Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

see goddammit. who the gently caress was he in fight club

He's the guy whose face Edward Norton destroys at some point because he wanted to "destroy something beautiful".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i really wish that prick wasn't in br2049

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DaysBefore posted:

I love that Leto does all this stupid method acting stuff for a bunch of terrible movies. Day-Lewis can get away with it because his movies rule and he's great, even Mortenson gets a break when it comes to Lord of the Rings.

But imagine doing all this to play the worst version of the Joker or a vampire in movies that people will only remember for being terrible.

He gained a bunch of weight to play Mark David Chapman and no one watched it. Spent all that time getting fat as poo poo, just to look like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys in a movie with Lindsay Lohan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktOCF-iBTQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

whoops

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He was the beautiful chaos project guy

Dr. Luther?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't wait to watch Conquer Your Fate.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DaysBefore posted:

I love that Leto does all this stupid method acting stuff for a bunch of terrible movies. Day-Lewis can get away with it because his movies rule and he's great, even Mortenson gets a break when it comes to Lord of the Rings.

But imagine doing all this to play the worst version of the Joker or a vampire in movies that people will only remember for being terrible.
the thing to me is it's so obviously insincere

if you actually got so lost in playing the character of the joker that it started affecting your real life behavior, why would you be mailing people anal beads?
the joker doesn't mail people anal beads

it's so dumb

it's clearly the performance of immersing yourself in a role more than it is actually immersing yourself in it (and like most of jared leto performances it's not very compelling)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

that new vikings rip-off 'conquer your fate' sure is looking good!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha whoops

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
every story about meryl streep being method is like "to play the role of victor frankenstein, she actually learned italian and german and to speak german with an italian accent and lived with genevan aristocrats while studying actual early 17th century chemistry and biology"

and every story about jared leto being method is like "to play the role of victor frankenstein, he actually exclusively drank cups of his own piss for 7 months and died"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jared Leto is one of those guys famous for being famous. he had a band you don't remember. he had movie roles you don't remember, in movies you don't remember. but boy howdy is he good at getting headlines.

and he's loving 50. put over some new stars already

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Even in movies you do remember, you don't realise he's there. Fight club already got mentioned, but he was in American psycho too, and not in a bit role, he was Paul Allen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah he was good in that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve watched Fight Club like 500 times and I never think of him as being in it (because it’s so good)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve watched Fight Club like 500 times and I never think of him as being in it (because it’s so good)

lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Nobody else has mentioned it so I just want to say, I noticed that joke, and I appreciated it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1511072548875812868?s=21&t=d7aKJnIpA54_fxvnuydVJw

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Hollywood: I do not care for hunky boys!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

Hollywood: I do not care for hunky boys!

/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/whatatimepod/status/1510666263290335239?t=Fg4SGXjYrcxaCOUEefHSJg&s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lol deep cut

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bust Rodd posted:

He also just has a creepy cult island where his fans pay to dress up like Midsommar and worship him

Plus he was a famous touring rock musician. Combined with his love of acting he’s probably got a totally normal brain and really down to earth, grounded personality

Thank god he never slapped anybody

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Dabir posted:

Nobody else has mentioned it so I just want to say, I noticed that joke, and I appreciated it
completely went over my head until you pointed it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCnD_MvM9I

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The only Johnny G. I care about was played by Joey Pants.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

He also just has a creepy cult island where his fans pay to dress up like Midsommar and worship him

Plus he was a famous touring rock musician. Combined with his love of acting he’s probably got a totally normal brain and really down to earth, grounded personality

what is the actual story here?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

he has a creepy cult island

anyway,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJBP1X1mLE

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

roomtone posted:

what is the actual story here. looking at the crowd picture, it's 90% women.

what the gently caress is this nutcase doing.

The actual story is that he and his brother and the other members of 30 Seconds to Mars rent an island in Croatia and their fans fly there and worship them for a few days. They did it right before COVID and they’re doing it again this year.

There was a rumor that they would even move it to Little St. James, which Leto discussed buying.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jared leto isnt actually a pedophile, but he is preparing for the role as one

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Jared Leto is one of those guys famous for being famous. he had a band you don't remember. he had movie roles you don't remember, in movies you don't remember. but boy howdy is he good at getting headlines.

and he's loving 50. put over some new stars already

I remember him being a big deal all the way back when he was on My So-Called Life. Then Requiem For A Dream. Then winning an Oscar.

Oh, and he definitely drank blood from one of his cult women for Morbius at least once, I’m sure.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

NOOOOOOOooooooooooo…

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cubone posted:

completely went over my head until you pointed it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCnD_MvM9I

Oh dang forgot about this, I didn't mean it as a reference at all lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol trying to figure out what Picard Season 2 is attempting to say

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

QQ

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For good or for ill, lotta rich evans content lately. Feels like a test run for a fully joshless jackless future

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No Mods No Masters posted:

For good or for ill, lotta rich evans content lately. Feels like a test run for a fully joshless jackless future

RLM focus grouping with Mike in Scientist Man lab coat “now tell me why the bearded guy makes you uncomfortable”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Origami Dali posted:

i really wish that prick wasn't in br2049

It's the only part of the movie I don't like. Woulda been perfect with Bowie in the role.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Thank you Mike for the gift of the chromakey green jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

God this just kills me every time lmao