Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Trump wins reelection and immediately cancels student debt, thinking its something we owe china for some reason. both parties get mad at him and he makes another tweet about haters on 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

trump should make elon musk his running mate

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

THS2 posted:

he would win every state

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
a trump/musk presidency is exactly what america deserves

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
we love our doges don’t we folks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stereotype posted:

a trump/musk presidency is exactly what america deserves

unfortunately the muskman stabbed trump in the back with that whole weird businessman club thing back in like 2017 and trump never lets anything go

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

christmas boots posted:

Trump wins reelection and immediately cancels student debt, thinking its something we owe china for some reason. both parties get mad at him and he makes another tweet about haters on 9/11

lol I forgot about that one

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

THS2 posted:

oh my god it would be a landslide, and also the last presidential election

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

this is possibly my favorite video of all time

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nothus posted:

lol I forgot about that one

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

How can anyone think we actually need a president. Look at Biden being completely non functional here

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
ugh that's so sad and pathetic

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

honestly the Catholics were right with the entire “the Bible is best left in the hands of the priesthood” thing, it’s full of letters that are just stupid bickering

whoa, so it really is leftist

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While it's true the Democrats are going to get destroyed, anecdotes like this kind of confuse me. My own anecdotal experience is that liberals (in the sense of people who strongly identify as liberals/Democrats) are completely unwilling to speak negatively about Democrats (and particularly the President) because they perceive it as, in some way, being soft on Republicans (or, even worse, Trump!).

The main reason I think they're going to get owned is that hardly anyone who isn't a committed Democrat is going to vote for them, but it still surprises me to hear about strongly partisan Democrats having negative opinions about Biden.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Liberals expect their president to constantly be making the country better. Liberal presidents don't actually do that, but I think that Clinton and Obama did a pretty good job of having a steady stream of non-accomplishments that created the appearance of progress for as long as they held congress. They also used executive orders pretty heavily to appear to be doing things. Biden won't even reverse with executive orders things trump did with executive orders that everyone hated. He can't get a single goddamn thing passed in congress, even halfassed nonsense like child tax credits. It's possible that when republicans take the congress he'll be able to do some brinksmanship with them that creates the appearance of doing his job, but for right now, many liberals did expect some sort of measured, moderate minor accomplishments that they could turn to the tankies and say "well you didn't get your pony but by god, biden is getting things done". They're just getting owned for supporting him by both the left and the right, he doesn't make them feel good like obama did. There's no sense of victory, they can't exercise any smugness. His entire president is just one big ruined orgasm for the democratic party's most zealous supporters. The only separation is those who are willing to admit it and those who aren't. What reason does a liberal at a soccer game have to lie to the other parents who surely agree with their politics?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

JOE! Where are you goin!?!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

THS2 posted:

elon musk should pay trump a few billion to let him say he was elected president in 2016

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

While it's true the Democrats are going to get destroyed, anecdotes like this kind of confuse me. My own anecdotal experience is that liberals (in the sense of people who strongly identify as liberals/Democrats) are completely unwilling to speak negatively about Democrats (and particularly the President) because they perceive it as, in some way, being soft on Republicans (or, even worse, Trump!).

The main reason I think they're going to get owned is that hardly anyone who isn't a committed Democrat is going to vote for them, but it still surprises me to hear about strongly partisan Democrats having negative opinions about Biden.

To be fair the tweet mentioned suburbs. There are plenty of self-identifying "lib dems" in the suburbs but they're the sort who support abortion rights, LGBTQ rights, would like fewer school shooters, and just want things to be generally better. They aren't committed democrats and they generally also support republican policies like nimbyism or lower property taxes (so they are liberals lol). They find chuds grotesque but only aesthetically, they support progressive social policies, but they are essentially conservatives. These people can find something to vote for in the republican party even when they dislike the candidate and they believe in institutions so they vote every time even if they aren't happy about it.

We on the left would just call these people republicans but that's more a matter of the republicans being the only party to offer anything so that's how they vote. Democrat party apparatchiks would call them their their target demographic because they vote mostly on aesthetics (and in this case, perceived effectiveness). They voted Obama, Trump, Biden. They are winnable by a democratic party which promises nothing.

