Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Libertarian debate is off to a great start, they're already talking about teens.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Bomb Back Better

Ted Rall posted:

The Build Back Better policy package was supposed to be the centerpiece of the Biden administration’s infrastructure-centered agenda. But now it’s dead because conservative Democrats won’t support it. So the new White House budget doesn’t include it but it ramps up defense spending by billions of dollars.

First Dog on the Moon: We know you've never done anything for Australia Scott, but can you please just do this one thing

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pants Donkey posted:

I lost the link, but there was an good article on how the terf movement in the UK was hijacked and grown by fascists. It explained how, once you boil down “woman” to just reproduction, it’s not hard to slowly backpedal them into traditional gender roles (man as protector…from those evil trans activists, of course!).

This also illuminates how you also get them on-board with homophobia too. I see lesbian terfs who say that heterosexual parents are the “optimal” way to raise children. By emphasizing reproduction, you subtly suggest an unnatural status for other sexualities. An easy opening to chip away at their core beliefs.

Got ya covered.

https://xtramagazine.com/power/far-right-feminist-fascist-220810

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Bomb Back Better

drat bombing other countries for no good reason sure is bad isn't it ted. I bet if any country was to go around doing that you'd be straight out with the direct condemnation of that sort of practice, yes siree

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Man, I can't imagine why anyone would be stressed over what's happening to other people, like what an alien concept it is to see cities bombed into rubble and dead children in the streets while a few million people flee to neighboring countries and be upset over it, so loving weird, it seems the selfish woke millennials are at it again.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

War is going to end inflation, thereby killing America?

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Higher gas prices, higher crime, higher taxes.

Mr Gorbechv, Eendorse Gov Walz!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s fun seeing cartoonists forget that generations have shifted in age.

Boomers are no longer parents of young or largely even college-aged children these days. A millennial, those who grew up with computers, is the one with a kid aged 7-12 (or whatever interminable age Stantis has her at). So the whole joke of tech-illiterate parents is largely orphaned since this generation of parents grew up with computers and knows at the very least basic functions like logging into a website.

This gets even weirder with stuff like Dustin, which was based on the 2008 recession and how it created a boomerang millennial generation forced backed into their parents’ homes. With the passage of time and newspaper just keeping poo poo around forever, Dustin is now a Gen Z baby and his horrible father closer to Gen X.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/MENAConflicted/status/1510781281101139971

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

A millennial, those who grew up with computers, is the one with a kid aged 7-12 (or whatever interminable age Stantis has her at).

She must be at least 25 since she's running for Congress.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak being asked to do more about the cost of living crisis – Huge rises in energy bills over the next 12 months will put the poorest households in dire straits"

Telegraph:

Grant Shapps says onshore wind farms an ‘eyesore’ in Cabinet split over expansion; After Constable.

Independent:

‘A terrible war crime’: Killing of civilians in Ukraine’s Bucha sparks outrage and calls for new sanctions

Times:

Evening Standard:

‘Just be honest’: Boris Johnson warned not to cover Partygate fine recipients

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

1. Oops, they forgot the dog whistle! Gays BAD.
2. lol that the movie they used as an example of when Disney movies weren’t warping our young children is… Beauty & the Beast, a film that has been creating generations of monsterfuckers for nearly 30 years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I swear if I ever find a magic djinn my First wish is every political cartoonist has got to suck one dick.
It would be a better world.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Whose?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ah yes, Beauty and the Beast, a story about how someone’s exterior does not match their interior, definitely no possible LGBT+ subtext was already there

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't think I'll have any trouble recruiting brave selflessness men to be sucked off by noticeably disgusted old white men, the internet showed me there's a crowd for anything.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

Libertarians aren’t particularly concerned with that sort of thing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Thaddius the Large posted:

Ah yes, Beauty and the Beast, a story about how someone’s exterior does not match their interior, definitely no possible LGBT+ subtext was already there

Famously a story where the male lead remained exactly the same the whole time and was actually very happy with their body

Actually I don't wanna go too far down this road because incorporating the crone is gonna be tricky

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"I AM CONSIDERED A BEAST, AND WILL ACT LIKE A BEAST"

"You are a man, and loving you as one will allow you to live freely as one."

What's this WOKE poo poo, dude's clearly a beast, look at him

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

1. Oops, they forgot the dog whistle! Gays BAD.
2. lol that the movie they used as an example of when Disney movies weren’t warping our young children is… Beauty & the Beast, a film that has been creating generations of monsterfuckers for nearly 30 years.

The movie literally have a song where the villain whips up a mob by saying that the Beast is dangerous to children.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

A lady banging some kind of bull monster animal hybrid thing: wholesome childhood entertainment

A dude banging some kind of bull monster animal hybrid thing: disgusting perversion corrupting our innocent children!!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Alhazred posted:

The movie literally have a song where the villain whips up a mob by saying that the Beast is dangerous to children.

