Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

wizardofloneliness posted:

I read the title and the first few paragraphs and assumed that problem was going to be the SIL insisting that the OP take her kids to church while she’s gone. Then I realized that SIL is that kind of religious. I’m not sure who’s dumber, the SIL or the brother. SIL at least has the excuse of being raised with this nonsense, but the brother apparently heard all this and was just “yeah, I’m cool raising my kids to believe dinosaurs are the devil’s work, whatever.”
When I was in middle school, one of the teachers believed that things like elves and fairies were Satanic. So you weren't allowed to have that kind of stuff in her class, and the school 100% backed her up on punishing kids for violating her religious beliefs. And I'm not talking about Dungeons & Dragons--you'd get suspended if you came into her class with a Troll doll keychain or a Smurfs lunchbox. Kids would whisper "La, la, la la la la" when they thought she couldn't pinpoint the source of the noise.

Edit: She had a son about my age, too, which must have been mortifying.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kntfkr posted:

every sneakerhead i've ever met has credit card debt the size of student loans

The entire shoedent loan industry is problematic, imo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Barudak posted:

I know one that doesnt, but he comes from a family where one of his wedding gifts from his parents was a multi-million dollar apartment in Beijing.

:mad:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

mediaphage posted:

in case anyone wants to check back then

glad the guy is doing it, he seems awesome. of course there’s a couple esh with one commenter saying it’s obvious op isn’t ready to be in a committed relationship since he’s unable to compromise

lol just lol

quote:

she left to go to her mothers house and isnt answering calls, so im assuming so. if she doesn’t return then i’ll text her to make sure, since it’s the inly way to contact her at the moment

The thread has moved on to calling him creepy for buying his sister a sports bra that she had been looking for but couldn't find. And basically trying to pick out any justification that clearly this man was trying to gently caress his sister and the Ex is actually right.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the first most popular one?

The Da Vinci Code

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for screenshotting messages guys sent me and sending them to their mothers?

quote:

I'm an 18 year old girl who is in college atm. I've been getting bullied/harassed by three guys in my class who have taken to messaging me online with rather gross/harassing messages and nsfw pictures that i'm sure you can all fill in the gaps without me going into detail. I should have reported them or just blocked them but I had, had enough so I screenshot every message they'd sent me and found their mothers through their facebook pages and sent screenshots to them including an explanation of who I am and how their sons have been bothering me.

Their mothers were horrified and shocked by what I sent them explaining what was going on and all three are on my side. Some of my friends think this is genius and exactly what they deserved but some of my other friends think I took it too far and it was out of line to put that on their Mothers and also how I don't know what their home life is like.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for doing this? Should I have gone about it another way?

Edit due to questions/comments: When it was just standard bullying I reported them but they only got a warning, the messages/pictures started after that as if to prove I couldn't do anything. I figured reporting them again wouldn't work so did this.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
That owns. Not the first time I've heard of that trick but it brings a smile every time.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Absurd Alhazred posted:

the emerald tablet

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Captain Hygiene posted:

The entire shoedent loan industry is problematic, imo

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

New Coke posted:

That owns. Not the first time I've heard of that trick but it brings a smile every time.

I did that once to a catcaller. Felt great, gently caress that dude

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for embarrassing the groom with my wedding toast?

quote:

I met my friend "Louise" (F28) when we were in college. Not long after we graduated, Louise's boyfriend and father of her kid died in a car wreck. She was pretty messed up by it and for a few years she didn't really see any friends or date anyone, even though we offered to set her up. So when she called to tell me she was seeing a guy from work, I was happy for her, but also thought it was gross that he was so much older than her. I met "Matthew" (M38) at dinner and to be honest he seemed like a really nice guy, but I couldn't get over the age gap and told Louise honestly that it was really weird and made him look like a creep.

Louise said they had been through similar things and that him treating her and daughter well was more important to her than the age difference, but if it made me uncomfortable not to hang out with them anymore.

