Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dax rules so hard

I hope his back gets better soon. That suplex to the floor was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Madden could be a decent person IRL for all I know, but he's absolutely leaning into the troll poo poo online to stay relevant within the industry that left him behind years ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Madden could be a decent person IRL for all I know, but he's absolutely leaning into the troll poo poo online to stay relevant within the industry that left him behind years ago.

Definitely does not seem like a decent person IRL, at least from people who have encountered him at sports bars.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I never watched WCW so I didn't know who Mark Madden was until I moved to Pittsburgh and asked my friend about the loud man next to us at Piper's complaining about the Steelers signing black players.

MassRafTer posted:

Definitely does not seem like a decent person IRL, at least from people who have encountered him at sports bars.

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Buckner29966932/status/1511024775891759106

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is Mark Madden the one who suddenly got super anti-AEW when he was at a show getting attention to himself and nobody gave a poo poo or knew who he was?

Edit: Holy poo poo, that is some A+ level awful posting

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You shouldn't sign your posts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think this is the all time psycho poo poo champion

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

You shouldn't sign your posts.

I'm B+ at best

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Is Mark Madden the one who suddenly got super anti-AEW when he was at a show getting attention to himself and nobody gave a poo poo or knew who he was?

Madden was pretty anti-AEW, then went to the two August shows in Pittsburgh and seemed super happy to be getting attention and media guests, was briefly pro AEW, and then went back to his tired talking points.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

How could anyone not remember his all-time great catchphrase, "Snoochie Boochies"?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Madden was pretty anti-AEW, then went to the two August shows in Pittsburgh and seemed super happy to be getting attention and media guests, was briefly pro AEW, and then went back to his tired talking points.

Oh okay. I remember hearing someone did that but can't remember who

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Is the assumption that he was fishing for a job and didn't get one, because that's my read

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm sure I've said "nothing will ever top this one" many times in this thread but "the wrestling I like is similar to mass death and literal cancer" is something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also JobberNation tacitly admitting they didn't think wrestling was fun

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Watching Wrestlemania is just as cool as dropping nukes.
:patriot:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the assumption that he was fishing for a job and didn't get one, because that's my read

No, it's that he likes being paid attention to and getting AEW guests but the second people aren't paying attention to him he reverts to form.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1510439342933688321

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Huffing Joe Arpaio's farts is bad for your cognitive development.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does... does he think people wanted Cody to turn heel in real life? Or does he not understand work vs shoot?

It's like calling people hypocrites for cheering PAC when he was Mighty Mouse in WWE and then booing him when he joined R.E.D in a totally different company.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Does... does he think people wanted Cody to turn heel in real life? Or does he not understand work vs shoot?

It's like calling people hypocrites for cheering PAC when he was Mighty Mouse in WWE and then booing him when he joined R.E.D in a totally different company.

We were all waiting for <actor x> to go bad in <movie y> but now in <movie z> he was the hero! Suck on that, film critics!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

RAW ending in a huge wet fart? Good business.
https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1511177119308693504?s=20&t=UAVxuRO50-Kooi67t8v4bg
https://twitter.com/WrestlinAspect/status/1511177620016226307?s=20&t=ozo0iudDNC-2QACCG6tDaw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

or be a woman that dares to gainsay him.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
some of the biggest marks are in cornys youtube comments lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Cornette's been pulling the "FTR should just totally go in there and shoot on everyone" line since the day they signed with AEW because for some reason he's convinced they secretly hate it as much as he does and are there to sabotage it from within or some poo poo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1511139136110956549?t=V7u-LTVETT-7ANEvi_Ow1w&s=19

Cody, unappreciated.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I've dealt with their ilk before in Pro wrestling, I say with a sigh as I unsheath my katana.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This made me chuckle

https://mobile.twitter.com/george_cabeen/status/1511162460543324170

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol at the idea of the Bucks "politicking their way into a top spot" as opposed to "being so enduringly popular that they founded a company that got a TV deal"

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The AEPodcast guys made a comment about if they ever make a comment about him either he or one or more of his followers will inevitably respond with something about how he made it and they didn't. Definitely not a nice guy.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't know why people would act surprised or incredulous that there are AEW fans whining about cody being a TRAITOR

liking AEW and/or disliking WWE aren't guarantees that a person isn't a loony. the people happiest about the shots he used to take at WWE are going to be real furious that he went back there, and its funny.

as for me, i just want my howie wowie :shobon:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Literally two nights later, WWE wheels him out in a Codybox and makes him look like an rear end. Two nights!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Pairing Omos with a manager is absolutely necessary but why did WWE have to choose MVP? MVP and Lashley have been such a great fit together.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Pairing Omos with a manager is absolutely necessary but why did WWE have to choose MVP? MVP and Lashley have been such a great fit together.

They’ve had Malcolm Bivens in development for over 3 years.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

D.N. Nation posted:

Literally two nights later, WWE wheels him out in a Codybox and makes him look like an rear end. Two nights!

I was just thinking that myself as well, they literally made him look like more of a doofus on Monday night than he ever did in AEW

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

D.N. Nation posted:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I was just thinking that myself as well, they literally made him look like more of a doofus on Monday night than he ever did in AEW
Check the time of that tweet, Alfred posted that after his opening Raw segment, not after his Wrestlemania debut. He's praising the Codybox/Monday night segment.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Edge & Christian posted:

Check the time of that tweet, Alfred posted that after his opening Raw segment, not after his Wrestlemania debut. He's praising the Codybox/Monday night segment.

You know, I should be surprised at that, but I'm honestly not

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You know, I should be surprised at that, but I'm honestly not

Gotta work hard or those charcuterie boards won't be so dope rear end anymore.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Gotta work hard or those charcuterie boards won't be so dope rear end anymore.

Any charcuterie board owned by Nasty is by definition a dope rear end charcuterie board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

the Hurt Business ruled, so they split them up and then split MVP from Lashley and made Bobby a smiley doofus babyface again.