Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
been a rough couple of weeks for rall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey for all of you bummed out by that First Dog On the Moon, Kurzgesagt just released a video correcting their last lone, saying hey maybe we are not hosed!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

First thing I thought of when I saw that comic.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (General)
Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vib Rib posted:

Not even getting into how Trump said he'd be a unifier and then that never happened

He tried to be a unifier but you drat liberals hate him for no reason so you refused to accept! Why are you so divisive?!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Trans-Democracy

Rall is so right wing that now he's even using The One Joke.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

KennyMan666 posted:

First thing I thought of when I saw that comic.

Kellies nomination: we are old, best edit/parody

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Burma-Shave ads wasn't even ever a thing in my country, it's one of those things I know entirely from memes.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I'm pretty sure Burma-Shave ads aren't a thing in the US anymore either.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

I Love Annie May posted:

Nah, the cartoon's on point. It's exactly what those fuckers are and exactly what they're doing

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Tibalt posted:

They aren't, but they're one of the first proto-memes and the ad campaign was wicked popular in the days before the Interstate was as widely available as it is.

Another Dirty Dish
Oct 8, 2009

:argh:

Neito posted:

I just now realized that that's just the way Clay Jones draws talking mouths; I thought everyone in his comics was screaming at the top of their lungs.

I can’t see them as anything but “tongue flailing in a screaming maw”. And sometimes he slips up and draws some normal mouths, like the non-Trump characters here (who gets a big peach on his face for some reason??):

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I Love Annie May posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Russophobia)
Kellies Nomination: High Treason

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Nah, the cartoon's on point. It's exactly what those fuckers are and exactly what they're doing

Who exactly are "those fuckers" in this context?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Aumanor posted:

I mean, you don't have to give the women and children fangs.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Fister Roboto posted:

Who exactly are "those fuckers" in this context?

The Russian soldiers who have been carrying out an extremely documented campaign of looting?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

AGC.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's the acceptable wartime racism

The foreign hordes are all fanged blood-drinking monsters, and don't be so foolish as to ignore the children, the corruption is in their very DNA if you let them grow up they'll be monsters too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sniper4625 posted:

The Russian soldiers who have been carrying out an extremely documented campaign of looting?

I think that particular comic crosses a line by implying that all Russians, even the civilians, are bloodthirsty demons.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vib Rib posted:

They always assume their opponents are just as racist as they are, but in reverse (so against white people and for black people). Ditto every other bigotry. So when they get any minority voice whatsoever on their side they really expect the other side to trip over themselves about it.

Yup. They seem to think it's a Rube Goldbergesque own where liberals have to actually support Thomas because they instantly support everything black people ever do without question.

Correct: use of the term 'dwarf' is not considered correct anymore.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"The term dwarf is offensive" in regards to Snow White is old enough that I remember it being in Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, a book that came out almost 30 loving years ago.

I guess by political cartoon standards that's incredibly recent though.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Welp, this time I made it to April before needing a break from politoons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Yup. They seem to think it's a Rube Goldbergesque own where liberals have to actually support Thomas because they instantly support everything black people ever do without question.

Correct: use of the term 'dwarf' is not considered correct anymore.

An acquaintance of mine with dwarfism has informed me that “dwarf,” “person with dwarfism,” and “little person” are all acceptable but “midget“ is offensive.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris, Dorries and the sale of Channel 4 – Culture secretary condemned for sell-off plan" Also June Brown, EastEnders’ Dot Cotton, dies aged 95

Telegraph:

Matt:

After Naked Attraction.

Independent:

Times:

Hunt for the ‘Butcher of Bucha’, a commander blessed by the Orthodox Church

Evening Standard:

President Volodymyr Zelensky tells of horror of Russian war crimes in UN Security Council address

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

I Love Annie May posted:

all ginned up to defend war crimes, huh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

An acquaintance of mine with dwarfism has informed me that “dwarf,” “person with dwarfism,” and “little person” are all acceptable but “midget“ is offensive.

Oh, interesting. I always use "little person" because it seems the least offensive to me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

moonmazed posted:

all ginned up to defend war crimes, huh

Call me crazy but I don't think that children are the ones committing the war crimes.

Like if Ramirez drew a cartoon of Chinese kids with fangs talking about how they want to undermine America everyone in this thread would rightfully be calling him a racist piece of poo poo for it, so why is it suddenly okay and cool and not racist to draw Russian kids doing it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Trans-Democracy

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuuuuuuuu

Tibalt posted:

Burma-Shave isn't a thing any more. They haven't sold it in like twenty years.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Look upon my works

Ye Mighty, and despair

The lone and level sands

Stretch far away.

Burma-Shave

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Twelve by Pies posted:

Call me crazy but I don't think that children are the ones committing the war crimes.

Like if Ramirez drew a cartoon of Chinese kids with fangs talking about how they want to undermine America everyone in this thread would rightfully be calling him a racist piece of poo poo for it, so why is it suddenly okay and cool and not racist to draw Russian kids doing it?

huge reach to say that it's blaming the kids

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Or heck, for an actual real life example, just look at all the anti-Japanese propaganda from WW2. It was insanely racist. Does calling it racist mean you're defending the Japanese Empire's many horrific crimes against humanity? Hell no.

You don't get a pass to dehumanize people just because they live in a country that is committing war crimes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The kids (and wife) are literally drawn with loving fangs.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Man, the early 2000s really are coming back in style.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I Love Annie May posted:

No.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

The kids (and wife) are literally drawn with loving fangs.

Yes because they are leeching off the wealth of Ukrainians the soldier killed.
AGC :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kikas posted:

Yes because they are leeching off the wealth of Ukrainians the soldier killed.
AGC :colbert:

Pretty sure the children don't have a choice in this matter!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Oh, interesting. I always use "little person" because it seems the least offensive to me.
HOW? I obviously can't be the one to decide what other people do or don't find offensive, but.... little person. Really.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Pretty sure the children don't have a choice in this matter!

No see all Russians are inherently evil and untrustworthy, as you can see by their fangs and evil smiles.

Anyway time to go off to the Freep thread to make fun of them for thinking all Mexicans are evil and untrustworthy.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lmao, Lisa Benson Going to bat for *checks notes* Russian warcrimes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Xander77 posted:

HOW? I obviously can't be the one to decide what other people do or don't find offensive, but.... little person. Really.

Dunno, just seems less insulting than "dwarf" to me. You're right that people should be called what they want to be called, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

HootTheOwl posted:

Lmao, Lisa Benson Going to bat for *checks notes* Russian warcrimes.

Pretty sure she is saying the people who say the war crimes are staged by Kyiv are Russian puppets actually.