Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that's per temple. the total bonus is called "Faith" and can be seen in the list of production multipliers on any resource. If you have fanaticism on a 4 star antimatter run, each temple is a bonus of 0.5% + 0.01% per university iirc to all production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Venuz Patrol posted:

that's per temple. the total bonus is called "Faith" and can be seen in the list of production multipliers on any resource. If you have fanaticism on a 4 star antimatter run, each temple is a bonus of 0.5% + 0.01% per university iirc to all production

Ah, so I have a faith bonus of 20.01%.

Still moving at a crawl, though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

Does that have steam save?

Yes.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

I don't think it does? I don't see it listed on my library where it normally would be.

Edit: Weird, but it does show Cloud Status up to date.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Ah, so I have a faith bonus of 20.01%.

Still moving at a crawl, though.

It's also worth noting that ents are a little tougher than average for bioseed. Deleting stone means deleting quarry workers means it's harder to get aluminium, and you need a lot of that when you get out into space. Getting rid of lumber (and more importantly plywood) is still good, of course. That's not to say you're screwed by any stretch, just that it might not be as fast as you might have assumed based on how relatively easy ents are for MAD.

But usually the MO with bioseeds, is to do an Ent MAD first (this can be 0* if you've already knocked out a better achievement), then run the bioseed as something friendlier to space, like Shroomi (Toxic is a great trait: more alloys, polymers, cement, and nanotubes). Any runs further than MAD should take Fanaticism rather than Anthropology, so you'll inherit the major trait of your previous race.

Beyond that, it's hard to say where your pain points are. Feel free to pastebin a save export if you'd like some more targeted advice.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Vil posted:

Beyond that, it's hard to say where your pain points are. Feel free to pastebin a save export if you'd like some more targeted advice.

Alright.

https://pastebin.com/mFBugyQv

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Falcon2001 posted:

I don't think it does? I don't see it listed on my library where it normally would be.

Edit: Weird, but it does show Cloud Status up to date.

I know it does because I've carried my progress across two different computers

It might not have specifically "steam save" but it does keep your progress tied to your account

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Is there anything that can cause you to not get credit for 3-star MADing for achi purposes? I could swear that I just reset as trolls and was eligible for both Bad Juju and Godwin's Law 3-star, but they both (technically only one, already had Troll basic star) got credited as basic star. I can remember I had no market or manual crafting so I MUST have been set up with the standard 3-star get up, but then I got no proper credits...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Orb of Creation: How do you hold more than ~5 or so Spark? I got all of the low spark things I can find but even one at 6 is out of reach since it starts decaying. Should I be memorizing the spark spell 4x and casting it like that?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Sorry, link seems to be expired already. Try again?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Hughlander posted:

Orb of Creation: How do you hold more than ~5 or so Spark? I got all of the low spark things I can find but even one at 6 is out of reach since it starts decaying. Should I be memorizing the spark spell 4x and casting it like that?

are you levelling up the spells to get higher amounts? The maxes are softcaps that you can surpass with summoning spells before draining back down. Maybe respec to other spell combos to get some upgrades to increase your spark cap?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Vil posted:

Sorry, link seems to be expired already. Try again?

I don't know how it expired, I set it not to. It's entirely possible that staff removed it for being gibberish. :shrug:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Hughlander posted:

You can equip spells more than once! Put two or three copies of conjure spark and alternate casting them as the spark starts to decay.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Residual Toast posted:

are you levelling up the spells to get higher amounts? The maxes are softcaps that you can surpass with summoning spells before draining back down. Maybe respec to other spell combos to get some upgrades to increase your spark cap?

Yes, but Spark decays over time when you're not casting it. (Sorry if that's a spoiler)

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You can equip spells more than once! Put two or three copies of conjure spark and alternate casting them as the spark starts to decay.

Yep that's what I meant by doing the 4x casting.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I don't know how it expired, I set it not to. It's entirely possible that staff removed it for being gibberish. :shrug:

Like half the stuff pasted to pastebin is incremental savegames and looks like gibberish

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Like half the stuff pasted to pastebin is incremental savegames and looks like gibberish

Fine, trying it again.

https://pastebin.com/RKtYPbxX

E: And it "expired" again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm setting it to never expire. :shrug:

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 8, 2022

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Hughlander posted:

Yes, but Spark decays over time when you're not casting it. (Sorry if that's a spoiler)

oh right you can do a few things
1) cast it at full mana, and cast it immediately on coming out of cooldown. the decay shouldn't quite decay down to 0 and you'll remove the decay timer a little longer and you can stairstep up. later you can get some cooldown reduction to help with this, as well as getting some non-decaying baseline.
2) cast it until it levels up, that should let you burst it up to an amount that lets you start levelling it

