Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1510415180349460487?s=20&t=IJw4j2RCT-Xynn73QckEYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

She is great at all the things you need to be a great pro wrestler but actually she is a bad pro wrestler
That reminds me of John Morrison getting turned down for his first Tough Enough audition. The talent relations guy criticized him for coming in and wanting to jump around and dance and talk and all the other things that make a WWE Superstar! And uh, that's why he's not a good fit for us!

It was actually because he could do Booker T's Spinaroonie but didn't know it by name when they asked him to do one, so they were butthurt that he didn't watch the product religiously enough.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

That reminds me of John Morrison getting turned down for his first Tough Enough audition. The talent relations guy criticized him for coming in and wanting to jump around and dance and talk and all the other things that make a WWE Superstar! And uh, that's why he's not a good fit for us!

It was actually because he could do Booker T's Spinaroonie but didn't know it by name when they asked him to do one, so they were butthurt that he didn't watch the product religiously enough.

that wasn't the talent relations guy, that was Kevin Dunn lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Generico posted:

https://twitter.com/OrlStrider2013/status/1510263249178140677

If only that darn Tony Khan hadn't forced ROH to book Enzo and Cass and gently caress up their relationship with New Japan.

or the increasingly hostile management.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
or the years and years of Delirious booking that was terrible, and with wide ranges of favouritism, racism and sexism.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

or the fact that Sinclair didn't want to put a single dime into the company to help them improve and grow.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
If Hangman was such a crucial draw for ROH maybe they should've given him a title other than the trios titles.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

that wasn't the talent relations guy, that was Kevin Dunn lmao

I remembered it being Big John Gaburick, but you're right. Gaburick was in that scene and he passed too, but it was Dunn who said that quote.

lol loving Dunn

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

Takes we don't get to see much these days, western puro supremacists.

they're still around in decent numbers they just don't really engage much with the greater wrestling internet community, or produce many particularly bad takes, just mostly grumbling amongst each other in their cloistered corners of the internet about how NOAH and AJPW aren't as popular as they should be.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1510438024122966019

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WrestleCringe is going to be posting so many flip-flops over the next month. Suddenly all the E-Drones that hated Cody will suddenly love him and will have always loved him for some unexplained reason.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Testekill posted:

WrestleCringe is going to be posting so many flip-flops over the next month. Suddenly all the E-Drones that hated Cody will suddenly love him and will have always loved him for some unexplained reason.

There will also be the opposite with AEW people. It's a smorgasbord.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1510453021205012481?s=20&t=p2ab1FudctxMq33JDzum0g

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The good side lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Takuan posted:

they're still around in decent numbers they just don't really engage much with the greater wrestling internet community, or produce many particularly bad takes, just mostly grumbling amongst each other in their cloistered corners of the internet about how NOAH and AJPW aren't as popular as they should be.

I'd definitely say this, there's a good dozen members of the roster that'd be much bigger stars if they weren't tied to a near-dead promotion but it's All Japan so noone sees them being awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

https://twitter.com/OrlStrider2013/status/1510263249178140677

If only that darn Tony Khan hadn't forced ROH to book Enzo and Cass and gently caress up their relationship with New Japan.

As well as ignoring all the ways ROH hosed themselves up this take also says that the Elite should have been forced to stay in a promotion they had outgrown and which refused to scale up to their level of popularity just because they were already there like they have no agency to make decisions on their careers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/WaukeshaWolf/status/1510510812045185028?t=254_Wvcsi7N16dSvVTBIGg&s=19

:hmmrona:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's not wrong that the smartest thing WWE did was to not be WWE about it

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

what keeps going through my head is:

let's see WWE screw up this sure thing
WWE screws it up easily
Alas, well, nevertheless...

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Lid posted:

There will also be the opposite with AEW people. It's a smorgasbord.

I think most aew fans had already turned on Cody before it became public he was leaving.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

I think most aew fans had already turned on Cody before it became public he was leaving.

Most turned on him when he was still in AEW

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Most turned on him when he was still in AEW

I don't know.

That time he got kicked in the face from offscreen was pretty entertaining.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

cagliostr0 posted:

We loved to boo him and were just waiting for the 4d chess Cena turn. His heat wasn't apathy it was we want a bastard because you're so disgustingly earnest and when you turn evil we will love you like MJF.

Hell a heel/heel Cody and MJF tag team could've happened.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

There's lots of things going on in this world

*gets murdered*

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
One of my all time favorite Cody moments.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

One of my all time favorite Cody moments.

