Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Tangentially related: There's a show called Homestead Rescue, where an Off-The-Grid "expert" goes to people's Ruby Ridge style compounds and fixes their water lines and gardens etc.

One episode they go out to the Mojave desert where some dipshit ex marine built a metal shack for him, his wife, and their three dogs. There's no power, no running water, and it's out in wolf/coyote territory. The dogs got eaten within weeks. The wife looked full on dead inside and just explained her situation as "I gotta support my husband". The marine husband acted completely baffled that he couldn't handle things and his wife looks frankly suicidal.

Anyways the host gave them new plumbing and just seemingly ditched this poor woman out in the desert with her obviously unhinged husband and treated it like a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So I guess Elon Musk has a 9% share in Twitter and people are using their big brain on how he can use this to fix everything:
https://twitter.com/PresentWitness_/status/1510963338259230722?t=Vm6NlTsibD6qySSUudj_8w&s=19

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cleretic posted:

If Louis CK's problems 'weren't egregious enough' to be truly cancelled, whose are!?

R Kelly?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

nashona posted:

he's smarter than the average bear!
https://twitter.com/mathematicsprof/status/1270119912418181120

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Cleretic posted:

If Louis CK's problems 'weren't egregious enough' to be truly cancelled, whose are!?

Laura Loomer's pretty good at getting herself banned, he should ask her for tips.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Panfilo posted:

So I guess Elon Musk has a 9% share in Twitter and people are using their big brain on how he can use this to fix everything:
https://twitter.com/PresentWitness_/status/1510963338259230722?t=Vm6NlTsibD6qySSUudj_8w&s=19

ah yes bring back Donnie and other lovely regressives(?? this user mentions a bunch of names I never seen before, not sure if theyre all regressive shitpersons)

Also didnt Musk have some recently ramblings about him going Bender and starting his own twitter?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

PhazonLink posted:

Also didnt Musk have some recently ramblings about him going Bender and starting his own twitter?

Yeah, but then he remembered he can claim he'll invent something better and just buy into a company to do it for him instead.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/daniela127/status/1510041320148119560

lol despite doubling down on every tweet since she deleted

good thing i have a screenshot

Mx. has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Apr 5, 2022

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Panfilo posted:

Coincidentally this is also Tesla's version of the First Law of Robotics

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
why do people want to believe poo poo like this so badly

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7082789281881673006

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm a little mad he's trashtalking my legitimate concern and totally misrepresenting things, but I'm just too amused that he's TAKING A BUS FROM SEVERN TO PARRY SOUND to care. He's already cheating his own journey. What a dipshit.

You guys are missing the point, Yukon Ho! at least has the brains to take a bus at times, for about 60 miles of his 3000 mile trek....

Is he staying near the road because that's where the bus route is? and why start from Ontario? It's like the cross country guy again, "I'm going to take on this rigorous trek. These 20 miles walking through suburbia are just fine! I'm sure I'll make it!"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bismuth posted:

why do people want to believe poo poo like this so badly

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7082789281881673006

let me save everyone else's time and say this is not worth watching at all ever not even 1 second.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s extremely worth watching

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1511056990637891584?s=20&t=reMc9VBzjlHThu7DibGBIQ

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bottom Liner posted:

let me save everyone else's time and say this is not worth watching at all ever not even 1 second.

ok i'll summarize as much as I think i can understand but its so fuckin nuts I might not have gotten what shes saying:

-The Ethiopian calendar has 13 months, so its 2014 in Ethiopia

-Gregorian calendar started in 1582ad, while Ethiopian calendar started in 400ad "So they are obviously way more correct than we are"

-"They're living in 2014 and we're living in 2022? Is that why they say all time is simultaneous, like past present and future?"

-Gregorian 2020 = Ethiopian 2012, which means the Mayans were right about the world ending in 2012, they were just apparently using the Ethiopian calendar (?)

-Covid was at its PEAK January 2020

-The world ended December 31st 2019 and we have shifted into a new dimension which is why "everything is so different"

tl;dr: girl thinks Mayans were using Ethiopian calendar to predict the end of the world, and we shifted dimensions on new years 2020 and that caused covid

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You missed the couple of times she straight up read words and numbers incorrectly to fit her uh... theory

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mx. posted:

https://twitter.com/daniela127/status/1510041320148119560

lol despite doubling down on every tweet since she deleted

good thing i have a screenshot

she got fired earlier today for crashing the NYC mayor's press conference.

quote:

The Big Apple mom who crashed Mayor Eric Adams’ press conference Monday to blast him over his tot mask mandate was fired shortly afterward from her job at the city Law Department, The Post has learned.

Daniela Jampel, who served as an assistant corporation counsel, learned she was canned less than an hour after she confronted a caught-off-guard and apparently annoyed Adams over when he would “unmask our toddlers.”

Jampel had publicly challenged the mayor at an unrelated event on LGBTQ issues — as Adams stood in front of a podium banner that read, “Come to the city where you can say whatever you want.’’

