Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Oh sure, horse shampoo for people is okay but dog shampoo is a bridge too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Thanks everyone for the horse shampoo answers. I’ve been idly wondering about it for awhile. I guess it makes sense humans and horses can use the same shampoo. Horses are expensive enough, you might as well save a bit on hair care if you can.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Google says dogs have a different skin PH, so using their shampoo on us or ours on them can cause skin irritation. Horses don't have the same problem.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

trickybiscuits posted:

Yep. I have multiple degrees that have led to my career, but classes in things like MS Word, Excel, typing, and HTML have never stopped being incredibly useful. The thing about it is that these are learned skills, and if people don't learn them, then they won't know them. Which is why, when I finally get to set up free classes and programs at a public library, I am going to do so many on useful computer programs.

Manu public libraries have those already. But I'm sure there's airways more!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

wizardofloneliness posted:

Thanks everyone for the horse shampoo answers. I’ve been idly wondering about it for awhile. I guess it makes sense humans and horses can use the same shampoo. Horses are expensive enough, you might as well save a bit on hair care if you can.

Confirmed by a dressage trainer that its for horses but she said she has used it herself in a pinch and she has known people to steal it from the barn for their own use.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's the ORIGINAL horse to human crossover shampoo! We sometimes even had it in our own shower back at home when my sister temporarily came within sight of turning into a horse girl

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I would simply not use shampoo and let my natural oils develop the luster and sheen themselves.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

I would simply not use shampoo and let my natural oils develop the luster and sheen themselves.

Gross, dude. Take better care of your horse

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

pentyne posted:

No horses allowed in this thread

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Confirmed by a dressage trainer that its for horses but she said she has used it herself in a pinch and she has known people to steal it from the barn for their own use.

My grandmother used to buy it despite not having a horse because 30 years ago it was much cheaper to buy horse-sized bottles of it than to buy human-sized bottles of human shampoo.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

AITA for not changing my cats name, And taking my deceased dogs bed back upstairs?

quote:

49 points 42 comments submitted 7 days ago by Melody_Quinnie to r/AmItheAsshole
I (20F) have a 9 year old cat Blackstar (he’s a black cat), I adopted him off the street when he was around 3 months, now recently my Grandmother (69F) has moved in, when I was little we had a black cat named magic, who passed in 2016, now recently apparently having a black cat with a name other then magic has been bugging my grandmother, today she asked me if I would change my cats name to magic because she didn’t like Blackstar after those “mean” warrior cat books. I told her absolutely not because he’s 9 and been living with this name for 9 years, so changing his name would be stupid and I find it disrespectful to change Blackstars name to Magic’s especially after she’s been gone this long, but my Grandmother threw a fit saying how disrespectful I am and when I talked to my mother about it she said she’d stay out of it, but my father says listen to your Grandmother.
Now for the second part my dog passed about a year ago, and I knew her dog bed was in my closet just in case I needed something to hug, now I should note don’t have her collar, or anything of hers other then a blanket she laid on once. Now yesterday my grandmother told me that my cat was laying on one of the dog beds in her closet and I should take a picture but when I looked it was my dead dog bed I’ve been looking for for about 6 months I thought I misplaced it, but then grandma revealed that she saw it in my room on my bed and thought my cat would like it, now I started crying because here was something I was looking for 6 months and here it is. And my grandmother told me stop being so dramatic, and I did lash out, saying “I told you I was looking for this, and you took it from me?!” And she said it was just a bed get over it, you have her collar don’t you? “No I don’t have her collar if I did you’d see it on me!” Grandma once again called me a brat And said she wouldn’t give me anything (money I’ve worked for etc.) until I give the bed back to my cat, when he has his own cat bed. My mother asked my grandmother to drop it but every time I’m down there it’s always about the bed.and at this point I just want to cope the way I cope, but am I wrong for taking it back?
I know this is really stupid but with as many problems as I’m having with my grandmother I might as well ask.

