Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my favorite russo story is when spike demanded dixie carter fire him from TNA and she did... then secretly rehired him and everyone found out because russo hosed up sending an email lol

The even more betterer fact for me is that rehiring Russo is the reason TNA lost their spot on Spike.

loving LMAO.

Imagine Disney cancelling a Star Wars movie because Kathleen Kennedy keeps trying to hire JJ Abrams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

I only know Patrice O’Neil, and that’s because he bombed terribly and joked about it on Opie and Anthony.

Freddie Prinze Jr. was another one.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Infidel Castro posted:

Meet me at Camp Khitomer in 15 minutes if you want an rear end kicking.

STVI has Vulcan mind rape.

STV has a 3 breasted cat lady.

V>VI.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Szyznyk posted:

I only know Patrice O’Neil, and that’s because he bombed terribly and joked about it on Opie and Anthony.
the best part of that story was that stephanie thought he wasn't upset enough about being fired so she kept calling him to remind him that he's fired

he said she fired him like 6 times

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That's such a WWE thing to do

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the mcmahons are literal cartoon characters and it owns lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Regrettable posted:

Freddie Prinze Jr. was another one.

This reminds me of a great story that I forgot to include in the Undertaker WrestleMania Streak stuff.

In December 2008, a video randomly aired on SmackDown showing some dude in an alley, trying to cut an edgy promo. Specifically, he was targeting the Undertaker. This guy was Hade Vansen (named after Vader and Stan Hansen) and he was a Freddie Prinze Jr. pet project. Prinze's idea was that this guy was going to be an evil mastermind who was going to be attacking the Undertaker with his own X-Men-like faction of freaks. This was going to lead to Undertaker vs. Vansen at WrestleMania 25 as the big payoff.

Problem was, Vince didn't know anything about this. When he saw the promo, he was all, "The gently caress is this guy?" and cancelled all over Prinze's plans immediately. Hade Vansen was never seen on TV again and he was let go within a couple weeks.

Undertaker wrestled Shawn Michaels instead. I think it worked out better.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there arent really writers at WWE just people who pitch ideas that are usually ignored by vince in favor of his own ideas. its not often you can blame a sole person for all the problems with the product but WWE and Vince is one of those rare times where you can lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

PeterCat posted:

STVI has Vulcan mind rape.

STV has a 3 breasted cat lady.

V>VI.

V also has Spice Williams as a sexy Klingon muscle lady. It owns.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheSwizzler posted:

Everything about Glacier, a guy they invented to make action figures of and spent a mint on a laser light show entrance for, that they then jobbed to the low card and never made an action figure of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3C0fflMxQ
Wow, we're they basically daring Midway to sue them for MK3 character infringement, huh.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

FilthyImp posted:

Wow, we're they basically daring Midway to sue them for MK3 character infringement, huh.

Midway took one look at this poo poo and said, "That ain't gonna draw a dime, why bother."

Great plan to build up your karate bad-rear end who destroys everyone and then have his first match be that boring loving slog. I'd have suggested having him come out and just blitzkrieg the gently caress out of whoever he was against with punches and kicks to show he's a ninja and doesn't gently caress around but, you know.

They really missed a chance to team up Glacier with the Shockmaster IMO. Team "Frozen Lightning!" They could have done some good work with uh Mortis and La Parka?

also loving lol at the blue light the whole match

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Gavok posted:

In December 2008, a video randomly aired on SmackDown showing some dude in an alley, trying to cut an edgy promo. Specifically, he was targeting the Undertaker. This guy was Hade Vansen (named after Vader and Stan Hansen) and he was a Freddie Prinze Jr. pet project. Prinze's idea was that this guy was going to be an evil mastermind who was going to be attacking the Undertaker with his own X-Men-like faction of freaks. This was going to lead to Undertaker vs. Vansen at WrestleMania 25 as the big payoff.

Problem was, Vince didn't know anything about this. When he saw the promo, he was all, "The gently caress is this guy?" and cancelled all over Prinze's plans immediately. Hade Vansen was never seen on TV again and he was let go within a couple weeks.

I keep saying "The WWE's writing is not terrible, it's that everyone there has long given up, is going through whatever motions, and just cashing their paycheck, because why try?" This is a shining example of why.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince doesnt know what a burrito is lol

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I found the gif of Big Show accidently losing a tables match:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What happens when Vince is gone though I kind of wonder what happens to WWE then.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

What happens when Vince is gone though I kind of wonder what happens to WWE then.

I firmly believe that it'll be burned along with him as once he dies the next WrestleMania will just be a viking funeral for his bloated corpse.

Or stripped and sold off for pennies?

Comedy option: Shane, Stephanie, and Paul take over and run the company respectfully. Fixing a lot of issues that have been plaguing the WWE for years and trying to bring it into the modern era.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hollismason posted:

a few years ago i would have said triple H will take over but lol

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Trollologist posted:

I firmly believe that it'll be burned along with him as once he dies the next WrestleMania will just be a viking funeral for his bloated corpse.

Or stripped and sold off for pennies?

Comedy option: Shane, Stephanie, and Paul take over and run the company respectfully. Fixing a lot of issues that have been plaguing the WWE for years and trying to bring it into the modern era.