Gonna miss you bud :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

There's lots of things going on in this world

*gets murdered*

Why won't they cheer me, the butt rock guy in pastel American colours, over the edgy Satanist coming out to modern post Metal while dressed as a pagan old God?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

Why won't they cheer me, the butt rock guy in pastel American colours, over the edgy Satanist coming out to modern post Metal while dressed as a pagan old God?

tbh I still think Cody/Malakai III was a massive, massive mistake for both Cody and Malakai

literally nobody wanted to see Cody going over that night, and Malakai would likely still be undefeated in singles matches at this point, so Cody would halt his continuing Cenafication and Malakai would still have his amazingly kickass mystique that he brought to those first two matches

we'd probably have a Hangman/Malakai program going into Double or Nothing where Hangman'd brag that he was the first man in AEW to beat Bryan Danielson, the first man in AEW to beat Adam Cole, and now he'll be the first man in AEW to beat Malakai Black

I mean, we'll probably still have that program, seeing how the House of Black/Dark Order feud is going, and it'll probably still kick rear end, but loving hell Cody, you are not a good booker

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Sometimes the negativity of the tweets in this thread is a bit of a downer, but I'm really enjoying laughing at the edrones taking their victory lap. It's funny how bad their takes are, but they're so happy that it's even more fun.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1510444227871707136

STUPENDOUS!!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The general "lol you're so triggered now AEWsexuals" smugness is extra funny considering AEW fan tweets I see are mostly "good for Cody for doing what he wants, AEW will survive just fine".

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

SG Bamboo posted:

I'd definitely say this, there's a good dozen members of the roster that'd be much bigger stars if they weren't tied to a near-dead promotion but it's All Japan so noone sees them being awesome.

This is the thing for a lot of small promotion wrestlers in Japan - there are a fair few Joshi Wrestlers who would be bigger names if they weren't in Indies effectively; limits your audience.

The ROH stuff is part of my favourite brand of tweets: the people that seem to think that wrestlers owe promoters loyalty for their whole careers and if they become bigger than the promotion they are in then its terrible if they leave. You see this in Japan as well - Stardom have recently signed a lot of people and while early on there were legit fears that they'd just sign all of the top stars after picking up Giulia and Syuri in quick order in reality they've mostly been picking up midcard/rookie level people and while its not great if you are a TJPW fan to lose Mirai she's not exactly the top star in the promotion. This didn't stop some people from concern trolling over Stardom raiding AWG when they signed a pair of rookies in the middle of last year because how dare they want to go to a more stable promotion that pays more with higher potential I guess. That one was especially funny because it was only a couple of months later when the promotion announced that they were restructuring and that talent had to either agree to stay with the downsized promotion and lose the ability to take outside dates or leave with notice being given in April and then suddenly it makes a whole lot more sense why suddenly a couple of rookies might be letting it be known that they are available.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

sticklefifer posted:

The general "lol you're so triggered now AEWsexuals" smugness is extra funny considering AEW fan tweets I see are mostly "good for Cody for doing what he wants, AEW will survive just fine".

What I said to a friend was that I thought Cody leaving AEW would improve both companies

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

sticklefifer posted:

I searched “Cody trader” on Twitter and aside from one or two tweets it’s all WWE fans complaining about hypothetical AEW fans labelling Cody a “trader”

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Clearly it means Cody's bringing back the world of tape-trading.

Why does Cody's face look like someone just kicked his rear end

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

El Generico posted:

Sometimes the negativity of the tweets in this thread is a bit of a downer, but I'm really enjoying laughing at the edrones taking their victory lap. It's funny how bad their takes are, but they're so happy that it's even more fun.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1510444227871707136

STUPENDOUS!!

Disclaimer: this man has not seen a single one of Cody's AEW matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the best part will be when WWE invariably depushes Cody the drones will still claim he's strongly presented and use his debut as the example.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

the best part will be when WWE invariably depushes Cody the drones will still claim he's strongly presented and use his debut as the example.

He'll get the WWE title before the end of the year, and that's all they'll need.

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised when Roman wins tonight to "unify" both belts, that he then turns around and immediately vacates the WWE belt, only for Cody to win in a match over, I don't know, the Miz?)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1510623167080910849?s=20&t=k5wP1mWNjAarCfVjr0s6GQ

tfw you're allowed to talk about the american nightmere cody rhodes again

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1510623167080910849?s=20&t=k5wP1mWNjAarCfVjr0s6GQ

tfw you're allowed to talk about the american nightmere cody rhodes again

his little celebration seems really phony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

his little celebration seems really phony

did you see his "celebration" when ronda won the royal rumble