Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Rarity posted:

I enjoy many things. Weirdly, there are also some things which I don't enjoy. I'm not sure what's up with that :thunkher:

Why you may be onto something.. I know, when someone posts something I don't like I'll simply respond and say that person is stupid and lame instead of ignoring it... that'll show them.

https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1511721949571043328?s=20&t=QT-dSaizfnhZSfzHFfJVIQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Queer Salutations posted:

Why you may be onto something.. I know, when someone posts something I don't like I'll simply respond and say that person is stupid and lame instead of ignoring it... that'll show them.

I was responding to the suggestion that disliking Kidd Bandit's ringstyle and anime gimmick is transphobic

That's a good tweet though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

idk why anyone would have this much of an issue with slapstick poo poo in wrestling, two of the biggest moments from Wrestlemania were the borderline comedy moments with Stone Cold, and the Jackass clusterfuck. AEW has Danhausen cursing people and Orange Cassidy occasionally styling on people. Before David Starr's tremendous fall from grace, one of my fave matches ever used to be him versus OC. (The PAC v. OC match had some great poo poo too.)

The biggest wrestler of the last 30 years pretended to be a necromancer, suspending disbelief a bit farther in some corners of pro wrestling has always been Fine

Wrestling is inherently ridiculous, anyone who can't laugh at the stuff that's meant to be absurd needs a new hobby

Also shout out to QT for shutting down that goober but keeping kayfabe

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1511533174140157954

https://twitter.com/DakotaRunnels22/status/1511718280490373125

Shard fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 6, 2022

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Forever a shame that his only attempt of this post debut was such a gnarly botch. Would have loved Brock with the shooting star super finisher.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Is it bad to say if I say Kidd Bandit still needs work as a wrestler but the gimmick is fine?

They can be good imo, but i still think selling/pacing/psychology is a work in progress (which imo is fair given their relative lack of experience?)

Or does that make me a bad poster please advise

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

Is it bad to say if I say Kidd Bandit still needs work as a wrestler but the gimmick is fine?

They can be good imo, but i still think selling/pacing/psychology is a work in progress (which imo is fair given their relative lack of experience?)

Nah you seem cool. The only issue I have is posters mad about people posting about Kidd Bandit. I don't care if people like her or not but it's weird to be like stop posting about Kidd Bandit tweets...in the tweets thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gabe has dropped his Brown Bunny announcement.

https://twitter.com/Aqeelk94/status/1511755098992619523

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

doesn't have to find anyone else willing to blow him as he's just fine at fellating himself

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

stab posted:

nah that's pretty normal. s' fine to have criticisms of a wrestler it's just sometimes people jump immediately to like, 'oh x is godawful who cares' and it sucks rear end.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I don’t know if Kidd Bandit and Danhausen are trying that hard. I feel like their weird gimmicks come pretty naturally. Danhausen is definitely his fathers son. If he wasn’t a wrestler, he’d probably be a paranormal investigator, or making horror movies.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rarity posted:

I enjoy many things. Weirdly, there are also some things which I don't enjoy. I'm not sure what's up with that :thunkher:

this is insanely hosed up tbh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1511782368700424200

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

stab posted:

I don't think kidd bandit has wrestled in front of crowds for even a year yet, psp really only started to pay attention to them b/c they were anime af. But I'll have hope for bandit's potential as much as a wrestler with <1 years of experience can have, I'll remember sonny kiss first showing up on dynamite in a royal and wondering Who is That, and then watching the early darks where actually he was green as poo poo, but he put in the drat work for a couple years now in aew and emerged as a consistent highlight of dark who would not be so out of place in the midcard on cable. And sonny's a six-year vet

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

NienNunb posted:

I think in general people need to be more okay with the idea that not everyone is going to be as charmed with your favorite wrestler as you are. There is nothing ethically wrong with saying “this person wrestles in a way that I think sucks”.
I think in general people need to be more okay with just not complaining every time a wrestler they don't like is posted on the forums but that's just me