Fast forward 6 years and we run into each other at a college event in our home town. We chat and Louise tells me that her and Matthew are getting married and she'd like it if I came as I'd been such a big part of her life. It was a pretty small wedding and they didn't have a wedding party, so I offered to give a toast. I told some stories from when we were at school then made a few jokes about the age difference and her not needing a degree now that she was dating her boss. They were probably a bit harsh but there were a few laughs and everything seemed fine.

Afterwards Louise came over and said she couldn't believe I disrespected her husband like that in front of their kids and demanded I leave. I told her she was overreacting and that they were just jokes. She replied that Matthew had cried after hearing my 'jokes' which I think is a bit dramatic, but did make me feel bad.

Since the wedding quite a few of our friends have messaged me to say I'm TA for trying to undermine a happy relationship and that I majorly crossed a line attacking them on their wedding day. But others have said Matthew is the AH for overreacting and that he should be able to take a joke after 6 years.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for screenshotting messages guys sent me and sending them to their mothers?

quote:

also how I don't know what their home life is like.
There is no home life that justifies harassment and unsolicited dickpix. Tell your friends to go gently caress themselves; 2-for-1 sale on acid vats, if needed.

Evil Willow posted:

iT wAs OnLy A jOkE!!!! Sure, only a joke that you totally aren't mad that you didn't get to play matchmaker.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA For Not Showing My Ex Proof That He Wasn't My Child's Father Until After He Gave Me His House?Posted by

quote:

Okay. I know the title makes me look bad but read the story for context first.

I (27f) used to be in a long term relationship with Tom (34m). We dated for two years before I moved into his house and agreed that I would pay for utilities while he covered the mortgage and taxes. After being together for four years I discovered that he was cheating on me when I walked in on him and the other woman after coming home from an out of town trip early. I was understandably angry, yelled at the both of them and tearfully packed up some things and stayed at a friend's house for a week.

When I came back the locks were changed and Tom had blocked me on everything. It took a court order to get me back in and by then he'd already sold or thrown away a lot of my things to appease his new girlfriend and he knew that I didn't have enough money to fight him in court for all of it. I was really in a low place and to make myself feel better I ended up having a one-night stand with a friend "Clark" (28m) and ended up pregnant.

I was already officially out of Tom's house when I found out and we were in zero-contact, so I decided to test Clark first and he was the father. Since Clark was the father and I didn't see the point in telling Tom that I was pregnant and just started planning my life accordingly. Clark also inherited a nice house and insisted I live there to make things easier on my finances as well as give us both equal access to our child.

While I was out baby shopping I ran into Tom's sister. She was completely surprised at how visibly pregnant I was. I made a quick excuse to leave with a vague and fake promise that I'd be in contact later. It was really just an awkward way to get out of an uncomfortable situation politely. A few days later my phone was blowing up calls and texts from Tom asking me about the baby. I ignored him but then he showed up at my parents home demanding to speak to me.

Tom was convinced that I was pregnant with his kid and was going to blindside him with a court order for child support after the baby was born out of spite. It would also align with his planned promotion and he didn't want to be perceived as a deadbeat parent (the company he works at is big on morality). I told Tom to leave me and my family alone but he wanted me to sign a NDA about anything that would happen between us in family court to protect his reputation. I told him that he wasn't the father but he thought that I was lying now to blindside him later and offered me his house (he was going to get a new one) to pay for my silence.

I agreed and when he was fully moved out I mailed him the test results when Clark was tested. Tom now thinks I was being a manipulative witch but it wasn't my fault he didn't believe me when I initially said he wasn't the father so AITA?

Edit: Since there seems to be some confusion even though I already wrote it I'll say it again I TOLD Tom he wasn't the father after he started harassing my family, but he chose not to believe me.

Edit 2: Yes, my parents knew Clark was the father and even told Tom too. Tom just didn't believe us.

Edit 3: Just because I keep seeing the same questions/comments

Yes, I officially own the house. He signed the title over to me the same day I signed the NDA.

