Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

actionjackson posted:

i never asked for medical guidance, i asked if anyone experienced the same symptoms will testing negative. i even said i had contacted my doctor

swab your loving throat bitch

yes i know you already did it but i was playing elden ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tulip posted:

i haven't gotten any actual negative interactions over my masking but people do ask me if i have covid and i really want to know what the chain of logic is where the guy who wears a fullface respirator is more likely to get sick than other people rather than less

they were told 2 years ago that wearing masks is for the protection of other people, so it follows logically that the more hardcore the mask, the more severe your covid infection

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
An unmasked guy held a door open for me and I gestured that I could get it myself, which made him flip out and yell about my “little bitch rear end mask.“ He was probably just nuts and used an obvious thing to attack me, so I considered it to be a bullying incident with mask and not of mask.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Tulip posted:

i haven't gotten any actual negative interactions over my masking but people do ask me if i have covid and i really want to know what the chain of logic is where the guy who wears a fullface respirator is more likely to get sick than other people rather than less

lol

what's the problem with wearing proper flying gear btw? it's just for everyone's safety & comfort

elastomerics are scary/threatening.

no fly zone poo poo. (*I think I've heard one or two claims that goons were allowed to fly wearing one)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast

GXL posted:

An unmasked guy held a door open for me

if you are a guy this is a chud thing FYI. for something something dominance bullshit reasons.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lmao are you supposed to yell "NO HOMO BRO" and break through the glass door with your bare hands?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
you’re supposed to use your truck

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast
we are dealing with the same crowd that decides not wiping is a good idea so who knows.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMkOY9OrbU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

if you are a guy this is a chud thing FYI. for something something dominance bullshit reasons.

I'm 42 years old and I've been holding doors for guys and had guys hold doors for me my entire loving life

Sometimes they don't want me to hold the door for them so I don't.

I don't think it's a chud thing? It's just door holding. Idk. Maybe having your door held for you turns you gay somewhere.

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

elastomerics are scary/threatening.

no fly zone poo poo. (*I think I've heard one or two claims that goons were allowed to fly wearing one)

I took a trip on a train instead of flying last weekend, and despite the mask mandate for transportation ostensibly being the same for both them and planes, Amtrak does not give a gently caress about what you wear going in or while in transit. Whether the more sensible option is an hour crammed into a plane while wearing a disposable or seven hours in a spacious train car while wearing a elastomeric is up to the goon’s discretion.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm 42 years old and I've been holding doors for guys and had guys hold doors for me my entire loving life

I don't think it's a chud thing? It's just door holding. Idk. Maybe having your door held for you turns you gay somewhere.

It’s definitely seen as a sort of masculine thing to hold the door for people in some parts of the US, but lol at the idea of it being a “chud thing” as if the proper leftist move is to just let it slam on someone because ~society~

Apr 7, 2003

TheSlutPit posted:

It’s definitely seen as a sort of masculine thing to hold the door for people in some parts of the US, but lol at the idea of it being a “chud thing” as if the proper leftist move is to just let it slam on someone because ~society~

People may be weird about it in some places and may think I'm a ~*~*~*~*gaywad*~*~*~*~ for letting a dude hold the door for me but I'm not going to worry about it and I'm not going to worry about internet poo poo related to it, it's on par with the guys who think that wiping your rear end is gay

Apr 7, 2003

Fun story, "my old man" in New Jersey / PA means "my dad" but it means "my husband/boyfriend" in the south so telling people "my old man just called" in Alabama in 1998 got me some poo poo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
referring to "the old man" will confuse people too

they thought i was talking about Father Time or God or something lmao

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

BigWeirdSashimi posted:

Are their any options for a half face respirator that doesn't have a condensation valve? My boss has announced she is not happy with the occasional drip, and while I'm trying to keep things clean and dry as possible, I kinda need another mask. Any suggestions?

Advantage MSA 900. I have a spare medium if interested. But you may have more success with the dessicant option.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

If acting like my servant is a show of dominance I am now officially subbing for everyone.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what the heck how did politely holding the door open turn into a weird power play, why is everything turning into a weird power play

first chuds ruined hawaiian shirts now this! can someone please link the gamefaqs for "how to not piss dumb people off" so i can plan my next grocery store speedrun

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I just say thank you then I'd hold the next door open for them. if this is not possible, i'll defer to them & let them get priority to talk to the host / get their carry-out order first or whatever. if this isn't possible i immediately stop thinking about it.

flipping poo poo on someone about it is weird, door holding being a power thing is weird,

hell, its all weird

edit:

was thinking about this post

Greg Legg posted:

Every school I visit in the county has one of these signs! I sort of wonder about the messaging to the kids because there are other signs with rules
that you are expected to follow.

One school has one of those Heroes Work Here signs and I don't like it. The principal is a nice guy and he means well but it's kind of awkward.

maybe people are becoming worse drivers because they've been taught to ignore signs and that the science changes week to week
which is another problem with "trust the science" or "follow the science" as an excuse to aboutface on dipshitted policies whenever convenient.

it turns out "the science" covers a lot of different fields/topics

stump collector has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Apr 6, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Animal-Mother posted:

referring to "the old man" will confuse people too

they thought i was talking about Father Time or God or something lmao

hold on God is calling me i think he forgot how to work the tv menus again

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Housemate is doing a "burst" of open biden. Some real reckless don't give a gently caress yolo behavior the past week. She apologized today, and said she was closing biden shortly.

