Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Wheany posted:

A green angry super star, eh?

High quality animated png:

Old reliable gif:

New hotness, webp:

And no animation, if you're not into that:

edit:timg

Well drat... This was exactly what I was picturing in my head.

It's even shiny and has texture/color shading/subtle gradients like its really made of Jade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Jade Star posted:

Almost an hour long video this time around, so get a snack, get comfortable and then watch.

I get almost a week of scan time in to build needed things around the Avenger but still need more supplies to build everything I could get my hands on at this point, but it's a good start. The time allows me to reach New Mexico and establish contact there so I can assault the Avatar facility there. The one that previously warned us that a large and powerful alien was detected guarding the facility. Hurray! Well at least we know what we're getting into this time!

You're legally obligated to bring Cain to the other facilities for the full set now, aren't you?

But, assuming you get a certain blue and white kill with Cain, maybe try the Archon king without a repeater so you can actually show what he does for the LP

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Veloxyll posted:

maybe try the Archon king without a repeater so you can actually show what he does for the LP

He dies like a bitch and makes Guava sad, that's what he does. Guava gets to be happy during Outer Wilds and I get to crush his spirit in XCom, that's how this thing works.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I hope Archon King gets Repeatered again just for the Guava Disappointment.

However I do also hope he gets to live for a turn or two just so you can show off what absolute bullshit he is if he doesn't get Repeatered into oblivion. The other leaders I have no problem with. It's HIM that I Loathe.

Also legit surprised the Muton Queen didn't make your game hang. Whenever I ran into her it was basically flip a coin on if I have one of her reactions break the game's AI/cinematic engine and have her move take 5 minutes. Either just stuck there "thinking" or suuuuuuupeeeeeer slooooooow moooootioooon clooooseeuuuup.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Wheany posted:

The first thing I've loved since I got Gul Ducat

Okay so again, these are super awesome. I used the stationary .png one on twitch as an emote already and its great. I could also use the gif but it's too large in file size. I have no gif making/editing ability so can I ask you to resize it? These are the twitch rules to it; Please upload your animated image and it will be automatically resized.
This image must: Be a square shaped .gif Have a maximum file size of 1MB Be of resolution between 112 x 112px and 4096 x 4096px Cannot contain more than 60 frames

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

So previously we blew up the universe, became God(?), and created a new universe. And yet there is DLC. Where are we going? What's left to explore? These are all very good questions that I don't have the answer to! Let's go find out!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Jade Star posted:

Guava gets to be happy during Outer Wilds

Yes I get to watch you suffer through the elk theater, as you get caught, over and over and over like I did! Can't wait for that video!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Jade is barely scratching the surface and I'm here for all of it.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Ciaphas Cain, hero of the imperium once again.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
What if you wanted to be a difficult encounter that would test players

But god said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mucdZAt9G8I

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Ablative posted:

What if you wanted to be a difficult encounter that would test players

But god said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mucdZAt9G8I

I didn't really think about it before, but Ciaphas Cain is the perfect soldier to be pulling off these executions.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jade Star posted:

Okay so again, these are super awesome. I used the stationary .png one on twitch as an emote already and its great. I could also use the gif but it's too large in file size. I have no gif making/editing ability so can I ask you to resize it? These are the twitch rules to it; Please upload your animated image and it will be automatically resized.
This image must: Be a square shaped .gif Have a maximum file size of 1MB Be of resolution between 112 x 112px and 4096 x 4096px Cannot contain more than 60 frames

This one's 969 kB

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Wheany posted:

This one's 969 kB

Thank you so much!

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Jade Star posted:

So previously we blew up the universe, became God(?), and created a new universe. And yet there is DLC. Where are we going? What's left to explore? These are all very good questions that I don't have the answer to! Let's go find out!

The Stranger is hands down my favorite ever interactable rendition of my favorite ever sci-fi concept. It warms my heart to see someone else experience the absolute joy and wonder of that thing for the first time

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
So are you actually going to be collecting the reward for killing the alien rulers? The Viper King is hit or miss I feel, but I really like the one for the Berserker Queen and Archon King.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Gothsheep posted:

So are you actually going to be collecting the reward for killing the alien rulers? The Viper King is hit or miss I feel, but I really like the one for the Berserker Queen and Archon King.

The viper king's gives you something like 40 dodge, which combined with a PCS can put a soldier close to 70 percent evade chance before you factor in cover Ops gains. The person wearing it can very easily become nigh invincible. Its ability isnt as sexy as the other ruler armors, but it's really freaking good.

Specifically it's a spider/wraith suit with 15 more dodge, 1 more hp, and the free action stun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gothsheep posted:

The Archon King armor can do some very silly things with what the chosen add to the game.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
I'm a little sad that you have the materials to make the Meat Suit but no Hulk Hogan to wear it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

protomexican posted:

I'm a little sad that you have the materials to make the Meat Suit but no Brutus the BEEFcake to wear it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't remember if you can put the special suits on the faction units or not, but if you can, that sounds amazing and funny.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Shei-kun posted:

I can't remember if you can put the special suits on the faction units or not, but if you can, that sounds amazing and funny.

