Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

sebzilla posted:

2019 was awful and we all just went to bed iirc. Not surprised it was quieter than previous Big Election Nights.

One of the worst nights of my life, straight up. Not to make light of trauma, but it really was traumatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Cookie Cutter posted:

I don't doubt this at all but is there a good source for this info on the guy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldAndBaldrDossier/comments/judnlm/is_bald_bankrupt_really_a_sex_tourist_and_a/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It felt like being snapped back into reality and coming to terms with the fact that Britain is just chock full to the brim with people who's mantra is "It's poo poo, it's supposed to be poo poo, we like it poo poo and if you don't you can gently caress off".

I'll never forgive Corbyn for making me are about the Labour Party. I was quite happy hating them and pushing for independence thank you very much.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Barry Foster posted:

One of the worst nights of my life, straight up. Not to make light of trauma, but it really was traumatic

I had to come back from GOTV operations early in the evening because my partner had a minor stress-induced meltdown resulting in her punching the laptop screen when it wouldn't turn on. So that's my excuse for reduced posting volumes. Probably wouldn't have managed to personally pull an extra 4000 votes in the last three hours of campaigning anyway, I'd have been super mad if it had ended up being a razor thin loss though.

Took the next day off work and just sat around feeling numb. Really, really horrible experience all round, 0/10 election night would not recommend.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'll never forgive Corbyn for making me are about the Labour Party. I was quite happy hating them and pushing for independence thank you very much.

At the very least I hope that the example of 2019 helped to harden up the rather soft pro indy vote amongst the Scottish left. The UK is not reformable currently.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Gonzo McFee posted:

tbh I don't know how anyone could have good politics if you're one of the chosen few who seem to have unlocked the infinate money cheat of being a successful youtuber, especially the ones where the whole gimmick is that they're out of touch weirdos with too much money. It seems like the most public way to have no loving clue whats actually happening.

Maybe, I should be glad my dad refuses to internalise that his channel that exclusively posts tutorials for electron microscope software is not going to suddenly take off.

On the other hand, I could do with having too much money. Hmm, does anyone know if youtube patched that glitch in their algorithm which ultra-promoted community polls?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The local Facebook groups have been full of fuel panic posts for the last 4-5 days. The local Facebook groups are also full of loving idiots.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Dead Goon posted:

The local Facebook groups have been full of fuel panic posts for the last 4-5 days. The local Facebook groups are also full of loving idiots.

Ok. But also there isn't any fuel.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you have a Hilux or old diesel Merc you can use sunflower oil. But there isn't going to be any sunflower oil in a few weeks.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i've just totally checked out of politics tbh

like even if there's a border poll here it'll just be "eh" like that sort of thing

eh

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Reveilled posted:

Maybe, I should be glad my dad refuses to internalise that his channel that exclusively posts tutorials for electron microscope software is not going to suddenly take off.

Your dad needs to use thumbnails of him soy facing over some zoomed in circuit board.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Why call it soyfacing when you can call it what it is, MrBeastfacing.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

serious gaylord posted:

Interestingly its clear the tories are briefing against Rishi.

What on earth makes you think that?

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1512054869905096712

Oh.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Why call it soyfacing when you can call it what it is, MrBeastfacing.

Oh the burger guy?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sebzilla posted:

2019 was awful and we all just went to bed iirc. Not surprised it was quieter than previous Big Election Nights.

I can't remember if it was 2017 or 2019 when I got horrifically drunk watching the BBC coverage & was violently sick, blocked the bathroom sink & fell over & knocked the shower door off. That might have been 2017, they were both loving depressing nights.

Coincidentally the last time I ever had more than 2 whisky in an evening because boy am I not wanting to ever clean up 6 hour old barf from a blocked sink ever again.

And yes, colour me in the crew of "I will never forgive Jeremy Corbyn for that sense of hope I had and can feel the absence of now in way I didn't at any other point in my life (re: politics, I have hope in other aspects of life)", even as I hate the media & the liberals even more.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's that time of year again...

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This seems to be getting weirdly little traction. Quite embarrassing for a major power company CEO to be publicly calling the government's new energy plan dogshit this forcefully the day after they release it.

https://twitter.com/emilygosden/status/1511998556445499393

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The most traditional christian tradition of eating piles of chocolate eggs to honour are savory, jesus cristmas

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Guavanaut posted:

The home page of the Coop literally has a massive banner saying "Get ready for an Easter of feasting and fun" lol

Tesco has a massive Easter aisle set up

But yeah, definitely illegal to be Christian. Please report to your nearest police station.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But I saw a dangerously secular egg, this means we must ban Islam and Judaism and the one with the elephants from all public life :manning:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

peanut- posted:

This seems to be getting weirdly little traction. Quite embarrassing for a major power company CEO to be publicly calling the government's new energy plan dogshit this forcefully the day after they release it.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/apr/07/uk-energy-strategy-may-take-years-to-bring-down-bills-says-kwarteng

Sure loving that this means people will be paying back Sunak's loan while bills are still high. Great work there. I'm wondering if doing it as a loan was really just some clever strategy to get some future credits in the government books to fiddle projections and make graphs for next year look nice.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't think the Tories have engaged with the reality of what's coming with energy bills at all, they've just gone head in the sand.

Obviously they also don't care, but I don't think that will cut it when bills start landing. We're going to get some panicked further subsidy later in the year.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Love Christianity, love my traditional Christian fertility festival, simple as.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

I don't think the Tories have engaged with the reality of what's coming with energy bills at all, they've just gone head in the sand.

Obviously they also don't care, but I don't think that will cut it when bills start landing. We're going to get some panicked further subsidy later in the year.
Standard MO as with Covid.

