Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Not wiping one's rear end is actually a pheremone. little known fact, you heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

[40 F] with her husband [43 M] 15 year marriage, what might lead to her personality changing and her throwing her life away?

While it sounds like SIL is possibly making some bad decisions I don't think it's any of OP's loving business. If her actual family can't help her what the gently caress are you gonna do?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The whole Oldest Daughter's Oldest Daughter thing makes it feel like you're reading mythology.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DemoneeHo posted:

lol, what did she spend the money on, 1000 pairs of limited edition Air Jordans?

AITA for not telling my friend she "didn't do anything wrong" after she destroyed someone's belongings?

Not only did she not do anything wrong, she literally did everything wrong

This one has got to be ripped from a family sitcom.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not telling my friend she "didn't do anything wrong" after she destroyed someone's belongings?

quote:

They told her that she doesn't have to apologize because she didn't do it on purpose.
Oh man, leaving aside the fact that she did steal her housemate's lunch box (and lie about it) "on purpose," what a trip it would be to have this principle widely applied.

"Listen I had 10 beers and crashed my SUV into your family's car killing them all but I didn't do it on purpose. You want an apology for that?? Sounds like you have some growing up to do."

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

You can't set up an income stream with 300K even with conventional investments that would fund her lifestyle. I'm not even
sure how a business valued at $600K would fund her lifestyle.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Mellow Seas posted:

While it sounds like SIL is possibly making some bad decisions I don't think it's any of OP's loving business. If her actual family can't help her what the gently caress are you gonna do?

yeah I was thinking the same thing - that's some way-too-enmeshed family poo poo. and anyway, wtf could OP even do at this point with how thoroughly this lady is torpedoing her marriage? even if she had a sudden change of heart, that's a ton of damage to a relationship. just let it go, OP. You can't stop every candle from burning out.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
Yeah if the SIL is doing it because she has no experience with hardship or things not going her way, I don't see how preventing this disaster is going to teach her anything. She'll just try to torpedo her life for the next charismatic do-nothing that comes along.

Also, trying to torpedo her life, no matter how privileged she is, is probably a sign that SIL isn't super happy with the status quo. It might not be likely that this new situation will work out, but maybe she is willing to take that chance rather than stagnate in the current situation.

vonnegutt fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 4, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for "snooping" on people talking outside my door

quote:

I (25M) live in a relatively nice apartment complex on the third floor. I am the apartment across from the washer-dryer and next to the elevator. Unfortunately, because of this people tend to congregate and have conversations RIGHT OUTSIDE my door. They could move into the laundry area or down the hall, but they seem to do it right there for some reason.

I can't really ask them to stop because it's different people every time. But I've found what makes them move the quickest is simply joining in the conversation from the other side of my door as if I'm participating. This makes them move IMMEDIATELY, as I usually interject some random frog stuff into the convo.

For example, theyre talking about weather and jobs and poo poo and I'll just wait for a break in the convo, then from the other side of my door (still closed) say something like "yeah wish my frog had a job" or "my frogs hero is Kermit or Slippi" or "frogs survive well in wet, temperate climates" -- this usually makes them move right away since they realize someone is not only listening, but right there. They'll at least roll back down the hallway.

I got an email from my apt manager/landlord saying I was "snooping" and not to be inappropriate but I can hear them from my bedroom, I don't even need to be near the door.

So AITA for doing this to get some peace and quiet?

Edit: i forgot to add why this is a problem, it is really loud and difficult to concentrate even with headphones on when theyre having a conversation right there, i can hear exactly what theyre saying and they talk LOUD

Edit2: i have a pet frog jic anyones wondering

Well that's definitely one way to handle it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Absurd Alhazred posted:

[40 F] with her husband [43 M] 15 year marriage, what might lead to her personality changing and her throwing her life away?

tried to read it and using "oldest daughter" instead of a fake name made my eyes glaze over and i stopped

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

If you’re using OneDrive then your file is on the cloud, but hitting “delete” in one place will delete your cloud copy and the copy that’s on your hard drive, since the reality is that the copy on your hard drive is only there to reduce how much you have to download. People think it’s backed up on OneDrive but you really need to do more.

ask me about how a onedrive error deleted every file on my computer with no way to restore them :shepicide:

my dissertation was safe, miraculously, because I'd made a typo manually backing up the directory the night before

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'll allow it. The world would be a better place if more problems were solved with frog-based or frog-inspired solutions.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kurieg posted:

AITA for asking my sister to be a groomswoman?

Per comments, he's calling off the engagement.

quote:

3rd edit: i am planning on calling off the engagement with sarah when i get home from work! my sister is more important to me than any miserable marriage. i will be home around 8 est, so lookout for an update around then

in case anyone wants to check back then

glad the guy is doing it, he seems awesome. of course there’s a couple esh with one commenter saying it’s obvious op isn’t ready to be in a committed relationship since he’s unable to compromise

lol just lol

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

artsy fartsy posted:

In the winter I don't see them much, but they get more active near the surface as the temperature rises. There's like 40-something goldfish in there that all started out as those tiny, inexpensive feeder fish.

Sometimes they get stuck in that narrow scum trough you can see in the photo and I have to fish them out with a net (still not 100% sure how it happens, they're either jumping in or letting the skimmer gently push them into it.)

these fish are great post more pictures

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I get it.

It’s probably extra loud because the hallway is echoing it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA For telling my brother and SIL that I will not cater to their beliefs regarding their kids

quote:

My brother (32M) and SIL (30F) have 3 kids (6, 4, & 2). My husband and I have 2 kids of our own (7 & 5.) My SIL comes from a very religious background and is raising her kids the same way. My brother and I weren't brought up with religion and I guess you could say we are both fairly agnostic if you need to put a word on it.

A couple months ago we had my brother and his family over for a weekend visit. The kids played together, we cooked good meals, played games, and laughed. It was a fun weekend. There were a couple awkward moments like when their oldest asked why we don't say a prayer before meals or before bedtime, and how we don't go to church on Sundays. But my brother and SIL explained it as different families just have different beliefs and that seemed to be acceptable to a 6-year old.

During that weekend my bro and SIL asked if we would be willing to watch their kids for a weekend in April so that they could go on a long weekend trip, just the two of them. My husband and I agreed and they thanked us and we all agreed we would discuss details later.

Well, their weekend trip is coming up in 2 weeks and SIL sent an email a couple days ago. She outlined what time they would be dropping the kids off, their itinerary and contact info, when they expected to be back, etc. But it also had an odd "request." She asked that we remove all dinosaur toys (because in her religion they believe dinosaurs didn't exist and their bones were put in the ground by God as a test) because my oldest has a lot of them and last time they were over it led to a lot of questions from her kids.

I called her to go over her email, and told her that I would not be taking my kid's toys away because of her religious beliefs. She explained that it just led to a lot of questions from her kids and it would be a lot easier for them if we just put the dinosaur toys away for one weekend.

I told her that I don't care about her religious beliefs, but in my home the earth is round, the sky is blue, and dinosaurs existed and dinosaur toys are fair game. I told her if that makes her uncomfortable to have her kids around that sort of thing, she is free to find other options for watching her kids that weekend and there would be no hard feelings on our part.

She ended the call in a bit of a huff, but I felt we had come to an understanding. Later that night my brother called me and brought it up again. He said SIL is really upset about this and asked if we could just put the dinosaur toys in a closet for a few days. I told him that I am not going to cater to his wife's religious beliefs and that we are doing them a favor and they don't get to dictate the terms of what goes on in our house.

He said we are being disrespectful of his wife's religious beliefs and compared it to feeding pork to Muslims. I told him that if his kids have any dietary needs that they have not discussed with me, to let me know, but the dino toys stay.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Mx. posted:

AITA For telling my brother and SIL that I will not cater to their beliefs regarding their kids

On the one hand it seems like an obvious “of course you’re right” validation post, on the other I have crazy in laws who try to pull poo poo like this and it can make you question yourself sometimes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

In the winter I don't see them much, but they get more active near the surface as the temperature rises. There's like 40-something goldfish in there that all started out as those tiny, inexpensive feeder fish.

