Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
maybe its because i actually cared about trek at some point unlike star wars but guinan being a bartender in TNG therefore she is always a bartender i think finally tops all jedis wearing robes at all times for stupidity

e: lol having brent do so many characters that are just him does raise questions about the DNA of the soong family

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Transport Rios out of the bus, where 4 ICE guards and 23 migrants will see

OR

let him get scanned and they find all his implanted chips

seems like an easy choice

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jay is married to his indie werewolf gore erotica

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Everyone point and lol at this weiner

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/1511090357941018631

Honestly I think RLM’s dgaf attitude rules. It’s not like you have to give them any money, what a dickhead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/FantomasCinema/status/1511101077055229960?s=20&t=M1k9Y1J0aNFoGvhxVfNRkA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

Honestly I think RLM’s dgaf attitude rules. It’s not like you have to give them any money, what a dickhead.

why would you make me aware of this terrible terrible nerd. WHY!!!!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Turn on your monitor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s always on but nice try

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
"what the gently caress happened to star trek, I want to die" is more fun than "that $200 million movie was okay I guess"

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

His parents were clearly chewing when they named him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ha ha! He’s funny in being a complete doofwad.

The Anime Liker posted:

Turn on your monitor

Lmao

Endless Trash posted:

Ahahahaha

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

priznat posted:

Why do these content creators who make hours of videos every month, at no direct cost to me, only talk about the things they're interested in? They'll never make it big at this rate!

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

priznat posted:

If this man doesn't like Mike getting all hot and bothered about reading a tricorder that's his loss.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

Why do these content creators who make hours of videos every month, at no direct cost to me, only talk about the things they're interested in? They'll never make it big at this rate!

i give money to the RLM patreon and the star trek misery is exactly what i want

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

i give money to the RLM patreon and the star trek misery is exactly what i want

It's exactly what I want too, but not everyone can be as lucky as us.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I was feeling the star trek content fatigue, but if it makes that guy unhappy it's worth it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mostly it's due to shots like that being given a completion date of 6 months with 20 staff working on it in the 90's, and these days they ask 2 guys to have it done in 3 days.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Dabir posted:

Mike just hasn't reached acceptance yet. He hasn't fully internalised that Picard really is doing a whole season of "Trmup????? Bad!!!!!"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

I can see reviews of Batman anywhere. What other channels are talking about the companion book for the Jerry Springer Show and reading the book's episode list?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Endless Trash posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FymJ7Gs.mp4

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watch Star Trek Discovery Season 3, you hacks!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Instead of RLM reviews The Batman, have RLM recreate The Batman with Rich Evans as every character.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
In trying to look up the writers on Picard I notice that Lea Thompson directed two episodes this season. Huh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rich Evans: Catwoman

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

I was feeling the star trek content fatigue, but if it makes that guy unhappy it's worth it

:same:

I don’t watch the Star Trek videos. Maybe if they did a Re:View of one of the movies, I’d sit through it, but the TNG, Discovery and Picard stuff, I’m done with it.

It’s disappointing when new RLM is Star Trek related, but I don’t get mad about it, because I’m not a giant manbaby who expects all things to be catered to me at all times.

Also, I bet we get Mike and Jay talk about THE Pattman in a few weeks after it’s out on HBOMAX.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Rich Evans: Catwoman

:bisonyes:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Imagine watching RLM for the commentary and not for the cherubic laughter of Richard Evans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The searching for a Hispanic male on the ICE Database followed by "My god" broke me. Goddamn this writing is amazing.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I can maybe understand not liking when there's a content drought and then they do a re:view of blood beat or ice pirates, but the star trek stuff is always gold.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lister posted:

I can maybe understand not liking when there's a content drought and then they do a re:view of blood beat or ice pirates, but the star trek stuff is always gold.

I love obscure bad movies from the 80s. That’s my #1 choice for content.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Stink Billyums posted:

In trying to look up the writers on Picard I notice that Lea Thompson directed two episodes this season. Huh.

She has a brief cameo in the most recent episode as well.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I don't give a hot gently caress about star trek or wars or batmans or movies or TV shows in general, but RLM rules and is good content.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lister posted:

I think the biggest problem they've run into with both Discovery and Picard is they're making content that's 1/3 to 1/2 as long as the series they're reviewing and they straight up run out of things to say by hour 3, because while it is all terrible, it's not uniquely terrible. There's only so many times you can point out that the writers don't know or certainly don't care about the themes of the show, or the characters they're reusing, or whatever.

As an aside, why is everyone's go to for how emotionally invested they are in the character/story now "I cried"? Like, even if the show is cheap pathos where your character bursts into tears for any and every reason, do we also need to believe that you personally do while reading a script for the episode?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 5, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Mike's dementia flaring up and making him like the Borg Queen.

She only speaks in really dumb backward logic like the guy from Mystery Men. "The silence is deafening" kind of poo poo over and over it's the only stuff she says.

I think they like her in the sense that they like over the top schlock, but I may be misreading that.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

maybe its because i actually cared about trek at some point unlike star wars but guinan being a bartender in TNG therefore she is always a bartender i think finally tops all jedis wearing robes at all times for stupidity

e: lol having brent do so many characters that are just him does raise questions about the DNA of the soong family

This is the funniest thing because Star Trek does not need to suffer from small world syndrome. It's not Star Wars, they've had about 30 seasons of television telling stories from all over with thousands of characters. They don't all need to be related to the three you know. However, the current batch of writers are hacks even by the standards of a show that started out with Gene Roddenberry pencilling in notes on spec scripts while they were being filmed, so here we are.

See, also: Ten Forward the bar, was named for its address on Earth, which it coincidentally shared with its address on the star ship Enterprise, 500 years later, in space.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 5, 2022

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I think they like her in the sense that they like over the top schlock, but I may be misreading that.

You’re right it’s definitely the “Palpatine Effect” - a character’s qualities shine through when they’re surrounded by boring incoherent assholes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:same:

I don’t watch the Star Trek videos. Maybe if they did a Re:View of one of the movies, I’d sit through it, but the TNG, Discovery and Picard stuff, I’m done with it.

Boy, do I have some news for you!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah, I watched those, I mean if they make anymore for, like, the original crew movies from the 80s/90s.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I wonder if they'd have anything interesting to say about Star Trek V.

It's bad, but it's not even that bad by the overall standards of Star Trek brand films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I wonder if they'd have anything interesting to say about Star Trek V.

It's bad, but it's not even that bad by the overall standards of Star Trek brand films

Which one has the prison colony, and some alien is getting all aggro, and Kirk ends up kicking his knees and destroys him, then somebody’s like, “those are his genitals!”

Cuz that movie loving sucked.