Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

You should hide it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Skeezy posted:

Cowards. Just do like me and tell people you play these types of games. I have nothing to hide.
IQ has to be under 50 brother.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Skate 3 does this weird thing when it comes back from quick resume where it goes into super turbo mode and everything runs 10x as fast for about 20 seconds and it’s actually my favorite part of launching the game

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ubisoft has at least 5 games better than Elden Ring just off the top of my head.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ubisoft has at least 5 games better than Elden Ring just off the top of my head.

I'm all for shitposting but some posts are just too gross to have permanently associated with with your forums persona.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Name them so I can have a chuckle

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Exchanged Elden Ring for COD Vanguard. Xbox stays winning

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

We’re you dropped on top of your head?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

styls trill epic posted:

what the gently caress

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i don't quick resume because i weirdly like the act of starting up games lol

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Soul Glo posted:

what the gently caress

Elden ring was too hard op. COD Vanguard was about the same price so it was a 1:1 change and im hoping its good. still downloading

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i don't quick resume because i weirdly like the act of starting up games lol

your head is hosed mate

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

styls trill epic posted:

Elden ring was too hard op. COD Vanguard was about the same price so it was a 1:1 change and im hoping its good. still downloading

it's not!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

styls trill epic posted:

Not a bad choice brother. Enjoy your game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

styls trill epic posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

getting worked by styles tthill epic is mega fail

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The trolls aren't just in Elden Ring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

styls trill epic posted:

Mods?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I don't like elden ring but it's just not for me and I would rather play a bad cod than "the greatest game ever" that is, for me personally, a loving chore to play.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Laserface posted:

I don't like elden ring but it's just not for me and I would rather play a bad cod than "the greatest game ever" that is, for me personally, a loving chore to play.

Yeah it's not my cup o joe either but it looks amazing. I do enjoy CoD though I think it is the sound effects for bullet hits and picking up cash and such that just gives me a sweet dopamine hit :haw:

Vanguard campaign was a snooze and I bailed on it pretty quickly but the multiplayer/warzone stuff is fun!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laserface posted:

You should try growing a brain lol.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Skate 3 does this weird thing when it comes back from quick resume where it goes into super turbo mode and everything runs 10x as fast for about 20 seconds and it’s actually my favorite part of launching the game

Battlefront 2 (lol) does this and it never goes away.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I liked Assassins Creed until the big summer sale last year when I bought like six of them, played through four of them in a row and then decided I didn’t want to ever play Assassins Creed ever again

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kevyn posted:

I liked Assassins Creed until the big summer sale last year when I bought like six of them, played through four of them in a row and then decided I didn’t want to ever play Assassins Creed ever again

They got bad after Black Flag anyway. That weird pseudo RPG thing they changed to sucks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I very much remember when they were marketing the original AC how they went out of their way to not give enemies health bars. Basically one or two slashes or stabs and they're dead. Oh how times have changed.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Good (modern) games from Ubisoft:

Raymond Legends
Assassin Creed Origins
FC4
The Division 2 (campaign)
Rainbow Six Siege.
Ghost Recon Wildlands.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 3, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Good (modern) games from Ubisoft:

Raymond Legends
Wasn't that released two console generations ago?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Kins posted:

Wasn't that released two console generations ago?

I think it was originally a wii game lol

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm so desperate for a DnD experience I might play Dark Aliance.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I think it was originally a wii game lol
That was Rayman Origins, looks like Legends was first released on PS3, 360, Vita and Wii U in 2013... nearly a decade ago.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Kins posted:

That was Rayman Origins, looks like Legends was first released on PS3, 360, Vita and Wii U in 2013... nearly a decade ago.

Oh poo poo my bad. Either way it was a great game lol

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Lammasu posted:

Don't loving do it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

It’s poo poo OP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

You should play the OG dark alliance games or its close cousin Champions of Norrath because they're actually solid console ARPGs. The new one is rear end.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I couldn't believe how bad Dark Alliance was. My hopes were for a solid b-tier action game with light D&D themes, and within the first ten seconds I was pulling up the menu to make sure my controller hadn't been partially disconnected or something. Moving around in that game feels like absolute poo poo. Then you get to the combat, which feels like it was made by the guy who did the movement on a day when he didn't care.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Get on Wonderlands dude, It scratches the itch I promise you.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tiny Tina just looks like a reskinned borderlands, which I guess is fine for what it is if you like borderlands game but it isnt a DnD experience

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've not played it but amalur rereckoning has been on my watchlist because it's supposed to have super fun combat. It may scratch your fabtasy ARPG itch.

Not on gamepass though, Xbox is doomed etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Couple very good albeit old school D&D games on sale right now actually, I personally haven't played console versions but when I looked at them the other day they had good reviews re: console controls.

Baldur's Gate is 2nd Edition Enhanced and Neverwinter Nights is 3rd Edition.

No idea what this is in USD, probably like $7.50?