Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cimber posted:

what the hell is black pudding? Do you mean chocolate? Why would you fry chocolate pudding?

I don't know why this reminded me but can someone find LC's post about finding the best carveries in the UK? thats probably one of my all time favourite posts (Excluding Tony Montana who is the GOAT poster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

beef is bad, can cast iron cook meat from an animal that won't give me a debilitating brain disease a decade from now?

Literally any meat can contain prions and can give you some form of CJD.

Even humans: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001379.htm

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Cimber posted:

what the hell is black pudding? Do you mean chocolate? Why would you fry chocolate pudding?

black pudding is a kind of blood sausage OP, but not like the one in my pants

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Literally any meat can contain prions and can give you some form of CJD.

Even humans: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001379.htm

Seems to always happen with beef though so 🤷🏼‍♂️ Its not like people are getting degenerative brain diseases en masse from eating KFC

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

being a child living in scotland eating cheap meat in the 90's i've always assumed i now have some dormant form of BSE, just waiting to strike at any moment

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

italian quid posted:

Seems to always happen with beef though so 🤷🏼‍♂️ Its not like people are getting degenerative brain diseases en masse from eating KFC

why do you think theyre eating KFC?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

why do you think theyre eating KFC?

Because its great wholesome tasty food available at an affordable price

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
So the English jelly all their meats to prevent brain worms then?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Alas, it’s not working. See: Brexit, British F1 fans, British cooking.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Rectal Placenta posted:

They dodged it by selling horse meat as beef, alas being English means they already have brain worms.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This all checks out about the Br*tish. It's worth noting that much like prion diseases, being Br*tish has a 100% mortality rate.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

italian quid posted:

Because its great wholesome tasty food available at an affordable price

I am hearing this in the voice of Mac from It's Always Sunny

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

italian quid posted:

beef is bad, can cast iron cook meat from an animal that won't give me a debilitating brain disease a decade from now?

jokes on you I already follow F1

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Full Collapse posted:

Beyond Meat patties are pretty good. I go for them whenever I need a burger fix.

Beyond meat is a very good shout but you have to make sure you've got good ventilation because it smells pretty strong when you cook it, and it can stick around for a day or two.

The beyond meat mince is also solid for making a vegi ragu.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I have a bias towards Beyond Meat because they have a distribution center where I live. And yeah, as long as I keep the fan going while grilling on my cast iron flat top, everything’s good.

Impossible Foods are good too and I love myself an Impossible Whopper with cheese.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why doesn't the Whopper come with cheese by default? It's far superior.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

your friend wicka posted:

Why doesn't the Whopper come with cheese by default? It's far superior.

ikr

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I prefer the Whopper without cheese.

In honor of the Miami GP the correct food to eat is a Whopper because Burger King was started in Miami.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Whopper > Big Mac, qtiyd

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Whopper > Big Mac, qtiyd

What are your thoughts on the Big King?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't think I ever had one. Do they still sell them? I don't recall seeing them on the menu

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I don't think I ever had one. Do they still sell them? I don't recall seeing them on the menu

They're still around in the upper Midwest. Think a Big Mac without the middle bun.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

They're still around in the upper Midwest. Think a Big Mac without the middle bun.

Oh is that like the Stacker they used to have? I loved those in college

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Oh is that like the Stacker they used to have? I loved those in college

Nah, not the stacker. This is the Big King: https://www.bk.com/menu/picker-8cf2c6d8-7df7-4f78-bb8f-c64a3f1249f2

But I feel you. I ate a fuckload of Stacker Kings in college too.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Honestly, I'm disappointed at the lack of Hardee's in Chicagoland.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

Nah, not the stacker. This is the Big King: https://www.bk.com/menu/picker-8cf2c6d8-7df7-4f78-bb8f-c64a3f1249f2

But I feel you. I ate a fuckload of Stacker Kings in college too.

Weird, I have never seen this in my life. I wonder if they'd make it with an Impossible Whopper patty? Probably not tho, they discontinued the Impossible Croissanwich even though they could easily just use the Impossible Whopper patties I KNOW they have back there, you cowards, no don't tell me to leave I am a free American and I will eat this fake meat however I god drat please

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The fact that the Impossible patty is not an option on the app for every beef patty menu item is a loving crime.

I mean, I could go inside and the nice people at the counter could do the sub, but ugh, talking to people.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

net work error posted:

In honor of the Miami GP the correct food to eat is a Whopper because Burger King was started in Miami.

If you do enough blow you don't need food. This is the Miami way

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cocaine is nothing but weak Adderall.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Taco Bell is where it's at if you're vegetarian, you can sub black beans on p much anything. Or I mean you could just not eat fast food but why live if you're not gonna live mas

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I agree, but sometimes you just gotta burg out.

If I want a proper lunch, there's a good Middle Eastern place close to my office.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh yeah there's a great Syrian place literally right behind my house, plus entire pita factory/grocery/restaurant up the street. I went on a tour there once and they let you snag a pita fresh off the line, it's amazing.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Taco Bell is where it's at if you're vegetarian, you can sub black beans on p much anything. Or I mean you could just not eat fast food but why live if you're not gonna live mas

i don't know what substituting grilled chicken out for black beans is, but it's definitely not living mas.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

acidx posted:

i don't know what substituting grilled chicken out for black beans is, but it's definitely not living mas.

Living mas is substituting whatever the gently caress you want my man

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’d like to substitute some poutine on my taco

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Love the f1 thread on no-race weekend

A potpourri of goon obsessions

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’d like to substitute some poutine on my taco
Only if its taco poutine on the taco.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rectal Placenta posted:

Not just meat....

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Custard Undies posted:

Not just meat....

Ban the English """""cuisine""""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO