Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

King Vidiot posted:

Well, Alexander Skarsgard played Eric Northman on True Blood, so if you'd known that you'd know the name of the movie! :colbert:

Does this mean The Northman is a stealth True Blood prequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Getting a real cover of a dvd in the $5 bin from this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How many goddamn posters did they make for this thing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffleman_ posted:

It got delayed approximately one hundred times so they had plenty of time to gently caress around.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a dumb tagline because he never actually does anything villainous in the actual movie. He kills some mercenaries when he first turns but they're also trying to kill him and it comes across more like he has no control over what's happening.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's so hilariously hosed up. "HE'S A *VAMPIRE*, oh no but you see he's one of the good ones so..."

Like imagine making a Harvey Milk picture calling hom something "pervert. Horror. Hero"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FilthyImp posted:

That's so hilariously hosed up. "HE'S A *VAMPIRE*, oh no but you see he's one of the good ones so..."

Like imagine making a Harvey Milk picture calling hom something "pervert. Horror. Hero"

vampires are murderous blood-drinking monsters

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

That's a dumb tagline because he never actually does anything villainous in the actual movie. He kills some mercenaries when he first turns but they're also trying to kill him and it comes across more like he has no control over what's happening.

If only there were something to draw inspiration from, like some old comic book movies where the hero uses his vampiric abilities for good but has to fight the monster inside who threatens innocent people and those he cares for.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gripweed posted:

Wow, I can't believe this kind of ignorance is still on display in this day and age.

Hemocriticals deserve the same kind of respect that Lycanyhropes and Mummians regularly get. Oh but you'll all jump on the Shimmery Irish Fae "vampire" bandwagon when it's convenient.
:argh:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Which makes the stinger scene even more confusing beyond the fact he doesn't know who or what a spider man is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Morbius is a living vampire though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Morbius is a living vampire though.

Yeah exactly. That's what breaks the line.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bela Lugosi's alive

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mummies Alive too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

Bela Lugosi's alive

no he's not

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

See, this almost makes the movie make colorful and interesting. Which, outside of the opening and closing credits and maybe the buildup to the big final action sequence when Morbius and Matt Smith are running around outside at night amongst the neon signage of London New York, it emphatically is not.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love all the disembodied heads staring out at the viewer like "Can you believe we're starring in this poo poo?".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

If only there were something to draw inspiration from, like some old comic book movies where the hero uses his vampiric abilities for good but has to fight the monster inside who threatens innocent people and those he cares for.

The movie completely short circuits that second part because he has easy access to fake blood that works just as well. There's some hand waving about it not being effective over time but it is so underdeveloped that it doesn't add a ticking clock or anything like that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Harvey Milk: Hero Vampire would be very watchable, however.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The movie completely short circuits that second part because he has easy access to fake blood that works just as well. There's some hand waving about it not being effective over time but it is so underdeveloped that it doesn't add a ticking clock or anything like that.

Maybe it used to be in the script but "guy who needs to fight and repress his dangerous urges" became too on the nose after Leto was cast.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
This is a fun one
https://twitter.com/drewstruzan/status/1512118188074586118

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lobok posted:

Maybe it used to be in the script but "guy who needs to fight and repress his dangerous urges" became too on the nose after Leto was cast.

It was more that they knew it'd be unbelievable to have Leto being able to not act on them.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Gonna feel dumb when Leto’s playing a graphic designer in his next film and all these posters are just method preparation

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Class3KillStorm posted:

See, this almost makes the movie make colorful and interesting. Which, outside of the opening and closing credits and maybe the buildup to the big final action sequence when Morbius and Matt Smith are running around outside at night amongst the neon signage of London New York, it emphatically is not.

This isn't, uh, true, really? Aside from the exceptions you mention, he looks like he's doing a drat color run every time he vamps out. I mean yeah, it's at night, but he turns into streaks of orange/purple constantly. His morbvision paints the world in big flashing clouds of color. The bit at the end where his girlfriend is lying on that red/green skylight literally pulsing color stands out as well.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RBA Starblade posted:

Bela Lugosi's alive

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Shanty posted:

This isn't, uh, true, really? Aside from the exceptions you mention, he looks like he's doing a drat color run every time he vamps out. I mean yeah, it's at night, but he turns into streaks of orange/purple constantly. His morbvision paints the world in big flashing clouds of color. The bit at the end where his girlfriend is lying on that red/green skylight literally pulsing color stands out as well.

I'm including the bit with the girlfriend among the whole "rush to the end fight scene" bit from my first comment.

You're right about the color cloud stuff, though. I did totally forget about that thing.

Which is indicative of the experience of watching Morbius on the whole, really.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao get a load of this guy who actually watched Morbius

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Judging by this thread, Morbius is the most popular piece of entertainment ever produced.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
People of all ages love Morbius.

The McDonalds Morbius Happy Meal Toy promotion put Teenie Beanies to shame.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Lisa Rinna is currently promoting her line of Morbius themed adult diapers on Home Shopping Network. They've announced that they're their top seller ever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So are people taking bets yet on what's the next comic book character Leto's going to suck at?

Hoping it's one of liefeld early 90's abomination! Seeing him covering and himself in pouches and never showing his feet on screen to preserve the "authenticity of the character" would be great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Spawn

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

dr_rat posted:

So are people taking bets yet on what's the next comic book character Leto's going to suck at?

Hoping it's one of liefeld early 90's abomination! Seeing him covering and himself in pouches and never showing his feet on screen to preserve the "authenticity of the character" would be great.

Leto is going to play himself in the Youngblood movie.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He will be the blue guy though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dr_rat posted:

Keep Leto away from my beautiful boys in X-FORCE

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Comic book movies finally have a raison d’etre if it means keeping Leto busy and away from movies I would care about.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Comic book movies finally have a raison d’etre if it means keeping Leto busy and away from movies I would care about.

He showed up in BR2049 and managed to be the worst part of that though so this strategy isn't working for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I will save this thread from Leto chat