Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/fos/status/1510415353997836291?s=21

It’s going to be fun because the only thing that could possibly jeopardize his ownership is screwing other owners. None of the sexual harassment, corruption, etc, ad nauseam has moved the needle.

Eat poo poo, Dan Snyder.

Even if they got Al Capone on tax evasion, they still got him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

I like that his last name is literally “Police”

I thought it was a more sassy Please like an Olson would say on Full House

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

lol she's gonna get fired and blackballed by cop unions

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Its Rinaldo posted:

lol she's gonna get fired and blackballed by cop unions

Yeah blurring out her face was a disservice to her. I don't think gently tugging on another cop's belt to tell him to ease up a bit is the type of thing that would ordinarily bring retribution, but now that she's been witness protection-ized, cop brain is going to call her a rat.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Made some musubi today but my sushi rice wasn't quite sticky enough and 2 of the 6 kinda fell apart.

Anyone got advice for that good stick? Followed directions with the vinegar and sugar mix and stuff.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What type of rice did you use? That can make a difference

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

What type of rice did you use? That can make a difference

Ah that would be it. I was trying to use up poo poo in the cupboard so used long grain instead of the real real.

Makes sense.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
What a great game of basketball.

gently caress Duke, don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out Coach K.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1510455075784769541?t=VmLjiwJLqGEQthd3598vVw&s=19

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

General Dog posted:

I like that his last name is literally “Police”

Guy has heard "officer, please!" so many times he thought it was his name.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Functionally that rivalry is dead for at least a couple years because it is almost impossible to get one over on a rival better than that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Manoueverable posted:

gently caress Duke, don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out Coach K.

Deeply cursed final regardless.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
*taps microphone*

*clears throat*

gently caress Duke.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Manoueverable posted:

I’m no fan of UNC, but having them be K’s final two losses is sweet.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My partner and I have had a friend over for the weekend and poor Lena has spent most of it hiding since she is very scared of strange humans. They're out and about so she's come out and taken up residence on my lap so while I am very hungry I have accepted my fate.

Mr "I hate grooming help, you'll have to cut my butt hair" fluffy pants Katya has been loving the extra attention.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Abugadu posted:

*taps microphone*

*clears throat*

gently caress Duke.

Manoueverable posted:

:hai:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Kansas wins, I'm winning $777 from my bracket pool I went in with my friends. Everyone else in front of me picked Duke, so this is extra sweet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

If Kansas wins, I'm winning $777 from my bracket pool I went in with my friends. Everyone else in front of me picked Duke, so this is extra sweet.

I have nothing against you, but I am absolutely a petty enough fan that I wish you ill luck (I think KU is pretty solid to win this now).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

So as far as No Way Home goes

So all the people who knew Parker is Spider-Man got pulled into the universe? But as far as I'm aware there isn't even a Spider-Man in the Venom universe? So how did he get pulled in? (note I haven't seen Venom)

the symbiote has a multiversal hive mind that has knowledge of Spider-Man

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My partner and I have had a friend over for the weekend and poor Lena has spent most of it hiding since she is very scared of strange humans. They're out and about so she's come out and taken up residence on my lap so while I am very hungry I have accepted my fate.

Mr "I hate grooming help, you'll have to cut my butt hair" fluffy pants Katya has been loving the extra attention.

My two boys weren’t used to company since my late fiancé and I were completely isolated for the entirety of Covid, and we generally didn’t have people at either of our places before Covid since we were both in small apartments before that. I started having friends over this year and both of them would tear rear end into the basement the second the door opened and hid all night, and I suspect this caused urinary stress problems in both of them. But the last few times my sweet boy has come up and socialized with everyone :shobon:

The dumb fat orange one came up to take a brief peek at everyone the last time but skittered off back to the basement, so hopefully he’ll start getting more comfortable with everyone soon too. I just hope he starts learning to clean his poopy butt better by then, for everyone else’s sake <:mad:>

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1510298364356841482?t=FaFlkPXWXtJaA8u5eoEM5w&s=19

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

T-Square posted:

