Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe they can get a Wendy’s gift card at a gun turn in. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Gift card only good at Uncle Vanya's hamburger restaurant in Moscow.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/PeterNordberg11/status/1510928862552727559

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
How long before the surplus of ORIGINAL UKRAINE BATTLEFIELD souvenirs hit the army/navy stores over here

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

In California they can get you up to 3 years and a $10k fine: https://www.npr.org/2022/04/01/1090178116/rocket-launchers-bazooka-grenade-california-middle-school

Pretty sure that there were a bunch being sold in military surplus stores elsewhere 10 years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's federally legal to own demilled rocket launchers and grenades. No background check required, it just has to be rendered inoperable and unrepairable. State and local govs can ban them, but in most of the country, no one gives a gently caress.

My LAW has holes drilled in the tube, and I gutted the copper inside when I turned it into a bong (that I still haven't fixed properly).

You can still find tubes of a handful of varieties at surplus stores, just make sure any you might buy is properly demilled and your state/county don't have additional laws against them. LAWs and AT4s can be found for $300-1000 depending on condition. Mine was free, it was a familiarization training aid my unit was dumpstering, now it has a Bob Ross outline spraypainted on it.

I remember buying a dummy grenade at a gun show for $10 when I was like, 13. 'Merica.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 4, 2022

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Quackles posted:

Like this?

HEB is connected to Piggly Wiggly?

*Does some googlin'*

Ah ok, so HEB started out as an early Piggly Wiggly Franchise until around WW2 and during the end of the war decided they didn't need the name and just went with the family name, H.E.B.

I always wondered after moving to Texas why HEB was so dominant in most places in Texas.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Im sure some other Russian captured the rest of them, too. And that is propably in video too.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm so tired of this timeline where Paulie Walnuts has SSBNs, can we reboot the server

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1510094022970417160

This is from a couple days ago, but I haven't seen it posted yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, is this not the first time a Starstreak has been fired in anger?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bored As gently caress posted:

Fox talking about HUNTER BIDEN SCANDAL HEATS UP, UP NEXT BIDEN ABANDONS THE BORDER, UP AFTER THAT BRRAAAAAAAAGHFLFLDLLL

CNN talking about Bucha

gently caress Fox holy loving poo poo those people deserve to go to hell

Fox is the person at the bar crying into their beer because their significant other (Trump) isn't who they thought they were, is occasionally abused by them, and also desperately tries to impress them with outlandish stories they and their friends want to hear because the truth is inconvenient and painful.

And, also, likely owned by Russia.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm so tired of this timeline where Paulie Walnuts has SSBNs, can we reboot the server

You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Big K of Justice posted:

HEB is connected to Piggly Wiggly?

*Does some googlin'*

Ah ok, so HEB started out as an early Piggly Wiggly Franchise until around WW2 and during the end of the war decided they didn't need the name and just went with the family name, H.E.B.

I always wondered after moving to Texas why HEB was so dominant in most places in Texas.

HEB was the highlight of my trip to San Antonio. Real low bar for Texas.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

I thought his place looked like poo poo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nms:
Evidence of the rape and murder of a 3 year old dumped naked (blurred) on top of her also dead and raped 17 year old sister and others. This is some of the most heinous poo poo I’ve ever seen. No one should be allowed to whatabout or deny this. I don’t care how much money they give Jeffery via avatars purchases.
code:
https://twitter.com/mariana_betsa/status/1510966912724963328
:nms:

I am going to say again this is horrific imagery and is the type that never leaves you. I won’t blame anyone who doesn’t want to see it, but it is important and newsworthy, if only to help push more towards the economic crippling of Russia and it’s military. No more excuses fro, Germany. It’s over. Total trade ban.

I’m sorry I’m just so angry and depressed about this, I mean a loving three year old. loving Beria didn’t even do that!

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Pretty sure within the last two pages we were discussing whether or not Ukraine was at all out war against Russia. If it was in doubt then, I think this settles that debate with just two pictures.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Boy I sure wish I hadn’t seen that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

Same.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Words fail.
What a day.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrozenVent posted:

You and me both. :smith:

I’m sorry, but I felt it had to get out there, the Russians are actually trying to actively claim this was Ukraine. I’m just so mad.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Have some lighter news.

https://twitter.com/lapatina_/status/1510991411713347584?s=21

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It just works!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

And here I thought the Taliban & ISIS were the worst humans in the world, but I guess the Russian conscripts are cut from the same cloth.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Saukkis posted:

The latest report from ISW claims north-west of Kyiv has been cleared of Russians and all have returned to Belarus. Frankly I find it hard to believe that simply because of logistical ineptitude, it doesn't feel possible for Russians to have withdrawn this quickly and I haven't seen reports of mass surrenders either.

It was not what they call an "orderly retreat". They left equipment in working order, they left arms and ammunition, they left people. Several dozen Russians only escaped by dropping their gear and swimming across the Irpin river. Also a lot of them were killed on the way out.

Ie it was a total and absolute clusterfuck. The units that withdrew are unlikely to be in any shape to fight, if the units even maintained cohesion to begin with. There's tons of Russians wandering around in Belarus right now trying to find their unit, if it even still exists.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

P-P-P-Powerarmor!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Have an on-topic hero dog
https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova/status/1511044226292895751?t=ql6wG_vr5QId6lh6AIDi0w&s=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

P-P-P-Powerarmor!

It’s ERA, but for infantry :haw:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

mlmp08 posted:

P-P-P-Powerarmor!

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
There's unsurprisingly rumours that there's going to be a big push on the LNR/DNR fronts in the next couple of days. Seeing as the Russian forces have already lost nearly a third of their entire tank force arranged pre invasion just from visually confirmed losses, is there any good way to estimate how many more they would have to lose before they can't push anymore? Similarly, can we guess how many men would they need to lose before a front of this size becomes totally unsustainable?

I'm not military so I've no idea if it's even possible to estimate the numbers of men or equipment needed to sustain a front/momentum. I can understand if the answer is just "it depends".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tiny Timbs posted:

This post preceded some really bad poo poo that I'm thankful I didn't see. This post made me laugh out loud, though, and deserved to be quoted again.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

DJ Burette posted:

There's unsurprisingly rumours that there's going to be a big push on the LNR/DNR fronts in the next couple of days. Seeing as the Russian forces have already lost nearly a third of their entire tank force arranged pre invasion just from visually confirmed losses, is there any good way to estimate how many more they would have to lose before they can't push anymore? Similarly, can we guess how many men would they need to lose before a front of this size becomes totally unsustainable?

I'm not military so I've no idea if it's even possible to estimate the numbers of men or equipment needed to sustain a front/momentum. I can understand if the answer is just "it depends".

It depends on the the defenses. Ukraine, for good reason, hasn't been publishing their defensive situation or the state of their forces. So, really hard to tell.

Maybe the defenders are all tapped out with all their tanks dead and out of fuel and they are down to their last magazine of ammo and have been eating rats for two weeks? Or, maybe they just go reinforced by a newly constituted brigade of reservists who have been training and kitting out on the border with Poland and all their supply lines are just buzzing with fresh dumps of ammo and food in nice NATO standard packages.

At some point though you can kind of look at the size of the front and the number of soldiers trying to take it/defend it and go, uh, that's pretty sparse.

Edit: FWIW there have been some reports of units moved to the LNR/DNR front who have refused to move into the line. So it could get exciting if Russia decides for a MAX EFFORT push and there are big gaping holes where some BTGs decided to gently caress off.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

PPPPPowerarmor

e: gently caress beaten so bigley.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There were some reports over just the last couple of days that Russia was already renewing their push along that eastern front but that quite a few attacks had been stopped cold.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Sentinel posted:

Words fail.
What a day.
:same:

https://twitter.com/kgorchinskaya/status/1511008603964071937

mlmp08 posted:

P-P-P-Powerarmor!

:unsmith:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Zelenskyy looking like he's doing a Russell Crowe speedrun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Can someone explain to me how NATO expansion necessitates raping 3 year olds, gently caress everything and everyone I'm going to hug my dog

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah I'm not clicking that one. Thanks for the warning.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Had one of those “farted in church” laughs (you know, not supposed to laugh, harder you try worse it gets) picturing him cutely bouncing thru the field, an explosion, then a single frame later an obvious stuffed animal replacement flying off in the air going ARF ARF ARF like it’s a Zucker Abrams Zucker movie.

Maybe it’s an irrational reaction to having viewed that other tweet, knowing I shouldn’t have looked.

Good dog tho. Go save those lives

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I used to think there wouldn't be a Western military intervention in Ukraine, and that it wouldn't be wise. I'm not sure now, nuclear Armageddon be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

I used to think there wouldn't be a Western military intervention in Ukraine, and that it wouldn't be wise. I'm not sure now, nuclear Armageddon be damned.

I still think it's highly unlikely, but now it should be much easier for people to understand why the people of Ukraine might not care about hypothetical nuclear war. When the worst imaginable has already happened to either family or friends, there's not much reason to care about potential escalations.

Russia just created generations of people who will be willing to do anything to hurt them back in a nation sharing an enormous land border with them. Real smart of them to do that.