Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Check the data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
number one: that's terror

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Brawnfire posted:

Check the data

Im concerned about what these data are telling us

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Why is that little bit of France coloured orange?
We just don't know

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://i.imgur.com/inETYcP.mp4

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Like 1 out of every 20 Greenlanders live in a single apartment building. Seems like it should be an easy country to poll.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/thee_snek/status/1508768042913873920

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Texas and Florida make me question that map's accuracy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ew, Utah

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ewtah

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hey, Is unfair to think that about Utah.

Most people can try Utah once, and not get worse for it, even have a experience and know themselves better.

Note: I am european so I don't know what state is Utah. Is that the one with the funny salt lake?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
And all those Mormons.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I don’t know what is going on in New Jersey.

Probably trying to get the smell out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
An entire state without any carpet stains

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/osamabishounen/status/1509425860222197760

“He may be black, but at least he isn’t an Albanian.”

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

TinTower posted:

Famously not racists, the Brits. Also basically every other European country.

With any luck, the white faces are American looking, which, you know, righteous negative stereotypes.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Texas and Florida make me question that map's accuracy

Oklahoma too but then remembered close to 10% of the state's population has weed cards now so that may explain why we ain't drinkin' like we used to

Maybe meth, too. The meth belt looks pretty pale

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

TinTower posted:

Yeah, Balkans people are too busy hating other Balkans people. And especially Roma. Not that much time left over for hating black people.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Groke posted:

Yeah, Balkans people are too busy hating other Balkans people. And especially Roma. Not that much time left over for hating black people.

Outgroup vs fargroup. People will hate a minority that comprises a non-trivial portion of their local population way more than people they have no direct experience with and aren't in competition over resources with.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

TinTower posted:

My favourite thing about this tweet was the Serbian guy in the replies saying "actually Croats are inherently more racist than Serbs"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:wrongcity:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What's the basketball school (I assume?) in the yellow. I don't know much about the state

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That's the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's kinda failed at its mission if people have to ask, imo.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Outgroup vs fargroup. People will hate a minority that comprises a non-trivial portion of their local population way more than people they have no direct experience with and aren't in competition over resources with.

This was a really funny one as an eastern european in east/south-east Asia; unless you are Russian you get treated stupidly, almost sickeningly, well, which is not something I experience a lot as an eastern euro in Britain.

To lay off the brits a bit, I would always explain it to Czechs as "brits see us like we see Ukrainians" and I'd often get "ahh" lmbo. Well technically the Czech equivalent, but that's besides the point.

TBF I think that has changed a lot because of the war, but before that Ukrainians were very much the exploited cheap labour minority.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 3, 2022

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

steinrokkan posted:

It's kinda failed at its mission if people have to ask, imo.

Not if your target audience is extremely local. Like anyone from or familiar with New England will get most of that, to say nothing of Massholes.
As a resident of the "Annexed Territory of the Evil Empire" trust me on this.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

As someone who lives in the gay hippy zone, fuckin l-o-l at the 'pumpkins and anarchists'

(though sadly they're mostly libertarians who turned into nazis)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Let me translate that for Eastern Europeans.

Massachusetts: Serbia
Rhode Island: Montenegro
Vermont: Slovenia
New Hampshire: Macedonia
Maine: Bulgaria
Connecticut: Bosnia
New York: Croatia

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Quebec: Austria

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't really translate tabarnak into german can you

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My grand-aunt lives in the Townies and Immigrants zone. I just saw her and her descendents in Redding for her daughter's funeral last month. She turns 98 next month, lives unassisted and her father served in WW1. :corsair:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can't really translate tabarnak into german can you

tabernak

(From translating tabernacle to German tabnerkel via Google translate)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/lijukic/status/1510878347223576576

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Thanks to EU4 all history begins in 1444.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Old James posted:

Thanks to EU4 all history begins in 1444.

Looks like EU4 colours, anyway.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That map is not detailed enough, in the HRE there were individual people who were as independent as those tiny states, on the same legal level, and I don't see them represented. It needs to be bigger.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Looks like a crop of this map (that I am proud/embarrassed to say it's hanging in my home office)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

And now I want a gerrimandered map of USA where the states are draw so the GOP win all elections forever.