Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

8-Bit Dracula posted:

Found no answer googling. Will mods disable achievements?

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Drunken_Pirate posted:

I thought I'd try a fresh Kislev campaign after the new patch. So far today I've experienced 3 blue screen crashes and some absolute bullshit in Tzeentch's realm where Miao Ying sniped the objective despite me making it to the island first. It's a real shame how this game ended up. Hopefully it'll continue to improve.
Blue screens can't be entirely a game's fault. Either it's a hardware, OS, or system driver issue.

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you!

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

Sindai posted:

Blue screens can't be entirely a game's fault. Either it's a hardware, OS, or system driver issue.

From what I've read, they're common in TTW3 on high-end systems. I've done all the usual- restrict framerate, update drivers, verify files, check memory. But it seems the campaign map just massively overheats certain GPUs. Just had my 4th BSOD and I think I'm done until this gets patched some more.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

None of my mods from workshop seem to be actually be applying, what might cause that?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Baron Porkface posted:

None of my mods from workshop seem to be actually be applying, what might cause that?

You have to enable them in the mod manager. You will know they get loaded when the launcher gives you a warning.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Don't forget Chaos Dwarf sorcerers literally turn to stone over time from using magic, so there might be some kind of attrition/life span to them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grumio posted:

Don't forget Chaos Dwarf sorcerers literally turn to stone over time from using magic, so there might be some kind of attrition/life span to them

It's more a story thing. Astragoth who will certainly be a Legendary Lord, the oldest Sorcerer-Prophet has basically turned his entire body to stone, but is still active by replacing his stone limbs with machines.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Baron Porkface posted:

Also apparently if you've set any launch options through steam, like one to force DirectX 11, those have to be removed for mods to work for some reason

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's more a story thing. Astragoth who will certainly be a Legendary Lord, the oldest Sorcerer-Prophet has basically turned his entire body to stone, but is still active by replacing his stone limbs with machines.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Is his hat a chimney?

Because that would rule.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
OP poo poo I want SFO to overhaul Kislev with:

Ice Court lets you put existing maidens/witches back in the ice court to farm additional traits, but the cost+time increases each time you do this. It also respecs their skill points and makes having 2 training slots have more of a point to it.

Katarin has access to both lores, and gets access to Ice Guard hero units which can be recruited through the ice court and count as Ice Maidens for the purpose of hero cap. They'd be functionally similar to Waystalker heroes and could get snow leopard mounts. Katarin herself would get a chariot mount as well so she could go full Narnia on her enemies.

Kostaltyn would get a new Flagellant knockoff unit that was fast and immune to slowing effects, as well as having unusually high magic resist but nonexistent armor (the idea here being a T1 melee unit specifically designed to be effective vs demons). His campaign would have these as the default unit recruited at any settlement, to recruit Kossars he'd need the T1 barracks building. Kostaltyn would get a late game mount that was an Elemental Bear with a little chapel on top.

Boris would get access to Feral Bears which would be somewhere on the level of Ogre Bulls in effectiveness and cost but low base ld and easy to lose control.

Dervishes have bows by default, their unit count and hp balanced for the cost and versatility. Horse archers are now mounted Strelsi which are better armored outriders albeit with smaller unit count/hp than the foot version.

T3 infantry is now Bogatyr (dual axe and bardiche varieties) while Tzar Guard are more in line with aspiring champions at T4.

A new horse drawn sled artillery unit like the multishot bolt thrower, weak non AP dmg but slows units it hits and can fire while moving.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Panfilo posted:

OP poo poo I want SFO to overhaul Kislev with:

Ice Court lets you put existing maidens/witches back in the ice court to farm additional traits, but the cost+time increases each time you do this. It also respecs their skill points and makes having 2 training slots have more of a point to it.

Katarin has access to both lores, and gets access to Ice Guard hero units which can be recruited through the ice court and count as Ice Maidens for the purpose of hero cap. They'd be functionally similar to Waystalker heroes and could get snow leopard mounts. Katarin herself would get a chariot mount as well so she could go full Narnia on her enemies.

Kostaltyn would get a new Flagellant knockoff unit that was fast and immune to slowing effects, as well as having unusually high magic resist but nonexistent armor (the idea here being a T1 melee unit specifically designed to be effective vs demons). His campaign would have these as the default unit recruited at any settlement, to recruit Kossars he'd need the T1 barracks building. Kostaltyn would get a late game mount that was an Elemental Bear with a little chapel on top.

Boris would get access to Feral Bears which would be somewhere on the level of Ogre Bulls in effectiveness and cost but low base ld and easy to lose control.

Dervishes have bows by default, their unit count and hp balanced for the cost and versatility. Horse archers are now mounted Strelsi which are better armored outriders albeit with smaller unit count/hp than the foot version.

T3 infantry is now Bogatyr (dual axe and bardiche varieties) while Tzar Guard are more in line with aspiring champions at T4.

A new horse drawn sled artillery unit like the multishot bolt thrower, weak non AP dmg but slows units it hits and can fire while moving.

Guaranteed all this poo poo is DLC stuff coming down the line esp the mount options. Dervishes are so worthless they should totally be horse archers as default but the T2 should be armored horse archers basically light winged lancers and keep the powder to chariots and sleds. The bear mounts are cool but really generic they shoulda gone with ice sleds with guns so your lords would be war sleds. The snow leopard mounts wouldn't work because they're too small and honestly horses need more representation. Hairy gelt should just get a horse drawn war wagon because technically he's not too hot on ursun so it wouldn't make sense for him to ride the big bear.

I'd also love to see mounted ice maidens so you could have an entire mounted army haha just imagine wagons full of guns and tons of horse archers while your wizards are riding war sleds.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
If anyone is starting a new multiplayer campaign and they will be new to a faction you might want to try out my mod here. This adds the early game events back into multiplayer. In multiplayer you miss out on the first 10 turns of events that give you a little bit of lore and guidance on how factions play (you don't even get the HOW THEY PLAY event wtf). This mod restores those as events. It also fixes a multiplayer bug where chaos heralds can't become exalted at level 15.

I really missed those little curated intro events, especially when you don't get the little flyover introduction in multiplayer either.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790877630

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Drunken_Pirate posted:

From what I've read, they're common in TTW3 on high-end systems. I've done all the usual- restrict framerate, update drivers, verify files, check memory. But it seems the campaign map just massively overheats certain GPUs. Just had my 4th BSOD and I think I'm done until this gets patched some more.

What's the actual blue screen code?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does anyone remember what the base income on hard was in warhammer 2?

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Baron Porkface posted:

Does anyone remember what the base income on hard was in warhammer 2?

Been a bit but iirc background income in Warhammer 1/2 was 2,500 gold regardless of difficulty (exception being Tomb Kings and post-rework Beastmen, neither of whom got the background income).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Arghy posted:

Guaranteed all this poo poo is DLC stuff coming down the line esp the mount options. Dervishes are so worthless they should totally be horse archers as default but the T2 should be armored horse archers basically light winged lancers and keep the powder to chariots and sleds. The bear mounts are cool but really generic they shoulda gone with ice sleds with guns so your lords would be war sleds. The snow leopard mounts wouldn't work because they're too small and honestly horses need more representation. Hairy gelt should just get a horse drawn war wagon because technically he's not too hot on ursun so it wouldn't make sense for him to ride the big bear.

I'd also love to see mounted ice maidens so you could have an entire mounted army haha just imagine wagons full of guns and tons of horse archers while your wizards are riding war sleds.

Glad we agree on dervishes, it's just so weird you'd think an army that can get a T1 hybrid unit would have a mounted version but they're just melee and horse archers have terrible melee stats. So just make em kossars on horses; kossars are already squishy so a faster move+shoot version with comparable cost. I like the idea of mounted strelsi better because an armored cavalry unit with ap ranged AND melee would be rather unique and the mobility makes it easier to play on Strelsi's strengths.

If not the bear then just a chapel pushed by zealots or something, an interesting counterpart to Volkmars popemobile. I think horses get plenty of representation as every hero/lord can take one as an option and they have 4 cavalry units. Just scale up the model if the kitty is too small or leave it as is for lulz like Archaeon on his little pony.