I suppose if it helps her mental health out, that's great and good.

I'll let yall know if I get roni'd from it. (Cases seem low in my state, even on Walgreens tracker (:rubby:) - even though it's popping in states surrounding me. I don't trust it, but we were way lower in our % sequenced BA.2 when I last looked at it weeks ago)

I can't imagine being a parent during this poo poo. Someone said the other day something like "not having a kid is covid easy mode", and they're right (although poo poo is still not easy)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I thought everybody knew if you’re a guy and another guy holds the door for you and you accept then you’ve let that guy sexually dominate you. The doorway represents gayness and by walking though it you’re like submitting. It goes back to some photo that went viral on Facebook of a Marine holding the door for Obama. The reason that guy flipped out is because that’s just what guys do if you decline their sexual advances. I agree it’s a silly rule but it is what it is.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I prefer to hold the door for a southern man and make eye contact with his wife while subtly slipping a note into her hand that simply says “I’m gay lol”

stump collector
May 28, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I can't imagine being a parent during this poo poo. Someone said the other day something like "not having a kid is covid easy mode", and they're right (although poo poo is still not easy)

yeah its horrible
have fun or whatever

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

yeah this was me too but you know chuds gently caress everything up.

TheSlutPit posted:

, but lol at the idea of it being a “chud thing” as if the proper leftist move is to just let it slam on someone because ~society~

this doesn’t follow, it more if somebody seems to be really weird about it in a way that is off. rushing to get the door and then scoffing. these are deeply insecure people.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast
hyper masculinity is something people who can’t meet traditional masculinity’s expectations fall into. and they get weird as fuckall.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My birthday is coming up so I've been having to explain to my family all over again that if they want to come visit they have to bring a mask and that I'm not interested in going out somewhere for a sit down meal.

UPDATE: Dad just drove down to my house for my birthday and wore a surgical mask inside for literally 2 seconds before peeling it off and leaving it off even though I asked him to put it back on. He insisted he didn't have the virus, I asked if he'd been tested today because that's the only way he'd be able to know he didn't have it and he said he'd never taken a covid test throughout the entire pandemic. Unassailable logic! I guess this means I got to see a real live "If you don't test you wont have cases" happen right in my house which was a wonderful birthday gift which I will cherish.
He'd brought a cheap-rear end birthday cake and a pack of candles from the supermarket and I told him not to bother putting the candles on the cake, I wasn't going to take off my respirator so I wouldn't be able to blow them out or eat any of the cake. He cut a slice of cake for himself and ate it and told me to give the rest to my housemates.

The utterly weird thing is that he wasn't doing any of this out of spite or chud smuggery or malice, he was still chatting away merrily and telling me stories about his cat and other stuff the whole time. He's aware that cases and deaths are still happening locally but all that just seems to be a story on the news as far as he's concerned and he's personally disconnected from the whole thing.
I can't even blame him for thinking that, the government and the local news media have been thoroughly downplaying covid for weeks now. I'm just disappointed that it didn't even occur to him to just humour me and put the mask back on for my comfort. :(

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

ok yeah both of these those things woulda been hard to guess

Alright I think we finally hit peak liberal

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm just disappointed that it didn't even occur to him to just humour me and put the mask back on for my comfort. :(

I'm sorry that your dad treated you like that, that really sucks.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lmao she deleted it. Imagine being that brain broken that it wasnt helping corrupt cops or pedophile teachers that got her, no it was toddler masks

She seemed so confident that putting masks on kids was a step too far compared to teachers touching kids.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TheSlutPit posted:

it's a chud thing in the same sense as men will post on twitter whining that they complimented a woman and didn't get a thank you. giving compliments is not innately a "chud thing"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

C'mon man!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast

Vox Nihili posted:

C'mon man!

can’t you see a 5’4” tall man dressed in western wear who calls himself the bull running to the door?

Bar Ran Dun has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Apr 6, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

we are dealing with the same crowd that decides not wiping is a good idea so who knows.
I have no idea what the context for this is, and I've googled butt and poop and wiping as much as I care to.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
touching a man's butt, even your own, makes you gay.

that's it, that's the whole thing. these aren't the deep thinkers of our time who are coming up with this.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

i am harry posted:

but…currently it’s a privilege. and I’m the president.

he asked the republicans and they said no :(

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

also Biden doesn't want medicare for all lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

also Biden doesn't want medicare for all lmao

r naught waste not

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lol like 50+% of this country is about to go broke on medical bills related to covid and that's the only thing that got Biden to care about this. I'm not sure if he realizes giving everyone medical care means everyone gets tested again, he just got done working so hard to make sure people couldn't get tested why would he undo all that progress he made toward Open Biden???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

papa horny michael posted:

People who have had the two-dose mRNA vaccine series plus one booster don't need a second booster if they recently were infected with the omicron variant of the coronavirus, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told NBC News.

papa horny michael posted:

"If you've had omicron disease in the last two or three months, that really did boost your immune system quite well," Walensky said, adding that these individuals could wait another two to four months before their second booster.

oh drat. i wonder which quote will lead the vaccination efforts.
lmao nice to know this deadly debilitating virus can boost my immune system quite well