AITA for refusing to change my cats name (it’s an offensive word)

quote:

135 points 77 comments submitted 2 months ago by CandidDependent5139 to r/AmItheAsshole
I’m (19f)writhing this on behalf of my grandmother(85) because she has no clue how to work an iPhone
My grandmother has a cat called “kitty sluts” the reason behind the name?
He reminds her of my late grandfather, in her words “he's slim with shinny black hair and loves to play happy family with any bitch that gives him attention especially that harlot down the road”
Now before anyone gets concerned the cat has a better life than myself as in she gave £15 for a steak for his dinner and brings him for days out so he won’t feel down
But onto the story new neighbours moved in during December a couple in their early 30s late 20s? with a baby. they have sent my grandmother multiple anonymous letters about her “inappropriate language” even tried to get other neighbours involved to try and talk to her about it which is how she found out about the letters
It came to ahead today when the mom was feeding the baby in the back yard and my grandmother called the cat to come in so I could drive her to Asda
The mom yelled over the fence for my grandmother to stop saying the cats name because it was a misogynistic word now my grandmother is your classic African grandmother so yeah.....it ended with the neighbours telling her to claim down
About an hour ago they came to her house and asked her to change her cats name (he’s 5 years old btw) because it’s misogynistic and offensive towards women
They gave her two options to ether change his name or not call him while she was out said
My grandmother told them no and the mother tearfully told her that the only place she fells at peace while breastfeeding then told her she’s been struggling with ppd and she took her only safe space (back garden) away form her with her

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

_____________________________/

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I was ready for this post to be about a Lovecraft fan.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I actually have a cat who consistently answers to her name and comes when called and I'm still pretty sure I could change it and by the following day she'd have figured it out. Cats don't give a gently caress.

Simba:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Foo Diddley posted:

_____________________________/

I knew it was either gonna be something like OPs story or more like our friend HP there’s never an in between.

Grandma owns I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the couple tried to scold her

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My boss told me I was fired as soon as I got to work, laughed and walked off.

quote:

I spent the next 2 hours shutting down my station, and packing my stuff. Even destroyed my client list ( mine was the largest in the branch).

When I got home about 3 hours later, he called me..

Boss- " Hey Z! Where are you at? I Can't find you in the office."

Me-" you fired me. Why the hell would I be at work?"

Boss-" it's April fools! It was a joke! Get back In here."

Me-" no. You clearly said I am fired. I'll be taking unemployment for a few months, and filing a complaint with HR."

He lost his poo poo, and I just hung up on him. It's not loving funny, and I'm taking a vacation/riding the wrongful termination train. He has called me 10 times, and I think HR is calling me now.

Edit: I'm already getting DMs calling me a lazy parasite. Love it.

Edit 2: I kept my physical copy of the client list and destroyed the digital on-site copy.

Edit 3: RIP my DMs. This post exploded in the hour it has existed. I'm trying to reply to people.

Edit 4: Jeeze, thousands of replies and hundreds of DMs. I'm gonna fall asleep soon. I have a remote meeting with HR tomorrow, and I'll also be talking with a few other people in the company too. I'll post an update soon. Stay safe.

Edit 5: (12:27 central/13:27 eastern) I'll make an update in about 4 hours, apparently a chunk of my coleagues walked out after he yelled at a few of then last night. Boss has been put on leave. He also sent me no less than 72 messages via text, and 13 voice mails. All of which I'm too lazy to look at atm. HR/another department lead have been talking with me since 7:30am. Update soon.

UPDATE: My boss told me I was fired as an April fools joke.

quote:

Alright, so after cooling off, talking with HR, some other team leads and a lawyer, for several hours last night and today...

It looks like Micheal is losing his position in the company, and has been put on leave. He's being replaced by somebody from my team, the other people he ran off are coming back and getting a raise for staying.

I am being shuffled to another team, getting a 5.15 dollar raise, 4 bonus weeks of vacation (starting yesterday. I need a break, going to use them all right now, since the company is already doing some rearranging and such.).

The team I am getting I will also be secondary lead on, and is a team I've been trying to get onto for 3 years ( much better bonuses and clientel.) So I get a promotion and a raise. The new boss is far less of a hassle, and she is a lot more laid back. She went to great effort to get me to join the team she knew I wanted onto today and yesterday, and gave me a lot more than I wanted.

Michael looks like he's fired from what I can tell, he has a history of issues, but he got his severance from what I heard.

My coworkers from the previous team look to have collectively complained, and used it as leverage for raises. I think they will get em too.

Its weird how fast this all turned around, but I think I'll be in a better place for it financially. Some of the advice I got from here helped a bit, and I wanted y'all to know that. I'll drop a few updates, I'm still doing some coordinating and stuff atm. Looks like I'll be taking my old client list with me, and merging it with a starter client list they want to give me when I move into the new seat.

