Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Dang I thought it was a mount! Oh well, still going to log in and buy it. And the new cat mounts.

I think there IS a mount this time in the daily rewards. I haven't logged in yet to look though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Trastion posted:

I think there IS a mount this time in the daily rewards. I haven't logged in yet to look though.
Yeah, day 10, it's a lion.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Dang I thought it was a mount! Oh well, still going to log in and buy it. And the new cat mounts.

I would pay five thouSAND MILLION CROWNS for that cat as a mount

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I mean, look at this glorious beast

(so close to skipping the timg)

e: VVV Love makes you do craazy things

valuum fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Apr 2, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

valuum posted:

I swear you posted this already today, am I crazy

E: oh geez like 5 posts ago ok

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

valuum posted:

e: VVV Love makes you do craazy things

Needs to be posted again.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hey has anyone seen the Cadwell cat? What’s it look like?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I hear it's a mount that you can dual wield, cant wait

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Catwell can now be yours for 1000 crowns.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So I take it the account-wide achievements didn't totally destroy the game? I have to admit I didn't like the sound of it, but it doesn't appear to have halted the game's momentum.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

100 degrees Calcium posted:

So I take it the account-wide achievements didn't totally destroy the game? I have to admit I didn't like the sound of it, but it doesn't appear to have halted the game's momentum.

It's good, actually.

Although I did see some complaints it hosed with alternative dialogue in Blackwood, but I haven't completed that yet so I can't verify.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Serious business MMO players hate every change, say it’s a SLAP IN THE FACE and swear the game is RUINED and they will QUIT and yet here they still are playing dress up and poopsocking for lewt.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Accountwide achievements are good. Their specific choice of implementation is kind of a poke in the eye for some people. The bugginess of it and the lovely communication doesn't help.

Most people aren't that achievement driven though, so for a lot of people the whole thing was more of a proxy for general discontent with how ZOS gives with one hand and takes with the other. They can't do something nice without pissing someone off in the process.

Also, at least on PC, performance was a trashfire for the three weeks after that update launched, so performance complaints have taken precedence. It seems like maybe things are finally stable? Maybe?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
My lvl 20 has a bunch of titles to pick from now so I like the change.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Did the hybrid skill changes make it in? How is that going over?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I only ever play 1 character in MMOs, so all achievements are always account wide :V

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Ort posted:

Did the hybrid skill changes make it in? How is that going over?
Yes. Some people are complaining about "now there's only one meta" or whatever, but for everyone outside that narrow range of score pushers this opens a wider variety of builds and makes more creative character concepts viable. Have not heard any complaints in guilds or chat.

The current implementation still encourages stacking one stat, but your off stat at least is pretty close in power now, and there's value in juggling resources.

I'm using a mag build with vigor as my self heal and it generally works well. I can use my main resource for damage without worrying about depleting my stam when I need an emergency heal. Sometimes I screw up if I roll dodge too much, but it's a simple example of how you can use the new system.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think I'm going to finally start playing this game for real and do all the solo content I can

What's the best class, stat and race combination for someone who's new (well effectively new I don't think I ever got a character past level 10 last time I played years ago) and wants to see everything?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Blockhouse posted:

I think I'm going to finally start playing this game for real and do all the solo content I can

What's the best class, stat and race combination for someone who's new (well effectively new I don't think I ever got a character past level 10 last time I played years ago) and wants to see everything?

Whatever you want to play. Seriously.

Caveat: tanks take longer than DPS to kill things, but they survive longer. Everything is viable.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

really liking Stabplar life right now

It's real easy: you slot items and abilities that make you stab things gooder harder or survive better longer

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it's maybe a bit too simple for actual learning and thus "seeing everything" though

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I've played through all the classes and there's a variety. Each class has a stamina or magic build, altho some classes have better sets than others. decide if you want to knife stab or magic stab first. Also two classes have ai buddies, sorcerer and warden. Most have a healing branch but not all. You can do whatever for solo irt difficulty

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Here's another question: how viable have the recent changes made using, say, dual wield or two handers on magicka classes? Because I really want to play magicka templar but I really don't want to use staves. Ditto for Nightblade. Searching some reddit posts people are talking about it actually working out, but that's, y'know, Reddit.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it works

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

poo poo, you can use a twohander / dualwield Magicka

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Blockhouse posted:

Here's another question: how viable have the recent changes made using, say, dual wield or two handers on magicka classes? Because I really want to play magicka templar but I really don't want to use staves. Ditto for Nightblade. Searching some reddit posts people are talking about it actually working out, but that's, y'know, Reddit.
The only real issue is that you can't use your heavy attacks to restore magicka, so it's perfectly viable if you plan around sustain, either by having your other weapon be a staff or by changing traits or choosing the right sets etc. Templars are a good choice for it otherwise, since the main drawback of melee weapons is being forced to be at close range, but you're already in that bucket when you're jabbing anyway.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

xZAOx posted:

I only ever play 1 character in MMOs, so all achievements are always account wide :V

Imagine grinding for hundreds of hours, multiple times. Pure euphoria.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

Caveat: tanks take longer than DPS to kill things, but they survive longer. Everything is viable.

I haven't had time to mess with this game much recently, and I've been curious if DPS abilities now scale off health if you go all health for a tank, which would let them hit a lot harder, or if it's just stam/mag abilities that trade off now?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Very few abilities have damage that scales with health. They're generally shields or drains.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Thanks for the tip guys

Since I'm starting with Blackwood I decided to go with an Argonian magtemplar who I like to imagine hates daedra so loving much the Doom 2016 soundtrack just starts playing in his head whenever he sees one

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
So would two human players (me and a/ friend) be able to do normal dungeon content with our two companions? Even if we took the Tank/Heal roles?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Givin posted:

So would two human players (me and a/ friend) be able to do normal dungeon content with our two companions? Even if we took the Tank/Heal roles?
Yes. It just might take longer, but many DPS players do less damage than top end healers or Tanks. So the limitation will be your own skill or endurance. The only thing keeping most normal dungeons from being soloable is mechanics. And for base game dungeons I don't even mean by top end players, just normal players who are competently equipped and have some kind of skill setup that makes sense.

That said if you're playing duo, there's no reason to be a full on tank. You can spec as a tanky/solo dps, slot a taunt to help keep bosses away from the healer/companions and still do decent dps. Roles in the game are very flexible unless you're doing top end content, especially if you're playing with a friend. Your role is defined by what you slot as skills and somewhat by what armor you wear.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Givin posted:

easy, kill em and have fun

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Blockhouse posted:

Thanks for the tip guys

Since I'm starting with Blackwood I decided to go with an Argonian magtemplar who I like to imagine hates daedra so loving much the Doom 2016 soundtrack just starts playing in his head whenever he sees one

What’s his name? This is very important.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

What’s his name? This is very important.

Going to cut to the chase here and say if it's not Rips-and-Tears you need to fix that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well okay it's a good thing I have a name change token already then

I went through like five light-themed names before finally finding one that wasn't taken (Races-the-Sun)

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Something that may be obvious to some people but wasn't to me:

a guild buddy clued me in that dungeon drops are bound to account and not to character.

Now I started grinding sets for my baby dps character on my healer, and it's way easier / faster.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mormon Star Wars posted:

a guild buddy clued me in that dungeon drops are bound to account and not to character.

Now I started grinding sets for my baby dps character on my healer, and it's way easier / faster.

As long as your baby dps character is at least CP160!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

1glitch0 posted:

As long as your baby dps character is at least CP160!

CP is shared across characters too though :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

The only things that are character bound are level up rewards and quest items. And a couple of random things just for funsies (like Sigils of Imperial Retreat, why are these char bound?). But in general things aren't character bound in the game.

Private Speech posted:

CP is shared across characters too though :confused:
I think the issue is if your baby dps character is level 20, they may have CP, but they need level 20 gear.