Three weeks ago, you told parents to trust you that you would unmask our toddlers,” Jampel told the mayor.

You stood right here, and you said that the masks would come off April 4. That has not happened.”

The Law Department’s spokesman confirmed to The Post that Jampel was terminated Monday, although the rep said the decision to fire her was made “prior to today.

“We hold all of our employees to the highest professional standards. In public statements, Ms. Jampel has made troubling claims about her work for the city Law Department. Based on those statements, the decision had been made to terminate her prior to today,” the spokesman said.

“Today’s events, however, which include her decision to lie to City Hall staff and state she was a journalist at a press conference, demonstrate a disturbing lack of judgment and integrity. As of today, she is no longer an employee of the Law Department.”

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Since there’s no way I’ll ever willingly click a TikTok link, is that the same girl who tried to argue that the Roman Empire never existed?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
drat, already found a new idiot

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bismuth posted:

time cube but with Ethiopian and Gregorian calendars

strong time cube energy.

Also nerds playing games with calendars is an ancient game, like whats her opinion when we skipped 11 days in 1852.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bargearse posted:

Since there’s no way I’ll ever willingly click a TikTok link, is that the same girl who tried to argue that the Roman Empire never existed?

haha

there are quite a number of historical fantasists on tiktok it's wild out there. sometimes they intersect with parallel dimension travellers or time travellers.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Bismuth posted:

drat, already found a new idiot

I’ve never been spoken to like this in all my life sir

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol yessssssss

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bargearse posted:

I’ve never been spoken to like this in all my life sir

I hope you shut your eyes when people post gifs/mp4s/youtubes that originated on tiktok

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just lol if you open-eye browse

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hollandia posted:

I absolutely thought the phrase beaver fever was a joke of some kind, that is a crazy way to refer to giardiasis

And I heard it from a cartoon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=for0u9yFcrI

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Bismuth posted:

I hope you shut your eyes when people post gifs/mp4s/youtubes that originated on tiktok

I don’t even read threads before replying buddy !!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Data Graham posted:

Everybody I meet tells me I'm an idiot, drat the world is full of stupid people

Well, meet me at the mission at midnight, we'll divvy up there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Laying out my belt buckle and taking a picture like it's tacticool gear.

He'll be fine. Look right there. An orange, a banana, and a single egg. He's good to go.

The loving weed and edibles.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zesty posted:

Laying out my belt buckle and taking a picture like it's tacticool gear.

He'll be fine. Look right there. An orange, a banana, and a single egg. He's good to go.

The loving weed and edibles.
Why would he need to pack more eggs? That's obviously just for the first morning, after that he can forage them from wild chickens.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

I'm ignoring the 80 posts after this to say that is a St Patricks Day handtowel from Dollarama in 2014, I know because I have one laying around. I know I know, the glass bong, but this tells me he knows more than anything he is completely out to lunch. Also the 3 pairs of non hiking socks.

Also the loving OCS weed? He could have an Oz on him of way better wed for less money lmao

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mister Speaker you have to update us when Mr. Yukon inevitably goes missing.

Or comes back two days later after his feet got sore from the walking and he never mentions the Yukon hike again.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I just can't wrap my head around how little stuff that is. Where are the rest of your blankets? Where are the rest of your CLOTHES? Forget bears, he's going to loving freeze to death on the first night. Starvation too, since I see roughly half a meal's worth of food, but that takes longer to die from.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vib Rib posted:

I just can't wrap my head around how little stuff that is. Where are the rest of your blankets? Where are the rest of your CLOTHES? Forget bears, he's going to loving freeze to death on the first night. Starvation too, since I see roughly half a meal's worth of food, but that takes longer to die from.

If he somehow doesn't die from exposure first (edit: or bears) he'll die from dehydration long before starvation is a factor.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I just watched a presentation by a person planning to hike from Mexico to Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail

~2,650 miles, ~4,250 km, four month plan

But they actually have resupply points figured out in advance, and while they certainly haven't hiked that far in one go before, they have done 20 miles in a day before and understand that running out of water is a real risk.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FFT posted:

I just watched a presentation by a person planning to hike from Mexico to Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail

~2,650 miles, ~4,250 km, four month plan

But they actually have resupply points figured out in advance, and while they certainly haven't hiked that far in one go before, they have done 20 miles in a day before and understand that running out of water is a real risk.

Pshaw I just carry around two glass pitchers and some surgical tubing and I’m fine in Fallout

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vib Rib posted:

You cut open the bear and sleep inside the carcass. I saw it on an episode of star wars

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Remember that bit in Forrest Gump where he just starts running across America (a bunch of people have done this, but they have sponsorship and people in cars carrying supplies for them, they don't just say "I'm gonna run across America")?

I think some people think Forrest Gump is a documentary.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

christmas boots posted:

You cut open the bear and sleep inside the carcass. I saw it on an episode of star wars

nah that would only keep you lukewarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

nashona posted:

nah that would only keep you lukewarm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M