Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I see green in exactly one of those screenshots and it's like a tenth of the image. Kirby has beautiful bright green all around. I'm tired of games having barely any green, or what green they do have is sickly yellowish or brownish green (like the rest of the trees in that screenshot). I mean I guess Elden Ring is supposed to be during a big disaster or whatever but it just makes me depressed when everything in a game looks like it's dead/dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Twelve by Pies posted:

True, it also doesn't have colors like Kirby or Gran Turismo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
at this point i feel like ultra-saturated green forest/field environments are as much of a cliche as Xbox Brown lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Twelve by Pies posted:

I see green in exactly one of those screenshots and it's like a tenth of the image. Kirby has beautiful bright green all around. I'm tired of games having barely any green, or what green they do have is sickly yellowish or brownish green (like the rest of the trees in that screenshot). I mean I guess Elden Ring is supposed to be during a big disaster or whatever but it just makes me depressed when everything in a game looks like it's dead/dying.
Fool.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Someone should water that grass, seems like there's a drought going on.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Not a single poyo in any of those pics :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Twelve by Pies posted:

:confused:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

at this point i feel like ultra-saturated green forest/field environments are as much of a cliche as Xbox Brown lol

Which adds to why it's really neat there's a reason plant life glows gold in Elden Ring. Breaks up the monotony of the extensive greenery.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Wow can't believe they put elder ring in the switch its blowing my mind

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Please stop sharing screenshots from 720p Twitch streams dude you're not doing yourself any favors.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

Please stop sharing screenshots from 720p Twitch streams dude you're not doing yourself any favors.

Oh no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Please stop sharing screenshots

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's no Kirby, tho

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Anyone else ever think about how loving cool and good Mario Strikers is going to be.

Also, I was thinking yesterday that if Waluigi had his own game, the genre should be a very weird immersive sim.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pretending to not know the difference between a bright cartoony color palette and a muted grungy one to own the Switch thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Pretending to not know the difference between a bright cartoony color palette and a muted grungy one to own the Switch thread

i'm seethign rn!!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Enough Elden talk and look at this Harry Potter ripoff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rokaplay/spells-and-secrets

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

BotW2 looking lit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

Enough Elden talk and look at this Harry Potter ripoff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rokaplay/spells-and-secrets

"What if Harry Potter but you didn't have to give money to a horrible transphobe" is probably gonna be a popular genre for a bit.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ImpAtom posted:

"What if Harry Potter but you didn't have to give money to a horrible transphobe" is probably gonna be a popular genre for a bit.

It's me I'm the guy who Googles witchbrook every six months (nothing to report fam).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tender Bender posted:

Which one has the grungy pallet.

Gran Turismo?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Glad it could join Kirby and Gran Turismo :peanut:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yup, those are the only playable characters unless they release some DLC in the future.

Speaking of, if anyone’s tried co-op how does Bandanna Dee play in this game out of curiosity?

Bandanna dee is pretty decent. Kinda of a mix between tier 1 sword, gunner, and wind. His basic attack is stab with a slightly longer range. He has an charge aim and throw the spear, increased charge makes him throw a fan of spear. If you charge without using any direction button he does a helicopter thing with his spear running down other spears.

The biggest issue we have been having is that the game pulls the Bandanna Dee towards Kirby if you get too far apart. Some screen it is incredibly strict. During the first boss fight just dodging an attack was enough to rip control away from the 2nd player. Like I full on let the boss hit me, just to let my partner actually play the game.

The tornado power also it really annoying because you move so fast player 2 just get dragged the whole time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Morter posted:

Horses can only have 1 horsepower :colbert:

They can have up to 15 hp actually.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tender Bender posted:

Oh darn, is that the argument? I thought they said there were no colors, then no green.

How silly of me. Geez, there sure is egg on my face. Thank god you showed up to correct this horrible blunder I unintentionally bumbled into. How can I ever repay you? A million thanks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If everyone can quit being weird for a moment I have an announcement:

Kirby.

Thank you for your time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Morter posted:

Kirby & The Forgotten Land is my first big foray into Kirby, and I haven't yet finished it, but I'm glad I jumped on Kirby Star Allies. Even the intro made me smile: look at all the friends he can get! :kimchi:

Star Allies mission statement is pretty much: I LOVE KIRBY! and it was great to understand that. I felt like Winston at the end of 1984 except, you know, joyful. and not broken.

It's ecstatically all about Kirby.

I just found out there'll be a 30th anniversary concert. It has happened yet I think, and I'm excited to be able to listen to it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Shwqa posted:

Bandanna dee is pretty decent. Kinda of a mix between tier 1 sword, gunner, and wind. His basic attack is stab with a slightly longer range. He has an charge aim and throw the spear, increased charge makes him throw a fan of spear. If you charge without using any direction button he does a helicopter thing with his spear running down other spears.

The biggest issue we have been having is that the game pulls the Bandanna Dee towards Kirby if you get too far apart. Some screen it is incredibly strict. During the first boss fight just dodging an attack was enough to rip control away from the 2nd player. Like I full on let the boss hit me, just to let my partner actually play the game.

The tornado power also it really annoying because you move so fast player 2 just get dragged the whole time.

Also don't worry about Bandana Dee falling behind when it comes to killing stuff. Even though Kirby can upgrade his abilities, Bandana Dee's damage will still scale up with Kirby's upgrades. (Each copy ability has their own damage multiplier used to boost their DPS, that'll also be applied to Bandana Dee when Kirby is using a copy ability.)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I have no idea what this thing is (only watching my partner play ER, not playing it myself) but it's cool and I want to be friends with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It certainly enjoys giving hugs

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
If I wasn't so far into Elden Ring, I would have probably been at least a little annoyed at all those spoiler heavy screenshots for a brand new high profile game on an entirely different console

Rude

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

External Organs posted:

Anyone else ever think about how loving cool and good Mario Strikers is going to be.

I think about this every day.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What if the horse is going backwards?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Sakurazuka posted:

It certainly enjoys giving hugs

Just like the Regenerators in Resident Evil 4. :haw:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Speaking of, Kirby Star Allies is my first contact with 'food sharing', and oh gosh.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh FFX update. Got all the summons and all the celestial weapons. I was going to say gently caress it to Auron's Spheres, cause I have to go through a mega-boss to get it, BUT then I realized I could cheaply grind Yojimbo enough to 1HKO so you know what? I'm going to take my chances.

I haven't tried this much to 100% a game in so long. It's so good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh FFX update. Got all the summons and all the celestial weapons. I was going to say gently caress it to Auron's Spheres, cause I have to go through a mega-boss to get it, BUT then I realized I could cheaply grind Yojimbo enough to 1HKO so you know what? I'm going to take my chances.

good job gamer

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

good job gamer

And it's not like I'll really do it, I will almost certainly not try any of the real difficult post-game bosses.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’m always shocked that people will put up with the garbage that is Blitzball for one game, much less getting Wakka’s reels. It’s such a terrible, boring mini game with the worst color palette ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
blitzball isnt too bad its the monster collecting that gets tedious and boring imo