The tweet's point is that if you deliver less than nothing, i.e. eliminate popular policies or declining material conditions start to affect them directly, they will actively vote against you. The difference being that true believers won't ever actually vote against the dems but rather just stay home. When you base your entire political message around maintaining the status quo you do actually have to maintain it because you're promising nothing. It's literally the reason GHWB lost reelection (if you're willing to accept Perot only ran because of the declining status quo).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oops! Turns out Democratic cities in Democratic states pretty much exclusively used money given to them by a Democratic president and congress ostensibly intended for economic stimulus and public services, to pad police budgets.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/apr/07/covid-relief-funds-california-cities-police

It's almost like the Democrats are rotten from top to bottom and are going to get destroyed in 2022.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My Parents in January 2021: Joe Biden will defeat COVID and be one of the best presidents ever!

My Parents in January 2022: Lets not talk about politcs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

My Parents in January 2021: Joe Biden will defeat COVID and be one of the best presidents ever!

My Parents in January 2022: Lets not talk about politcs.

:lol:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

My own anecdotal experience with liberal family members and acquaintances is that they focus on hating Manchin and Sinema for blocking Biden's agenda. Can't quite convince them that it'd be happening no matter how many dem senators were elected, though!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Srice posted:

My own anecdotal experience with liberal family members and acquaintances is that they focus on hating Manchin and Sinema for blocking Biden's agenda. Can't quite convince them that it'd be happening no matter how many dem senators were elected, though!

Are they old enough to remember Joe Lieberman?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
yes, Biden isn't doing great but I have confidence that things will turn around once we elect a democrat president

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My parents seem to have decided to focus on Ukraine because that's the only thing CNN was covering two weeks ago.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Srice posted:

same, mother in law goes on every single last time i see her about how everything wrong with america is those specific two people's fault and will bring it up unprompted

nothing will ever get better with anybody who believes democrats are anything but controlled opposition

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Are they old enough to remember Joe Lieberman?

Yeah and they hate him too

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Wow

If his mind still worked he would probably feel shame that he was selected just to be a stopgap against trump and nothing else

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lmao, getting double ignored by both Kamala and Obama.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Lmao, getting double ignored by both Kamala and Obama.

we need to get a VHS copy of JOKER into Joe's hands immediately

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I find this with boomers but really nobody under 45

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The only thing joe enjoys is wearing the big boy pants and hamming it up so this could be psychically damaging provided he is still aware and can form memories

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Acelerion posted:

The only thing joe enjoys is wearing the big boy pants and hamming it up so this could be psychically damaging provided he is still aware and can form memories

Good, I hope in his brief cognitive moments it eats at him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Acelerion posted:

"But if she's the Vice President.... and he's the President.... then who am I?" :dementia:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Just saw that Hersel Walker is leading Warnock consistantly in polls for the GA Senate. lololololol

Dems are going to get murdered in the house and senate

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"But if she's the Vice President.... and he's the President.... then who am I?" :dementia:

"The president was later found in front of the door to his old senate office fumbling with a key ring"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Acelerion posted:

"The president was later found in front of the door to his old senate office fumbling with a key ring"

"The President was then observed attempting to brute-force various keys into the luck, frustratedly muttering, 'C'mon, man, I thought you liked me' as each key failed to fit the lock."

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Pead posted:

Just saw that Hersel Walker is leading Warnock consistantly in polls for the GA Senate. lololololol

Dems are going to get murdered in the house and senate

Seriously, if you can't outmaneuver a out n proud wife beater with legitimate brain problems and doing Baby's First Lies then what's the point, why do democrats even exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Liberals expect their president to constantly be making the country better. Liberal presidents don't actually do that, but I think that Clinton and Obama did a pretty good job of having a steady stream of non-accomplishments that created the appearance of progress for as long as they held congress. They also used executive orders pretty heavily to appear to be doing things. Biden won't even reverse with executive orders things trump did with executive orders that everyone hated. He can't get a single goddamn thing passed in congress, even halfassed nonsense like child tax credits. It's possible that when republicans take the congress he'll be able to do some brinksmanship with them that creates the appearance of doing his job, but for right now, many liberals did expect some sort of measured, moderate minor accomplishments that they could turn to the tankies and say "well you didn't get your pony but by god, biden is getting things done". They're just getting owned for supporting him by both the left and the right, he doesn't make them feel good like obama did. There's no sense of victory, they can't exercise any smugness. His entire president is just one big ruined orgasm for the democratic party's most zealous supporters. The only separation is those who are willing to admit it and those who aren't. What reason does a liberal at a soccer game have to lie to the other parents who surely agree with their politics?

*liberal voice* Actually the president is doing great. Many things have been getting better because of him. He has been effective in handling the crises, and dignified too.

How could you not know this, have you not been paying attention? Or are you actually just a Republican?