Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
As we learned on the last page, "denazification" is actually just code for genocide. When the plan is to kill absolutely everyone, I don't think it's too much of a concern whether or not people will resist your occupation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shooting Blanks posted:

I promise I'm not stanning for Russia but that poo poo seems a bit beyond the pale. Is there any kind of confirmation, is that a good source? I want that to be false, basically.

They literally said, on live TV, they intended to do this stuff. Its only grim because they are getting more details with the very poo poo they said they would already do.

They have lists of people to round up. They fully intended to ethnically cleanse Ukraine of any sort of Ukrainian culture. The very next step is genocide. Its not a huge leap. This is a military that has a long and recorded history of doing this poo poo too, its not new. They did ethnic cleansing and murdered civilians in Chechnya, Grozny, Georgia, etc.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

I used to think there wouldn't be a Western military intervention in Ukraine, and that it wouldn't be wise. I'm not sure now, nuclear Armageddon be damned.

I think it's more on the table today than it was a couple of days ago.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

They literally said, on live TV, they intended to do this stuff. Its only grim because they are getting more details with the very poo poo they said they would already do.

They have lists of people to round up. They fully intended to ethnically cleanse Ukraine of any sort of Ukrainian culture. The very next step is genocide. Its not a huge leap. This is a military that has a long and recorded history of doing this poo poo too, its not new. They did ethnic cleansing and murdered civilians in Chechnya, Grozny, Georgia, etc.

I wonder if Israel is going to continue to show tepid support for Ukraine now that thise whole genocide thing is coming into much sharper focus.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Everyone was like, "Those mobile crematoriums are kind of crazy" and "Funny that those Russians can't deal with families seeing their soldiers dead corpses" and now we're all like, "Those mobile crematoriums are kind of an atrocity!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Murgos posted:

Everyone was like, "Those mobile crematoriums are kind of crazy" and "Funny that those Russians can't deal with families seeing their soldiers dead corpses" and now we're all like, "Those mobile crematoriums are kind of an atrocity!"

Or the mass grave instructional guide they approved shortly before the invasion.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Murgos posted:

The feeling in this forum was 'I really, really, really loving hope those are for the Russian casualties.'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Or the mass grave instructional guide they approved shortly before the invasion.

I must have missed that one.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

The what now

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tyro posted:

The what now

Published this December 20th:

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-mass-burials-regulations/31619324.html

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Holy recontextualization, Batman!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

:catstare:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Here is an example of the DNR congratulating one of their soldiers for the removal of hundreds of Nazis.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1511004122161598464

Just look at those patches that proclaim his staunch opposition to fascism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A.o.D. posted:

Here is an example of the DNR congratulating one of their soldiers for the removal of hundreds of Nazis.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1511004122161598464

Just look at those patches that proclaim his staunch opposition to fascism.

Well, you see, he was killing the other Nazis. The bad ones.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Destroying 250 nazis? What the gently caress? Is that just in this campaign or over the course of his career, because if that dude has murdered 250 he needs a drone strike yesterday.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Destroying 250 nazis? What the gently caress? Is that just in this campaign or over the course of his career, because if that dude has murdered 250 he needs a drone strike yesterday.

He destroyed them with logic.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So if the Pope goes to Ukraine and gets offed by some rogue, overzealous :ussr: equivalent of a PFC, is that the 21st century version of Franz Ferdinand?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What world leader cares so much about a religious figurehead to throw their country into the fighting?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PCjr sidecar posted:

We know, we’ve seen your OnlyFans.

It’s also fire and forget

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

So if the Pope goes to Ukraine and gets offed by some rogue, overzealous :ussr: equivalent of a PFC, is that the 21st century version of Franz Ferdinand?

There’s a version of the future where we get to see a dude in renaissance armor gently caress up a Russian fascist with a halberd

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

Isn't that part of the Fatima prophecy?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

There’s a version of the future where we get to see a dude in renaissance armor gently caress up a Russian fascist with a halberd

that would be the only part of this dumb reality i'd be on board with

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he'll fight off the swiss guard

and their halberds

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Arrath posted:

What world leader cares so much about a religious figurehead to throw their country into the fighting?

Andrzej Duda

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is the macbook okay? :ohdear:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

is the macbook okay? :ohdear:

The macbook got what was coming to it. :argh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/tanjamaier17/status/1510994738069049352?s=20&t=rm7mjaIWXEm6W9LR-mXoRA

dam guess he wasnt cyberpunk enough

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hunters laptop

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1511131033902755844?s=21&t=kxDu0K2XqzeqpDoAKg4tNA

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I mean what are the chances his plate was already gone or made of cardboard and this was an Apple update?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That Works posted:

Hunters laptop

ive heard of William tell but this ridiculous!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

About ten years ago, a very good friend of mine and her then-husband bought a house near a major city in North Carolina. They got divorced for non-horrible reasons, and she kept the house as a rental property. Today, she got word from her property manager that a Ukrainian refugee family was looking to rent it, and she told them to go ahead and get them in there. It’s a multi-generational family and now she and I are thinking about putting together a care package of grocery gift cards, toys for the kids and other stuff to help them get settled. She’s working to find out more details but goddamn I hope they want the place enough to move in so we can welcome them to the US in a way that really helps them. The past few pages- and seeing all of those godawful pictures- have done a number on me, and I’m saying this as someone who used to analyze all of the Islamic State’s videos for my previous job. Helping a family get off on the right foot and doing a small part to let them know that Americans are mostly decent people would be wonderful.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/4/7337132/

Belarusian hackers are doing their part - all those Russian soldiers filmed sending their war loot home have been identified.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

About ten years ago, a very good friend of mine and her then-husband bought a house near a major city in North Carolina. They got divorced for non-horrible reasons, and she kept the house as a rental property. Today, she got word from her property manager that a Ukrainian refugee family was looking to rent it, and she told them to go ahead and get them in there. It’s a multi-generational family and now she and I are thinking about putting together a care package of grocery gift cards, toys for the kids and other stuff to help them get settled. She’s working to find out more details but goddamn I hope they want the place enough to move in so we can welcome them to the US in a way that really helps them. The past few pages- and seeing all of those godawful pictures- have done a number on me, and I’m saying this as someone who used to analyze all of the Islamic State’s videos for my previous job. Helping a family get off on the right foot and doing a small part to let them know that Americans are mostly decent people would be wonderful.

You should take your dogs on a road trip so they can pat them.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
A while ago I mentioned that a suit of medieval armor I'd ordered from a Ukrainian smithy had been completed and shipped out during the siege. I sent them an email expressing my gratitude, but it essentially condensed to holy poo poo. This was the email they sent me in response.

quote:

Hello [Voyager I],

We live and work in Kyiv. As we don't have the weapons in our hands to defend our country - we are doing what we can to continue work. Destroying the Ukrainian economy - is one of the putin' targets. So we are glad to fight him in this field either way.

Best regards,
[Representative]

To emphasize, this wasn't online posturing - this email was sent while the city was still being pressed by the Russians on three sides. This is an example of bravery from ordinary folk that will be hard to forget.

...on a less reverent note, just imagine trying to occupy a city filled with people like this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Voyager I posted:

A while ago I mentioned that a suit of medieval armor I'd ordered from a Ukrainian smithy had been completed and shipped out during the siege. I sent them an email expressing my gratitude, but it essentially condensed to holy poo poo. This was the email they sent me in response.

To emphasize, this wasn't online posturing - this email was sent while the city was still being pressed by the Russians on three sides. This is an example of bravery from ordinary folk that will be hard to forget.

...on a less reverent note, just imagine trying to occupy a city filled with people like this.

If you don't decorate that armour in the Ukrainian colours I'll..... probably post a sad smiley about it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Clearly they should be creating medieval weapons, not armor. Then they'd have "weapons in hand." :smug:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I am the idiot. I hit up the international legion asking for more information about providing medical help. I have the training, the knowledge, etc, from 10 years in EMS. I know that’s not battlefield, and my patient population isn’t 20 year olds with GSWs on average (but I have treated that). So we’ll see. Right now, I just want more information, and maybe I’ll go with an NGO instead. I’m divorced, no kids. Pretty much right in the golden circle of no responsibilities other than my day job.

That said, international legion does also have an option for no military experience, no combat experience, plz don’t send me there. Which is my realm.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've heard there's small print in the Legion contract that would basically mean you can't get out again for an open ended period. Don't know if that's true, but it would make sense given the circumstances. I would also treat the promise not to put you in a fighting unit with the same scepticism as any other recruiter's promise of which role you'll get once you take the shilling.

Be very careful about what it is you'd be agreeing to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

windshipper posted:

I am the idiot. I hit up the international legion asking for more information about providing medical help. I have the training, the knowledge, etc, from 10 years in EMS. I know that’s not battlefield, and my patient population isn’t 20 year olds with GSWs on average (but I have treated that). So we’ll see. Right now, I just want more information, and maybe I’ll go with an NGO instead. I’m divorced, no kids. Pretty much right in the golden circle of no responsibilities other than my day job.

That said, international legion does also have an option for no military experience, no combat experience, plz don’t send me there. Which is my realm.

I wonder if you'd be better looking at doctors without borders or similar