"Hey have you seen that storm on the horizon? Looks like it might be really bad."
"Yeah sucks for whoever's over there, on the horizon."

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

This is accurate, and is why I've only been able to buy a massive slab of dates, with no reference to Ramadan at all.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

peanut- posted:

Say it ain't so, that doesn't sound like this government at all

EDIT lol, fb

EDIT EDIT

cases in point

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/06/covid-linked-33-fold-increase-risk-pulmonary-embolism-dvt

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/long-covid-symptoms-latest-rise-ons-b2052780.html

crippling the working population for profit(??)

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

But that's ultimately what breaks you, and you definitely shouldn't deny yourself the recognition that it's doing so because other people have it worse, because that's *how* it breaks you. It's that drip drip drip of bad stuff, even minor inconveniences, and if you don't let yourself think "gently caress this poo poo, it pisses me off" it wears you down all the faster.

Sorry, this seems more patronising than what I had in mind when I started, which was just to offer you (and all the other good people of the UKMT) my solidarity and to let you know that it's okay - essential, in fact - to recognise what's getting you down, and take action on it, even if that action is just a good solid rant on a dead comedy forum.

Thanks for this twisto - same goes for everyone else who chimed in. It was a good cleanser to at least get it down and send it out onto the internet.

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah the channel 4 thing upset me too, for the same reasons. Like, there's literally no reason to privatise it at all. We're just ruled over by spiteful cunts who hate the idea of people having nice things.

And it's good to know it's not just me :) It felt a bit weird to say to my partner "I'm feeling a bit blue today - the government's plans for Channel 4 really got to me!"

sebzilla posted:

Yeah :smith: Not that I was expecting it to go any other way, but once the exit poll dropped I just felt like I'd been punched in the gut and went straight to bed. Couldn't sleep and ended up watching the Praxiscast stream until about 3am. Horrible night, not helped by all the centrists and soft-lefties being so smugly happy about it and jerking off over Alan Johnson's rant the next day. I basically checked out of taking on anything political (including this thread) for a few weeks and came back here doing another big woe-post.

forkboy84 posted:

And yes, colour me in the crew of "I will never forgive Jeremy Corbyn for that sense of hope I had and can feel the absence of now in way I didn't at any other point in my life (re: politics, I have hope in other aspects of life)", even as I hate the media & the liberals even more.

Absolutely. Especially the bolded bit - I'm in a good place in my life in general but in terms of politics I've basically resigned myself to things staying the way they are and trying to get myself and those closest to me through it as best I can. The absence of hope in that regard is very tangible to me.

Guavanaut posted:

If you have a Hilux or old diesel Merc you can use sunflower oil. But there isn't going to be any sunflower oil in a few weeks.

My old Citroen will run straight on veg/sunflower oil without modification too. For those of you keeping notes, it seems I wasn't fuel-robbed - the fuel gauge decided to get stuck on 'empty' and as soon as I sloshed five litres of fuel into it it popped back up to where it should be. So that's one good outcome.

Guavanaut posted:

Ah yes, Christmas: famously the holiday where the word 'Christmas' is never mentioned or prominently portrayed in media and advertising for several months. Truly the Holiday That Dare Not Speak Its Name.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

peanut- posted:

Even more embarrassing that it's e.On, who are by a long way the biggest pain in the arse of any energy supplier.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Guavanaut posted:

No, but I'd be delighted to make it illegal to be this insecure about your personal faith.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cookie Cutter posted:

I don't doubt this at all but is there a good source for this info on the guy?

Yeah, there's a subreddit dedicated to trying to expose him, and there's a good stickied thread linking to all the evidence.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Many thanks, I've seen just one or two of his videos and did have a couple of thoughts about some comments he made, this unfortunately is not surprising.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Once again the wokeerati are erasing the beautiful story of our Lord and saviour painting and rolling an egg down a hill and then eating a lindt bunny.

Happy birthday Jesús.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Not gonna lie, but the little chocolate eggs my friend's rabbit used to produce tasted like poo poo compared to Cadburys.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Could you all please sign this petition on trans conversion therapy? Like most of you, I would generally consider petitions to do gently caress all, but if gently caress all is in any way more than nothing, then I'll take it. Plus it makes me feel slightly better to share it, which is arguably valuable in itself.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

Not gonna lie, but the little chocolate eggs my friend's rabbit used to produce tasted like poo poo compared to Cadburys.

That rabbit's name? Kraft Foods.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

Of course, those are for mince pies, not chocolate eggs.
Dumbass.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

Of course, those are for mince pies, not chocolate eggs.
Dumbass.

No, they're what goes into garibaldi biscuits (the worst biscuit)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

I can't remember if it was 2017 or 2019 when I got horrifically drunk watching the BBC coverage & was violently sick, blocked the bathroom sink & fell over & knocked the shower door off. That might have been 2017, they were both loving depressing nights.

Coincidentally the last time I ever had more than 2 whisky in an evening because boy am I not wanting to ever clean up 6 hour old barf from a blocked sink ever again.

What? This thread was over the loving moon in 2017, we expected 2019 and instead May got wrekt. We even got drunk happy Pissflaps.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BloombergUK/status/1512017750587232257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of youtubers, 'Bald and Bankrupt' has been becoming popular due to the troubles in Ukraine, so it's worth reminding everyone that he's a racist PUA who narrowly avoided a gang rape conviction in the UK, before then abandoning his wife and daughter to become a sex tourist, all funded by youtube and patreon.

Yep, him and his whole crew are loving awful. Even outside the dark sex stuff, he fetishises Eastern Europe horrifically - it’s all babushkas and gopniks and soviets, which is a completely false representation of the region aimed at the sort of moron he caters to. Shite person making shite videos.