Edit: I also got a performance/goals bonus I was supposedly supposed to get in February, not sure what happened there.

Edit 2: to cover a couple issues in the comments. This manager has had a series of issues, and I just found out some may have been harassment claims in the past. The guy wasn't fired because of me, but because of just the damage he did to the team in 1 day, and a history of issues. Also my employer operates at near 100% capacity/functionality 7 days a week with team overlaps. We can't shut down without problems.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HopperUK posted:

I actually have a cat who consistently answers to her name and comes when called and I'm still pretty sure I could change it and by the following day she'd have figured it out. Cats don't give a gently caress.

Imagine having just one name for your cat.

quote:

Simba:

HELOOOO :swoon:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

April Fools! It's actually me who was fired!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You can’t fire me, I’m hired!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Fire me, fire you, ahhhhahhha...

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Kurieg posted:

My boss told me I was fired as soon as I got to work, laughed and walked off.

UPDATE: My boss told me I was fired as an April fools joke.

Please don't post stuff from r/antiwork, it's the most tepid "and then everyone stood up and clapped" crap ever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Serephina posted:

Please don't post stuff from r/antiwork, it's the most tepid "and then everyone stood up and clapped" crap ever.

That's ridiculous. If you stand up in a Zoom call people would see that you weren't wearing pants!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If I stood up during a zoom call the sights that would be seen would be eternal and unrelenting, like a frayed powerline baking in the Californian sun, plastic oozing as the smell of ozone becomes palpitable.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

just sending someone £1500 as a funny joke, where the punchline is that you're a piece of meat that i'm renting, i don't know why you're so upset about this

The first guy you ever sleep with owns you forever, why can't you see the humor in that?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Serephina posted:

Could you not post in general?

Would make the thread a better place

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Serephina posted:

Lol if you've ever worked a day in your life and any part of that sounds unbelievable

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
r/antiwork is praxis because the more we convince workers that they can fight back, the more likely they will do so.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Reminder that Serephina believes that, instead of AITA having an insular core of posters all imitating each other's general narrative structure, it's more reasonable to think that all posts with a certain phrase in it are written by the same single person.

I know this sounds bad but hear me out: no, actually, that's it

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Reminder that Serephina believes that, instead of AITA having an insular core of posters all imitating each other's general narrative structure, it's more reasonable to think that all posts with a certain phrase in it are written by the same single person.

well they're right, it's me I write those, I do it to gaslight Serephina.

e: I also write for MLIA, but that's just cuz I'm a huge harry potter fan.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 4, 2022

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm SpAITAcus.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

r/relationships: I'm SpAITAcus.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Definitely looking at the post that says they filed an HR complaint and the result was the bad boss getting fired and the complaintant getting a big raise and a month of paid vacation and thinking 'yes, this is true, this happened'.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Boba Pearl posted:

well they're right, it's me I write those, I do it to gaslight Serephina.

e: I also write for MLIA, but that's just cuz I'm a huge harry potter fan.

Fast forward to right now, boy is my face red! Apart from this one little thing my face is perfect though so please do not suggest we break up, it's not happening

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

DaysBefore posted:

Definitely looking at the post that says they filed an HR complaint and the result was the bad boss getting fired and the complaintant getting a big raise and a month of paid vacation and thinking 'yes, this is true, this happened'.
A month of paid vacation that they can use immediately, while also saying that they are staffed at exactly 100% capacity that they can't afford anyone to leave

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who cares, I like yelling at internet people and making dumb jokes about them

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

DaysBefore posted:

look, OP didn't actually say anyone stood up and clapped so i think the post is probably legit

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Fast forward to right now, boy is my face red! Apart from this one little thing my face is perfect though so please do not suggest we break up, it's not happening

That's ok, you'd never fall for one of my ruses, you're too smart too be gaslit.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 4, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

A month of paid vacation that they can use immediately, while also saying that they are staffed at exactly 100% capacity that they can't afford anyone to leave

You know what is cheaper then a lawsuit? Almost literally anything that can end the threat of a lawsuit.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I don't have particularly strong feelings on the realness or fakeness of that post, but I will say "everyone using this phrase is the same person" is one of the more tinfoil hat takes I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I mean, the author quite literally visited this thread, I don't know why this is up for debate. Do we need a legal witness or something?