Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
more and more people are saying this
This poll is closed.
they're coming up to me 57 15.53%
with tears in their eyes and 85 23.16%
they're saying 59 16.08%
SIR! we want thread! 134 36.51%
straight out of central casting 32 8.72%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

why did such a woman settle for you

It should be pretty clear from my posts in this thread that I'm quite a catch for any woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i was thinking of getting this keyboard for work

https://www.newegg.com/p/0GA-007E-000E8

some site ranked it as the best ergonomic keyboard

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

death 2 english

Apr 7, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

python is fine to learn if you just need a way to parse data from a file or pull data from an API. it's a fine language for normal people to pick up

stfu about your boring edge case job requirements that require strong typing or whatever. if someone wanted to eat poo poo
for a living they'd learn database query routines or whatever

loving nerds

Aren't you a librarian?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm a total loving moron and I'm making a hair under $122K to do PL/SQL poo poo

i make 13k and im in pain at least 50% of the time

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:siren: It's April 2022 and it's time to start naming and shaming the members of our community who aren't pulling their weight :siren:

There have been 458 posts made by Daniel Dales Dick, an average of 0.63 posts per day, since registering on Apr 7, 2020

There have been 46 posts made by j o y c e, an average of 0.57 posts per day, since registering on Jan 11, 2022

There have been 1977 posts made by Aino Minako, an average of 0.38 posts per day, since registering on Dec 16, 200

three of you on this very page are letting down your fellow posters

Joseph Stalin was probably thinking about the posting future when he said "quantity has a quality all it's own"

I and my fellow responsible members of the c-spam posting community hereby officially exhort you to post your way through to the minimum acceptable lifetime average of 1.00 posts per day

post content if you can, emptyquote if you must, but get yourselves out of the posting basement, preferably by the end of the month

until you do so, hang your heads in shame, but don't let that stop you from posting

Apr 7, 2003

802.11weed posted:

i make 13k and im in pain at least 50% of the time

You should probably make a living wage for doing absolutely nothing + you should have healthcare, we will probably get these policies once Democrats have control of the House and the Senate

(I'm not being sarcastic, no one should have to work a poo poo piss gently caress job to live)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aren't you a librarian?

yep

Apr 7, 2003

God bless, your job is way more important than mine

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

whose isn’t

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Filthy Hans posted:

There have been 1977 posts made by Aino Minako, an average of 0.38 posts per day, since registering on Dec 16, 200

There's very disappointing to have made that few posts in 1822 years

Apr 7, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

whose isn’t

I do quality improvement stuff, right now my focus is on making sure kids get age-appropriate dental sealants.

I have garbage teeth because my parents were dumbasses. If what I'm doing right now results in even one kid getting better dental care, my job was worth it to me.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

God bless, your job is way more important than mine

we are all doing our best, friend

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
are half the usual thread posters watching wrestlemania tonight?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

CORRECTION

in a previous post, I noted that

quote:

I should have typed "There have been 1977 posts made by Aino Minako, an average of 0.38 posts per day, since registering on Dec 16, 2000" but accidentally cut off the last digit

BUT THIS IS ALSO AN OPPORTUNITY

if I were to merely correct the mistake by editing my previous post, I would not create an additional post to support the thread

by issuing the correction in a separate post, I have literally doubled my posting contribution to this page of the 2020 Trimp thread

learn from my mistakes, but also from my triumphs

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I remember one week in 8th grade our math teacher was out for the week and we had a sub who was a slightly above average looking white lady and the first thing she said to the class was “good morning class my name
Is misses welsh and before anyone asks, sorry boys I’m married”

And my first thought even as a horny 13 year old boy was “gently caress you lady your not that hot”

I have a friend who's an attractive young lady who substitute teaches. it sounds like every boy last 6th grade is either trying to get her phone number or take secret pictures of her. kids these days

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Filthy Hans posted:

:siren: It's April 2022 and it's time to start naming and shaming the members of our community who aren't pulling their weight :siren:

There have been 458 posts made by Daniel Dales Dick, an average of 0.63 posts per day, since registering on Apr 7, 2020

There have been 46 posts made by j o y c e, an average of 0.57 posts per day, since registering on Jan 11, 2022

Joseph Stalin was probably thinking about the posting future when he said "quantity has a quality all it's own"

I and my fellow responsible members of the c-spam posting community hereby officially exhort you to post your way through to the minimum acceptable lifetime average of 1.00 posts per day

post content if you can, emptyquote if you must, but get yourselves out of the posting basement, preferably by the end of the month

until you do so, hang your heads in shame, but don't let that stop you from posting

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Plinkey posted:

emfive buy a red dragon mechanical keyboard, blue switches, you will thank me, anyone else within 30 feet will hate you

lol I have one of those but it got roasted by a bad USB device, but I have others very similar.

One from "Yooso" with goofy round typewriter keys but it's actually really nice to type on.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
my medical records job is cool because we get to tell cops "no, gently caress you" when they request records on our substance abuse clients if the clients haven't explicitly signed a bunch of forms

one of them got so pissed off they altered a form to try to get a forgery past us and I caught it lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

2DCAT posted:

Pisssssssssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssassssasssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss sss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss sssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss ssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Filthy Hans posted:

Nobody wants me to post more, in some threads they actively discourage it!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

tinstaach posted:

lol if you've never looked at some code and cursed the name of whichever idiot wrote it before looking at the history and seeing it was you six months ago

My favorite is re-reading my drunk comments that are also bad mouthing the code I wrote at the time

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's a Max Fleischer anime (Japanese: アニメ, IPA: [aɲime]) from 1928

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9O4xDW0Kc

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

my medical records job is cool because we get to tell cops "no, gently caress you" when they request records on our substance abuse clients if the clients haven't explicitly signed a bunch of forms

one of them got so pissed off they altered a form to try to get a forgery past us and I caught it lol

many such cases

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

The Nastier Nate posted:

:hmmyes:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
oh wait. it's the first day of Ramadan and all the good posters itt are busy feasting with their
loving families after a day of prayer, reading the Quran, and reflecting that G*d is the source of all nourishment.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

:justpost:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:orb:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

You should probably make a living wage for doing absolutely nothing + you should have healthcare, we will probably get these policies once Democrats have control of the House and the Senate

(I'm not being sarcastic, no one should have to work a poo poo piss gently caress job to live)

im canadian so at least i get healthcare

thx. maybe one day ubi will be real , and i'll get to die inside instead of in a ditch

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

did you really edit this post to thumbnail the image after originally posting the image at full size

that's lowkey the most aggravating thing you could have possibly done

impressive, in a way

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I do quality improvement stuff, right now my focus is on making sure kids get age-appropriate dental sealants.

I have garbage teeth because my parents were dumbasses. If what I'm doing right now results in even one kid getting better dental care, my job was worth it to me.

we had well water growing up, but my parents made me eat fluoride tablets every day, so i've only had like 3 cavities in my life

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

lol I have one of those but it got roasted by a bad USB device, but I have others very similar.

One from "Yooso" with goofy round typewriter keys but it's actually really nice to type on.

i have some keyboard like that laying around and i hated it, there's just not enough travel for a round keycap

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Lpzie posted:

OK in a few months when im all cut up we''ll see whose poo poo!~!!

i believe in u!! i believe in us, the TRUBMP flowers thread.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I'm a total loving moron and I'm making a hair under $122K to do PL/SQL poo poo

I crossed into six figgie territory just this year based on T-SQL and power bi and I'm dumb as hell, like literally 3 years ago I was nearly homeless and had no relevant experience

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Apraxin posted:

average trump thread enjoyer

hellz to the ya my SQL brotha!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

amateur

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Or wow.time passes I guess that was almost 5 years ago now

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh poo poo, first fetterman commercial i've seen in the wild, during SNL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon