Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Biden is sending Switchblades to Ukraine right now you disingenuous fucker!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-04/u-s-switchblade-drones-for-ukraine-will-include-tank-killers

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, having a passing knowledge of Sinfest, this is hilariously bad.

Seymour started as a joke character that no one respected or listened to. He was an annoying preacher character that hated Satan and all this 'evil' and was just a fundie rear end in a top hat to laugh at.

And then he gets this whole redemption arc where he starts to realize that preaching at people doesn't work, that you should treat people with kindness and respect, and that the world is more complex than his weird obsession.

I fell out of reading it around then (don't remember the exact year. 2012? 2013?) and only read it here where I can deal with the stupidity second-hand.

And now we're right back to his original self. Dude took a decade-long lap right back into being a joke character and a fundie rear end in a top hat.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:pwn:

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

i cannot believe i laughed at a mallard loving fillmore

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
fishman is capable of being funny. he doesn't have noticeably better politics than tinsley, but he manages that much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uh, Mikey, what country do Javelin missiles come from?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

J.A.B.C. posted:

And now we're right back to his original self. Dude took a decade-long lap right back into being a joke character and a fundie rear end in a top hat.
Yes, but now Ishida wants us to agree with him.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: worst gaslighting, as others have mentioned above.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Thread title giving me false hope

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Scott Stantis

Tony Branco

What "emergency" is the petroleum being saved for? It clearly isn't meant for a situation where oil and gas prices start soaring due to international situations, so what emergency is it for? No, no, I'll wait.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Randalor posted:

What "emergency" is the petroleum being saved for? It clearly isn't meant for a situation where oil and gas prices start soaring due to international situations, so what emergency is it for? No, no, I'll wait.

Technically it's there in case of a global war with an opponent that can credible contest the sea lanes with America. So the USSR 40 years ago or China in 15-20.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I just now realized that that's just the way Clay Jones draws talking mouths; I thought everyone in his comics was screaming at the top of their lungs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Neito posted:

I just now realized that that's just the way Clay Jones draws talking mouths; I thought everyone in his comics was screaming at the top of their lungs.

True, but also those were kids in the last comic so if they're talking they're probably screaming

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Neito posted:

Say what you like about Clay Jones, he's tuned in to politics well enough to understand everyone should be screaming all of the time

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Wow, switchblades? He should be giving them guns :smuggo:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the killing of civilians in Ukraine – EU leaders have denounced ‘massacres’, ‘atrocities’ and ‘possible genocide’ as the Kremlin flatly rejected all responsibility"

Telegraph:

Easter travel chaos as delays and cancellations hit BA, EasyJet, Eurostar and Dover

Matt:

Airlines blame Government for Easter travel chaos

Independent:

Times:

PM ‘didn’t lie about parties, he was misled by his staff’

Evening Standard:

Channel 4 ‘disappointed’ as Government proceeds with privatisation plans

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If Biden is sending billions of dollars in aid and weapons to Ukraine, why do I keep loudly insisting he isn't?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison's court win as appeal against NSW Liberal pre-selections dismissed (ABC). Morrison's allies managed to hold off the grassroot selection process for long enough that Morrison stepped in to hand-pick the candidates he wanted. This court case was a major thing hurdle before calling the election because otherwise a lot of NSW would not have Liberal candidates. Meanwhile a large chunk of the NSW Liberals are bloody furious with the PM right now, a bold strategy before a federal election.

Rowe:

Scott Morrison with the treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Anthony Albanese with the shadow treasurer Jim Chalmers. Chalmers gave a Press Club speech yesterday.

Warren Brown:

Lethbridge 1:

The names on the rakes are Liberals who have called Scott Morrison either a lying bully or a lying racist bully.

Lethbridge 2:

Debate begins on what animal should be mascot for 2032 Brisbane Olympics (ABC). Queensland Tourism Minister Stirling Hinchliffe is supporting the ibis.

Knight:

'Very worried': Peter Dutton announces fast-tracked $3.5bn missile package amid Indo-Pacific concerns (SBS).
The submarine is Clive Palmer, Queenslander mining billionaire who owns the United Australia Party and since COVID it has morphed into a freedom freedom freedom anti-vaxxer party which is blanketing every medium with their yellow ads.

Spooner:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

“M-I-C-K-E -Y T-R-A-N-S” MICKEY TRANS, MICKEY TRANS!

Welcome to Disneyland, where they say “Dreamers” instead of “boys and girls”.

Welcome to Disneyland, where multiple Disney employees have been arrested for child sex crimes every year for the last ten years.