Sometimes they get stuck in that narrow scum trough you can see in the photo and I have to fish them out with a net (still not 100% sure how it happens, they're either jumping in or letting the skimmer gently push them into it.)

Do you get to gently caress the fish?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

I do love the thing where whoever is an “authority” is so dumb/lazy they immediately take the side of whoever complains first no matter how insane the expectations are

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I do love the thing where whoever is an “authority” is so dumb/lazy they immediately take the side of whoever complains first no matter how insane the expectations are

He ought to call the landlord for noise complaints every single time it happens. See how much he likes it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My (35M) boyfriend talks to me (20F)about how marriage isn’t feasible for us right now due to my parents

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years. We really do love each other and want to get married soon. My parents are the problem in this. They don’t agree and aren’t willing to let us get married only due to the fact that he’s from a different religion then mine.

Me and my boyfriend have had numerous conversations on this topic. He tells me that it’s ideal that we get married soon (I am pressuring heavily to get married soon because I don’t see myself with anyone except for him) however due to my parents not agreeing he says it’s better to wait and see what happens.

I want to get engaged by this summer and so does he, his parents are very accepting and want us to get married. My parents are very against it because of his religion and mine. Which is their only issue and I don’t find this okay. I have never dated anyone except for him in my life or been with anyone except for him. He’s the first guy I’ve been with and the only man I ever plan on being with.

He says he’d get married to me tomorrow for all I care but I’ll lose everything meaning my family. My parents have threatened numerous times to cut me off if we get married. They don’t even want to meet him although he wants to meet. I’m also in university currently and he says I’m not even in a feasible place at the moment so it’s going to be hard for me.

He says I already put too much pressure on myself and rushing this is only going to make things worse. And that it’s better if I think carefully about all of this prior to getting married so early. However he’s meeting all his relatives now because he says he wants to at least build a relationship with them so they all do attend his wedding one or 2 years from now. I asked him when he tells me that it’s not possible for us to get married right now then why is he meeting all his relatives for that when he says he needs them to attend his wedding. He says he has to at least build a relationship with them prior to us getting married.

He also says it’s fine for him to get married to me ASAP but reiterates that I’ll lose everything referring to losing my family. And that I need to be okay with that. Or get my parents to agree.

He also keeps telling me to convince my parents somehow to agree on our marriage. If he doesn’t want to marry me, then why would he ask me to beg my parents to agree or have me meet his siblings or parents. I don’t understand.

Does he want to marry me? Why is he encouraging me against just leaving my family to marry him?

TLDR; boyfriend against getting us married ASAP yet meeting relatives so he can invite them to a marriage ceremony.

Note my parents are extremely abusive. He knows about it and feels bad for me. He helps me sometimes by listening to me vent. Has offered me to live with his family but I don’t want to burden his family.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Batterypowered7 posted:

Ensorcelled by the Good Dick?

thread title

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
"He’s the first guy I’ve been with and the only man I ever plan on being with"

Ah, to be young and stupid again !

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kurieg posted:

AITA for asking my sister to be a groomswoman?

This one gave me flashbacks to an ex who screamed at me for when I liked a woman's facebook photo announcing that she had gotten into grad school. That woman was my cousin and she lived in Nebraska.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mx. posted:

I read the title and the first few paragraphs and assumed that problem was going to be the SIL insisting that the OP take her kids to church while she’s gone. Then I realized that SIL is that kind of religious. I’m not sure who’s dumber, the SIL or the brother. SIL at least has the excuse of being raised with this nonsense, but the brother apparently heard all this and was just “yeah, I’m cool raising my kids to believe dinosaurs are the devil’s work, whatever.”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My (35M) boyfriend talks to me (20F)about how marriage isn’t feasible for us right now due to my parents

Thought it actually made sense then got to the part where he offered to let her live with his family and uh......

