Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
There was a video or flash cartoon in the 00's that was an 'introduction to counter strike' or something, but using the audio of that old E3 soundclip of Kaz Hirai explaining the 'giant enemy crab, attack its weak point for massive damage'.

The audio was crudely cut so 'enemy crab' became 'corner campers' or 'awping <gamer word>s'

Teenage me thought it was not only hilarious but also a huge part of internet meme culture to the point I tried to quote it in college gaming club to other nerds years later but nobody knew what the gently caress I was on about. Tried to find it to vindicate myself, but I've never been able to find it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kaz hirai didn’t say the crab line in the original presentation. If that helps your search. It was one of the developers of the game with said crab in it doing the stage demo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
An early 2000s vid on how to play counterstrike. Live action, a bunch of idiots teaching bunnyhopping, "if anyone is doing better than you they must be cheating" etc

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Kaz hirai didn’t say the crab line in the original presentation. If that helps your search. It was one of the developers of the game with said crab in it doing the stage demo.

drat really? That's interesting, I thought I was only Kaz and another guy doing the presentation. I'll go see if I can find his name because I think the title of the video was something like 'X introduces Counter Strike', not sure if it was Sony, E3 or the speakers name

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Kaz Harai was the "It's Riiiidge Racer! Ridge Racer!" and "five hundred and ninety-nine dollars" guy.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
This loving mustard.

The bottle looks different now, I remember it like that, but it was the loving poo poo, like eating a loving coney dog without the chili. My dad got it like once at Publix and we haven't loving found it since.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

D34THROW posted:

This loving mustard.

The bottle looks different now, I remember it like that, but it was the loving poo poo, like eating a loving coney dog without the chili. My dad got it like once at Publix and we haven't loving found it since.

the store locator lets you filter by product. looks like there are a few winn dixies that carry it in Florida as well as amazon.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

nashona posted:

the store locator lets you filter by product. looks like there are a few winn dixies that carry it in Florida as well as amazon.

You just changed this persons life.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I am concerned that the chili flavor is “surprising.”

The ability to surprise is not generally a quality I appreciate in a condiment.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
This is an odd one: Around 2017 or so, a website started making the rounds of various internet culture pages. It was some thing about some 89 year old dude "seeking a perfect republican wife." If you went to the website, you'd be given a questionnaire to fill out with some standard questions asking where you stand on typical "conservative values" type stuff. Answer wrong and you'd get a generic "I'm sorry I don't think we're right for each other" type thing. Answer correctly however, and you'd get taken to another part of the page full of bizarre rants about the power of tantric sex and a weird preoccupation with the "natural beauty" of puerto rican women or something :confused: The whole aesthetic was extremely web 1.0/geocities, but it couldn't have been later than Trump's first term, as I remember making a "I bet this guy voted for Trump" joke when I shared it with some friends. It's back in my mind because a buddy of mine shared something kind of similar with me, and my brain dug it up like some long forgotten fever dream. I think I might have stumbled upon it here in a GBS thread, but I don't have any idea how to work the search, and I'm not positive that it wasn't just a weird fever dream I had after all.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

magic cactus posted:

This is an odd one: Around 2017 or so, a website started making the rounds of various internet culture pages. It was some thing about some 89 year old dude "seeking a perfect republican wife." If you went to the website, you'd be given a questionnaire to fill out with some standard questions asking where you stand on typical "conservative values" type stuff. Answer wrong and you'd get a generic "I'm sorry I don't think we're right for each other" type thing. Answer correctly however, and you'd get taken to another part of the page full of bizarre rants about the power of tantric sex and a weird preoccupation with the "natural beauty" of puerto rican women or something :confused: The whole aesthetic was extremely web 1.0/geocities, but it couldn't have been later than Trump's first term, as I remember making a "I bet this guy voted for Trump" joke when I shared it with some friends. It's back in my mind because a buddy of mine shared something kind of similar with me, and my brain dug it up like some long forgotten fever dream. I think I might have stumbled upon it here in a GBS thread, but I don't have any idea how to work the search, and I'm not positive that it wasn't just a weird fever dream I had after all.

I don’t have a link but I DO remember it, it wasn’t a fever dream you were having.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Not wife, Goddess. It doesn't seem to be live anymore, but Internet Archive saves the day again: https://web.archive.org/web/20200318124828/http://findingmyrepublicangoddess.com/ I haven't looked to see if the whole quiz survives.

This video still works though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPFHQW8g3Y

Edit: unless there was another one...

uvar fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 7, 2022

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

uvar posted:

Not wife, Goddess. It doesn't seem to be live anymore, but Internet Archive saves the day again: https://web.archive.org/web/20200318124828/http://findingmyrepublicangoddess.com/ I haven't looked to see if the whole quiz survives.

This video still works though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPFHQW8g3Y

that's it thank you! I knew I was forgetting something in the title

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
I have four, vague memories I'd like to try and renew:

1) some sort of children's book, where it rains chocolate raindrops. It may have been entirely comic, or a mixture of illustrations and story, but I recall the raindrops looked very much like Cadbury's Buttons and the whole thing sounded delicious.

