Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

There's also these two
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1511399233689116682?s=20&t=BY-BRKK--nZGxvg6A1QgcA

https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1511434191614971909?s=20&t=BY-BRKK--nZGxvg6A1QgcA

Looks like an alternative Reserve boss and Lighthouse boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Kikas posted:

There's also these two

Looks like an alternative Reserve boss and Lighthouse boss?

I think they are all lighthouse Rogue bosses, and lighthouse expansion is gonna be the cultist sniper.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Yeah, looks like all three are in the rogue area on Lighthouse - Big Pipe's in front of the... eastern? building, Birdeye's on the big rock beyond the eastern wall, and skull-face-man is next to the chopper pad (the chopper is cock-eyed; the Reserve helicopter is parked parallel with the building walls).

Or not! I dunno.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 5, 2022

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pharmaskittle posted:

Love to sniff my fingers while on a swivel for hostiles

He's smoking a pipe

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

El Jebus posted:

I think they are all lighthouse Rogue bosses, and lighthouse expansion is gonna be the cultist sniper.

3 bosses on one map? :monocle:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

Late wipe Interchange every day.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Welp, it's good to hear the development team is alive and well. My only thing, there haven't been any changes to any of the game modes. Personally, I think this game would be phenomenal if they had a CS-like game mode or raids with more players... or is that the point of streets?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Welp, it's good to hear the development team is alive and well. My only thing, there haven't been any changes to any of the game modes. Personally, I think this game would be phenomenal if they had a CS-like game mode or raids with more players... or is that the point of streets?

Arena supposedly will eventually exist as literally exactly CS mode; per round weapon/equipement/loadout buys, separate economy from main game, no looting just shooting. Of course they first talked about Arena in like early 2017 and then haven't said (much of?) anything about it since mid-2020.

Streets is supposed to have something like 40+ PMCs when it's finally complete? But they're releasing it piecemeal whenever they do get around to it so it could be months or years before that happens after the first Streets release.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

on the stream they did last week, arena was on the map select screen and nikita said its still being worked on but they want to release it this year. so look forward to arena in 2024.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

CLARPUS posted:

on the stream they did last week, arena was on the map select screen and nikita said its still being worked on but they want to release it this year. so look forward to arena in 2024.

Arena had been on their last several dev streams. Pestily even commented on it in his last stream wrap up video. Essentially saying to not even think of it as a thing until they give more info on it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Zipperelli. posted:

No way, 3 bosses on one map would be stupid.

There will be 4. 3 Rogues and the Cultist Sniper. :colbert:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Tried playing this again for the first time since the week of the wipe thinking I was going to just slot back in and do fine.

Annnnyyyway my stash is finally cleared out.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Hit level 27 and I have a total of 5 PMC kills. There is literally no way I'll ever be able to do the "Kill 3 PMC's with a pistol," much less the "Friend From the West pt. 1"

Come to think of it, I've never completed those quests. Ever.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but this just locks off a huge chunk of the game for me because I can't unlock PK or do some Skier quests.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

You should be able to get them by drunkenly hip firing at hatchetmans in factory.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Hit level 27 and I have a total of 5 PMC kills. There is literally no way I'll ever be able to do the "Kill 3 PMC's with a pistol," much less the "Friend From the West pt. 1"

Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but this just locks off a huge chunk of the game for me because I can't unlock PK or do some Skier quests.

Honestly, do your scav runs for cash and use it to put together cheapo loadouts for Factory runs. The only way you get better at PvP is by doing PvP and Factory is the best way of doing that. You can barter for an MMAC for about 50k which is just about the cheapest way to get a half-decent tier 4 armor, buy a double-barrel for less than 10k, and stuff your pockets with 8.5mm magnum buck (for leg meta) or 6.5mm express buck (for head-eyes seeking). If you're feeling extra spicy, you don't even need the armor, but for about ~60k total (which you should easily be able to get from a scav run without even looting anything) you can make a loadout that has respectable stopping power and decent enough armor to give you some longevity in a protracted firefight.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
The worst part about Battle Royal games is that the long wait from dying to getting back in a game. I remember 3 minutes being unbearable.

Now with EFT it takes like 10 minutes. Every time I die I'm mad not cause of the stuff I lost, but because of the effort I'll have to go through to re-equip my guy. This game really needs a saved loadout system, like it has a saved gun loadout. Cause it takes forever to re-equip your character.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

If you just get yourself reasonably close to someone and hipfire spray then you'll get the kills. Just stop trying to ADS. Point fire is way better than most games.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Charles 1998 posted:

The worst part about Battle Royal games is that the long wait from dying to getting back in a game. I remember 3 minutes being unbearable.

Now with EFT it takes like 10 minutes. Every time I die I'm mad not cause of the stuff I lost, but because of the effort I'll have to go through to re-equip my guy. This game really needs a saved loadout system, like it has a saved gun loadout. Cause it takes forever to re-equip your character.

Get bags, put in your stash, and fill each up with a loadout. Then when you die put the contents of the bag on your guy.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Get bags, put in your stash, and fill each up with a loadout. Then when you die put the contents of the bag on your guy.

:stare:

gently caress

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Pharmaskittle posted:

That just shifts the time spent from between each round to before all the rounds. It's still the same amount of time.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Charles 1998 posted:

That just shifts the time spent from between each round to before all the rounds. It's still the same amount of time.

It's still the same amount of time but you can do it all at once. Just set aside 20 minutes to make 5 kits, and then you can just slam rounds back to back until you blow through those 5 kits. I agree that it's not as good as having a single button you could click that would buy a loadout and stick it on your guy, but it does solve the problem of having to do anything between rounds.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think a lot of it too is that I've been playing this stupid game since 2017 and I still can't ever see who kills me, or it's always some corner camper in a dark room or some such foolishness. I can count on one hand the amount of firefights I've been in where I've even gotten a glimpse of who was curbstomping me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Zipperelli. posted:

lol ...

it'll come to you one day, but you should probably play more aggressively to get fighting experience.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Zipperelli. posted:

I think a lot of it too is that I've been playing this stupid game since 2017 and I still can't ever see who kills me, or it's always some corner camper in a dark room or some such foolishness. I can count on one hand the amount of firefights I've been in where I've even gotten a glimpse of who was curbstomping me.

:weary: at least you're having fun right?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Going to... 5th? the people telling you to start playing more aggressively. You've presumably got the defensive rat + scav murdering part of gameplay more or less down, so start doing stuff that'll get you into fights - rush high traffic areas when you have good spawns, move towards gunfire, play factory, etc. Basically just repeatedly go into raids with your primary goal being taking down PMCs. You'll undoubtedly die a lot, but everyone does and it really is how you get better.

Zipperelli. posted:

I mean a lot of fights in this game are short, one-sided ambushes, that's sort of the nature of the beast. It's just that you should be doing your own fair share of the ambushing, and if you're playing passively/avoiding fights then it makes complete sense that you'll rarely see the people who kill you - if you know where they are first/simultaneously you're likely going to dip and avoid them! Sneaking around slowly also can up your chances of getting blasted without retaliation, because while you're hard to detect it's even harder to play completely silently, and when someone does detect you (or happens upon you at an awkward moment) it's generally trivial to set a trap or line up a shot on a slow moving target.

Idk, maybe I'm off base and you're genuinely hopeless (or need to adjust your gamma and audio settings/setup) or so utterly careless about your audio cues + corner checking that everyone can get one over on you, but (caveats about changes to average skill level over the course of a wipe aside) this game is full of mediocre players and I truly doubt you're uniquely awful at PvP.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Colour and contrast made an enormous difference for me, but so did storming Interchange and deciding to stand and fight rather than avoid conflict. Hulking out works.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Toalpaz posted:

:weary: at least you're having fun right?

I am! I genuinely enjoy this janky piece of Russian poo poo and have for almost 5 years now; but like I said, the PvP for me is impossible and I just can't make it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
My monitor has pre set modes and I maxed out the brightness and back light for one of the modes. Now when I play on night I just click that button on my monitor and it turns on op vision.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Zipperelli. posted:

I am! I genuinely enjoy this janky piece of Russian poo poo and have for almost 5 years now; but like I said, the PvP for me is impossible and I just can't make it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What made it click for me was running into factory over and over with just a shotgun and a handful of magnum. Leg meta is real.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've died 9 raids in a row now to "head, eyes" on factory.

I haven't seen a PMC, yet 8 of the aforementioned raids I've died to a PMC according to the post-raid screen.

What the absolute hell am I doing wrong? How am I supposed to kill people I can't see? This patch seems to be the worst yet in terms of just getting absolutely dragged every single time I load in.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

I haven't seen a PMC, yet 8 of the aforementioned raids I've died to a PMC according to the post-raid screen.

What the absolute hell am I doing wrong? How am I supposed to kill people I can't see? This patch seems to be the worst yet in terms of just getting absolutely dragged every single time I load in.

Don't sprint everywhere for one. If someone can hear you coming, chances are they'll also see you before you see them.

I'm not particularly comfortable with recoil control on full auto guns, so I tend to run a lot of sr25s, m1as etc. Gotta make your shots count, but when they do hit they hit hard.

Being more comfortable using semi auto means I love shotguns. I've always dreaded doing setup and silent caliber, but this wipe, it's been way more successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTVEDKIVWk

Here's me getting a quick triple kill on some dudes id spotted down at the bus depot on customs, so I just waited patiently for them to come to me.

I still think I'm awful at pvp, I'm level 41 and have like 80 pmc kills total this wipe, but I get better everyday just by playing.

There's no sudden switch to getting good, it's just about learning as you go. Practice makes perfect as they say.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Zipperelli. posted:

You haven't memorized all the angles likely. This game is brutal when it comes to that poo poo. Also, do you use SVM(Volume Normalization)? Makes the game way easier. Also turn up the brightness so you can see everything.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Patch notes look awesome for tomorrows update

Optimizations:
- Added several optimizations for the game server and network component;
- Optimized memory consumption of 3D models;
- Added optimizations for physics and CPU time for processing light source visibility;
- Optimized shadow and cloud shaders;
- Improved game stability during issues with backend connection;
- Improved the speed of loading into a raid;

Functionality:
-Nvidia DLSS
Nvidia DLSS 2.3.1 has been added to the game.
DLSS is developed to increase frame rate during high GPU usage. If the game already runs on your PC at a high frame rate, then your graphics card's frame rendering time may be faster than the DLSS execution time. In this case, DLSS is not needed because it will not increase the frame rate. However, if the game is heavy on the graphics card (FPS is below 60fps), then DLSS will provide an optimal performance boost. In this case, you can increase your graphics settings to get the most out of DLSS.
DLSS works only with Nvidia graphics cards with the RTX technology
- DLSS will give an FPS boost only if your graphics card worked under 97-100% usage before DLSS;
- If the GPU doesn’t work with high usage, you can increase it by selecting higher graphics settings, and then enabling DLSS;
- DLSS works best at high resolutions, we recommend using it with monitors with a 2560x1440 resolution and higher.
- Auxiliary tools used in some crafting recipes will return back to stash after production completion;
- Added weapon and armour repair kits. These kits can be found in raid, but can only be used while not in a raid. The effectiveness of repair kits is affected by the Weapon Maintenance and Intelligence skills;
Added revolvers:
- Chiappa Rhino 200DS chambered in 9x19
- Chiappa Rhino 50DS chambered in .357
Added new ammo types:
- .357 Magnum Soft Point
- .357 Magnum JHP
- .357 Magnum Hollow Point
- .357 Magnum FMJ
In the near future, we will also add two more versions of Chiappa Rhino chambered in .40 SW and 9x21 ITA.
- Added levelling for revolver mastering;
- Improved Rogue AI to enhance their teamwork interactions;
- Reworked the spawn mechanics for Scavs in order to exclude spawns near players and inside objects. Additionally, it’s aimed to remove the ability to spawn at Scav or Rogue sniper positions as player scavs;
- Added the ability to click the NEXT button on the PMC USEC/BEAR faction selection screen before the models are fully loaded;
- Updated the sounds of pouch interaction for several weapon and magazine types;
- Reworked the stats of the Endurance elite level skill
- Increases breath recovery speed by 50% (was 100%)
- Increases stamina by 20% (was 25%)
- Added the ability to sort tasks by location in the quest menu;
- Reworked the Scav behaviour mechanics on Factory while players are fighting Tagilla;
- Added inertia for bots when accelerating and decelerating, added speed settings for bots during stationary turning and running;
Bots will no longer shoot while switching stance (for example, when trying to go prone or stand up);
- Added the ability to replace an operational task in the trader quest menu. The replaced task will be considered failed. The cost of each subsequent replacement will increase until the task’s completion timer runs out;
- Disabled environmental sounds (like wind or rain) while loading into raid;
- Added a new type of operational task - elimination while using a specific weapon class, like sniper or assault rifles;
- Added overheating ability for several weapon attachments;
- The death screen now shows a player’s nickname if you were killed by a Player Scav;
- Added the Connection Type tab to the game settings section, select HTTP in case of issues with access to the functional sections of the lobby. The setting does not affect the game performance during raids;

