Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a way you could alter it so it does?
I can't see it happening. It would have to be upscaled and built out of Technic to have a hope of being functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Carbohydrates "Liquid Nails" it again

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

Another seed part build. This time, the seed was the brick separator, which I have never used in a model before.

The little spear as the opener is :discourse:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

My brain totally parsed that image as the regular objects and I had to force myself to accept it as lego.

:same:

I often click threads in my bookmarks absentmindedly without really paying attention to which thread it is and I was like ok why is someone posting caulk pics... OooHhhh

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

It's a testament to Carbs' building ability that everyone saw an incredibly detailed build and just sorta assumed it was also mechanically functional.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just make a whole line of lego tools and it will combine the two very expensive passions that end up sitting on a shelf unused 99% of the time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carbohydrates posted:

Absolutely not!

You should do a second "tube of chalk", but build with translucent pieces to look half used.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Davros1 posted:

You should do a second "tube of chalk", but build with translucent pieces to look half used.
For your sake, don't look up the cost of transparent clear macaroni bricks.

I did do kind of a neat thing with the tube, though: I used the newish 4 x 4 round brick with recessed center on the bottom to simulate the tube's plastic plunger. This is why most of the tube was built upside-down.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Don’t they do the wheel thing any more?

They sure didn't give me one when I bought the Falcon in a store in October? 2020. Had to lug it out of the mall in a very undignified manner.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/kennedytcooper/status/1511046696012324871?t=k3NFphBuAEW2Qr5iXXntkw&s=19

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

They sure didn't give me one when I bought the Falcon in a store in October? 2020. Had to lug it out of the mall in a very undignified manner.

I think they just did it for people who bought it on launch day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

this has been posted like 20 times and the joke doesn't even make sense.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

this has been posted like 20 times and the joke doesn't even make sense.

why do you think its a joke

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The cop gets noticeably more aggressive and tacticool with each step. Lego is reflecting the real world slide of police forces into militarization.:cop:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

HootTheOwl posted:

Just release them in seperate boxes.
I can't wait for SSD episode 2: The Bridge!

Like one of those dumb model kits where they send you part of a car every two weeks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

deoju posted:

The cop gets noticeably more aggressive and tacticool with each step. Lego is reflecting the real world slide of police forces into militarization.:cop:

Except that's not true of the second or third one really at all.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

veni veni veni posted:

Except that's not true of the second or third one really at all.

Every one knows more pockets = more trouble.

Edit: The funny part is the extra storage is mostly used for less than lethal options. Pepper spray, taser, less lethal ammo, etc.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 5, 2022

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

If you choose an angry face for the last one, that’s not playing fair.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Edit: sorry this is the Lego thread

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Carbohydrates posted:

Another seed part build. This time, the seed was the brick separator, which I have never used in a model before.

That's incredible.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: sorry this is the Lego thread

what thread is this, again?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cloks posted:

It's where I complain that my Delorean isn't here yet despite fedex's promises and I'm mad about that, but also grateful that I'm not in the test market for laser-whatever the gently caress it's called that seems to just totally ream people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Delorean is my most swooshed set I have ever bought. Just picking it up all the time and opening the doors and flippin the wheels.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

Every one knows more pockets = more trouble.

Edit: The funny part is the extra storage is mostly used for less than lethal options. Pepper spray, taser, less lethal ammo, etc.

I want to see someone do it with firefighters going from "guy with weird hat" to "basically spacesuit."

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Hmm, do I wait for lego to restock the DeLorean or suck it up and pay $250 to a scalper on ebay.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rescue Toaster posted:

Hmm, do I wait for lego to restock the DeLorean or suck it up and pay $250 to a scalper on ebay.

Do you want it right now? It will come back in stock eventually.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cloks posted:

The Legoes blocks thread

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Rescue Toaster posted:

As someone who paid a scalper $400 for the Saturn V: you should just wait for a restock.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rescue Toaster posted:

NEVER pay a scalper, especially not now that you need the money for flour, toilet paper and mustard.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Worked on the Delorean on and off during work today, just finished the front wheel wells. The wheel rotating mechanism is ingenious, and it's so drat satisfying to just flip it back and forth and back and forth.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I want to thank Carbohydrates for suggesting the little Technic motorcycle because it was a fun little build, but also curse them because I think I'm into Technic now. :homebrew:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think you'll probably burn yourself out on technic after a couple big builds. Buy some sets that cover the bases with lots of gears, differentials, linear actuators, springs, and pneumatics and you've pretty much got everything you're going to get out of Technic. In my opinion at least. The sets aren't as interesting to look at as a detailed Lego build, and there's only so much you can do with the set of mechanical things they have.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I dunno, if mindstorm wasn't consistently useless you could couple it with technics and build a robot car

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

New Lego Star Wars game is a lot of fun

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I‘m happy I went for the biggest technic bike immediately because that way I won’t be tempted to pick up all the smaller models although the chopper does seem tempting. So does the Ducati. So much for that then :v:

Im about done with the motor now, and it’s pretty amazing for me without any technic experience at all apart from the batmobile. I get the feeling this is gonna be a pretty big model, the engine/transmission is huge already.

I hope they do similar models, the luxury cars somehow don’t do it for me but maybe I’ll put them on price alert and surprise myself :v:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I picked up the Heavy-Duty Tow Truck today and I'm looking forward to it, haven't built a Technic set in 25 years and it seems like the modern version of the stuff I grew up with.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got my childhood lego out of my moms basement and was surprised to find there was a single set of instructions, I figured there weren't any that survived.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

bird with big dick posted:

I got my childhood lego out of my moms basement and was surprised to find there was a single set of instructions, I figured there weren't any that survived.

I had two or three of those moon plates to go with my Blue (I think) Lunar Lander kit when I was a kid. I donated my suitcase of Lego to a good friend's kids a few years ago and I'm glad they went to a good home even though I had no idea I would get back into this. That set must have come out 40 years ago. Yikes.

omg chael crash posted:

New Lego Star Wars game is a lot of fun

Agreed! I wish you could play co-op online. I seriously don't understand what is keeping them from doing that. Wife and I had a good time playing last night but it would be better if we didn't have to Split Screen :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

That set must have come out 40 years ago. Yikes.

Sometimes when I pull out my LEGOs I feel like I'm rolling out a bin of tin soldiers or something. I'm glad there's new, fresh LEGOs so I can make the bin feel alive and fun for my kids rather than a collection of the dead childhood memories of a man in his late 30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gift time for a nephew that's finally old enough to get lego presents.

To help out the parents, I want to get one of those drawstring mats. Anyone got a favorite brand for one, and got a feeling for if they even work well with kids? I'm thinking either a solid white/grey color would be nice to keep brick visibility or maybe a street grid pattern so he can pretend he's building a city.