also

quote:

2020-10-30 06:34:12 Bf (30M) hinted at a civil marriage
2021-01-03 17:20:21 How to help someone out financially who won’t accept that?
2021-01-12 01:28:07 Parents moving our contractor and his wife into our home?
2021-11-17 02:07:59 Bf (35M) gives me (20F) conflicting statements about us getting engaged
2021-11-17 02:34:45 Is my bf (35M) even serious about me (20F)? Is he just making false promises?
2021-11-17 18:38:51 Is my bf (35M) even serious about me (20F)? Is he just making false promises?
2021-11-17 18:52:23 Is my bf (34M) even serious about me (19F)? Is he just making false promises?
2021-11-27 05:40:29 Bf(34M) female coworkers constantly call him and beg him to come and have drinks with him I(19F) haven’t met them yet and they don’t take our relationship seriously
2021-11-27 05:47:11 Bf(34M) female coworkers constantly call him and beg him to come and have drinks with him I(19F) haven’t met them yet and they don’t take our relationship seriously
2021-11-27 15:53:35 Bf(34M) hangs out with his female coworkers regularly without inviting me and keeps me (19F) somewhat of a secret
2021-11-27 16:16:20 Bf(34M) hangs out with his female coworkers regularly without inviting me and keeps me (19F) somewhat of a secret
2021-11-27 16:55:31 Bf(34M) hangs out with his female coworkers regularly without inviting me and keeps me (19F) somewhat of a secret
2021-11-27 19:24:55 Feel uncomfortable that my boyfriend (34M) hangs out with his female coworkers regularly without inviting me(19F)?
2021-12-02 14:36:26 Last night I asked my bf (34M) if he’d marry me (20F) jokingly- he responded with this
2021-12-17 19:04:45 Fiancé (32M) car looks exactly like the car I saw today
2021-12-17 23:55:42 Boyfriends social media usernames says he’s 32 but he claims to be 31
2021-12-19 21:35:38 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about being 31 for 1.5 years of our relationship -I feel so upset right now
2021-12-19 21:45:22 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about being 31 for 1.5 years of our relationship -I feel so upset right now
2021-12-19 21:46:12 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about being 31 for 1.5 years of our relationship -I feel so upset right now
2021-12-19 21:58:50 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about his age for 1.5 years of our relationship -I feel so upset right now
2021-12-19 22:16:52 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about his age for 1.5 years of our relationship
2021-12-19 22:56:57 Bf (32m) lying to me for 1.5 years about his age
2021-12-25 05:25:57 Boyfriend won’t see me much anymore
2021-12-26 10:54:14 Boyfriend (31M) hasn’t introduced me(19F) to his parents yet
2021-12-26 11:05:28 Boyfriend (31M) hasn’t introduced me(19F) to his parents yet
2022-01-01 22:17:21 Missing my boyfriends (32M) birthday today because I (20F) am sick as hell
2022-01-01 22:41:07 Missing my boyfriends (32M) birthday today because I (20F) am sick as hell
2022-01-02 01:58:14 Bfs (32M) brother (23M) only seems to care about me in general(20F)
2022-01-02 02:20:13 Bfs (32M) brother (23M) only seems to care about me in general(20F)
2022-01-02 16:59:23 Bfs (32M) brother (23M) only seems to care about me in general(20F)
2022-01-11 19:42:44 Is my (32M) boyfriend possibly married/divorced?
2022-01-16 01:58:14 My boyfriends acting off or I’m just being paranoid?
2022-01-16 02:07:15 Boyfriends brother and his girlfriend are wreaking havoc about our relationship
2022-01-25 22:30:56 Boyfriend told me not to follow his ex on instagrm
2022-01-28 01:27:37 Boyfriend (35M) wants to meet my (20F)parents first
2022-02-06 23:01:20 My (20f) boyfriend (35M) wants me to abort but says we’ll have kids when we get married
2022-02-06 23:33:56 My (20f) boyfriend (35M) wants me to abort but says we’ll have kids when we get married
2022-02-21 02:23:51 Bf(35M) out with his coworkers and brother at an adult playground thing, I(20F) am a bit worried
2022-02-21 02:32:36 Bf(35M) out with his coworkers and brother at an adult playground thing, I(20F) am a bit worried
2022-02-21 02:56:32 Bf(35M) out with his coworkers and brother at an adult playground thing, I(20F) am worried
2022-02-21 14:15:29 Boyfriend (35m) hasn’t messaged me(20F) back since last night at a party
2022-02-21 14:31:23 Boyfriend (35m) hasn’t messaged me(20F) back since last night at a party
2022-02-28 02:36:55 I(20F) hosed up with my boyfriend (35M)
2022-02-28 02:38:10 I(20F) hosed up with my boyfriend (35M)
2022-02-28 03:10:40 I(20F) hosed up with my boyfriend (35M)
2022-02-28 05:22:37 I(20F) hosed up with my boyfriend (35M)
2022-03-16 05:39:33 Boyfriend(35m) has been acting off with me(20f) today
2022-03-29 01:35:18 Boyfriend is on a dinner with his “buddy”
2022-04-04 20:57:52 My (35M) boyfriend talks to me (20F)about how marriage isn’t feasible for us right now due to my parents
2022-04-04 21:00:09 My (35M) boyfriend talks to me (20F)about how marriage isn’t feasible for us right now due to my parents