The NDA is in regards to me identifying him and talking about him on social media, calling his job, etc.. Since I don't give his actual name and this is a throwaway account I felt comfortable coming here.

The house is a small 3-bed house that is now fully paid off.

Tom technically did ask for a DNA test but I told him he'd have to wait until after the baby was born and pay for it himself if he wanted one so badly.

Tom and I kept our finances separate so I don't know nor care how he's going to manage after all this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I applaud the creative writing with that one.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Hughlander posted:

AITA For Not Showing My Ex Proof That He Wasn't My Child's Father Until After He Gave Me His House?Posted by

There’s no way this came within a hundred miles of happening.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

AITA For telling my brother and SIL that I will not cater to their beliefs regarding their kids

Why would op willingly associate with young earth creationists.

Barudak posted:

I know one that doesnt, but he comes from a family where one of his wedding gifts from his parents was a multi-million dollar apartment in Beijing.

:guillotine:

WIBTA If I said something to my neighbour about his hacking cough every morning?

quote:

Every morning when my neighbour leaves for work (and other times when he leaves his flat during the day) he does several very loud, very disgusting hacking coughs, like he's hacking up really phlegmy spit. It's EVERY morning without fail and it's usually 2-3 times in the space of walking down 1 flight of stairs. We are in a small block of flats and though I can't hear people while in their own apartments if I'm in my hallway or have any doors open I can hear everything in the communal hall. I'm thinking of saying something to him as the sound really makes me gag but I don't know if I WBTA if I told off a grown man for coughing outside his own front door?

Bit of extra info I am currently pregnant and the sound is much worse to me now than it has been previously. Also I don't think he is actually spitting inside, just the hacking up.

Edit: thanks for the insight. I won't say anything to him. It had been annoying me so much I had started to feel like it was on purpose but that is just me letting it annoy me, not actually his fault!

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for ignoring someone after she asked me to apologise after “purposely deceiving” her over lunch?

quote:

Last week I had a group presentation and after we were done my team mates and I decided to go out for lunch. Then one of them asked if one of her friends could come with us. We’re all international students.

So we’re waiting for her friend, she shows up and we go to eat at this restaurant near campus.

During lunch, she gets a call from her mum. And she starts speaking on the phone in French.

At first it was normal stuff but then it became “these people brought me to this restaurant and I hate the food”, “This place isn’t even nice why did they come here” and “these people are so boring” etc.

I was very uncomfortable by the end of it. Afterwards, I told my teammate (the girl’s friend) about what was said. She was angry and apologised to me and told me this wasn’t the first time something like this has happened.

Apparently they usually speak to each other in Arabic but her friend switches to French if she wants to say something to someone that she doesn’t want my teammate to know about.

Later that night I get a bunch of DM requests from my teammate’s friend. She was like “it was rude of me to sit there and listen to her private conversation and I should’ve excused myself and gone somewhere else”

Then there was “you lied to me about where you’re from, you made me think I could have a private conversation around you”

Okay, so, my dad is Korean and my mum is Swiss. We talked about this over lunch. She asked me what part of Switzerland my family is from. I said my mum’s family is from around Zurich. Because of this, she thought I could only speak German.

This is how I “lied” about where I’m from. She told me that she’ll apologise about the things she’s said if I acknowledge I’ve “purposely deceived her” as well.

I just ignored her after that.

"You said your mum's family was from Zurich! How dare you know any other language than German!"

EDIT: I especially appreciate the comment thread on this one, teaching people how to say "kiss my arse" in all sorts of different languages!

Evil Willow fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 5, 2022

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The first edition AD&D Players Handbook

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The power of christ compels you for 3d8 damage

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why would someone from Switzerland only know German lmfao. the country that famously has two major languages. that's before getting into how they've probably moved around the world a lot since they apparently know at least three languages fluently already.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

why would someone from Switzerland only know German lmfao. the country that famously has two major languages. that's before getting into how they've probably moved around the world a lot since they apparently know at least three languages fluently already.