Welcome to Disneyland where they openly state they have been inserting gay and queer propaganda into their shows for children and plan to ramp it up even more.

Welcome to Disneyland where they plan to fight the “Parental Rights Law” passed by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Welcome to Disneyland where Disney employees were caught in a child sex trafficking sting JUST LAST MONTH.

Disney plans on drowning our children in LGBTQ+ content at an early age. Their “oh so woke” agenda has been exposed big time since Disney decided to go full woketard when the “Parental Rights in Education” bill passed and was signed into law.

Oops! Disney, your “rat” tail is showing!

Expect the Disney PR machine to thunder into full rescue mode, but they will not be able to stop the whirlwind of bad woke PR that they themselves have caused.

Parents are already responding by canceling their Disney vacations and cruises, selling their Disney stock and banning Disney’s steaming service from their homes.

That is a good first step. We must keep up the pressure on Disney and convince our “normie” friends and relatives to do the same. Remember Disney is a HUGE corporation and owns many companies:

By TitleMax.com

ABC
ESPN (80% stake)
Touchstone Pictures
Marvel
Lucasfilm
A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Pixar
Hollywood Records
Vice Media (10% stake)
Core Publishing

Besides these, there are also the more obvious companies: Disney television channels, Disney stores, Disney radio stations, and Disney parks (including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other vacation-related properties). Their parks and properties tend to be the corporation’s biggest cash cows.

These MEGA corporations need to be broken up and their power taken away.

No “Mouse” is going to tell me how to live or think!

Plan accordingly,

Tina

Libertarian capitalists calling for trust busting.

Never interfere with ✨THE FREE MARKET!✨ (Unless they do something I don't like!!)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Raised By Birds posted:

Never interfere with ✨THE FREE MARKET!✨ (Unless they do something I don't like!!)

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry LGBT+

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do not show me donald duck's nut

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

by Yuriy Zhuravel https://www.facebook.com/Zhuravelll/posts/534326898053597

Neito posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry LGBT+
I'm embarrassed that it took me until an article linked a page or two ago to get just how strongly the right is pushing "Liberals = pro-gay = pro-trans = pro-pedophile". Going right back to the 70's well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Careful, fangs are a powerful symbol. You don't want to overuse them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BLOOD SCOOTER

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Never been so stoked to open the blood gates.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

this is a good one

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I didn't try to tap the play button, but my brain strongly signaled I should for a moment there.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"We should be judged by the content of our character rather than the color of our skin!"

"No....not like that!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"We should be judged by the content of our character rather than the color of our skin!"

"No....not like that!"
They always assume their opponents are just as racist as they are, but in reverse (so against white people and for black people). Ditto every other bigotry. So when they get any minority voice whatsoever on their side they really expect the other side to trip over themselves about it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Chip Bok

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

O.Y.M. would make a good animated avatar. Just cycling through topics.

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Got a feeling Disney "going woke" isn't going to do them much harm. Like Gillette. Or Keurig. Or Nike.

Matt Wuerker

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No! Not 'Gaffes'!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I fuckin love when conservatives put "division" among their complaints.
Like... what were you expecting, exactly?

Not even getting into how Trump said he'd be a unifier and then that never happened, I just mean "division" is your way of saying "me and my friends hate him" so it's kind of inevitable eh?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Vib Rib posted:

I fuckin love when conservatives put "division" among their complaints.
Like... what were you expecting, exactly?

Not even getting into how Trump said he'd be a unifier and then that never happened, I just mean "division" is your way of saying "me and my friends hate him" so it's kind of inevitable eh?

Quit being so divisive! :argh:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

This would be an actual good Ramirez if he wasn't so desperately dedicated to making his stuff busy as poo poo. Somehow better than basically all of these Putin War Crime cartoons, at the very least, but to be fair it really does have to be hard to come up with something to address what's coming out of Ukraine right now that has any impact and isn't cringe beyond belief.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I appreciate Carmen’s devotion to never utter anything that could be considered an “idea” even while entering a literal debate.

I’m sure the next cycle will be another week of her bitching that no one is giving her a seat for free despite her having the Correct Opinions, which should be the only thing that matters. No you don’t get to hear her opinions don’t be crazy.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
"We deliberately underfunded all of these essential services and now they can't keep up, that means we should cut them more"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Oh no, please, whatever you do, don't break up all the megacorporations! As a delicate snowflake liberal, it would really trigger me! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Trans-Democracy

Ted Rall posted:

The United States identifies as a democracy but it behaves like an authoritarian duopoly. Is it too late to transition?

First Dog on the Moon: A tiny group of wealthy people refuse to stop making more money in order to save the planet