Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bucswabe posted:

Oh I have no doubt that Genos is happy to pay. He's an elite S class VIP with basically no other expenses.

Which does make me wonder, how much do you think a high-ranking B Classer makes? Fubuki seems to have a pretty lavish lifestyle

Fubuki was probably getting dues from her group as extra income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's probably not hard for a real psychic to make a lot of money if she wants to anyway. Even if her powers don't compare to her sister's.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the base salary is unimpressive but you can leverage the fame/prestige into money very easily if you're into that sort of thing. Sweet Mask turns it into a fortune, metal bat almost certainly does not, etc

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

No Wave posted:

I think the base salary is unimpressive but you can leverage the fame/prestige into money very easily if you're into that sort of thing. Sweet Mask turns it into a fortune, metal bat almost certainly does not, etc

I totally agree, and there is probably a kind of prestige that would come from being number 1 of a class vs #38 of the next higher class.

One thing I've always liked is that the S class almost entirely seem unconcerned with fame or rankings.

It's one area that I think "the Boys" has explored more. In a capitalist world with professional heroes, people like Stinger would probably have merchandise and a Tic Tok account.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Bucswabe posted:

Oh I have no doubt that Genos is happy to pay. He's an elite S class VIP with basically no other expenses.

Which does make me wonder, how much do you think a high-ranking B Classer makes? Fubuki seems to have a pretty lavish lifestyle

Actually I don't think B Class gets that much base salary. I can't remember where I saw it (OVA or extra comic) but there was a short storyline where the Blizzard group is stuck in a tiny car as the teams car. They're unhappy because they feel Fubuki deserves a limo transport but lacks the funds. Cue a montage scene of the main Blizzard players picking up second jobs to make additional dollars to get Fubuki a new ride.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I bet Saitama still pays rent and there's an abandoned apartment somewhere that used to belong to his landlord with a bunch of envelopes with cash on the floor just inside the mailbox.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Donkringel posted:

Actually I don't think B Class gets that much base salary. I can't remember where I saw it (OVA or extra comic) but there was a short storyline where the Blizzard group is stuck in a tiny car as the teams car. They're unhappy because they feel Fubuki deserves a limo transport but lacks the funds. Cue a montage scene of the main Blizzard players picking up second jobs to make additional dollars to get Fubuki a new ride.

Haha I remember this one! It does some cute wordplay where the rest of the Fubuki group assumes that she's become a prostitute, but she's actually just been going after criminals with bounties on their heads!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Man with Hat posted:

I bet Saitama still pays rent and there's an abandoned apartment somewhere that used to belong to his landlord with a bunch of envelopes with cash on the floor just inside the mailbox.

well, not anymore there's not.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The cover to this was amazing.

Some scenes gave Garou's body a sense of fullness and dimensionality even though he's mostly inky darkness. Goddamn what a feast.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Ah.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This overpowered bald guy is kinda good at punching.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

New chapter raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496856368973

Edit: Gonna need some help counting the punches on this one???

pik_d fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 6, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait for the redraw that adds angry veins on Saitama's head when his bald rear end head gets touched.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol epic

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

New chapter raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496856368973

Edit: Gonna need some help counting the punches on this one???

Not that many actually, unless you count Garou's

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Saitama punched twice and slapped once but the first punch missed. that's the tally

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Casey Finnigan posted:

Saitama punched twice and slapped once but the first punch missed. that's the tally

I don't know if I'm more surprised that he missed a punch or that Garou was still able to fight after the one that connected

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

I don't know if I'm more surprised that he missed a punch or that Garou was still able to fight after the one that connected

It's fine. Saitama's always been good about pulling his punches when he's fighting humans. Remember Sneck? Genos and Sonic, Bakuzan the martial artist who went monster?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I think saitama just decided to whiff the punch and let himself get kicked on the head cause he wanted to see if he would actually feel anything

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Translated https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/mpo6YS5/1/1/

One Punch Man is good

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Tareo... is good???

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh my God he's not even stronger than Boros

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Gologle posted:

Yet.

I absolutely love how Saitama completely no-sells the whole "I am the Ultimate Evil Monster" act from Garou. :allears:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saitama is a good person and a great hero.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gologle posted:

Keep in mind, Saitama is exponentially stronger than when he fought Boros.

It's just very hard to notice, since nobody else has ever been close to as strong as Saitama in the whole setting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I find it deeply amusing that the strongest fighter Saitama has ever faced was literally the first 'boss'. The complete opposite of every Shonen anime.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I was worried about things, but I actually like where this is going with Garou

He is just trying so hard, so utterly drat hard

And it will take more blows because Saitama isn't using lethal force, he's... educating

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, Saitama's basically doing his version of the old "pull yourself together man" slap.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, are they reading these threads or something? :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RareAcumen posted:

I mean, have you ever read an manga comment section for something popular?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This was very cool. Saitama living up to his name.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, have you ever read an manga comment section for something popular?

Not since bato.to closed down.

Man, I’m glad that I haven’t

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

This was very cool. Saitama living up to his name.

Indeed.

He is both caped and bald.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Said it before and I'll say it again, the thing is way better when Saitama is center stage. He's great.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

No I think they're reading basically everywhere that discusses the manga version of OPM. It's downright strange how upset some people get when the adaptation does its own thing instead of following the webcomic exactly. I personally like both and if I didn't I probably wouldn't spend any amount of time in my day complaining about it.

Chapter was good but it did kinda feel like mostly just setting up for the real fight which admittedly kinda made me go "aww it's over" multiple times before the chapter actually ended. I hope we get through this battle without a bunch of interruptions from other characters because it would really wreck the buildup. We're right there at the fireworks factory and I really don't want to know what's going on in the parking lot right about now.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Adaptations are always hosed, because you can look at another version of the exact same thing. In this case, made by half of the same people. It always invites comparisons. Like saying it does it's own thing isn't entirely true. It does a version of a thing people have already seen before. And it does some new poo poo too, sure, but even now a lot of the big story beats are the story beats from the web comic.

The manga is cursed to always invite comparisons until it either ends, or moves to wildly from the web comic comparisons no longer really hold up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think this chapter is basically straight out of the webcomic tbh.

E: The kid might get a couple more lines I suppose.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Mulva posted:

Adaptations are always hosed, because you can look at another version of the exact same thing. In this case, made by half of the same people. It always invites comparisons. Like saying it does it's own thing isn't entirely true. It does a version of a thing people have already seen before. And it does some new poo poo too, sure, but even now a lot of the big story beats are the story beats from the web comic.

The manga is cursed to always invite comparisons until it either ends, or moves to wildly from the web comic comparisons no longer really hold up.

Totally agree, its basically impossible not to compare the moments between the versions and think about which you prefer in terms of story development, excitement or tone or whatever.

I would just wait until the manga has a chance to do its thing before judging.

ONE wrote the original version. If he has decided to write it differently for the manga he must have a good reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, over on the other thread i'm basically fuming over hte past couple months of the arc. But that's also not something for me to discuss in this thread because this is the space for people reading the murata version, drawing that comparison goes where folks know both versions.

Whatever reason leads to the changes are beyond us, so no reason for anyone to start blaming X when as far as we know it's just ONE deciding to redo stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
ya webcomic readers are doing a good job keeping the toxic discussion of differences in this arc over in the webcomic thread (think we had like 3x the posts of this thread for the last update lol)

so please keep filling this thread with exultations of how cool things are if the Murata version is the only one you've read, it at least helps me personally not be a dipshit about it if people are enjoying it. I think this version has undermined some of the things i loved on a lot of bits, but i'm also just another fucker on the internet so who cares