Knowing at least three languages is very normal in Europe :v:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

28 to 38 is the kind of age gap where I would struggle to see why someone would give a poo poo.

E; I suppose if that’s their ages now and they’ve been dating for 6 years that makes 22 to 32 which feels a little weirder, but she’s a 22 year old widow, with a kid. Which changes the dating pool around that age bracket significantly.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 5, 2022

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I want to thank them for bringing a derail from a month ago back, you bitch.

Everything is proceeding as I have predicted.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm loving dying.

Yeah this is one of my favorites because of how completely loving bonkers it is that anyone would pay.

Like I can totally understand a group of douchebros joking about this stuff.
I can even believe a token payment of 50 bucks or something.

But who the hell gives 1500 just because? Especially when the guy getting paid is actually trying to refuse the money?

this is just their friend-law? I wish I knew these guys so I could go on first dates with dozens of women and then just earn rent like a freeloading pimp my entire life until these women killed these guys.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Mx. posted:

Wife (23M) thinks I’m weird for My (25M) madturbation choices

finding dildos in strange places: traumatizing

So this was posted around three weeks ago. We now have two new posts!

15 hours ago...

Wife wants a divorced, we separated but she wants to stay in the house while while I pay the bills for now?

quote:

So my wife and I have separated. I wanted so bad for us to work things out but she could no longer find it in herself to fight for us. She decided to separate from me. We have two kids both very young kids. 18 months and 3 months. I’m okay with the separation, until this point. She had no job, no income and her only duty is to care of our kids while I work to bring income for the family. I recently decided to start looking for a car for myself. We share one vehicle that we both decided she would take ownership of. I told her about my car search and she responded with “how can you afford to pay for both car?” And when I reminded her that she will be taking over the financial responsibilities of the current car she said that she would not be able to. She’s decided that she will start looking for work but that I need to be patient, let her find work and that it is my responsibility to continue paying for her and my expenses altogether. I tried to discuss with her that a month should be plenty of time for her to find a job and get back on her feet but she disagrees, claiming she’ll need upwards of 3 months of my financial support while she gathers herself and the ability to move out, take over the car and settle somewhere else. Basically he needs me to pay for everything so I can make it easier for her to leave me. I’m actually really upset about this. I feel like I’m being used, I feel like 3 months is too long. And it should not take that long to get a job and a paycheck and start helping me pay bills. Maybe I’m wrong, I’d like to hear others opinions.

7 hours ago...

Ex-wife having sex with somebody else while still living in my house

quote:

This is gonna be a shameless post. And a straight up dump of my feelings. Take this as you will, and please keep your responses half way respectful.

My ex is still in the house with my two young kids and we’ve jointly decided she won't be able to pay the bills for at least 3 months so I'm stuck paying all our bills in order to make a smoother transition. I went to grab something out of the drawer of our dresser that we shared at one point in her room and I noticed that half her birth control was gone. It's a cream that you use right before you have sex not a pill. So basically long story short she's having sex somebody else on her own time while I'm paying all of the bills and she lives without financial burden. I confronted her about It and she denies it, she said she brought it to the hotel she was staying at when she left last weekend and never used it....why tf did it even leave the house if you weren't planning to have sex. She claims it’s still in the bookbag she brought with her. And she doesn't know that I checked the bookbag just minutes before she lied to my Face and there was NONE in there. Straight up lied to my face. So I basically told her that if she plans on messing with somebody else while I put a roof over her head then she needs to pay some bills or she needs to keep her legs closed while she's relying on me..

I know I’m wrong at some point here. But I’ve gotta draw the line somewhere…see my profile for more background info on why we got divorced. And earlier today on my story on our financial situation.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

So this was posted around three weeks ago. We now have two new posts!

15 hours ago...

Wife wants a divorced, we separated but she wants to stay in the house while while I pay the bills for now?

7 hours ago...

