Adrien and Felix are two halves of a whole person. This is also why Astruc is so adamant that Adrian is a perfect flawless cinnamon roll. Because he was wished to be from birth. The creation of Felix was a direct result of Gabriel’s wish for a perfect child. Eventually this other kid either sucked the life force out of Emilie or she tried wishing for them both to be normal kids once she realized how much of a poo poo Felix was and got whammied because that would have been creating life, or at least a half life, and that balance demand would leave her in a state of half-death or coma.
I have a feeling the end of this or next season will be the end of Felix and birth of Adrien Agreste, normal kid with flaws and he’s going to rebel HARD against everything that’s been bugging him from Ladybugs unfair treatment to his overbearing father to his faithless friend Chloes bullshit, and it’s going to be no more Mr Nice Guy.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Huh, learned two things from Thomas Astruc's Twitter this evening:

'Qilin' was heavily censored on French TV. The scenes where Roger acts like an officious, overbearing rear end in a top hat who ends up arresting Sabine (over the trivial offence of an unpaid bus ticket) were cut because the channel didn't want to make kids feel they couldn't trust cops, and;

Astruc himself has finished on the show. When Zag bought the rights he was hired to oversee it until the end of season 5 - and season 5 is now completed as far as his involvement goes.

Season 4 finishes tonight in some countries, BTW. Going to try to avoid spoilers, but some rear end in a top hat already dropped a huge one (which Astruc effectively confirmed in his annoyed reaction), so we'll see how things play out.

Edit: I would have watched all the remaining episodes on the main Ladybug :filez: site by now (won't name it, but it has a .to domain), but holy poo poo is that the most malware-plagued, pop-up infested, click-anywhere-and-it-starts-downloading-christ-knows-what piece of poo poo I've seen in years. Avoid!

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 12, 2022

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

Huh, learned two things from Thomas Astruc's Twitter this evening:

'Qilin' was heavily censored on French TV. The scenes where Roger acts like an officious, overbearing rear end in a top hat who ends up arresting Sabine (over the trivial offence of an unpaid bus ticket) were cut because the channel didn't want to make kids feel they couldn't trust cops, and;

Astruc himself has finished on the show. When Zag bought the rights he was hired to oversee it until the end of season 5 - and season 5 is now completed as far as his involvement goes.

Season 4 finishes tonight in some countries, BTW. Going to try to avoid spoilers, but some rear end in a top hat already dropped a huge one (which Astruc effectively confirmed in his annoyed reaction), so we'll see how things play out.

Yeah apparently it hits Disney the 12th so I'm basically avoid social media til then. Also I feel my theory still stands. :colbert:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Caught up. :toot: First impressions of the final batch I watched:

Psycomedian: the looooong-delayed 4x05 finally arrived, and it's... adequate. Absolutely the best part is Perpetually Furious Ladybug's ranting version of her regular catchphrases, where they even reanimated the stock footage to show her in an extreme rage. The akuma victim was one of the show's occasional hey-it's-a-real-French-celebrity characters; I can only assume that Harry's English VA is a much worse actor than the original, because as a comedian he was terrible. Does anyone find Patch Adams-y honk-honk clown nose humour funny?

Penalteam: another French celeb, and another middling episode most interesting for introducing four new heroes, in such a drat rush that they pretty much have to explain/have explained their powers straight to camera. Chloe summoning an akuma on purpose just to get out of school sports was pretty funny though - I can relate.

Risk/Strike Back: the now-traditional big two-parter to end the season, and... oof. Ladybug, you done hosed up. There were absolutely mitigating circumstances, but still... The interesting thing is that in one respect it's reset things back to season 1 with just the two main heroes, while at the same time blowing that status quo completely apart. Hawk Moth now has almost all the Miraculouses, Felix has the Peacock Miraculous and knows Gabriel's secret, and Su-Han has had his doubts about Marinette's ability as the Guardian 100% confirmed. Definitely a "now get out of that" way to wrap up.
The big spoiler that I'd expected actually didn't happen, though Felix and/or Adrien confirmed as a sentimonster. Double-bluff from Astruc in getting angry about it on Twitter? Gabriel's previous comment to Felix about snapping his fingers to get rid of him is still open, though.
Edit: his reaction to how the sentis were dealt with is telling...

Anyway, that was season 4. The two double-headers of 'Truth'/'Lies' and 'Optigami'/'Sentibubbler' were the high points; the writers have said that the last was so complicated to write they don't want to do another story like it again. Shame, because it was one of the best they've ever done...

