Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I finished Apollo Justice. Really enjoyed the game but I will say it felt like the last trial ended really suddenly. Can't wait to try out the rest now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'd like to see CT in the Dragon Quest 11 engine personally. It's crazy how we Toriyama's art style translates to 3D.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Heath posted:

I'd like to see CT in the Dragon Quest 11 engine personally. It's crazy how we Toriyama's art style translates to 3D.

Just do the thing where you can push Select at any time to switch between them! I'll pay $80.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heath posted:

This would also be cool. Chrono Resurrection style.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Well, checked my physical Persona Q, wouldn’t boot. Thanks for the heads up, downloaded a digital copy.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Been playing through Kid Icarus: Uprising and having a ball. The game's control requires some getting used to, but I'm getting there. Struggling with the controls is totally worth experiencing the game, though. The music is fantastic, the character banter is so drat good, the loot system is interesting...it's such a solid game. It even has tetris style inventory management, kind of like Leon's attaché case in RE4. Every aspect is top notch...except the controls.

Also, gonna throw it out there again: looking for people interested in playing Triforce Heroes. The game's multiplayer is restricted to people in the same region (North America, Japan, or EU/Australia). Furthermore, you can only play multiplayer with 3 people (two people won't work!). At this point I wouldn't rule out any other bizarre conditions. Maybe there also needs to be an odd number of red cars in the parking lot for it to work.

Anyway, if you are interested in playing the game, pipe up and include your region (I'm in NA; we have a couple EU/Australians interested too).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m down to play it again. I completed it when it was new but would have to start a new save now. I’m in NA too.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Oh good, my ORAS has died.

... reflowing it won't be that hard but ugh.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Are Pokemon ORAS and Persona Q1 the only physical carts that have issues? Or is this something that will happen to all 3DS carts?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
It's just those cards exhibiting the specific problem.

At a guess, a bad batch of solder or a cold piece of equipment. Standard surface mount reflow will fix it, the only problem is the casing.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a particular batch number or something so you can tell if your ORAS or PQ1 is a bad card?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Were those cooking guides Nintendo made for the DS pretty good for learning how to cook stuff?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ryuga Death posted:

Is there a particular batch number or something so you can tell if your ORAS or PQ1 is a bad card?

Not really, but apparently the bad cards barely made it to the US. At least for ORAS.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also this whole thing looks like a design for leaded solder got it replaced with the bad stuff, and the design couldn't handle that in the long run. Surface mount is tricky.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 4, 2022

midnight_skies
Mar 27, 2022

"b'oh"

(_8^(|)

endlessmonotony posted:

Not really, but apparently the bad cards barely made it to the US. At least for ORAS.

What if the bad US ORAS cards end up becoming expensive because they're "rarer" :lol:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Probably a stupid question but what's the easiest way to see how many installed titles you have on the 3ds? 3DSident seems like the most obvious answer but unless I've just been wrong this entire time, it seems like having random game updates installed count towards the "Installed titles" number in 3DSident.

I stupidly downloaded game updates thinking they were going to be taken down or whatever but realized that uninstalling them also lowered the count of installed titles in 3DSident.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I usually go into the SD card management section in settings and see how many pages show up but that’s not very scientific I guess

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

I usually go into the SD card management section in settings and see how many pages show up but that’s not very scientific I guess

That's what I decided to do. 5 games a page multiplied by the amount of pages plus or minus whatever incomplete page and then whatever additional dsiware games, folders, or badges.

Do preinstalled stuff like mii plaza, nintendo zone, etc count towards the install limit? How about stuff like system settings and the health and safety stuff?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Anything that puts an icon on the home screen counts towards the 300 limit, IIRC. I think I remember hearing about people hitting the limit due to badges from that one badge arcade game or whatever.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Commander Keene posted:

Anything that puts an icon on the home screen counts towards the 300 limit, IIRC. I think I remember hearing about people hitting the limit due to badges from that one badge arcade game or whatever.