I do agree it would be cool to have an all mounted army. Which reminds me another thing - I heard in previous games you had the option to dismount and fight on foot. It would be interesting if kossars and Strelsi had research upgrades that made these units start mounted. Maybe to fire you have to hit a 'dismount' button which makes the horses disappear which gives you flexibility ; vs ranged units or flankers you might want to stay mounted. This could be alongside the dedicated mounted units that have smaller entity counts but can shoot while mounted.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Their Society actually does not give a crap about capitalism. They are just an ever growing Industrial Empire ruining everything they touch and enslaving anyone they can continue growing their machine, which exists to grow and enslave.

:ironicat:

Yeah dude and actually Greenskins have nothing to do with hooligans they have never literally played a game of football you see

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

Which reminds me another thing - I heard in previous games you had the option to dismount and fight on foot. It would be interesting if kossars and Strelsi had research upgrades that made these units start mounted. Maybe to fire you have to hit a 'dismount' button which makes the horses disappear which gives you flexibility ; vs ranged units or flankers you might want to stay mounted. This could be alongside the dedicated mounted units that have smaller entity counts but can shoot while mounted.

Empire TW had exactly this in the form of Dragoon units. Mounted ranged infantry. They couldn't shoot while mounted, but the idea was to use the mounts to rapidly get them into flanking positions, then dismount and have them form shooting lines. They were always pretty terrible to use and manage, but frankly that was just because it was always better to form your battle lines and use artillery to force the engagement.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

litany of gulps posted:

Empire TW had exactly this in the form of Dragoon units. Mounted ranged infantry. They couldn't shoot while mounted, but the idea was to use the mounts to rapidly get them into flanking positions, then dismount and have them form shooting lines. They were always pretty terrible to use and manage, but frankly that was just because it was always better to form your battle lines and use artillery to force the engagement.

Empire Outriders (at least the non-grenade launcher variant) are literally this, just with the hassle of having to manually manage mounting/dismounting removed. They are always on horseback, but you use them exactly the same way you would use Dragoons.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Be'lakor is a lot of fun to just throw into the billionth Kislev stack that they throw at you. Mulches nerds, heals when they run, casts pendulum to ruin clumps, etc.

The prince is better than I remember, but I still feel the sting of not having ancilliaries and equipment. No matter how good they make sets and his base stats, he's still never going to be able to stack the things you want to stack.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Glad we agree on dervishes, it's just so weird you'd think an army that can get a T1 hybrid unit would have a mounted version but they're just melee and horse archers have terrible melee stats. So just make em kossars on horses; kossars are already squishy so a faster move+shoot version with comparable cost. I like the idea of mounted strelsi better because an armored cavalry unit with ap ranged AND melee would be rather unique and the mobility makes it easier to play on Strelsi's strengths.

If not the bear then just a chapel pushed by zealots or something, an interesting counterpart to Volkmars popemobile. I think horses get plenty of representation as every hero/lord can take one as an option and they have 4 cavalry units. Just scale up the model if the kitty is too small or leave it as is for lulz like Archaeon on his little pony.

I do agree it would be cool to have an all mounted army. Which reminds me another thing - I heard in previous games you had the option to dismount and fight on foot. It would be interesting if kossars and Strelsi had research upgrades that made these units start mounted. Maybe to fire you have to hit a 'dismount' button which makes the horses disappear which gives you flexibility ; vs ranged units or flankers you might want to stay mounted. This could be alongside the dedicated mounted units that have smaller entity counts but can shoot while mounted.

MTW1 and 2 had dismounting knights i think and i think some mongol horse units could dismount too. No idea why they removed it because it was a really cool feature but it was something you decided before the battle began not mid battle. They should play around more with unit summons like a hero that has vanguard and stalk that can summon 2 units of some fast non crumbling skirmish cav. Miners on TT basically appeared out of the ground or from a table edge so you could have a miner hero thats the cost of 2 units of regular miners that'd summon miners in around him.

It'd be a fun way to address the fact that T1 units get left behind in your stack, add some SE units that could summon a few T1 units in mid battle. Empire captains could summon some empire knights or swords men representing them having their own retinue. You could add it to generic lords too so an empire general could summon a unit of halberds/spears on himself to represent his bodyguard. Balance it so you could summon multiple T1 units or single higher tier units and add a skill tree option to customize it. A skaven warlock engineer could choose some weapon teams or a unit of stormvermin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SuperKlaus posted:

:ironicat:

Yeah dude and actually Greenskins have nothing to do with hooligans they have never literally played a game of football you see

Capitalism and Industrialism are not the same thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I did an entry on the Chaos Dwarf likely Legendary Lords early on for anyone interested in them.

