Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have absolutely no idea what they just pulled out of that hole.

according to the geniuses in the comments, it is either a nuclear weapon from world war 2, or a turtle that is at least 400 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Knormal posted:

It's yellow, I know that much.

Ive seen purple lightning, I think it can be many colors.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/hJ8RC7m.mp4

This looks like a fun thing to do…
:stare:

Did anyone watch the Catch-22 miniseries?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Knormal posted:

It's yellow, I know that much.

what about pikablu then

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Arivia posted:

what about pikablu then

he's water type

get your drat facts straight

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Cartoon Man posted:

I could watch that guy in teal get a tire to the head all day.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

hm, i wonder, are taller people more prone to ankle injuries? i think it might be that way since it's not like their ankles are necessarily thicker or stronger but they have to deal with resisting a longer lever and more mass. I suppose that having longer leg muscles helps counteract that a bit.

maybe

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC164368/

quote:

Height and Weight

Height and weight have been implicated as risk factors: when an athlete is in an at-risk position for inversion ankle trauma, an increase in either height or weight proportionally increases the magnitude of inversion torque that must be resisted by the ligaments and muscles that span the ankle complex. The investigation of collegiate athletes by our group demonstrated that height and weight were not independent risk factors for ankle sprains. Similar findings were reported by Sitler et al. In contrast, Watson found that male soccer athletes who sustained ankle sprains had greater height than those who did not. Milgrom et al reported that during basic training, male military recruits who were taller and heavier were at increased risk of suffering an ankle injury.

Goon Boots fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 6, 2022

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

spookykid posted:

I could watch that guy in teal get a tire to the head all day.

That's the second skidmark he got that day.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Goon Boots posted:

hm, i wonder, are taller people more prone to ankle injuries? i think it might be that way since it's not like their ankles are necessarily thicker or stronger but they have to deal with resisting a longer lever and more mass. I suppose that having longer leg muscles helps counteract that a bit.

Longer muscles basically doesn't help at all, which is why square-cube law says gymnasts are tiny.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NoF53kF.mp4

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

this venom 3 pre-release footage seems off somehow

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

kirbysuperstar posted:

this venom 3 pre-release footage seems off somehow

a turd in the wind, but it seems a bit liquid

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pretty hosed for that second dude to just cut in line in front of Armus like that.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’m 6’5” and I can’t skate for poo poo. Center of gravity is a real bitch

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Working on an old car that had been sitting for quite a while. Disturbed this poor fellow.

He was quite groggy, and probably very confused.

Fortunately, the shop isn't far from a nature reserve, which I guess is a downgrade from a giant Lincoln engine bay, but hey the neighborhood is nicer.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Zero VGS posted:

Did anyone watch the Catch-22 miniseries?

Ja, that scene was riiight about where my wife bowed out

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Anti-Tamper Octopus: "It's a living."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Tall people often neglect their ankles since typically they don't use them that much. Ankles just aren't that useful at that altitude. Nerve signal also attenuate with distance, so tall people often don't even notice when distal appendages break or go missing. Can be a real issue for example for giraffes or giraffe like people.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Tall people often neglect their ankles since typically they don't use them that much. Ankles just aren't that useful at that altitude. Nerve signal also attenuate with distance, so tall people often don't even notice when distal appendages break or go missing. Can be a real issue for example for giraffes or giraffe like people.

Can confirm, I'm pretty tall and it's very difficult for me to lean down and drink from water sources.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have no problem biting leaves off trees, or I wouldn't if people would just leave me alone

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

I have no problem biting leaves off trees, or I wouldn't if people would just leave me alone

It's not that. You spend hours in the stall and keep poking your head over the edge to ask for toilet paper.

Rude. It's just rude.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fools Infinite posted:

I've seen (what I believed to be) real footage of people walking into propellers or being turned into meat clouds by jet engines, but the thing that always come to mind is :nws: that scene from Catch-22.:nws:

WTF is this? I've only seen the Hulu miniseries and this scene in that was pretty powerful. This is just comically bad in every aspect.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Fools Infinite posted:

I've seen (what I believed to be) real footage of people walking into propellers or being turned into meat clouds by jet engines, but the thing that always come to mind is :nws: that scene from Catch-22.:nws:

Wow, the legs falling were really great, maybe I should watch this well-known, classic movie...

nah.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cojawfee posted:

WTF is this? I've only seen the Hulu miniseries and this scene in that was pretty powerful. This is just comically bad in every aspect.

The original was made in 1970. They did what they could at the time with the budget they had.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
The 1970 film is good, and unlike the HBO series is actually interested in being an adaptation of the novel.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
New USCSB video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF1fHHUcstg

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna just crosspost this in the Flight Sim Thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HEIfvBl.mp4

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
i mean that had to be the kids idea and he's definitely making her day

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

its_my_birthday posted:

i mean that had to be the kids idea and he's definitely making her day

I'm pretty sure that at that age I would have totally treated it like an amusement park ride to be carried in a bucket. I mean, how often can you be carried in a bucket safely?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

how else you gonna withdraw your petrodollars

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Smik posted:

I'm pretty sure that at that age I would have totally treated it like an amusement park ride to be carried in a bucket. I mean, how often can you be carried in a bucket safely?

I think a lot of people who have been posted about in this thread can be carried in a bucket.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

*sighs*

get the janitor over here to set up the Tiny Oil Derrick and clean this up

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Smik posted:

Never been on a ferris wheel?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

@1:30 posted:

...a contract company known as BlastCo was performing repairs in a vessel called an upflow tower. Another contract company, RimCore was working in a different vessel called a downflow tower.

:allears:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The grandpa energy is powerful with this one.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I want to believe that this is a part of the Evergreen Marine corporation.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

"I'd like to return this paint. It has some sort of foreign object in it."

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

holy poo poo, they really upped their animation quality

this one i remember because they use the same animation like 5 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_icf-5uoZbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The grandpa energy is powerful with this one.

He looks so much like my father in law that I was legit wondering if he somehow had a secret family with other grandkids. Also he carried my youngest around like that last time he was here