Yeah, uh, might want to catch up on recent news there bud. Shane got fired and there's a good chance HHH dies before Vince.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince threw his own son under the bus and fired him lmao

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I can't believe he actually fired his son and its not some wrestling angle or fake story

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
shane said he was willing to cooperate and put brock lesner over so vince shouldnt have fired him imo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Some Wormtongue-rear end VP is going to get Vince to sign a contract that gives him CEO/Creative control in the case Vince dies, but Vince will have sold off the company name and rights so they'll be proper hosed when it comes to actually putting anything like a show together.

There will be a long and messy court battle that culminates in a sweeps week surprise as Monday Night Mayhem (no longer RAW) wrestlers are hauled out of the ring so that Steph and Shane (now calling themselves The Golden Childs The Inhertors The Nobles The McMahon Connection) announce they have bought WWE Mayhem and it's now all out WAR ON SMACKDOWN.

HHH will be teased as a returning force of nature (THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN, THE GAME... FINALLY ELEVATED TO HIS TRUE PLACE AS THE SCION... THE KING OF ALL SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT) but will suffer a stroke or heart attack and a week-long celebration of his life will end with his casket being taken from the funeral home, with a last'-minute broadcast showing Bret The Hitman Hart giving a fake HHH corpse a fast count submission then announcing he's going to tear apart the WWE as he takes the fight to Shawn Michaels... ALONG WITH STING.

Steph and Shane will alternate an evwr-incredible "IT WAS MEEEEEE" skit and get Sting'd with a bat over the head.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince will sell the WWE to nick kahn and his kids will be lucky to get an advisor role in the company lol

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
It really does seem like Khan is such a ruthless corporate shark that he outplayed everyone in WWE and is probably going to end up selling the company out from under the McMahons to Disney or something for more content for Disney+.

It's funny. Eric Bischoff got in charge of WCW by playing at being a smooth corporate operator and almost killed the WWE, and now it seems like the darkest timeline Bischoff equivilant is going to finish the job, in a sense 'killing' what the WWE is.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/AEraSigns/status/1511899270500478979

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When Vince dies Stephanie will take over officially and Bruce Prichard will run the place. This is all right before they just sell the whole thing to NBC Universal and they get into scheduling conflicts with AEW and IMPACT on the Universal lot in Orlando.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, uh, might want to catch up on recent news there bud. Shane got fired and there's a good chance HHH dies before Vince.

For anyone not in the know, HHH had heart failure to the point that they weren't sure he was going to make it, and then ended up getting a defibrillator implanted in his chest. He announced his retirement from in-ring stuff, and while he may do some lightweight back office stuff or goodwill appearances here and there, he's not gonna remotely be up to the stress of running a wrestling company, let alone the one that's currently still the largest one around. He ain't taking over from Vince even if he doesn't croak.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince gave triple h the heart attack after firing all his friends and destroying his legacy in NXT

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shane's not much better having pulled off the entire Christopher Moltisanti character arc, but in real life.

He now gets seen with random far-right celebrities while sweating way too much.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

For anyone not in the know, HHH had heart failure to the point that they weren't sure he was going to make it, and then ended up getting a defibrillator implanted in his chest. He announced his retirement from in-ring stuff, and while he may do some lightweight back office stuff or goodwill appearances here and there, he's not gonna remotely be up to the stress of running a wrestling company, let alone the one that's currently still the largest one around. He ain't taking over from Vince even if he doesn't croak.

So is he officially a cyborg now

Real comedy option is Vince, Shane, HHH and probably a few other people all die in the ring at once. Just some Final Destination poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If Vince doesn't see before he dies, I can totally see him leaving the company to Steph and Shane, but giving them each 50% control for his last final rib.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Davros1 posted:

If Vince doesn't see before he dies, I can totally see him leaving the company to Steph and Shane, but giving them each 50% control for his last final rib.

Feud between teams RED and BLU.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

The final signoff of Raw will be Vince being lowered into a grave in a giant, transparent casket with a still alive Stephanie and Shane kicking and screaming and pounding on the casket, being buried alive with him.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Maigius posted:

i have laughing at this for 5 straight minutes

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Gavok posted:

And now for the conclusion of Cody Rhodes in WWE. Er... the first time around.

……

I missed all of wrestling between like 2000-2019 and I absolutely love these write ups, keep posting them please!

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Maigius posted:

He pretty much embodies pissed off after that moment. It's great acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJr_7Us3z2k

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Nick Khan is already stripping assets and preparing the WWE for sale as we speak. When Vince dies, the company will be sold to whoever values their media library the most, and parceled out in chunks thereafter to whoever wants one of the remaining pieces. Someone will wind up with TV rights and trademarks, and what happens after that will depend on the buyer - two reasonable buyers are Fox Network and Disney; if it's Fox, expect the pendulum to suddenly swing back to the "sports" side of "sports entertainment", if Disney, expect the PG era to return with a vengeance thanks to all the merch sales to preteens Disney expects to make off the deal.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
loling at disney owning Stone Cold Steve Austin

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What makes wrestling super unique is that whoever owns it needs to know stage production, drama, television production, AND live events.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

two reasonable buyers are Fox Network and Disney; if it's Fox, expect the pendulum to suddenly swing back to the "sports" side of "sports entertainment", if Disney, expect the PG era to return with a vengeance thanks to all the merch sales to preteens Disney expects to make off the deal.

No chance it will be Disney, smart money is on NBCUniversal who are already paying a billion dollars (literally) to put the WWE network on Peacock and another $300m for Raw on USA.

Fox don't have the streaming setup to capitalise on all the WWE library and Disney would want nothing to do with 90s WWF/WCW/ECW which is half the value of the library.