Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

which LCCP are you with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Dustcat posted:

i'm glad they're forming a task force to develop a plan to prevent long covid
Hopefully they don’t all forget to attend

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

oh weird, I found this quote they’re planning on using to address the people with Long Covid:

“You don’t have it.”

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

the task force will simply determine long covid is mild, and over anyway.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Didn’t get PCR+ confirmation of your infection? lol get hosed, serf

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Captain Magic posted:

oh weird, I found this quote they’re planning on using to address the people with Long Covid:

“You don’t have it.”

that's fake actually, this is the real one:

quote:

That isn't a real condition.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Loud part: Forming a task force
Quiet part: To figure out how to duck all liability for all the people we've hurt and how to allow insurers to renege on any and all claims

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
long covid more like wrong covid.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Well if they're only testing a narrow selection of people wouldn't that just mean we have no idea what the positivity rate is? Like what if it's like 90%, I'm going to assume it's 90%

And that would be why the sewage data is much better for seeing how things are going.

We’re at the worst part of the pandemic but only beating last year by about twenty percent. :toot:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Plan A: pretend it's not a problem
Plan B: suggest people try to avoid it while pumping covid into their homes

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Plan A: pretend it's not a problem
Plan B: suggest people try to avoid it while pumping covid into their homes

Plan C: tell people they should have been born with the correct genes

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Guy behind me coughing in class, said he didn’t get tested because he already had covid. Lmao. N95 aside, now I get to worry about ocular transmission

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pink Mist posted:

Guy behind me coughing in class, said he didn’t get tested because he already had covid. Lmao. N95 aside, now I get to worry about ocular transmission

you should be worried about instant transmission

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
people of schools can't get covid, and it's mild anyway

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

in my case, I think I would be the lower risk one, because my nurse’s other baby is in a plastic cube and mine has been tube and IV free for two or three days now

the baby’s latest drama is she bottle-feeds with such gusto that she forgets to breathe, Jfc, truly she is my daughter. what a good American she will be.

she was going to go HOME today but instead she had to pass out* sucking down formula to the point where she was actually eating less and lost a little weight

now we are hoping for tomorrow. ugh please gdi let me get my family out of this Covid nest

*not really, she just had oxygen levels go down (which is bad enough)

Hang in there brother. Our youngest did his time in the NICU, if I remember correctly we had that same drop in oxygen and he had to stay another few days.

All this chat is bringing up some memories I had shut out. The covid restrictions made it so my wife couldn't leave, only I could visit her, and I was basically a single parent for 2 months and our oldest never saw his mother.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Cup Runneth Over posted:

you should be worried about instant transmission

Instant what now?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pink Mist posted:

Instant what now?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

rip goku, died of heart problems after catching covid via instant transmission

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

So the humongous box of masks I bought at the beginning of the pandemic is finally looking a little low. Any place got really good deals on Auras at the moment? I haven't had to restock since March 2020 so I've never tried them and want to know why they're the hotness.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Gunshow Poophole posted:

… again, only in the state of New Hampshire

lmao
!remindme 1 month

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Didn't see this mentioned in the thread so, if you got J&J for your first shot you're now eligible for a SECOND booster, 4 months after your first booster.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0328-covid-19-boosters.html

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Louisgod posted:

long covid more like wrong covid.

in cadence of “wrong kid died”:] wrong Covid mutated

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

lol Walgreens doesn't let you book appointments for second immunocompromised doses if you're under 50. Walk ins only and not all of them accept walk ins

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

redreader posted:

Didn't see this mentioned in the thread so, if you got J&J for your first shot you're now eligible for a SECOND booster, 4 months after your first booster.

it is incredible that they sat on announcing the need for boosters until right as the free vaccination program was expiring

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

redreader posted:

if I got an mRNA booster and a J&J initial am I eligible. or is this just for the even more foolish people who got a J&J and then a J&J booster.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Greg Legg posted:

Hang in there brother. Our youngest did his time in the NICU, if I remember correctly we had that same drop in oxygen and he had to stay another few days.

All this chat is bringing up some memories I had shut out. The covid restrictions made it so my wife couldn't leave, only I could visit her, and I was basically a single parent for 2 months and our oldest never saw his mother.

woooof that must have sucked, drat dude

yeah I feel very grateful that so far she is basically stable and I get to keep my mini-corsi cube in there with her 24/7.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

So the humongous box of masks I bought at the beginning of the pandemic is finally looking a little low. Any place got really good deals on Auras at the moment? I haven't had to restock since March 2020 so I've never tried them and want to know why they're the hotness.

I haven't looked in a week or more, but nah. Pretty sure everyone is sold out/backordered (until May 23 for some vendors). Of the 9210+, at least.

You can certainly still find 9205+ masks, and some people go through the trouble of swapping the headbands for better material.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

pissinthewind posted:

the task force will simply determine long covid is mild, and over anyway.

"Every long* COVID sufferer got it from wild type which is now extinct."

*2+ years

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

Oh my god we finally got the "after so many waves all the mice died" variant

Ten dead mice. Ten dead mice.
See their cheese lungs. See their cheese lungs.
They all died after the covid spike,
which shut off their brains and hearts last night,
while we were succ-fuckin without fright
*cough* Ten dead mice

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I haven't looked in a week or more, but nah. Pretty sure everyone is sold out/backordered (until May 23 for some vendors). Of the 9210+, at least.

You can certainly still find 9205+ masks, and some people go through the trouble of swapping the headbands for better material.

Yeah, I've got an enormous melon so the 9205s would probably break super easy for me. Fortunately I should be able to make it into the summer with what I've got left; hopefully the good ones will restock before then.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Atrocious Joe posted:

if I got an mRNA booster and a J&J initial am I eligible. or is this just for the even more foolish people who got a J&J and then a J&J booster.

Looks like it's for the J&J two-timers.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Not reading the thread after the massive psychic damage I took from the last one. Got 3rd shot in December. Partial moderna after Pfizer 1 and 2. Observed vascular changes past few months (bigger dick). Should I get a 4th shot? Getting on a plane in a week

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

U-DO Burger posted:

rip goku, died of heart problems after catching covid via instant transmission

its fine he'll be back

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Not reading the thread after the massive psychic damage I took from the last one. Got 3rd shot in December. Partial moderna after Pfizer 1 and 2. Observed vascular changes past few months (bigger dick). Should I get a 4th shot? Getting on a plane in a week

If you qualify and can afford it. wear eye protection on the plane

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sounds like they're "Finnished"! lol

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

Yeah, I've got an enormous melon so the 9205s would probably break super easy for me. Fortunately I should be able to make it into the summer with what I've got left; hopefully the good ones will restock before then.

these shipped fast for me, i got my case in last friday. more $$$$ than other suppliers, but worked for me. (*also no tax/free shipping, so that took away some sting)

I thought I'd heard they were OOS.

https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.com/3m-9210-aura-n95-particulate-respirator-niosh-approved-case-of-240-each-freeship/

I might've seen another link to an in-stock case the other day, but IDK.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

its fine he'll be back

Just like America

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

i just got 5 boxes of 9211s (vented auras) delivered from RS Hughes today. they also have the 9205s at $1.23 each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Atrocious Joe posted:

They don't have guidance for people dumb enough to get J&J twice. (I max titered a j&j shot :D ). I told my wife and she'll get an appointment soon for her second mrna booster and if she has problems I'll tell you about it.

edit: no sorry the other poster was right:

"Separately and in addition, based on newly published data, adults who received a primary vaccine and booster dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months ago may now receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine."

redreader has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Apr 5, 2022