Edit edit: there's an interview on Youtube with one of the main animators at SAMG (the Korean studio who did most of the first season), which reveals that the budget-per-episode has been steadily cut over time, and all the little details and experiments they used to put in off their own bat - things like having characters breathing - have gradually been dropped because they simply don't have the time or money to animate them, and apparently Zag also thinks such things are "too fancy for television". Now it's become 'you animate what the director demands in the storyboards, and nothing more', which is one of the reasons why SAMG has left the show (that and money, I imagine). The guy also noted that the other animation houses brought in as replacements are a lot less experienced and often learning on the job, to the point that in a key scene in 'Ephemeral' Adrien is facing in the wrong direction. I just checked, and drat, he really is 90° off where he should be as Ladybug reveals she's Marinette.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 16, 2022

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The finale:

Felix has extreme "next season's villain" energy

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So after that finale, I am curious what the next season's status quo is gonna look like. Hawkmoth threatening to constantly barrage Paris with a nightmarish array of superpowers all used in tandem was a great line, but I'd be surprised if they moved that far away from the usual formula.

Payndz posted:

The big spoiler that I'd expected actually didn't happen, though Felix and/or Adrien confirmed as a sentimonster. Double-bluff from Astruc in getting angry about it on Twitter? Gabriel's previous comment to Felix about snapping his fingers to get rid of him is still open, though.
Edit: his reaction to how the sentis were dealt with is telling...

I think this pretty much has to be the case now. That particular comment is ambiguous, but Felix saying he "won't need" the ring anymore when he gets the Peacock miraculous doesn't make any sense if he's not a sentimonster.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So after that finale, I am curious what the next season's status quo is gonna look like. Hawkmoth threatening to constantly barrage Paris with a nightmarish array of superpowers all used in tandem was a great line, but I'd be surprised if they moved that far away from the usual formula.

I think this pretty much has to be the case now. That particular comment is ambiguous, but Felix saying he "won't need" the ring anymore when he gets the Peacock miraculous doesn't make any sense if he's not a sentimonster.

I still don't get why he wouldn't though. According to Astruc (on twitter) the holder of the peacock miraculous can only 'kill' the sentimonster, not control it or anything else. See here: https://imgur.com/a/fNPECuY Of course if he doesn't know that... Still seems like a dumb idea to leave that up to chance. Unless he's not a sentimonster, but knows Adrien is, and wants to hold Adrien over Gabriel's head as insurance. Which is... weird flex, and doesn't match up with Gabriels snap threat (or what Astruc says about the holder of the object the amok is sealed in.). Unless Felix knows his amok isn't in either ring...

Another interesting thing that Astruc clarified is that sentimonsters that are created in human form are for all intents and purposes human and can go on to lead a natural life, have children, etc. and never even realize they're sentimonsters/magically created.

Anyway this post on reddit tries to collect all this ephemera from the various sources both in and out of the show about the nature of miraculous how their powers work etc. and how it relates to the sentiAdrien/Felix theory and makes for some interesting reading.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Oracle posted:

I still don't get why he wouldn't though. According to Astruc (on twitter) the holder of the peacock miraculous can only 'kill' the sentimonster, not control it or anything else. See here: https://imgur.com/a/fNPECuY

Yeah. I'm guessing there's some rule that hasn't come up yet, like if the holder of the Peacock is a sentimonster, they aren't subject to being controlled by the object containing their amok. Something like that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
https://twitter.com/rebabuhr/status/1508129739491356672

Man, I still like the show, but gently caress this production.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/rebabuhr/status/1508129739491356672

Man, I still like the show, but gently caress this production.

Good news it looks like a bunch won’t be leaving after all the whole Cast is getting a raise.
https://mobile.twitter.com/rebabuhr/status/1510310240939511810

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
5x01 'Evolution' - ha, Gabriel could have got what he most wanted and beaten Ladybug by never having any need to fight her... but no, he hosed himself over because he's just that big an rear end in a top hat, even though the thing that could have saved Emilie was literally in his hand.

I was watching a subbed version and the subtitles cut out when the two Bunnixes were talking - what was the whole deal with not being able to have young Alix back and the photos of old Alix that her dad had?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

5x01 'Evolution' - ha, Gabriel could have got what he most wanted and beaten Ladybug by never having any need to fight her... but no, he hosed himself over because he's just that big an rear end in a top hat, even though the thing that could have saved Emilie was literally in his hand.

I was watching a subbed version and the subtitles cut out when the two Bunnixes were talking - what was the whole deal with not being able to have young Alix back and the photos of old Alix that her dad had?

Arrgh. I take it this isn't out in the US yet? Isn't it due in July? I was wondering why I was seeing all this stuff about Gabriel in various social media feeds. Trying to avoid spoilers ugh.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
oh poo poo, that reminds me I haven't seen season 4 at all. I see it's all on Disney+, though.

Anyone have the handy episode order? and what specials to watch between seasons 3 and 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Payndz posted:

Re: not being able to have young Alix back. I'm not sure if it was totally spelled out, but I think the plan was for young Alix to take the Rabbit Miraculous and travel forward in time to a point after Hawkmoth/Monarch has been defeated once and for all. That way, the Rabbit Miraculous essentially doesn't exist for that entire timespan, so it's impossible for him to get his hands on it again.

Re the photos: future-Alix apparently sent her dad pictures of every time period she visited. Which is very sweet, but raises a lot of questions. Well, mostly just two: "what happened to caring about secret identities?" and "isn't that a horrible violation of causality, for basically no reason?"

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 21, 2022