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 5, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
One of my fondest lovely teenager memories was having the ability to make my "I don't wear shorts because it offends God" cousins cry at will. Just stuff like "the Bible's pretty cool for the second most popular holy book" because the forbidden knowledge that other holy texts existed was enough to cause a meltdown.

It was like a magic "don't have to hang out with them for at least a year" incantation.

quote:

2021-12-19 21:46:12 Boyfriend admitted to being 32, and lying to me about being 31 for 1.5 years of our relationship -I feel so upset right now

I think I know what she was trying to say here but it's phrased like he refused to admit that he aged a year in 1.5 years and lol.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 5, 2022

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

One of my fondest lovely teenager memories was having the ability to make my "I don't wear shorts because it offends God" cousins cry at will. Just stuff like "the Bible's pretty cool for the second most popular holy book" because the forbidden knowledge that other holy texts existed was enough to cause a meltdown.

It was like a magic "don't have to hang out with them for at least a year" incantation.

What's the first most popular one?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
There isn't, but a kid who isn't aware of the Koran isn't going to know that.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for thinking my future in laws should help more?

quote:

Ok you guys, I never thought I would have the need to post in this sub - - but here goes… I am absolutely LIVID that my fiancés parents haven’t offered any assistance with planning this wedding AT ALL… my wedding date is a month away and not a single “let me know if you need help with anything” was offered…. I am internalizing this and it is getting to me more than I want it to…

When I bring this up to my fiancé - he brushes it off as “well they don’t have that kind of money” and excuses that no type of support at all was given. My mother doesn’t “have that kind of money” either but still managed to send us $100 towards the wedding every month since we were engaged. My fiancé and I have spent well over $31,000 on this wedding alone and I find myself resenting his side since the courtesy of “simply asking” has still not been given. My fiancé uses, in their defense, - they are traveling to be at the wedding from Michigan (the wedding is in New Orleans btw)… and my family already lives in New Orleans so they don’t have to account for travel…. For some reason I can not seem to see it that way & I feel like this is going to affect my mood when we are all getting ready for the wedding on wedding day. Am I wrong for feeling like his family is wrong? I mean this IS their first child’s wedding and they are only taking the role as “a guest”.

His parents with about 5 family members have rented a cheap rear end AIRBNB.. (So there is no way- after splitting the cost- is that a lot of money)… they are driving down, which will cost in gas but it’s not the cost of a flight. I don’t know… I’ve already unfriended his entire side on Facebook over this. 😂 Also, instead of gifts- we opted to do a honeymoon fund and only 1 cousin on his side gifted $100. Of his entire side, only $100 was gifted.

