Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

NienNunb posted:

Start here, let us know when you’ve caught up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXydEKpLP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think in general people need to be more okay with the idea that not everyone is going to be as charmed with your favorite wrestler as you are. There is nothing ethically wrong with saying “this person wrestles in a way that I think sucks”.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NienNunb posted:

There is nothing ethically wrong with saying “this person wrestles in a way that I think sucks”.

Unless of course that person is Bryan Danielson, in which case those people should be isolated from society before they spread their lies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Unless of course that person is Bryan Danielson, in which case those people should be isolated from society before they spread their lies.

:hmmyes:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also probably Minoru Suzuki, lest he hear them and carve a path of destruction as he tracks them down.

I don't want to die because I got between Suzuki and some dipshit that doesn't like him! That's NOT how I go out!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

I think in general people need to be more okay with the idea that not everyone is going to be as charmed with your favorite wrestler as you are. There is nothing ethically wrong with saying “this person wrestles in a way that I think sucks”.

Sure, but when something is clearly being posted for flair and style from a young up and comer, posts like "dogshit fundamentals, next" sound super gatekeepy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

dromal phrenia posted:

Anyway I thought the kick itself landed poorly but I also thought it was the greatest version of 'dress go spinny' I've ever seen

Sounds like you need more Raku and Mei Saint-Michel in your life my friend

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Sure, but when something is clearly being posted for flair and style from a young up and comer, posts like "dogshit fundamentals, next" sound super gatekeepy

No this sounds like an opinion on how a person wrestles. Which is what people talk about on the wrestling forum.

Kidd bandits whole gimmick is that they’re an annoying anime dweeb. People are really surprised that it’s an off putting gimmick to some people?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is literally the only place on the internet that cares about Kid Bandit. I do not dislike them, nor do I like them, but I know when they are posted the thread is going to suck hard for like 4 pages, and that is terrible, so I avoid Kid Bandit posts.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Long-Time Lurker posted:

It's because they like anime op

it's this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

I don’t think the alternative, having people feel pressured to not voice any negative opinions about one rookie’s wrestling style out of fear that it will hurt someone’s feelings, will foster healthy pro wrestling discussion.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Love them or hate them, you gotta respect Kidd Bandit.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

enigmahfc posted:

This is literally the only place on the internet that cares about Kid Bandit.

it definitely isn't considering where they've been booked

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At least hate Kidd Bandit haters for having poo poo wrestling taste, not for having evil in their heart. He's good at the wrestling fundamental of "get over in a room by looking cool". Biggest problem is that they're doing it with a ton of flips instead of 5 simple moves like a Kevin Nash. But they will get there

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

I don’t think the alternative, having people feel pressured to not voice any negative opinions about one rookie’s wrestling style out of fear that it will hurt someone’s feelings, will foster healthy pro wrestling discussion.

Lol that's definitely the only alternative, yeah

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kidd Bandit is less of a tryhard than Danhousen and that dude got a job at a real deal promotion, so theoretically there is no limit to what Kidd Bandit can achieve.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Has Kidd Bandit actually stolen anything or robbed anyone?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Power Windows posted:

Half of their moves are stolen, and then flips added on to make it more anime!

Kidd Bandit rules, haters vacate.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Power Windows posted:

m...m...my heart

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Many posters have a habit of making overly dismissive posts about people's opinions which do not add to the discourse and many do not find particularly funny. Both ends of this posting spectrum will lead to long derails, and lots of posts. Which is what a forum is for.

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1511529156760293378

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
struggling to understand the usage of tryhard in this context since they seem to not be trying very hard and are instead goofing around a bit

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

struggling to understand the usage of tryhard in this context since they seem to not be trying very hard and are instead goofing around a bit

It means cringe for people who think cringe is cringe

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

At least hate Kidd Bandit haters for having poo poo wrestling taste,

lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Kidd Bandit and Danhausen are great because of all the goons losing their minds whenever they dare to post. Ya'll need to stop being so irony poisoned and just enjoy things.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattSydal/status/1511434649054154752?t=7nIZoiZMxV0_yHdNJhgEsA&s=19

https://twitter.com/MattSydal/status/1511489053207765001?t=lQkq5qv7gFIvv8B9XP_NHQ&s=19

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Queer Salutations posted:

Kidd Bandit and Danhausen are great because of all the goons losing their minds whenever they dare to post. Ya'll need to stop being so irony poisoned and just enjoy things.

How does not enjoying the meme wrestlers make someone irony poisoned?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nightmare Factory trained, QT Marshall best trainer in the business.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

i like stupid kitschy horror aesthetic and vaudeville jokes, and i do not like anime. thusfully danhausen is cool and good and i don't much care for KB, though i wish them well personally.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

QT Marshall rules

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

the only person who should be naruto running to the ring is "no more bs" paul wight, imo

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Kidd Bandit and Ninja Mack should form a tag team called American Top Gaijin.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/IdoBasketball/status/1511529523652837380

https://twitter.com/dril/status/274680979724054528

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh YT, I'm going to enjoy watching Nomura kick the poo poo out of you on Saturday :allears:

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Kinda impressed this Fed-brained/Cornpilled weirdo is big enough of an AEW fan to watch a Dark episode.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

https://twitter.com/QUOTESOFDUKE/status/1232129246148976641

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Kinda impressed this Fed-brained/Cornpilled weirdo is big enough of an AEW fan to watch a Dark episode.

Did he watch it or did the clip just do the rounds on the usual AEW is killing wrestling twitter accounts?

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 6, 2022

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk why anyone would have this much of an issue with slapstick poo poo in wrestling, two of the biggest moments from Wrestlemania were the borderline comedy moments with Stone Cold, and the Jackass clusterfuck. AEW has Danhausen cursing people and Orange Cassidy occasionally styling on people. Before David Starr's tremendous fall from grace, one of my fave matches ever used to be him versus OC. (The PAC v. OC match had some great poo poo too.)

The biggest wrestler of the last 30 years pretended to be a necromancer, suspending disbelief a bit farther in some corners of pro wrestling has always been Fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I enjoy many things. Weirdly, there are also some things which I don't enjoy. I'm not sure what's up with that :thunkher: