Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
thanks to 99 CENTS AMIGO i am finally whole!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

To think I've been playing this game for two years now.

I took a couple week break recently to try and unlock bedhead, but apparently it wasn't long enough or something. That sucks, but I'm not going to resort to time travel. I really want that messy hair though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Eiba posted:

To think I've been playing this game for two years now.

I took a couple week break recently to try and unlock bedhead, but apparently it wasn't long enough or something. That sucks, but I'm not going to resort to time travel. I really want that messy hair though.

Wow I didn't even know this was its own cut, I thought it was the mediumish messy cut that's always selectable, and the "bedhead" effect was just a vestigal easter egg. My partner sees it fairly often since she fell off. Just googled it and apparently you need to be logged out for a month to see that. I don't know if I can make myself pull that off, even though I'm basically just logging in to check Redd now.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I accidentally skipped back in time a year and got it that way. My villagers forgave me :smith:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If I were the kind of man who had the patience to wait a month for a video game haircut, I'd be the kind of man who wouldn't have that hairstyle in real life. But I'm not, so I do.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I have a hybrid-flower question. I've just gotten my first hybrid-red windflower (from pink + blue windflower). I need hybrid reds in order to get purple windflowers. Can I *clone* the hybrid reds for this purpose, or does every one I use for this specifically need to come directly from pink+blue hybridisation?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

You can clone them.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

TheMadMilkman posted:

You can clone them.

Thank goodness for that! It took so long just to get this first one, lol. You just made my day :dance:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Just make sure you have them separated. It’s been too long to remember how all of them work, but I know that at least some hybrid reds (roses maybe?) can produce regular reds if they breed instead of cloning.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Man, why is flower breeding the only part of the game where you're not completely forbidden from using your brain? I would've loved to make little habitats via decoration to attract specific insects or fish.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

magimix posted:

I have a hybrid-flower question. I've just gotten my first hybrid-red windflower (from pink + blue windflower). I need hybrid reds in order to get purple windflowers. Can I *clone* the hybrid reds for this purpose, or does every one I use for this specifically need to come directly from pink+blue hybridisation?

The chain for Purple Windflowers goes:

Seed White x Seed White = Blue

Blue x Seed Red = Hybrid Red*

Hybrid Red x Hybrid Red = Purple (only a 6% chance tho)

*I see from poking around a bit that Pink X Blue gets hybrid reds also.

But yes - clone them. To make sure they clone and not breed, there cannot be another Windflower in ANY of the 8 squares surrounding the flower. Or put simply: make sure there's at least one space between each. If you have another species you are trying to clone, you can stack them up to save space. Pretend you're also cloning Hyacinths, represented below by H. Just do a double row like this:

code:
W W
H H
W W
H H
W W
And you can water two pairs at a time with a regular can or three with a golden. I LOVE flower breeding in this game but there are some chains that are SO long. Only thing I am missing now is Blue Roses. Purple Pansies finally popped yesterday.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Many thanks for the additional info. I definitely could have fallen into a trap there, as my 'cloning beds' generally get filled out in a criss-cross manner, such as:

code:
X-X-X
-X-X-
X-X-X
...until they are just filled up with what I'm after (and I remove anything that appears that isn't what I want).

Edit: So far a my 'hybridation beds, I think I've also got enough black lilies at this point, so I'll replace my remaing red-red lilie pairs with some additional pink-blue windflower pairs.

magimix fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 22, 2022

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

magimix posted:

Many thanks for the additional info. I definitely could have fallen into a trap there, as my 'cloning beds' generally get filled out in a criss-cross manner, such as:

code:
X-X-X
-X-X-
X-X-X
...until they are just filled up with what I'm after (and I remove anything that appears that isn't what I want).

Edit: So far a my 'hybridation beds, I think I've also got enough black lilies at this point, so I'll replace my remaing red-red lilie pairs with some additional pink-blue windflower pairs.

Ah yeah the diamond/crisscross patterns are for breeding. I noticed you using dashes, so I should clarify. The double row should be:

code:
W-W
H-H
W-W
H-H
My bad for not making it clear the first time.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
in the last 2 days blather has received both the Mona Lisa and the Rosetta Stone. must be pretty psyched

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Whoopee Cushions on sale in the Seasonal tab of Nook Shopping from today!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Started a new island today on my second switch. I was going to set things up so I could gift things to myself from my first island, but figured that would just make me burn out faster.

