Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

He seems like a swell person, and is clearly a ok to good businessman to helm Maximum Fun.

I'm still floored that I feel like I've never seen a picture of him with short facial hair. It's three to ten times longer than most people grow it out. Could be a gift, could be a curse. I don't know how the man eats soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The World Inferno posted:

He seems like a swell person, and is clearly a ok to good businessman to helm Maximum Fun.

I'm still floored that I feel like I've never seen a picture of him with short facial hair. It's three to ten times longer than most people grow it out. Could be a gift, could be a curse. I don't know how the man eats soup.

Jesse Thorne is ageless, simultaneously young and wizened, like a child that kept getting larger but not older until the day he suddenly grew a Rip van Winkle beard

what I’m saying is that maybe Jesse Thorne is a wayward Astari, distracted from Eru’s purpose by the human delights of podcasting and the riches to be found in SF-area thrifting

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm quite behind on all their podcasting stuff, but this week's Monster Factory felt like they never left, and Trial by Fieri has been a lot of fun.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Is Travis's Stardew Valley thing any good? Been digging Trial by Ferrari well enough.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I know this isn't technically a Polygon thread but it seems like the best place to start getting excited for round 2 of Pat interviewing Ben Schwartz about Sonic. The first one was a lot of fun

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1508519298305695746?s=20&t=IZzYbO9QUr7emsw7nYC3EQ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Love 15 hard Richard stink minutes, real after-the-second-music-act snl skit vibes

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
When Justin is right, he's right.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

return of monster factoey and Richard stink it must be my birthday

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Colonel Whitey posted:

I know this isn't technically a Polygon thread but it seems like the best place to start getting excited for round 2 of Pat interviewing Ben Schwartz about Sonic. The first one was a lot of fun

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1508519298305695746?s=20&t=IZzYbO9QUr7emsw7nYC3EQ

Somehow I missed the first one so I just experienced it today and hoo boy that's some good content. Pat's ultimate straight man schtick up against Ben Schwartz is really fun to see

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Zero One posted:

When Justin is right, he's right.

Yeeeeah, that's the stuff.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

CainsDescendant posted:

Somehow I missed the first one so I just experienced it today and hoo boy that's some good content. Pat's ultimate straight man schtick up against Ben Schwartz is really fun to see

Agreed, he should drop Middleditch and take Gill and Schwartz on the road

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Last(?) episode of Trial By Fieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7BT1Z2aelk

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 31, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The madman did it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

It is imperative I see a VOD of this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

It is imperative I see a VOD of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ5NV7Tt9Do&t=4099s found it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What's the betting it was classic brotherly ribbing and they both just laughed it off or were actively cracking up during the conversation and somehow these knuckleheads have missed that (bonus points if I am also falling into this trap by assuming they are being embarrassing by pretending to be embarrassed by internet non drama).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sometimes it's dumb sibling ribbing, and sometimes you're not in the mood for sibling ribbing and you overreact.

It could be either in this case, though I don't really care.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9bM6fLKIY

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

thebardyspoon posted:

What's the betting it was classic brotherly ribbing and they both just laughed it off or were actively cracking up during the conversation and somehow these knuckleheads have missed that (bonus points if I am also falling into this trap by assuming they are being embarrassing by pretending to be embarrassed by internet non drama).

I am the loser who just watched that 5 min exchange along with Justin's replies in chat and yea Justin came in with the jokes that Travis definitely took seriously and Justin basically started throwing real shade back ("sorry that I like spending time with my kids more than playing switch"). Typical Travis taking jokey criticism too seriously.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Travis Does A Cyber Bully

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Thank Travis for Travis

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the ravenous was with which this thread devours any suggestion of discord among these people is extremely weird and off-putting

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Travis pronounces tour like it rhymes with sewer and it bugs me

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
y’all thinking that an Elder Brother and a Middle Brother don’t fight all the loving time like God intended are loving fooling yourselves

the only one who maybe doesn’t fight is Griffin, because that’s how baby brothers work. But if I had to put money down it’s probably almost guaranteed that Travis fights with both of them and it’s not weird and shouldn’t really be News

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

can't believe they assaulted each other live on stage like this. why weren't the police called for this heinous crime

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes it's dumb sibling ribbing, and sometimes you're not in the mood for sibling ribbing and you overreact.
we're all lucky that Travis would never do such a thing as overreact on a stream

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sivart13 posted:

we're all lucky that Travis would never do such a thing as overreact on a stream

amen

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Metis of the Hallways posted:

can't believe they assaulted each other live on stage like this. why weren't the police called for this heinous crime

They were, but no police officer was brave enough to attempt to apprehend the living weapon that is Justin McElroy.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

grittyreboot posted:

Travis pronounces tour like it rhymes with sewer and it bugs me

It's to separate themselves from East Virginia.

Also the first episode of MBMBAM the Show was "Travis Does a Hit"

And Justin deserved it lmao

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sivart13 posted:

The man has a gift for making bad leaps of logic in his reactions to being annoyed. Before it was the "this is what bad people do", in this he tries to sarcastically ask "what are you streaming, because you care about entertaining people". The pause afterwards like he delivered a sick burn, which it wasn't, is also kind of incredible.

It's really not a big deal, it's a minute out of of a two hour stream, but it's fascinating.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
shocking how a 40 year old man dressed on the internet like nerdy ska dad Monkey D Luffy could make bad logical leaps

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

receiving troubling reports that a family may have bickered

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Travis is like antimatter and should be kept isolated from the public under controller conditions, lest we get another Code Amogus

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

one day, god willing, someone will manage to make a funny post in this thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

QuoProQuid posted:

one day, god willing, someone will manage to make a funny post in this thread.

I think this might be in the running for the closest we've come

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Idk, Travis didn’t even seem that mad, he just made the best comeback he could think of, which didn’t happen to be a good one

Mcelroy drama is the most boring drama (this is a good thing)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This is some weak sauce for this thread. Get some theory crafting going. I want to hear about how Justin is mad about Travis not being fully bought into the hyper anarch neo grassroot leftist movement and blames him for the death of Grunno, the forth brother, in that train accident.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Justin too busy embezzling under-the-table Burger King ad money to his wife’s election campaign to make content.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HVi-8cS9qw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUgwDa2BGk