Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

OwlFancier posted:

loving goddamn yeah I can't tell either and also I can't tell whether it's facing left or right. Fukkin escher-rear end pony.

Does anyone get these other than bronies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I came very close to being talked into getting a lovely novelty MLP tattoo in the early 2000s, before the revival and bronies happened. I can’t even remember what the in-joke with my friends that put the concept out into the world was but to this day I think it’s the best bullet I ever dodged.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
There's debate on whether this is an actual (bad) tattoo or just someone writing on their foot with an ink pen. I don't have an eye for that stuff, so I'll let you decide! The smudging makes me think it's just pen ink, but...I've also seen some smudged tattoos.

(For context, World of Wonder is the production company that runs Rupaul's Drag Race. This person potentially got the name of a production company tattooed on their foot.)

I was a kid who liked (not loved) Harry Potter. My friend (who was OBSESSED with HP) tried showing me the Potter Musical stuff, and I made her turn it off because it was too cringy even for my young nerd self.

I'm also just not big into musical comedy, so for all I know, the musical wasn't even THAT bad. :shrug: Don't sing your jokes at me, people!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The very potter musical I remember being quite good, better than the films and most of the books IMO.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Getting that tattooed right above your boob seems like kind of a self-own.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Read After Burning posted:

There's debate on whether this is an actual (bad) tattoo or just someone writing on their foot with an ink pen. I don't have an eye for that stuff, so I'll let you decide! The smudging makes me think it's just pen ink, but...I've also seen some smudged tattoos.

You can see stray marks near some of the letters and what looks like a previous attempt at writing the final R. It's pen.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

venus de lmao posted:

You can see stray marks near some of the letters and what looks like a previous attempt at writing the final R. It's pen.

Boo!

As penance, have an actual drag tattoo:

According to them, this tattoo is "Mount Dragmore". I can only recognize 2.5 of these four people!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Getting real strong moai vibes from the one on the left.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Why does one of them appear to be inhaling Divine’s hair?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

Why does one of them appear to be inhaling Divine’s hair?

I saw that too! Looks like it's SUPPOSED to be Charles Pierce exhaling cigarette smoke.

whypick1 posted:

Getting real strong moai vibes from the one on the left.

I was pretty sure it was Katya, specifically in her bowl-cut wig from AS2...

Apparently it's Lady Bunny.
https://twitter.com/dfwfuse/status/1293993670446927873

...Depicting Lady Bunny without her signature massive blonde wig is like depicting Amy Winehouse without her giant black beehive hair. It just ain't right.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Mx. posted:

well, thanks

i had jaw surgery and have been suffering with a post-op infection for the past few months and this thread title makes me feel a lot of things lmao

I hate all of these. The amount of self confidence you need to slap a giant "ALWAYS" on yourself makes me wonder if I actually don't have any good tattoos (I don't) and instead I've been deluded into thinking I'm awesome

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
They couldn't have even come up with a different symbol for the second A? :negative:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This one pisses me off, because it's the series logo jammed right next to a quote from the same series. My brain reads it as "[The Harry Potter franchise] is the best hope we have" and it's making me irrationally angry.

Did you want the logo, or a quote? :colbert: Pick one!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

This one pisses me off, because it's the series logo jammed right next to a quote from the same series. My brain reads it as "[The Harry Potter franchise] is the best hope we have" and it's making me irrationally angry.

Did you want the logo, or a quote? :colbert: Pick one!

They got a palm sized tat with poor kerning right behind their loving ear where they need a mirror to see it

You really think they were even close to thinking that through?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

(For context, World of Wonder is the production company that runs Rupaul's Drag Race. This person potentially got the name of a production company tattooed on their foot.)

Those poor PAs :(

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Harry Potter tattoos prove that if you are getting a tattoo of some sort of intellectual property with a singular creator, wait until they are cold in the ground or else they will more likely than not become a bigot on Twitter.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

You are a saint

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

There are a lot of strawberry milk tattoos out there, but most are cutesy little cartons.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

WeaponX posted:

Harry Potter tattoos prove that if you are getting a tattoo of some sort of intellectual property with a singular creator, wait until they are cold in the ground or else they will more likely than not become a bigot on Twitter.

Look, buddy, the 1:1 scale tattoo of Graham Linehan's face that I got over my own face in 1995 was a great decision, OK?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

There are a lot of strawberry milk tattoos out there, but most are cutesy little cartons.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

desperate to know if it's actually 6 inches total or if that's hosed up too

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

I gotta quit coming to this thread after my crash course in line work...

Hey another dumb I know nothing about tattoos question: why are the numbers bubbled up like an allergy test? Is that thing gonna get infected or is it just tiny trauma that'll stop swelling tomorrow?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Skin looks like it's still pissed about getting stabbed several thousand times recently.

If it's aware enough to know what got put on I certainly wouldn't blame it for trying to become infected though.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

efb^^ :argh:

knuthgrush posted:

I gotta quit coming to this thread after my crash course in line work...

Hey another dumb I know nothing about tattoos question: why are the numbers bubbled up like an allergy test? Is that thing gonna get infected or is it just tiny trauma that'll stop swelling tomorrow?

Just natural swelling from getting stabbed by a couple hundred needles, tattoos stay raised for awhile after you get them, it depends per person usually. I still have a bit of red in a tattoo I got 10 years ago that's just like permanently raised :shrug:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

now i post the caption OP posted with:

My first tattoo. I got it for me, but all I've gotten is ridicule from everyone I've showed it to.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Mx. posted:

My first tattoo. I got it for me, but all I've gotten is ridicule from everyone I've showed it to.

the dick jokes write themselves

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If I saw that in person I'd ask him what xkcd comic that's from.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

First thing I saw:

Not the exact photo I wanted, but close enough

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mx. posted:

I have more than a few wood/metalworking friends who have arm ruler tattoos; it's real handy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I worked with a dude with a nearly identical tattoo, but the '6' was clearly more than 2 inches from the 5, and it had "Standard 6" written below it.

He was a dirt bag with a slightly larger than average penis, as one would expect.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Elviscat posted:

I worked with a dude with a nearly identical tattoo, but the '6' was clearly more than 2 inches from the 5, and it had "Standard 6" written below it.

He was a dirt bag with a slightly larger than average penis, as one would expect.

Just what kind of expecting are y’all doing out there?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Adam Savage has a similar tattoo but I’ve actually seen him use his

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Johnny Truant posted:

efb^^ :argh:

Just natural swelling from getting stabbed by a couple hundred needles, tattoos stay raised for awhile after you get them, it depends per person usually. I still have a bit of red in a tattoo I got 10 years ago that's just like permanently raised :shrug:

When the weather is a certain way one of my tattoos gets a bit puffy. Bodies are weird.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I have seen botanists with ruler tattoos on their index or middle fingers. Very useful when you can't/shouldn't collect specimens but want to quickly photograph them with scale.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ilysespieces posted:

When the weather is a certain way one of my tattoos gets a bit puffy. Bodies are weird.

:hmmyes:

i call it Itchy Tattoo Syndrome, i get it the most during the winter but also it's random because why not!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I have seen botanists with ruler tattoos on their index or middle fingers. Very useful when you can't/shouldn't collect specimens but want to quickly photograph them with scale.

It’s not for measuring the intensity with which you are giving people the finger?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

It’s not for measuring the intensity with which you are giving people the finger?

That would be proctologists not botanists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

In that case, never see a proctologist with a forearm ruler