You unforthunately cannot. I wish I had a grapple hooking Templar though

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Nothing will feel super impressive after killing the berserker queen last mission but we have to soldier on anyway. Today's mission is a simple guerilla operation to counter a nasty dark event. Meanwhile on the strategy layer of things I need loads and loads more supplies to purchase upgrades in the GTS, build upgrades for the SPARK, expand our powergrid, expand the resistance radio so we can contact more regions, and if we're feeling extra spicy we could build a Psi Lab. There's a lot to do.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I strongly resent the claim that 10% beers taste terribly. :colbert:
Some of my favourite types to drink are 9 to 10% Imperial Stouts and they are hella delicious.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is why I like sitreps so much. It gives you a chance to find themed forces and go in with hard counters.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
7:13 I do like how there are just pictures of the solders on the side of a brick building.

Cooked Auto posted:

Some of my favourite types to drink are 9 to 10% Imperial Stouts and they are hella delicious.

How about the opinion that all alcoholic drink taste terribly? This is coming from someone who tolerates tequila/vodka in order to get drunk.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Cooked Auto posted:

High volume imperial stouts have an important place in my life, and that's for nursing slowly and crying into while I watch my favorite hockey team embarrass themselves.

I'm sure Guava can relate.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Not Important posted:

High volume imperial stouts have an important place in my life, and that's for nursing slowly and crying into while I watch my favorite hockey team embarrass themselves.

I'm sure Guava can relate.

Oh God no, I would seriously have a problem if that's how I dealt with hockey sadness.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Flair posted:

How about the opinion that all alcoholic drink taste terribly? This is coming from someone who tolerates tequila/vodka in order to get drunk.

I mean I only drink dark beer and that's about it, so I can't say much. Light beers taste horribly to me and then I never got into anything else.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

GuavaMoment posted:

Oh God no, I would seriously have a problem if that's how I dealt with hockey sadness.

What about CFL sadness?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Canuck-Errant posted:

What about CFL sadness?

Don't have a team anymore!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

While Guava tries to deny the existence of the Edmonton Elks I continue exploring The Stranger and come up with the most inventive way that a puzzle should have been solvable, but isn't.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Wait the guy who builds mechanized death machines only now got his first cellphone?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly he knows something we don't. :tinfoil:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Jade Star posted:

While Guava tries to deny the existence of the Edmonton Elks I continue exploring The Stranger and come up with the most inventive way that a puzzle should have been solvable, but isn't.
I definitely did the same thing, including making the artifact irretrievable from the fire. I actually forgot how you learn to do it "right" so will look forward to you figuring it out.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Jade you ever tried Star Traders Frontiers?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/335620/Star_Traders_Frontiers/

Might be something up your ally considering its absolutely ridiculous depth. Someone else might be better at pitching it to you then I am.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Thyrork posted:

Jade you ever tried Star Traders Frontiers?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/335620/Star_Traders_Frontiers/

Might be something up your ally considering its absolutely ridiculous depth. Someone else might be better at pitching it to you then I am.

I have this, and gave it a few tries a year ago. While some of it was fun, the crew customization was cool and complex, the problem I had with it was that I never knew what I was working towards. I had no idea how to spend money I made on meaningful upgrades for the ship nor what I should do next or why I should take any action that I did. I mean I blew up a buncha enemy space ships, boarded a few, but uh, really didn't have any reason as to why I was doing anything.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jade Star posted:

I have this, and gave it a few tries a year ago. While some of it was fun, the crew customization was cool and complex, the problem I had with it was that I never knew what I was working towards. I had no idea how to spend money I made on meaningful upgrades for the ship nor what I should do next or why I should take any action that I did. I mean I blew up a buncha enemy space ships, boarded a few, but uh, really didn't have any reason as to why I was doing anything.

I got that for abit and then just followed the main storyline to try to get back on track. It starts with the transport of the judicator or w/e her title is from one world to another to investigate the bombing of a certain station.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The main story is a great way to get started. The patriarch of the house focuses on lengthy courier missions that make a ton of money. The eldest daughter asks for spy missions leading into a brutal crew combat. The younger daughter has lots of ship combat with a side of smuggling. The son... focuses on bounty hunting I'm pretty sure.

Ship wise you want to balance your skills with your ship's abilities. If you hit 200% on a skill buy a fancier part to boost the ship's capacity. Unless it would take you over a reactor point breakpoint, weapon wise. I like to buy an improved crew armory as my first big purchase. Boarding makes much more money/exp than blowing up ships. Also makes people hate you a lot less, try not to piss off more than one or two factions.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Eitherway I think it would be pretty perfect letsplay material in the future. I can offer to help out where I can and comment if you need a buddy, plus I know someone who originally got me into it and maybe he can too.

EU timezone fuckery might happen tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
And now for a non-sequitur!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz29uticRHQ

Relevant later!