Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When will Spider-Men stream on anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Calaveron posted:

When will Spider-Men stream on anything?

It will be streaming on Starz at a still unannounced date, probably in August.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It will be streaming on Starz at a still unannounced date, probably in August.

Seriously? Why such a long wait? And why on a thing I don't own?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because free streaming only comes a few months after sales.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Calaveron posted:

Seriously? Why such a long wait? And why on a thing I don't own?

Because Sony still thinks it's 2004. Hence the tone of the Venom movies.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Oh, I know what I wanted to ask people that saw Morbius. We saw scenes in the trailers of things like Spider-Man posters and Daily Bugle newspapers. Were these things in the final film?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Oh, I know what I wanted to ask people that saw Morbius. We saw scenes in the trailers of things like Spider-Man posters and Daily Bugle newspapers. Were these things in the final film?

Spider-Man posters no, Daily Bugle yes. Although since it is supposed to take place in the same universe as Venom that tracks as the Bugle is in that too.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It almost feels like Sony had no idea what the eventual plot of NWH would be, or how it intended use of Venom, so they shot a movie they assumed would ride the wake of Venom and get drafted into current MCU Spidey canon, but then found out what was actually going down after NWH came out and ultimately had to scramble for reshoots.

This is, of course, impossible, as a number of characters from legacy Sony owned films play all the most important roles, but then again, there is no floor for my justifiable expectations of a Sony producer's baffling incompetence.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Hmm, I just got done catching up and I found the solve for the whole "Mutants suddenly appearing in the MCU" and it's the same answer comic books have for everything: It's a comic book movie, don't think about it too hard.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hmm, I just got done catching up and I found the solve for the whole "Mutants suddenly appearing in the MCU" and it's the same answer comic books have for everything: It's a comic book movie, don't think about it too hard.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I never watched the Damage Control show, were the Damage Control actors in No Way Home the same?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Medullah posted:

I never watched the Damage Control show, were the Damage Control actors in No Way Home the same?

Pretty sure the show never actually got made. There was that DC one that was kind of similar

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Damage Control was never made,

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Opopanax posted:

Pretty sure the show never actually got made. There was that DC one that was kind of similar

Oooh that's right. Dumb brain.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

The one bit of executive meddling we do know about Spider-Verse (it's even on the wikipedia page for it) was positive. One exec fought to keep them from cutting down Gwen's role significantly.

Wasn't there also an exec who fought against putting Miles & Gwen together romantically, arguing that if it's going to happen it should be after they know each other for more than 1 movie. Which, honestly makes sense.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

What poor Sony employee had to trawl through the list of C-list spider-man adjacent characters they had rights to to make movies about in this desperate effort to grab a chunk of MCU cash?
The list actually exists and (an earlier version of) it is apparently out there on Wikileaks.

I'm waiting for the Spindrifter movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When Gwen as a love interest was dropped, that was going to lead to her having reduced screentime (I guess to the level of the other dimension hoppers besides Peter?) which is what the other exec fought against. So I'd imagine that was all kind of the same argument.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this! posted:

Spider-Man posters no, Daily Bugle yes. Although since it is supposed to take place in the same universe as Venom that tracks as the Bugle is in that too.

Also, on one of the newspapers is a headline "BLACK CAT: FRIEND OR FOE?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I saw some of the actors from Thor: Love and Thunder saying that their press tour is about to start, which I find odd because we have yet to see any official pictures or a trailer for the film yet

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And Taika had time to film, post and air an entire first season of Our Flag Means Death since the end of principal photography on it.

Vvvv I don't it's that too much, Dr. Strange was written to come out before No Way Home originally and they only had to do a few quick reshoots to straighten that out.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 5, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Watch the movie have something to do with the Multiverse and putting a trailer out before Dr Strange 2 comes out would be a spoiler.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thor dies like 5 seconds in and they’re still figuring out how to make a trailer that clearly has no Chris in it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thor dies like 5 seconds in and they’re still figuring out how to make a trailer that clearly has no Chris in it.
Bro Thor partied a little too hard

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man, Marvel has perfected the act of "CGI insert a character where no character was for the trailer." Or occasionally "CGI out a character which looks hilariously awkward"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The idea of Jane becoming Thor-adjacent without Thor being around to mug to the camera about it seems inherently less funny

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OnimaruXLR posted:

The idea of Jane becoming Thor-adjacent without Thor being around to mug to the camera about it seems inherently less funny

It is also too much hassle to do something like that right now what with quarantines and such.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/mikeryan/status/1510993240178188291?s=21&t=GANhGvfLJezCU45EJb9wDg

Imagine being so exhausting and pretentious as an actor that the crew starts wheeling you to the bathroom in order to save time because you keep fake-limping for 45 minute intervals

Why on earth does any director still bother with Jared Leto?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jared Leto should only be hired to play really kind characters to force him to method act his way through being very nice to everyone on set. :buddy:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JordanKai posted:

Jared Leto should only be hired to play really kind characters to force him to method act his way through being very nice to everyone on set. :buddy:

He'd never take that role.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Imagine being so exhausting and pretentious as an actor that the crew starts wheeling you to the bathroom in order to save time because you keep fake-limping for 45 minute intervals

This poo poo's not uncommon in Hollywood. Look up Daniel Day-Lewis in My Left Foot.

There was Jim Carrey acting like a dick to everyone in Man on the Moon, going as far to try to provoke fights with wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler. Which is doubly hilarious when Lawler had to patiently explain to Carrey that he and Andy Kaufman didn't really hate each other, that it was all a show for the Memphis wrestling crowds, and that in actuality Lawler and Kaufman were friends.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 5, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jim Carrey is such a method actor that in order to portray the evil Dr. Robotnik, he spent years spewing anti vaccine propaganda leading to the deaths of countless children.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Why on earth does any director still bother with Jared Leto?

At the end of the day he's still Academy Award® Winner Jared Leto so I guess people are willing to put up with his bullshit because of the prestige that brings

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Davros1 posted:

He'd never take that role.

This poo poo's not uncommon in Hollywood. Look up Daniel Day-Lewis in My Left Foot.

There was Jim Carrey acting like a dick to everyone in Man on the Moon, going as far to try to provoke fights with wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler. Which is doubly hilarious when Lawler had to patiently explain to Carrey that he and Andy Kaufman didn't really hate each other, that it was all a show for the Memphis wrestling crowds, and that in actuality Lawler and Kaufman were friends.

Sure, but with DDL you know you’re going to get a fantastic performance when he goes full method so I can understand putting up with the irritation during production.

Leto on the other hand rarely ever turns in performances that rise above average, so I don’t understand why anyone in 2022 would put up with poo poo like co-star harassment or production slowdowns caused by a refusal to use the bathroom quickly.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Well hopefully Morbius' lack of turnout will encourage producers to quit hiring him and he can quietly retire to his sex cult.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
have they released weekend bo numbers for morbius yet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

39m and 45m international.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are there any good famous Jareds? Because the first three that come to mind... yeesh

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Did Jared Harris do something bad I haven't heard about?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Did Jared Harris do something bad I haven't heard about?

Yeah, Morbius.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jared Keeso is cool, best I can tell

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jared Leto's idea of method acting is limping to the bathroom to take a piss to be a more believable vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jamesman posted:

Jared Leto's idea of method acting is limping to the bathroom to take a piss to be a more believable vampire.

I think the limping was because Morbius has a vaguely defined "blood illness" that makes it hard for him to walk which

uh

is worse