MonsterEnvy posted:

For fun some Chaos Dwarf Lore and the Likely Legendary Lords.

Astragoth Ironhand High Priest of Hashut

The Chaos Dwarfs are ruled by the High Priests of Hashut the Sorcerer-Prophets. The Sorcerer-Prophets meet in a grand conclave to discuss their plans of domination. All Sorcerer-Prophets are technically equal, as they have no leader or formal hierarchy. However Chaos Dwarfs respect age and knowledge just as much as normal Dwarfs, so the ones with the strongest voices are the oldest and most powerful. Astragoth Ironhand is the oldest living Sorcerer-Prophet and thus has the most influence among all Chaos Dwarfs. Astragoth was also known as the most powerful sorcerer the Plains of Zharr had seen in a 1000 years, but his power has started to wane. Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers are slowly turned to stone by their usage of magic (Probably a side effect of Dwarven incompatibly with it.) and Astragoth's legs and arms have petrified, so he is reliant on mechanical grafts and devices he has incorporated into himself to move and continue his duties without assistance. He's still a powerful sorcerer and his mechanical legs and arms make him stronger and faster then a normal chaos dwarf, if incapable of riding one of their great beasts into battle. Still his powers are weakening and eventually his head will petrify and leave his coveted spot as most influential Sorcerer-Prophet open.

Zhatan the Black, Commander of the Tower of Zharr

Zhatan is a powerful general among the Chaos Dwarfs, and is known to be the most black hearted and cruel of them all. Zhatan serves as the second in command to Sorcerer-Prophet Ghorth the Cruel, currently most potent of all living Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers. "It is said that when Ghorth presides over the sacrifices of Hashut the only sound louder than the screams of his victims is the gloating laughter of Zhatan." Zhatan spends much time away from the city as he is constantly gathering new slaves. The majority of the Dark Lands Greenskins greatly fear him and send thousands of their own kind in tribute to him without a fight. Ghorth's forges can barely keep up with his demands for weapons, which fuel his conquests, which fuel his demands in a vicious cycle. He's also allowed to ride a cool Great Taurus or Lammasu.

Drazhoath the Ashen

Once a promising and ambitious Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith (A Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer skilled with magic and metallurgy, that has not quite yet reached the level of a Sorcerer-Prophet). Drazhoath caught the attention of Astragoth in a bad way, and was effectively exiled from Zharr-Naggrund (Their capital), to the Black Fortress a military base that serves as the home to the Legion of Azgorh, the Chaos Dwarf Penal Legion. Drazhaoth eventually took total command of the Legion and Tower becoming it's Sorcerer-Prophet representative. His power has grown greatly few other Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers can match him in arcane might or knowledge in the creation of war machines and Daemon-binding. Still he's a bit bitter as his ambitions have reached a peak. His lands and forces are far from Zharr-Naggrund and held in little regard. His voice as a lord of exiles carries little weight with the conclave, and none whatsoever with Astragoth the strongest voice who simply does not like him. Still Drazhoath sees opportunity knocking, as Astragoth is finally starting to wane. Drazhoath thinks he needs to gain a great victory, a massive amount of captives and loot that will boost his influence beyond his domain to help him secure prominence when Astragoth finally expires. Still he's not having an easy time as the Black Fortress is constantly under threat and fighting off enemies, so he's been unable to leave in search of his victory.