List of fixes:
- Bots are now aggressive to Player Scavs again if they shoot at another Player Scav;
- The cultist knife toxin durability now remains correct after it’s picked up by another PMC
- Added the NVG enable/disable sounds for other players;
- Control settings in the Live client no longer reset to default if the player has the ETS client installed with different control settings;
- Fixed possible interface freezes when interacting with inventory and closing it by pressing the Tab key;
- Glukhar’s guards no longer stop shooting at players when switching weapons after Glukhar’s death;
- Fixed visual water artefacts at the reservoirs on Lighthouse;
- Objects are now correctly displayed in thermal vision goggles with high values of resampling enabled;
- The weapon mastering is now levelling correctly while using MTs-255-12
- Bots now correctly decide to use prone positions when engaging a player;
- Bots no longer appear right in front of players on Customs;
- Postman Pat task can now be finished correctly after completing all objectives;
- Ammo no longer disappears from the inactive weapon while unloading chamber with a hotkey immediately after swapping weapons;
- Fixed some places on locations where the airdrop supply crate could get stuck;
- The NEXT button no longer disappears if the players returns to the faction selection screen from the character appearance/voice or nickname screens;
- Active Headset sound effect no longer persists between offline raids;
- Low graphics settings no longer distort object textures while using night vision devices;
- Switching between tabs on the character screen now remains possible after deleting a plan map by hotkey and buying a new one;
- The killer’s name now displays correctly on the killed player’s dogtag if they were operating a stationary weapon;
- Fixed an issue with not being able to place multiple MS2000 Markers in one raid if the player performed other hand actions while placing the marker;
- Shooting and environmental sounds no longer change after reloading in an offline raid;
- Informational loading screen banners now auto-switch again;
- Bullet impacts on water now display correctly on Customs;
- Fixed the aiming zoom for MTs-255-12 and MP-43-1C shotguns.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Adding DLSS is really good.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

hello internet posted:

- Improved the speed of loading into a raid;

Hopefully this fixes the long "Waiting for Toasters" screen that seems to depend on the size of the map.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Ever since their last major "decreases loading time" patch, my offline game performance has been total dogshit and drops frames constantly. Online play is buttery smooth and loading times are definitely hugely improved though so it seems like my i5 may just be too slow for hosting the 'server'.

DLSS sounds awesome and so does the note about certain items being reusable in crafting.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Shoreline is the Worst Map. Tons of funnels. Tons of PMCs just humping grass or jammed into a rock living out their CHRIS KYLE AMERICAN SNIPER fantasies.
I hate it.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Woods is still probably my favorite. I grab as much woodland camo as I can, a nice rifle and I just play hide and seek

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Shoreline is the Worst Map. Tons of funnels. Tons of PMCs just humping grass or jammed into a rock living out their CHRIS KYLE AMERICAN SNIPER fantasies.
I hate it.

Shoreline is what you'd get if you described Customs to a level designer who had never played the game before. Just a genuinely terrible map. Path to Lighthouse extract made it marginally more bearable this wipe but it's still my least favorite map by a country mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Shoreline is what you'd get if you described Customs to a level designer who had never played the game before. Just a genuinely terrible map. Path to Lighthouse extract made it marginally more bearable this wipe but it's still my least favorite map by a country mile.

I've been trying to think about what might make it a better map with minimal changes and my first thought is always "what if they got rid of the fence preventing crossing anywhere in the bottom third?". It wouldn't be perfect but I think it would be better.