Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
why the prayer room

isn't that just asking to anger your voter base?

why not do it in the labor room where it is accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I really hope he isn’t being setup.

Also that’s it’s a true document and goes on the front page of the news everywhere.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

why the prayer room

The people loving in the prayer room according to the document are godless

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

why the prayer room

I would assume the whitebread nature of our parliament makes it pretty empty most of the time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

why the prayer room

That's probably the appeal.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Imagine walking into the prayer room to conduct legitimate prayer only to find a orgy of staffers coated in sweat.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Anidav posted:

Imagine walking into the prayer room to conduct legitimate prayer only to find a orgy of staffers coated in sweat.

welp time to get in the pile

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Anidav posted:

Imagine somehow winding up in Parliament house and being a person who wants to legitimately pray

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

why the prayer room

I assume the prayer room is like the "wellness" room at WeWork buildings - it's lockable from the inside.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

in hospitality venues its usually the server room where people go to gently caress/cry pray.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
hey anidav go and see jordon steele john while he is in QLD

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-04/tasmanian-premier-peter-gutwein-quits-politics/100965020

well that's certainly unexpected

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

welp time to get in the pile

Welcome to Unnnph! The Liberal Party...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Men will literally resign from being the Premier of Tasmania Instead Of Going To Therapy

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

why the prayer room

Private

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

why the prayer room

fuckin in the prayer room makes it hotter because of how sinful it is

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sending Gordon Ramsay into the prayer room with a blue torchlight

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Laserface posted:

in hospitality venues its usually the server room where people go to gently caress/cry pray.

lmao if your venue is big enough to have a separate server room. Its the keg room usually.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/10NewsFirst/status/1510877030744838145

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scott's cooked I reckon, it's knives out and open seasons, the vultures of the press and liberal factions are ripping flesh off this dead horse government day by day. If the LNP win again after all this poo poo then Australia is just... Weird as hell actually.

But I don't think miracles happen twice and enough events have occurred and leaking has occurred and is still occuring to nail this coffin shut for good.

Goodbye the LNP federal government, we hated you and your coming election loss will be a sweet victory that will be tasted by centrist and leftists for months on end.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Towke working for Morrison trying to win over the One Nation vote?

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Anidav posted:

Goodbye the LNP federal government, we hated you and your coming election loss will be a sweet victory that will be tasted by centrist and leftists for months on end.

I.....I want to believe....

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I’m a simple man, all I want is more LNP tears than 2007.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
PVO is working overtime on some personal vendetta or business arrangement against Morrison

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Halo14 posted:

I still have fond memories of Hockey and Plibersek as the talking heads on TV that night (I think it was ABC), Plibersek had a 1000 watt smile and Hockey looked like one of those helium party balloons two days after the party, all sad and deflated.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I want one of the channels to invite Wayne Swan onto their panel and I will watch whichever channel that is. He has a smug face to match James Spader; he was incredible to watch when the Newman Government fell.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Scott Morrison has been hit with fresh claims he sought to exploit anti-Muslim sentiment, with two witnesses to a shadow cabinet meeting in 2010 insisting there was a “blow up” with Malcolm Turnbull over the issue.

The Prime Minister has previously confirmed the discussion in an interview with The Project’s Waleed Aly, but insisted he sought to cool voter concerns over Muslim migration, not exploit it.

However, two people who attended the meeting on December 1, 2010 have told news.com.au they did not believe he raised the issue purely to address voter sentiment.

“Malcolm Turnbull genuinely ripped into him. Said it was ‘beyond the pale’,” a Liberal source said.

Another Liberal shadow cabinet member at the time told news.com.au: “He absolutely did talk about the Muslim migration.”

“He flagged it and I remember Phillip Ruddock was very scathing about it,” they said.

Reports of the meeting first emerged in 2011, with claims Mr Morrison urged the shadow cabinet to capitalise on the electorate’s growing concerns about “Muslim immigration”, “Muslims in Australia” and the “inability” of Muslim migrants to integrate.

Then-opposition leader Tony Abbott was not at the meeting, but deputy leader, Julie Bishop, and the former immigration minister, Philip Ruddock, strongly disagreed with the suggestion, pointing out the Coalition had long supported a non-discriminatory immigration policy.

Liberal sources said at the time Mr Morrison told the shadow cabinet meeting on December 1 at the Ryde Civic Centre that the Coalition should ramp up its questioning of “multiculturalism” amid deep voter concerns.

Three years ago, when the claims surfaced again, Prime Minister Scott Morrison described them as “a disgusting lie”.

Mr Morrison abruptly shut down a press conference when he was asked, “Those that did attend the meeting told the Sydney Morning Herald in 2011, quote, that Scott said, ‘What are we going to do about multiculturalism?’”

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...2aed3b1933551b2

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
PVO has long hated Morrison, he was gleeful about the prospect of him losing even back in 2019. despite being generally terrible he correctly identifies Morrison as slimy & useless & there's probably a lot of lingering bitterness about Turnbull too

he's a natural moderate Liberal supporter but not to the point where he's rusted on, he's pretty much endorsed Labor for this election & is clearly enjoying in helping stick the knife in

lol at every single past internal conflict involving Morrison being dug up now though, he's being named as more racist than Ruddock!

lih fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 4, 2022

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Anidav posted:

nail this coffin shut for good.

Lol see you in 2025

Halo14 posted:

I didn't watch the coverage but it was a) the first ballot I ever cast and b) I was on a boat on Rottnest, which was a pretty sweet night

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gentlemen, you can't gently caress in here this is the prayer room.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Praying for cum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So, why is it that when someone on Facebook posts about BUT WHERE ARE THE POLICIES and you check the profile it's always a profile filled with loving cars.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

word cloud

cum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Woah oh I'm almost there
Woah oh living on a prayer

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lih posted:

lol at every single past internal conflict involving Morrison being dug up now though, he's being named as more racist than Ruddock!

This is like the Australian version of Godwin's Law

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
Imagining the poor APH cleaner, expecting an easy end to the night in the little-used prayer room, opening the door and recreating that 90s Pro Hart carpet ad.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I want the LNP to lose so badly Morrison has to retire in disgrace

The last few election nights have been extremely depressing

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
But what does this mean for Kevin Rudd's leadership ambitions?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

why the prayer room

I would assume that Parliament needs a dedicated Prayer Room, (to appease the fundies, and the religious types), but because said religious types, or at least the ones who get into Parliament, are mostly performative hypocrites who don't actually pray themselves.

So the room exists, is often empty, and when you put a "do not enter. Prayer in progress." sign on the outside of it, then all decent people will respect that sign and leave you, and whoever is sucking your dick, alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

now we know why Cory Bernardi left the LNP