2) similar to 1, but even more vague, something about a blue banana

3) I think it was a UK children's show (I have a vague feeling it was a Saturday morning and ITV? But that's probably wrong), all I really remember was green slime coming out from under a bed over a white carpet, like a monster was about to be revealed. It terrified me at the time which is why this memory stuck, but I don't remember much else.

4) animated movie, a young boy (or girl?) is on an alien planet, and eats some alien fruit from strange trees/plants.

I'm not sure anyone will get 2 or 3, but 1 and 4 seem like someone must have seen them before!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Charles Ford posted:

I have four, vague memories I'd like to try and renew:

1) some sort of children's book, where it rains chocolate raindrops. It may have been entirely comic, or a mixture of illustrations and story, but I recall the raindrops looked very much like Cadbury's Buttons and the whole thing sounded delicious.

2) similar to 1, but even more vague, something about a blue banana

3) I think it was a UK children's show (I have a vague feeling it was a Saturday morning and ITV? But that's probably wrong), all I really remember was green slime coming out from under a bed over a white carpet, like a monster was about to be revealed. It terrified me at the time which is why this memory stuck, but I don't remember much else.

4) animated movie, a young boy (or girl?) is on an alien planet, and eats some alien fruit from strange trees/plants.

I'm not sure anyone will get 2 or 3, but 1 and 4 seem like someone must have seen them before!

1&2 were both Hamlyn Robin books, I remember reading them at school. The first is simply called "The Chocolate Rain" and the second "The Blue Banana"

Robin Books: Chocolate Rain Story Bk. 6 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381838/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_T1HC374PC96PPG719TKN

Robin Books: Blue Banana (A Hamlyn robin book) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381862/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_W6Y8J8J2GZDJSGN799VJ

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Dell_Zincht posted:

1&2 were both Hamlyn Robin books, I remember reading them at school. The first is simply called "The Chocolate Rain" and the second "The Blue Banana"

Robin Books: Chocolate Rain Story Bk. 6 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381838/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_T1HC374PC96PPG719TKN

Robin Books: Blue Banana (A Hamlyn robin book) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381862/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_W6Y8J8J2GZDJSGN799VJ

Thank you! Seeing the cover for the chocolate rain one sent a shiver down my spine, it's been bugging me for years. The image of the chocolate building up on the rooftops was stuck in my head, it's a weird relief to finally find the source.

Googling any combination of "chocolate rain" or "blue banana" gave me no hints that it was "Hamlyn Robin", there's so many other chocolate rains and blue bananas in the world. In my case instead of school I suspect they came from my grandparents (who were involved in the church and helped out in the church bookshop, so we'd get slightly damaged books that way. Somehow this is also how my signed, personally addressed Tony Hart drawing of a cat came to be).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a twitter account with pics of skeletons doing BADASS and YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME images by lamp shading them. Was really popular in PYF for awhile.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm looking for a twitter account with pics of skeletons doing BADASS and YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME images by lamp shading them. Was really popular in PYF for awhile.
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
I am looking for a web comic which was a retelling of a kid sent to some sort of anti-gay or re-education school. I remember the author was kidnapped in the middle of the night by this camp and they weren't allowed to talk. The school ended up closing down I think sometime in the early 2000s or 90s.

Also, goon city pixel project exist anymore? Can only find a few images of it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Polish posted:

I am looking for a web comic which was a retelling of a kid sent to some sort of anti-gay or re-education school. I remember the author was kidnapped in the middle of the night by this camp and they weren't allowed to talk. The school ended up closing down I think sometime in the early 2000s or 90s.
Joe vs. Elan? I found out about it here--it's still updating pretty regularly.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Movie. I think either from the 90s or early 00s. The only scene I remember in it was maybe like set around a high school, and there were some goth-y punk-y girls who were like their own clique, and they kidnapped another girl and tied her up and left her gagged inside the trunk of one of their cars and come back only to find that she died. I vaguely feel like it had something to do with they stuck some kind of round ball in her mouth? Came from some kind of candy turnstile machine, so maybe a jawbreaker, but iirc they either said or it was implied that that fell back into her throat and because she was tied up she wound up choking on it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnroZaiPMy8

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Oh. I somehow never actually included 'jawbreaker' in my searches, I guess.

My memory of what it looked like is way more skewed though but that's totally it. Thanks.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

stab posted:

A low grade fantasy series that came out in short installments.

One of the main characters is a Conan type (shocker I know) who ends up trapped in some spell like encasing him in amber for several years, and I think is rescued by his son who was an infant at the time (so very similar to Dragon Quest 5).

I remember reading bits and pieces in the late 80's early 90's.

Was thinking about this book again and still driving me crazy. Even goodreads came up blank.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

stab posted:

Was thinking about this book again and still driving me crazy. Even goodreads came up blank.

The “rescued by his son” bit sounds a lot like Patricia Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

The “rescued by his son” bit sounds a lot like Patricia Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles.

Mendanbar is not a Conan type at all, and it's his entire castle that's trapped in a bubble. He is rescued by his son, though.

edit: maybe you should ask in the Bad Fantasy Book thread

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Mendanbar is not a Conan type at all, and it's his entire castle that's trapped in a bubble. He is rescued by his son, though.

edit: maybe you should ask in the Bad Fantasy Book thread

Will do thanks!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A British children's miniseries or possibly TV movie split into 2 parts that I saw in the 90s.

A girl and her mother move to a village and the girl befriends an old woman. The village has a dark secret. The villagers have magic powers. Years ago they summoned a monster who possessed the old woman's mother. I remember an image of her rising in flame from a lake, wearing a mask. The old woman describes it as "a monster. We called it Sanctuary".

There aren't many children in the village. At one point the girl and old woman visit a burned site that I think was the school or something and old woman says "there are many scars in [village], this is the worst one".
There's a boy who tries to use the magic and make fire appear on the lake. He starts to bleed from his nose.

The girl tries to explain things to her mum, who not only disbelieves her but says she's lying for attention because "you're fat and you're lonely and each makes the other worse". drat.

The villain is a young woman who also has the magic. She ends up controlling all the old magical villagers. Old woman tries to resist but she hurts her.
I forget how they break out of that, but they become a mob and chase the young woman to a cliff. Girl pleads not to kill the bad lady, old woman insists it must be done but relents. Bad lady jumps off cliff anyway.

Any of these details could be wrong as I was quite young when I saw it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A crude goon made animation about an American pilot shot down on an island with a Japanese pilot that plays out to Johnny Cash's cover of redemption song.

Pretty sure the author also made this: :coolfish:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

bitterandtwisted posted:

A British children's miniseries or possibly TV movie split into 2 parts that I saw in the 90s.

A girl and her mother move to a village and the girl befriends an old woman. The village has a dark secret. The villagers have magic powers. Years ago they summoned a monster who possessed the old woman's mother. I remember an image of her rising in flame from a lake, wearing a mask. The old woman describes it as "a monster. We called it Sanctuary".

There aren't many children in the village. At one point the girl and old woman visit a burned site that I think was the school or something and old woman says "there are many scars in [village], this is the worst one".
There's a boy who tries to use the magic and make fire appear on the lake. He starts to bleed from his nose.

The girl tries to explain things to her mum, who not only disbelieves her but says she's lying for attention because "you're fat and you're lonely and each makes the other worse". drat.

The villain is a young woman who also has the magic. She ends up controlling all the old magical villagers. Old woman tries to resist but she hurts her.
I forget how they break out of that, but they become a mob and chase the young woman to a cliff. Girl pleads not to kill the bad lady, old woman insists it must be done but relents. Bad lady jumps off cliff anyway.

I know it's not any of these programs, but this sounds like a folk horror like The Owl Service or Penda's Fen. The BBC loved this style of children's horror story in the 70s. Might be a good place to start looking?

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Trying to find an image I personally have never seen but that my best friend has been telling me about for at least ten years. Here’s his description of it:

quote:

It was a topdown selfie of a white man's johnson with a black outline only image of Piccolo's face either tattooed or drawn on the shaft. The man was holding the dick by the head to straighten it out to show the art off.

Please help me find Piccolo Dick.

Canteen Medal
Apr 24, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

Century falls?
http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/1383234/index.html
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105969/

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

YES!
The monster was called Century, not Sanctuary. Thanks so much, this one's been bugging me for years.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I can imagine those being the same word in like 4 out of 5 British accents

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Looking for a vid that's a guy saying something like 'ever think back to how everyone seems to break the rules and everyone else is ok with it but you get mad and then when you break the rules nobody's ok with it and mad at you then you realized you're autistic?'

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
An Asian language pop song from the early 2000s. 2003-2005ish. It had a bit in it that I think was the chorus and went something along the lines of "meow-meow-meow mickey-meow-meow-meow meow-meow meow-meow". I say something along the lines of but it's been stuck in my head for 20 years now and I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it sounded.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Were you ever into Nintendo DS / Ouendan?

That sounds a bit like Morning Musume – "Koi no Dance Site" (恋のダンスサイト, Koi no Dansu Saito) which would be a plausible earworm for someone not otherwise into J-pop.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just remembered a skit from a sketch comedy show about having sex through a hole in a sheet. Searching for it just brings up lots of hits about this being a myth about orthodox Jews. I watched it with my younger brother at my parent's house but I don't know if it was while I was still living at home or if I was just hanging out with him so it could be anywhere from '95-'01.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I just remembered a skit from a sketch comedy show about having sex through a hole in a sheet. Searching for it just brings up lots of hits about this being a myth about orthodox Jews. I watched it with my younger brother at my parent's house but I don't know if it was while I was still living at home or if I was just hanging out with him so it could be anywhere from '95-'01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNlxBuB9jM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Thanks!