The lyrics also have the towns folk saying they don’t like the beast because they don’t understand it so it scares them :laffo:

But again I’m not sure why we’re shocked. These are the same people who put out “Actually the Empire was good in Star Wars” smooth brain articles and the yearly “Scrooge is treated unfairly” articles around then holidays

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The curse of the beast is nobliss oblige and the villagers are correct to want to kill him.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Jurgan posted:

She ran for Vice President in 2008 so she has to be at least 48 now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Somfin posted:

Famously a story where the male lead remained exactly the same the whole time and was actually very happy with their body

Actually I don't wanna go too far down this road because incorporating the crone is gonna be tricky

This version specifically made by a gay man dying of AIDS.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Scott Morrison denies falsely claiming 2007 preselection rival Michael Towke was a Muslim (Guardian). "Prime minister says he did not say Towke was a Muslim or suggest he couldn’t be trusted because he was Lebanese".

Shakespeare:

Morrison prepared to sign statutory declaration denying he used race in bid for seat (SMH).

Wilcox:

Warren Brown:

GG is the Governor-General, the PM calls the election by going to the Queen's representative and asking them to dissolve parliament.

Lethbridge:

On Labor's pledge for $2.5b for improving conditions for aged care residents and workers.

Rowe:

Dyson:

Spooner:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 4, 2022

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The lyrics also have the towns folk saying they don’t like the beast because they don’t understand it so it scares them :laffo:

But again I’m not sure why we’re shocked. These are the same people who put out “Actually the Empire was good in Star Wars” smooth brain articles and the yearly “Scrooge is treated unfairly” articles around then holidays

The "actually the Empire was good" people are the smarter conservatives because they actually understand their own ideology. Those are the ones who would side with Gaston and the villagers in the first place: yes you should hate and fear anything you don't understand!

The dumb ones don't understand what the stories are about at all and side with the protagonists because they're the viewpoint characters, and then get mad when they find out the writers don't agree with their politics. I know a guy from high school who loves Babylon 5, and he thinks President Clark represents liberals.

President Clark.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 4, 2022

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Charlie Hebdo

Juin's Week

Covid Positive: Pécresse campaigns virtually (she's not polling well, it would seem)

Parcoursup: End of Choice Phase
On the screen with a caricature of Macron:"Choose a real job, choose the army"
Parcoursup, is the national system that high school seniors use to find a university program that suits/accepts them. It's a stressful schedule on the kids since they feel they need to decide their future right then and now.

Online wine bidding profits to be donated to the victims of the war in Ukraine

Winter truce: The rent amnesty, protecting renters from being evicted by their landlords, to end

Gas: Prices at the pump to go up by 15 cents

First meeting of Candidate Macron

Depardieu sings Barbara at the Champs-Elysée Theater in Paris

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Raised By Birds posted:

The All-Powerful Trump, seen here pouting with his hands on his hips.

There is a lot to like about that cartoon, for sure. I think my favourite has to be the NWO man who literally has a triangle for a head. He also looks really fed up.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

There is a lot to like about that cartoon, for sure. I think my favourite has to be the NWO man who literally has a triangle for a head. He also looks really fed up.
"Oh God, it's Garrison's Trump again. Just keep walking. Don't make eye contact."

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Scott Stantis

Tony Branco

quote:

Running on Empty: The Strategic oil reserves are for national emergencies only, Biden and the Dems must be looking at a 2022 Election as a national emergency.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

A Good Cartoon

Branco yesterday: These gas prices are insane, why isn't Biden doing anything about this emergency?!

Branco today: Why is Biden using this thing meant for emergencies only when there isn't an actual emergency?

e: poo poo, the last Branco was just about inflation/food, not gas prices. Now I look like an idiot! But wait, there's no way Branco hasn't made a cartoon about high gas prices and Biden doing nothing about it, right? There's gotta be one!

Aha! I knew it! That was a close one.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 5, 2022

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Does this rear end make my bumper sticker look big?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is like looking at the one of the middle portraits in that series of painting the guy did of his cat while succumbing to schizophrenia. The tentacle in the background is really getting to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Warren Brown:

GG is the Governor-General, the PM calls the election by going to the Queen's representative and asking them to dissolve parliament.

Or is it a GamerGate bicorne? We may never know.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Patroleum reserve?

Good on Stantis for knowing it's not called the Strategic Oil Reserve, but whoopsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I find those mouths physically sickening.

Especially on the second kid. Their nose and ear look almost identical so it's just a nebulous shifting landscape of features with a gaping abscess in it.