Gorduz Backstabber

"Stick 'em wiv arrers'. Stick 'em with knives, 'an swords, and spears. Stick 'em quick and stick 'em where it 'urts. But most of all, stick 'em when they's looking the other way."
The most infamous Hobgoblin Chieftain in service to the Chaos Dwarfs. Hobgoblins and their leaders are renowned for their short lives which comes from a bad habit of killing each other for greater glory. Gorduz is both clever and lucky enough (The fact that his boney shoulder hump is just a mess of scar tissue shows his good luck in surviving back stabs) to have lived longer then most of his species thought possible. He has self professed his dream of being the second Hobgoblin to die of old age, or show that story to have just been a myth. While not loyal to the Chaos Dwarfs he has always been a very willing partner to them, as the Hobgoblins have a bad reputation among other Greenskins to the point that Chaos Dwarf protection helps keep them safe. And all Hobgoblins have to do in return is be assholes to slaves or send some of their comrades to fight in the front lines, an easy choice.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 8, 2022

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

litany of gulps posted:

That and battles were really fast in empire. The entire game bit of significantly more than it could chew.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

There were dismounted knights in Medieval 2 but they were an entirely separate infantry unit. I never like taking options away but at the same time I really can't think of any times where it's preferable to sacrifice the mobility of cavalry for a unit of infantry.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Arghy posted:

MTW1 and 2 had dismounting knights i think and i think some mongol horse units could dismount too. No idea why they removed it because it was a really cool feature but it was something you decided before the battle began not mid battle. They should play around more with unit summons like a hero that has vanguard and stalk that can summon 2 units of some fast non crumbling skirmish cav. Miners on TT basically appeared out of the ground or from a table edge so you could have a miner hero thats the cost of 2 units of regular miners that'd summon miners in around him.

It'd be a fun way to address the fact that T1 units get left behind in your stack, add some SE units that could summon a few T1 units in mid battle. Empire captains could summon some empire knights or swords men representing them having their own retinue. You could add it to generic lords too so an empire general could summon a unit of halberds/spears on himself to represent his bodyguard. Balance it so you could summon multiple T1 units or single higher tier units and add a skill tree option to customize it. A skaven warlock engineer could choose some weapon teams or a unit of stormvermin.

Med 1 units could dismount pre battle. Not Med 2. You can script units to dismount pre battle in the current spate of games but then there's no point.

DaysBefore posted:

There were dismounted knights in Medieval 2 but they were an entirely separate infantry unit. I never like taking options away but at the same time I really can't think of any times where it's preferable to sacrifice the mobility of cavalry for a unit of infantry.

They were situational as heavy infantry for attacking towns.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New patch feels good so far. Did a Daniel of Chaos campaign and the main man himself feels a lot more useful. Still need to stick to sets and the choices are still a matter of minor stat increases but they're good stats now at least. Installed a skill point mod and the extra points further help his stack feel more Undivided instead of "Main god, with friend".

Realm changes feel pretty good as well. Nice to not have to waste time after clearing a Soul fight and have my Leader be more active instead of dicking around my capital for most of their time. Did notice that the AI factions seemed to be clearing Tzeentch's realm concerningly fast but might have just been a dice roll.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Arghy posted:

You reminded me of a few other things I wish existed. Having units that were designed to pop in the middle of the battle. So miners are a perfect example. They pop up in the middle of the battle. The best modders could do was a Dwellers Below type ability but this was a summon, which never benefits from lord skills or veterancy. But ideally during deployment you'd have a box you could put these types of units, then after a predetermined delay you could just deploy them anywhere on the map. This would be especially good for Dawi as they are slow as molasses and this skill would be lulzy for capturing points.

The other thing you touched on was retinues. This is something I've wanted since the first game. My idea for it was that it was an alternate "mount" which gave you 4 bodyguards that had decent (but not amazing) stats. So like a Dwarf Lord might get a retinue of 4 hammerers, a paladin might be mounted with 4 knights of the realm, and so forth. The issue with this, though is that the engine doesn't seem to be able to support a single 'squad' having different weapons/stats/health. Because ideally the way I'd interpret it is that the retinue is expendible and meant to soak up hits and contribute a bit of extra damage, and only the hp of the lord model carries over which makes it harder to snipe the lord since you'd be targeting the squad as a whole.

Dawn of War managed to do this by having dissimilar units together, either upgrading a squad to have a sergeant unit and special weapon guys or having independent characters able to join squads (which would impart bonuses to the squad that were in). Total war kind of abstracts this with leadership bubbles but it's rather limited overall. Plus I'm pretty sure in TT most fantasy units could upgrade to a sergeant+standard bearer+musician which would have been cool to have instead of how these things are just tech upgrades.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I was looking through the workshop, and I could not find one bigger moobs mod for the ogres. For shame

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Anything that makes Greasus fatter? Dude is barely "Alabama obese". You wanna call yourself shockingly obese you better be Jabba the Hutt in girth.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Panfilo posted:

Anything that makes Greasus fatter? Dude is barely "Alabama obese". You wanna call yourself shockingly obese you better be Jabba the Hutt in girth.