Ex-wife having sex with somebody else while still living in my house

Stop posting on reddit and get a divorce lawyer you absolute moron!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Finding birth control cream in strange places: traumatizing

Weird place to finally draw a line after allowing her to steamroll over him but okay

There must be an iceberg of stuff going on with her OP isn’t good at articulating or picking up on if she used the dildo thing to explode a family and marriage and instantly start banging randos while also making him pay for everything. Guessing she already had affairs going on awhile.

E:

Dunno though it seems off thinking about it again. He seems weirdly controlling suddenly so maybe there’s tons of stuff he left out here.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 5, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Finding birth control cream in strange places: traumatizing

Weird place to finally draw a line after allowing her to steamroll over him but okay

There must be an iceberg of stuff going on with her OP isn’t good at articulating or picking up on if she used the dildo thing to explode a family and marriage and instantly start banging randos while also making him pay for everything. Guessing she already had affairs going on awhile.

E:

Dunno though it seems off thinking about it again. He seems weirdly controlling suddenly so maybe there’s tons of stuff he left out here.

Sometimes people are just mutual trainwrecks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for sitting on a man's hand after he refused to remove it from the empty seat?

Yet another woman guilty of the worst crime - making a man look bad for his own actions.

EDIT:

Pomme de Terror posted:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 5, 2022

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There is no home life that justifies harassment and unsolicited dickpix. Tell your friends to go gently caress themselves; 2-for-1 sale on acid vats, if needed.

I think the home life thing is more, you don't know if this person has an abusive parent who will use this trespass as an excuse to just rail on them

that said, i don't think 'their parents might possibly be abusive' is a solid enough reason not to defend yourself against harassment in the only manner you really have available so yeh, gently caress the friends.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My spouse used to tweet screenshots of messages like that. And when Vine was around I'd do dramatic readings of them.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
This guy either needs a lot of therapy, or there is something seriously hosed up going on.

AITA for telling my husband that I will call the cops if he left me alone with the kid he was supposed to be watching?

quote:

My husband M, 40 and I F, 34 live in an apartment complex. we both work full time but are free on certain days + the weekend. This is where we get to spend time together.

However, all that change around 2 months ago when he started bringing random kids (below school age) over to watch. Thing is he says these kids are his friends' children but I never met them before, he said some of the friends are from work and when I asked why he was watching them, he said he was just doing his friends a favor. I didn't mind at first since he used to bring one kid a week but what I noticed is that there's a new and different kid everyweek, My husband would cancel all our plans for free days & weekends and stays home to babysit. He even tried to get me to help him but I decided to stay out of it but it still affected our routine. I had to clean more often cause the kids would make huge messes and eat all the food.

Weeks ago on Sunday, I had a fight with him after he brought another kid and told me to stay home and watch her til he got back from church. I was going to visit my sick mom but he told me to cancel, I flipped out and told him to call his friend and tell him to come get his kid but he refused saying it would be rude so I offered to call said friend but he freaked out saying "don't even think about it". I flatout threatened to call the cops after he said he'd sneak out and force me to stay cause he know I can't leave a kid alone. He was shocked when I mentioned the cops and basically lost it on me saying I was trying to ruin his life with my pettiness then ranted about how him attending subday service was an emergency, I said the kid isn't my problem and then left.

When I returned, I found that he skipped going to church and stayed with the kid. He began yelling at me saying I'm rude, selfish, selfcentered and have no sense of responsibility, then brought up my threat to call the police saying I was trying to cause him issues when I could've helped him but since he doesn't even get paid then this is just a waste of time. After that we stopped talking and warned the 2 new kids to not speak to me or even tell me their names even.

AITA for my stance?

INFO/ It's worth mentioning that babysitting or offering to babysit is the norm for him, he used to babysit for his siblings kids for years before we moved. and also he's the type of man that is constantly offering help, he even goes people from his church who are in need and help them out. So I wasn't so surprised when he said he afford to babysit for his friends who also work with him since he said he has the weekends as free time. As for the kids they behave normally and talk about their parents all the time. My husband didn't neglect them or mistreat them before, he adores children but we can have any of our own and the frustration has never gone away and this is a bit of a soft spot for him.