My starter buddies are Cherry and Rod. Pretty solid start.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Can you ever order more than 5 things a day from the nook shopping? it's driving me mad

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
boy i wish there was a faster way to get rid of flowers

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rapacity posted:

Can you ever order more than 5 things a day from the nook shopping? it's driving me mad

I’ve found the best ways to order more than 5 things you want is to order the 5, then order 5 more of the same thing on the HHP island, or get other generous goons to gift you the items you’re looking for instantly.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
So the HHP also has a limit??? so far i've been limited by having very little poki

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Rapacity posted:

So the HHP also has a limit??? so far i've been limited by having very little poki

You can buy whatever's on display plus order up to five items from Wardell per day.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

whaley posted:

boy i wish there was a faster way to get rid of flowers

Move the campsite to get rid of a whole bundle at a time. 10000 bells is cheap for the convenience

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was finally able to get some Series 5 Amiibo cards. No Niko though, which is what I really wanted.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open tonight!

Redd is here with a real Solemn Painting and 3 fake things. He also has unlimited hanger racks and key trays.
Celeste is wandering around if you’re looking to get some star-themed DIYs.
Tank is in boxes if you’ve got a slot ready for a jock rhino in your life.
Turnip prices are 128 if you’re looking for a quick ‘nip dump.

I’ll mostly be AFK but ping me if something goes fucky.

Dodo: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=45#post522507348

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 31, 2022

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I got my first blue rose after deciding to try breeding them this January! I am quite excited

cats
May 11, 2009

effika posted:

I got my first blue rose after deciding to try breeding them this January! I am quite excited

Congrats! I was so close to making my own until someone surprise gifted me one and then I was like, eh OK gently caress it I'll just clone this one.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

effika posted:

NIIIIiiiiice!

My own hybrid flower adventure continues. I've now gone from just a single hybrid red windflower to fifteen! Another day or two, and I'll have enough to set up my beds to get purple windflowers.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Are there any new cherry blossom recipes this year? I only ask because there were two new bamboo recipes last month.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Are there any new cherry blossom recipes this year? I only ask because there were two new bamboo recipes last month.

There’s a cherry blossom rug and I think that’s it

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

E: I am possibly mistaken, removing

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I only was ever able to get one cherry blossom recipe last year, so they're all new to me. :gbsmith:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

effika posted:

I only was ever able to get one cherry blossom recipe last year, so they're all new to me. :gbsmith:

If you have time and space, there are ways to farm balloons fairly efficiently, but you still have to get lucky with them being recipes rather than clay or shirts or whatever. Cherry blossoms are definitely the worst offenders.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I found Kapp’n’s islands to alleviate the worst of those short seasonal crafting crunches.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m still missing the Sakura wood wall, cherry blossom floor, viewing lantern, pond, and lamp. I just don’t have the time to farm balloons like I used to.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fishing tournament today!

If I wanted to open up my island and give a code to the Dodo thread, what do I have to look out for? I know people can pick my flowers, shake the trees, and grab my crops. But my wife thinks that you can grab anything else, like stuff put down on tables, not just things that are dropped.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IUG posted:

Fishing tournament today!

If I wanted to open up my island and give a code to the Dodo thread, what do I have to look out for? I know people can pick my flowers, shake the trees, and grab my crops. But my wife thinks that you can grab anything else, like stuff put down on tables, not just things that are dropped.

You can only grab things that are 'dropped' but not things that are 'placed'. It's a weird grey area but if you have furniture on display as an item but not as a leaf on the ground, then it can't be removed by anyone else.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1513291688248152066

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's the specter of Bunny Day come to stuff your island full of eggs. :ohdear:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Fluffytown has turnips for 538 Bells a piece!

Feel free to buy whatever you want from the store. Label is here, if you're interested in that.

If you happen to have a real Robust statue, a Great statue, or a real Gallant statue (Thanks!), that'd be awesome! If not, no biggie, enjoy the sale.

I'll be mostly AFK but ping me if needed.

CLOSED

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I booted up AC this morning, got to the title screen, saw that it was Bunny Day and immediately closed it. gently caress that, I am not playing today.