Counting just everything on the home screen gives me a vastly different number compared to what 3DSident says for installed number of titles and that's a relief.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If you go over the 300 limit, the earliest things will disappear from the home screen, but they'll still be installed. Uninstalling something will bring thr disappeared icon back.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ryuga Death posted:

Counting just everything on the home screen gives me a vastly different number compared to what 3DSident says for installed number of titles and that's a relief.
Yeah, it's an icon limit IIRC, not a title limit, so stuff like dlc and game updates don't normally count, but like I mentioned if you have that badge arcade game those badges count, and the pre-installed software does too. And even then it won't stop you from installing new stuff or delete old stuff, it just hides the icons.

I'm personally nowhere near the limit without even having to count (even with some VC injects and other stuff like that I'd be surprised if I break 100) so all this is secondhand info, though.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I want to play GBA games on the 3DS. What's the modern, best way to do that?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Det_no posted:

I want to play GBA games on the 3DS. What's the modern, best way to do that?

https://github.com/profi200/open_agb_firm

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

If your system is running CFW there's a program that will package a GBA Rom into the Virtual Console wrapper and you can install it like any other cia file

It was nice for creating an FF6 file since there's like 3 patches you want to apply to the GBA version

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Cool. Thanks.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If your system is running CFW there's a program that will package a GBA Rom into the Virtual Console wrapper and you can install it like any other cia file

It was nice for creating an FF6 file since there's like 3 patches you want to apply to the GBA version

I did see you can do that too. Any opinions on whether using cia files or agb firm is better? I guess the former lets you change games without a reset and access all your games from the normal 3DS menu (for better or worse) while agb firm is a lot less laborious to get up and running. Anything else?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I prefer using CIAs since it looks nice seeing each game in a folder.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are only thirty or so GBA games I like to revisit so it’s not too bad converting those so they look nice in a folder next to my GB and GBC games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's also super easy to find premade ones to install and easy to make your own.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Hmm I think I'd like to be a crazy person and use CIAs too. It feels less "hacky". I guess the best option is doing CIAs and using agb firm if I ever find something that doesn't work right with injection.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Inject your favorites and agp firm when you want to explore the library

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd also recommend seeing if the games you want have romhacks before installing. For instance there's a lot of hacks that tweak colors to look not as washed out on backlight screens.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Someone called Darukeru has released a translation patch for Nora to Toki no Koubou - Kiri no Mori no Majo, an Atlus RPG which looks similar to some of the Atelier games. Specifically, it's by Etrian Odyssey's Shigeo Komori and the Atelier series' Shinichi Yoshiike, so it's got the pedigree at least.

Always great to be able to play new DS games even if years later and seeing as we were just talking about playing stuff with CFW, here's something to try out.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 7, 2022

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anyone picking up the brand new New 3DS exclusive title NekoBop?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Someone called Darukeru has released a translation patch for Nora to Toki no Koubou - Kiri no Mori no Majo, an Atlus RPG which looks similar to some of the Atelier games. Specifically, it's by Etrian Odyssey's Shigeo Komori and the Atelier series' Shinichi Yoshiike, so it's got the pedigree at least.

Always great to be able to play new DS games even if years later and seeing as we were just talking about playing stuff with CFW, here's something to try out.

I’d never heard of this. I gotta check it out.

Takoluka posted:

Anyone picking up the brand new New 3DS exclusive title NekoBop?

Did it get a physical release?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nah, it's some random $3 eShop game. I didn't think people were still making games for this!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah yeah. I ordered preordered a copy of Andro Dunos 2 just over a year ago and it looks like they're finally shipping. (In Europe at least.) And I posted last page about a SRPG called Fragrant Story that's coming out next month. Both these games are getting Switch releases too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Commander Keene posted:

That big Capcom leak last year had IIRC both a second AA Trilogy and AA7 in it, so there's hope at least.
So what, AA7 is the first of the new trilogy or is it a new character/setting a la GAA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In case 9-5 phoenix wright should be the murderer just imho