My two boys weren’t used to company since my late fiancé and I were completely isolated for the entirety of Covid, and we generally didn’t have people at either of our places before Covid since we were both in small apartments before that. I started having friends over this year and both of them would tear rear end into the basement the second the door opened and hid all night, and I suspect this caused urinary stress problems in both of them. But the last few times my sweet boy has come up and socialized with everyone :shobon:

The dumb fat orange one came up to take a brief peek at everyone the last time but skittered off back to the basement, so hopefully he’ll start getting more comfortable with everyone soon too. I just hope he starts learning to clean his poopy butt better by then, for everyone else’s sake <:mad:>

The gently caress?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a sexual elk posted:

The gently caress?

Cats, not kids

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

Cats, not kids

Lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Cats, not kids

Thank Christ, I thought you had 2 dumbass human boys who pissed themselves, then ran down to the basement until the ginger popped up to say “Hi” at a dinner party.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I love every person in this video they all are the best

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/WarintheFuture/status/1510389051895193602?s=20&t=F21BEZX4RQsKAIkk_KR3mQ

Not to undersell how terrible the situation in Ukraine is, but if this means we can't call the Russian military "professional soldiers," then professional soldiers haven't existed in my life time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Not to undersell how terrible the situation in Ukraine is, but if this means we can't call the Russian military "professional soldiers," then professional soldiers haven't existed in my life time.

It’s all an effort to gaslight us into believing US soldiers don’t commit atrocities in spite of mountains of evidence otherwise.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

War in of itself is a crime so the existence of “war crimes” is to try and justify the use of force but only when we use it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Was watching KU-Nova yesterday and got an ad calling Dr. Oz a RINO lol

For context, he is running for US Senate here in PA.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Watched Power of the Dog last night and it was fine I guess. Not terribly surprised it was nominated and didn’t win for a bunch of Oscars. Feels like a real Oscar bait movie, but nowhere near good or interesting enough to win anything.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Mods please change my name to dumb fat orange son

E:

T-Square fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 3, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bird in a Blender posted:

Watched Power of the Dog last night and it was fine I guess. Not terribly surprised it was nominated and didn’t win for a bunch of Oscars. Feels like a real Oscar bait movie, but nowhere near good or interesting enough to win anything.

Bronco Henry, tho. What a guy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Yeah blurring out her face was a disservice to her. I don't think gently tugging on another cop's belt to tell him to ease up a bit is the type of thing that would ordinarily bring retribution, but now that she's been witness protection-ized, cop brain is going to call her a rat.

Your logic is backwards imo. The law that protects their identities came about due to necessity from historical precedent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There is just an insane amount of poo poo in elden ring and almost no guidance at all lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's pretty cool that 9 people were injured and 6 were killed in a mass shooting in Sacramento last night and it isn't even really news anymore.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1510594230611238921?t=P1blqWNKUDYvbCj5klYBsA&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Your logic is backwards imo. The law that protects their identities came about due to necessity from historical precedent

My point was that anyone within the Sunrise Police Department with an intent to punish her would not be deterred by the blurred face; it's probably trivial for them to actually identify her.

If they showed her face, I think it's less likely the thought would cross their minds to discipline her in the first place. Now that she's in a viral anti-police video with her face blurred out (suggesting that she is a deserving target for retribution), they might be more inclined to punish her.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

My point was that anyone within the Sunrise Police Department with an intent to punish her would not be deterred by the blurred face; it's probably trivial for them to actually identify her.

If they showed her face, I think it's less likely the thought would cross their minds to discipline her in the first place. Now that she's in a viral anti-police video with her face blurred out (suggesting that she is a deserving target for retribution), they might be more inclined to punish her.

From my understanding it was her choice? I guess we can argue whether she played it wrong, but in the end it was her call?

I could be very wrong wrong on that, but at least if she wanted to go public surely they couldn't stop her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Could be her choice! No idea. I can also respect not wanting one's face all over social media and the public writ large.

But right, it's not going to protect from professional retribution was my broader point. I would presume it could backfire and make her a larger target.