INFO/ to answer an important question: yes I see the parents who come to pick their kids up, but I never met them before and never been introduced to them. Could be people from his church and he might be lying saying his friends kids to get me to agree to let him do it but I'm not sure.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

kntfkr posted:

every sneakerhead i've ever met has credit card debt the size of student loans

My sneakerhead cousin had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of sneakers and sunglasses and designer poo poo in his swanky London flat, and spent all his free time researching ways to buy more shoes, spent all his time talking about shoes, looked down on people who did not like shoes.

Then he got his long-suffering girlfriend pregnant with twins. Immediately and without being prompted, he sold every collectors item to buy a safe family car and a four-bed house in a pleasant village in Hertfordshire, and if you mention his shoe collection these days he gives you a mildly confused look, as if it happened to someone else and he was never involved personally. Weirdest personality shift I've ever encountered.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kurieg posted:

The thread has moved on to calling him creepy for buying his sister a sports bra that she had been looking for but couldn't find. And basically trying to pick out any justification that clearly this man was trying to gently caress his sister and the Ex is actually right.

It also seems to be a slow news week.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kurieg posted:

AITA for asking my sister to be a groomswoman?

I feel like this story buries the lede on, yet everyone seems to be ignoring, this bit here:

quote:

edit: sarahs dislike stems from her walking in on my sister and i cuddling.

Cuddling with your sister is loving weird! Did everyone else somehow miss this!?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No, we all saw it. You and the fiancée seem to be the only people that have an issue with it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Huh. Fair enough. I've never seen a person cuddle with their sibling before, so I'll take the L on this one.

Edit: I think I may have a different mental picture of cuddling.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Irisi posted:

My sneakerhead cousin had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of sneakers and sunglasses and designer poo poo in his swanky London flat, and spent all his free time researching ways to buy more shoes, spent all his time talking about shoes, looked down on people who did not like shoes.

Then he got his long-suffering girlfriend pregnant with twins. Immediately and without being prompted, he sold every collectors item to buy a safe family car and a four-bed house in a pleasant village in Hertfordshire, and if you mention his shoe collection these days he gives you a mildly confused look, as if it happened to someone else and he was never involved personally. Weirdest personality shift I've ever encountered.

That's awesome. Good for him!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for keeping all the money from mine and my wife's baby shower?

quote:

My wife (24 F) and I (29 M) are having our first baby boy. We are due in May, so we had our shower last weekend. Her family didn't really plan the whole thing other than decorating so I ended up purchasing a venue as I wanted to make a big deal of this to make my wife feel special.

I spent $2,500 on this venue which I was prepared to do and okay with. My wife wanted something smaller initially but I wanted to do the co ed thing and invite my friends and family too. After paying for the place, my account was depleted and I won't be paid again for 2 weeks. So I took all the cash we were given in cards and deposited into my account. We ended up getting about $1600, so I only ended up paying less than $1000 for the shower.

My wife is upset about this because she feels as if the money should be used for more baby things and not to "pay myself back", as she put it. I told her I can't just have $0 in my account for 2 weeks, and she said I should have thought of that before booking such a big space for the shower instead of doing something smaller like she originally wanted. She's also upset because a majority of the money came from her family. I honestly just assumed any money we got was going into paying for the shower, and she assumed it would be for whatever else we didn't get on our registry.

I can't help but feel like she is being ungrateful about the situation, but I also possibly should have planned ahead so I wouldn't be left with no money. I will probably use the money on baby stuff anyway, however I need gas and food money as well.

AITA here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fatty posted:

This guy either needs a lot of therapy, or there is something seriously hosed up going on.

AITA for telling my husband that I will call the cops if he left me alone with the kid he was supposed to be watching?

:stare:

Yep, that is some potentially seriously disturbing poo poo, and at best just a massively screwed up way to handle his actions and communication. I'd want to report that to someone the instant he brings home a kid and gets cagey about whose they are, never mind having it happen for months in a row.