Chew me out if I deserve it, or validate me if I should be pissed. AITA?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Rich people are just on a different plane of existence sometimes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Wish there were a rich people Reddit they could post on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for sitting on a man's hand after he refused to remove it from the empty seat?

quote:

Pretty sure I was an rear end in a top hat here but we'll see.

So, I, f30, am 8 months pregnant. I take public transport to work daily. I'm always exhausted cause I have to work extra time to be able to afford basic necessities. I take the bus to work everyday and often times it's packed, but I get lucky enough when decent folks volunteer their seats for me. Now I should mention that I Don use my pregnancy as an excuse to get what I want but people just offer me their places by themselves whichs kind and sweet.

Wednesday, I get on the bus like usual but this time there's one empty seat, I go to sit but i find a guy in his business attire sitting there with his hand on the empty seat (sort of like resting it?) I say excuse me and ask him to remove his hand so I could sit, but he tells me the seat was "taken". I ask by who and he says his hand. Ngl....I laughed a little but wasn't feeling well so I ask him to remove it so I could sit but he refuses again, folks start staring I tell him I'm tired and needed to sit and he replies saying my pregnancy isn't his problem. I had enough at this point, my legs were burning and my back was hurting, so I go ahead and sit on his hand. He freaks out and tries to removes it quickly while shouting at me. He then starts arguing about how disrespectful i was to this inappropriate thing and in public no less, I argue back then he gets off after saying I was being inappropriate and disrespectful. Everyone stares at me and I just sit there feeling a bit of shame about what happened.

I tell my husband about this incident and he wtf'd the entire time, then said I did indeed act inappropriately and shouldn't have made this guy uncomfortable by sitting on his hand like that. He tells me I hosed up and this was totally inappropriate despite me saying I was so tired of standing and was in desperate need to sit down.

AITA?

Me sowing/me reaping

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mx. posted:

AITA for thinking my future in laws should help more?

quote:

YTA

They are probably saving it up for his next wedding. Quite understandable.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for sitting on a man's hand after he refused to remove it from the empty seat?

Me sowing/me reaping

Pff would have done exactly the same and I'm not pregnant. Don't take up two seats for no reason.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wednesday, I get on the bus like usual but this time there's one empty seat, I go to sit but i find a guy in his business attire sitting there with his hand on the empty seat (sort of like resting it?) I say excuse me and ask him to remove his hand so I could sit, but he tells me the seat was "taken". I ask by who and he says his hand. Ngl....I laughed a little but wasn't feeling well so I ask him to remove it so I could sit but he refuses again, folks start staring I tell him I'm tired and needed to sit and he replies saying my pregnancy isn't his problem.
Everyone else in earshot is the rear end in a top hat for not immediately kicking this guy in the face

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the first most popular one?

the writings of confucius.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Defiance Industries posted:

This one gave me flashbacks to an ex who screamed at me for when I liked a woman's facebook photo announcing that she had gotten into grad school. That woman was my cousin and she lived in Nebraska.

My borderline ex accused me of cheating because I changed my profile photo to me and my cousin at her wedding lol

At that point I was already looking for an exit for at least a month that would avoid violence/crazy poo poo but it never really happened and you just gotta deal with crazy trying to kick down your door/breaking in and stealing/breaking poo poo she felt was hers.

Just hard no contact, give them no response or reaction, not even a “stop or I’ll get a restraining order” and they’ll turn to someone else to feed on eventually.

Untreated borderline and other types of classically bad people to date can hide it for about six months which by that point you’re too deep and you just need rip that band aid off because there is no exit that they’ll accept.

Anyway I was going to post this in response to a story a few pages back about someone finding out their boy/girlfriend was insane at exactly 6 months in but had to go do something and this reminded me.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 5, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
every sneakerhead i've ever met has credit card debt the size of student loans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kntfkr posted:

every sneakerhead i've ever met has credit card debt the size of student loans

I know one that doesnt, but he comes from a family where one of his wedding gifts from his parents was a multi-million dollar apartment in Beijing.