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 6, 2022

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Is it ok to hate Kidd bandit's doggo? (i dont but i guess you could)

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1511817390505398277?s=20&t=HfiJHg17Wf0gflBwIfUsKw

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I care about wrestling exactly the right amount. Everybody else is loving it up and I am, frankly, embarrassed for you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

could you replace that av with small cody

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
bandit's kicks don't hit but their taste in dogs does

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

I think in general people need to be more okay with just not complaining every time a wrestler they don't like is posted on the forums but that's just me

I truly don’t know how to respond to this type of argument other than “grow thicker skin”. It’s truly okay for <5 dipshits on a dead forum to not like a wrestler you like, they’ll be fine.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The whole issue stems from people posting gifs of someone doing a move poorly, and other people just saying that move sucked. there aren't any other tweets of gifs like that for people to say it sucked or was good. and i'm not going to allow this forum to stop people from critiquing moves that get posted. if they actually own then it will get a ton of love. if it sucks but you like that person, you can still post it and not read that other people think a very hesitant tap on the head sucked. there aren't any ulterior motives

edit: except that single re-reg person is weird, but that's irrelevant

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 6, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There was that one really abrasive poster a few months back who was actively saying misogynist and transphobic poo poo, but they got banned pretty fast IIRC.

dromal phrenia posted:

I don't think it's possible to misgender Kidd Bandit, per their profile their pronouns are he/she/they.
It was emphasized on commentary at Effy's Big Gay Brunch that Kidd Bandit accepts "any and all pronouns", so yeah, call them whatever you like!

The thing about the discourse about them is that it only takes like, 2 Kidd Bandit posts to set people off, and then we see far more posts complaining about them than actual posts about them, and then we get 3 pages of people arguing about it. Like everything else on this forum, if you don't engage it and spark a derail, it dies out and moves onto the next thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

I truly don’t know how to respond to this type of argument other than “grow thicker skin”. It’s truly okay for <5 dipshits on a dead forum to not like a wrestler you like, they’ll be fine.

It seems you need to grow thicker skin because you are assuming this is about you saying a wrestler stinks and not the person who complained about The Bandit being posted causing this derail of the usual Kidd Bandit discourse.

Do better.

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1511032731811164164

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop controlling the narrative.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bah gawd, it appears someone is mad! But who?

Oh no what a conundrum

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm mad. Taking this to private messages. Don't respond to me here unless you don't want me to see it. PM

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MassRafTer posted:

3 comments

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It seems you need to grow thicker skin because you are assuming this is about you saying a wrestler stinks and not the person who complained about The Bandit being posted causing this derail of the usual Kidd Bandit discourse.

Do better.

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1511032731811164164

The FTW title stands for gently caress The World not For The Win

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AdamColePro/status/1511539254924660738

ohnononononono

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth
It's not that deep, kid bandit is just annoying

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I almost wish cole didn't naturally look like a horrible goblin (no offense pac) because he'd be the biggest babyface of all time were he capable of going ten seconds without smirking

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when does the first episode of the Conrad podcast with gabe drop

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Kidd Bandit should change their name to Codd Bandit and instead of being anime they should steal fish.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Good thing that table is in the way so you can't see that Adam Cole is standing on a box

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Good thing that table is in the way so you can't see that Adam Cole is standing on a box

in a box

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zombie Lemur posted:

Kidd Bandit should change their name to Codd Bandit and instead of being anime they should steal fish.

So he should feud with The Undisputed Elite?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zombie Lemur posted:

Kidd Bandit and Bandido should team up and rob a bunch of trains.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Davros1 posted:

So he should feud with The Undisputed Elite?

Bobby Fish has a small net barely covering his head as he insists it's just a name and that he's a person.

sticklefifer posted:

Kidd Bandit and Bandido should team up and rob a bunch of trains.

Wrestling has a distinct lack of train robbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If instead of dogshit anime Kid Bandit liked John Ford movies I’d be warmer towards them