His title is not actually about the level of his obesity (although he is so fat he can barely walk). It’s because he was the smallest son of the previous tyrant of the Goldtooth clan. So he wasn’t expected to really amount to much, only to end up defeating all his brothers and his father for the Tyrant position, Greasus used to be relatively small and spry and flexible for an Ogre. So the shockingly obese titles is in reference to the amount he’s grown since.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Panfilo posted:

This is needed. Even if his animations are compromised and hes just laying there ramming the enemy without even swinging.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Panfilo posted:

You reminded me of a few other things I wish existed. Having units that were designed to pop in the middle of the battle. So miners are a perfect example. They pop up in the middle of the battle. The best modders could do was a Dwellers Below type ability but this was a summon, which never benefits from lord skills or veterancy. But ideally during deployment you'd have a box you could put these types of units, then after a predetermined delay you could just deploy them anywhere on the map. This would be especially good for Dawi as they are slow as molasses and this skill would be lulzy for capturing points.

The other thing you touched on was retinues. This is something I've wanted since the first game. My idea for it was that it was an alternate "mount" which gave you 4 bodyguards that had decent (but not amazing) stats. So like a Dwarf Lord might get a retinue of 4 hammerers, a paladin might be mounted with 4 knights of the realm, and so forth. The issue with this, though is that the engine doesn't seem to be able to support a single 'squad' having different weapons/stats/health. Because ideally the way I'd interpret it is that the retinue is expendible and meant to soak up hits and contribute a bit of extra damage, and only the hp of the lord model carries over which makes it harder to snipe the lord since you'd be targeting the squad as a whole.

Dawn of War managed to do this by having dissimilar units together, either upgrading a squad to have a sergeant unit and special weapon guys or having independent characters able to join squads (which would impart bonuses to the squad that were in). Total war kind of abstracts this with leadership bubbles but it's rather limited overall. Plus I'm pretty sure in TT most fantasy units could upgrade to a sergeant+standard bearer+musician which would have been cool to have instead of how these things are just tech upgrades.

They made a mod for this in TW2 that helped a ton by turning dawi lords into power houses similar how putting a regular elf lord on a dragon is huge. It looked alright but it was kinda meh beyond just bringing broken game 1 lords to game 2 status. Watching skaven lords get bone breakers or doom wheels and caster lords getting big loving monsters while i got at best a toilet seat for rune lords that couldn't even stand up to heroes in duels. The officers mod had a chance to do this because they beefed up that models health to ensure it wouldn't instantly die so you could theoretically create a single model that was crazy strong but everything else would likely die and it'd break.

I still feel that every faction should have a hero synergy where you had a mix of hero options because honestly gently caress this noise of 2-3 hero types. Every faction should have at least 4 generic lord types and 6 hero types, CA has no excuse now. The elves are the template to copy, multiple generic lord options, multiple hero types to cover all bases, and unique skills for each to specialize them even more.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

truly, Arghy's Vision will lead us to the heights of gaming

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Capitalism and Industrialism are not the same thing.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Their Society actually does not give a crap about capitalism. They are just an ever growing Industrial Empire ruining everything they touch and enslaving anyone they can continue growing their machine, which exists to grow and enslave.

Greenskins have nothing to do with hooligans. Football and stadiums are not the same thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SuperKlaus posted:

Greenskins have nothing to do with hooligans. Football and stadiums are not the same thing.

Captialism posted:

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

The Chaos Dwarfs are not Capitalists. Their Industry and Trade is purely controlled by the state. Their Ideology is closer to Communist then Capitalist. (Though it still does not fit them.)

Honestly trying to apply one of those Ideology's is the equivalent of doing the same to Mordor and Isengard the Chaos Dwarf's inspirations. Their thing is evil industrialism and tyranny. Capitalism and Communism don't really play into it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
(148 posts later)

Furthermore, if you'd actually read Hashut's Little Red Book