Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure how he'll weasel out of paying the families, but I know he will.

Listening to the newer deposition episodes and it amazes me they still haven't realized that a lawyer isn't going to ask you a question they don't already know the answer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This guy Bill Ogden is really going a long way towards telling me why people hate lawyers, and why people would want to be lawyers.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I'm not sure how he'll weasel out of paying the families, but I know he will.
He'd need money.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Marsupial Ape posted:

I keep repeating it, but I see Jones killing himself, specifically live while broadcasting. He's a narcissist and Alex will let no one but himself write the end of his narrative.

yea tbh as much as it seems like a shitpost to say Alex has that very unique blend of personality disorders where I very genuinely can see him Budd Dwyer-ing himself live to 'control his story' or whatever

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

sexpig by night posted:

yea tbh as much as it seems like a shitpost to say Alex has that very unique blend of personality disorders where I very genuinely can see him Budd Dwyer-ing himself live to 'control his story' or whatever

Exactly. Dwyer is my point of reference.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Tomorrow is the beautiful 666 day!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Tomorrow is the beautiful 666 day!

I want the big reveal to be that Dan has been traveling to interview Mark Richards for months.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1510751539207577621

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I was already stoked, now this!?

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rfyruJdvY

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Currently Jordan screaming rn

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy moly that was a jam!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jones' lawyers say he's going to be deposed in CT starting on the 11th. Whether he actually shows or not is up in the air.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
gently caress me, really not liking the "If they say I killed my family and myself..." turn this is taking.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

As the boys said, this is far from the first time he's said that on air. I truly believe him to be too much of a coward to off himself. He is a man of no convictions other than "What will make me the most money right now"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Megabound posted:

As the boys said, this is far from the first time he's said that on air. I truly believe him to be too much of a coward to off himself. He is a man of no convictions other than "What will make me the most money right now"

Yeah but the context is very different this time. Right now he genuinely *does* have walls closing in on him that don't just exist in his own head, and this is after a string of almost certainly real on-air breakdowns. Even if it is purely performative it's surely not a great sign that that's where his head is going to.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
“Increasingly isolated” etc.

I wouldn’t worry tbh.

I have to say, of all the things to grind my gears about Alex, his fake laugh is top tier. It’s so gratingly fake.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm of two minds with Alex, on one hand, he's talked about killing himself so many times that it's definitely performative, otoh, he's said it so much at this point that now that things are coming to roost, I wonder if he actually believes that he would do it now. I think the real measure of if there's any actual threat to it will be how much more often it comes in the next few months as his legal woes progress

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones' lawyers say he's going to be deposed in CT starting on the 11th. Whether he actually shows or not is up in the air.
So they're delaying a week? That's literally throwing tens of thousands of dollars away

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Froghammer posted:

So they're delaying a week? That's literally throwing tens of thousands of dollars away

If he shows up and sits for two days of depositions, the fines are waived. The only way the fines actually stick is if he refuses to be deposed for two days by the 15th.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mr. Nice! posted:

If he shows up and sits for two days of depositions, the fines are waived. The only way the fines actually stick is if he refuses to be deposed for two days by the 15th.

It's not necessarily entirely waived - he can definitely recover some of the fines, but the amount hasn't been determined.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

gently caress me, really not liking the "If they say I killed my family and myself..." turn this is taking.

My " I'm not going to murder/suicide my family" shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Alex Jones setting up the enclosed pool area

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You guys are listening to the one podcast that is a test case that you can't take anything Alex Jones says seriously or at face value and you're doing exactly that with the implications of the "I'm not gonna kill my family" stuff.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I knew Richard Belzer was a bit out there given the characters he always play but didn't know he was on Alex's show and likes Alex.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spoeank posted:

You guys are listening to the one podcast that is a test case that you can't take anything Alex Jones says seriously or at face value and you're doing exactly that with the implications of the "I'm not gonna kill my family" stuff.

Like I said before he seems to, beyond his internet persona, seems to genuinely have the sort of personality disorder that'd make him view suicide as a way to 'control his narrative'

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Digital Jedi posted:

I knew Richard Belzer was a bit out there given the characters he always play but didn't know he was on Alex's show and likes Alex.

The level of him liking Alex is ambiguous iirc. Certainly hasn’t shown up at all on the show for many years now.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh good.

I just randomly download batches of episodes in no order and just got to one they cover the Boston Bombing and Belzer was on for it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
There’s an old one where Belzer is calling Alex from his house and Christopher Walken randomly appears because he was taking a nap in the next room. Apparently, Belzer and Walken were writing a book about cooking and Walken spends enough time at Belzer’s to have a room.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sexpig by night posted:

Like I said before he seems to, beyond his internet persona, seems to genuinely have the sort of personality disorder that'd make him view suicide as a way to 'control his narrative'

He has no interest in controlling a narrative because his narrative just changes depending on what information is placed in front of him.

If he's dead he can't get the attention that he so desperately desires. If he fights Sandy Hook victims, which he constantly reframes as a globalist attack on him, and loses, which he basically already has, guess what he can do?

Start over and build himself back up, self mythologizing all along the way, with weirdos and freaks sending him money for standing up to the globalists, who destroyed him for being a truth teller.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jones would probably go down like Bill Cooper because he's incredibly unoriginal and still ripping him off.

Alternatively, Alex flees to Chiapas to join the Zapatistas, his dependable coffee suppliers, but he's too loaded to realize he joined a Marxist rebel movement.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Maybe he will OJ it through Austin.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

There’s an old one where Belzer is calling Alex from his house and Christopher Walken randomly appears because he was taking a nap in the next room. Apparently, Belzer and Walken were writing a book about cooking and Walken spends enough time at Belzer’s to have a room.

That's a great appearance. Alex tries to get his bullshit going and Walken just bulldozes him by talking about the food they're making.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

What episode # is this?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's 119

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Listened to an old episode where they found an old musical album Sweary Kerry did and it was the chaos energy I needed today.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
All the planets are yours... Except Europa

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Cat Puke posted:

All the planets are yours... Except Europa
It's "ALL THESE WORLDS" :eng101:

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
It's ok. I remember the vibe correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Wow, I'm listening to #274 that Robert Evans co-hosts for the first time, and it's legitimately the saddest episode I have heard.

This is the one where Alex, Paul Joseph Watson, and Owen do an AMA, and Alex gets blackout, near pass-out, drunk on air. I cannot believe that at least Owen did not try to stop the show when Alex became literally incoherent.

I'm still listening, but my best guess for why they didn't stop it, is that Alex would have become belligerent at the insinuation that he was unfit to host. I wouldn't want to be the one to try and cut him off, either on-air or at the bar.

Still, I can't help feeling a little bad for him. I've struggled with drinking and it certainly doesn't help you see the world in a positive light.