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Falcon2001 posted:

Orb of Creation is out on steam and it totally rules. Tons of things to make go up, and lots of nice synergy effects.
dang I installed this and it immediately sucked up 3 hours or so

always something to do, suffers a little from the "too many tabs" problem though. most of the time I'm paging through the different things looking for the cheapest upgrade to pursue

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Sivart13 posted:

dang I installed this and it immediately sucked up 3 hours or so

always something to do, suffers a little from the "too many tabs" problem though. most of the time I'm paging through the different things looking for the cheapest upgrade to pursue

You can use the arrow keys to navigate and there are binds for specific tabs though they are blank by default. I have tab for load out, for example

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
So, 15-ish hours into Orb of Creation there's suddenly combat as a new mechanic and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it other than continuing to build up.

e: Is there a better place to paste my Evolve Idle save than Pastebin, since they're apparently rejecting my saves?

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 8, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Orb of creation is fun but it's not really an idle game which makes it a hard sell for me. I lost a few hours to it but I'm wary about these kinds of games because ultimately I'm just staring at a menu for 3 hours while it tricks my brain into thinking I'm doing something important.

And yes I know this describes idle games too but those let me go and do other things WHILE doing important non-important things.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was actually going to say you described all games, graphics aside. :v:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

ZZT the Fifth posted:

So, 15-ish hours into Orb of Creation there's suddenly combat as a new mechanic and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it other than continuing to build up.

e: Is there a better place to paste my Evolve Idle save than Pastebin, since they're apparently rejecting my saves?

ix.io?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sindai posted:

I was actually going to say you described all games, graphics aside. :v:

I mean, all food can make you feel full but some is still more nutritious you know?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

When you talk about 3* bioseeds, are you keeping marketplace trading or manual crafting? Idk which is worse between crafting mythril and buying alloy/polymer/iridium.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tokelau All Star posted:

When you talk about 3* bioseeds, are you keeping marketplace trading or manual crafting? Idk which is worse between crafting mythril and buying alloy/polymer/iridium.

Neither - you're keeping your plasmids.

4* means everything, of course.
3* generally means everything but "No Starting Plasmids" or (in Antimatter) "Weak Mastery", the ones that nerf your prestiged production bonus.
2* means you also keep manual crafting, which is the next biggest bottleneck after prestige.
1* you generally don't hear about - if people want an easy run it's either 0* or 2*. Trade isn't as bottleneck-y in the grand scheme of things, but if I did do a 1* run I'd probably keep the free trade and put up with the junk gene.

0* means no challenges applied, of course. It's most commonly used for quick MAD runs to setup your fanaticism / deify trait inheritance. You could also use it for planet hopping (bioseed), universe hopping (black hole), or custom race re-customizing (ascension), but the prestige rewards for those are appreciable enough - especially in heavy universe - that you generally want to do it at a higher challenge level for more rewards.

Vil fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 8, 2022

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Makes sense, thanks. I did a bunch of 2* bioseeds with No Starting Plasmids and Junk Gene, I wonder how much time I could have saved.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Agent355 posted:

Orb of creation is fun but it's not really an idle game which makes it a hard sell for me. I lost a few hours to it but I'm wary about these kinds of games because ultimately I'm just staring at a menu for 3 hours while it tricks my brain into thinking I'm doing something important.

And yes I know this describes idle games too but those let me go and do other things WHILE doing important non-important things.

I have been enjoying it but I was also hoping at some point it'd become more idle than it sounds like it will. I am at the point where I'm making most of the resources over time so I can leave it for a bit while stuff builds up but I wasn't sure if I'd always be shuffling around loadouts and actively casting spells.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

ZZT the Fifth posted:

It's gonna suck at first because you're bottle-necked at Ceremony and Ectoplasm. Stock up on Elementia (pink alchemy liquid) because it will allow you increase your Blaze cap and that's what let's you use more spells/better spells. Concentration (wiz upgrade) is good too because it improves elemental quality

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Starting to feel a tad overwhelmed by the amount of possibilities for spell combinations and glyphs in Orb of Creation, is there like a guide to useful spells/loadouts or anyone have any tips for loadouts I should be doing? Does there really have to be 3 (so far) different augments to reduce the effect of a spell to make it easier to cast?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

explosivo posted:

Starting to feel a tad overwhelmed by the amount of possibilities for spell combinations and glyphs in Orb of Creation, is there like a guide to useful spells/loadouts or anyone have any tips for loadouts I should be doing? Does there really have to be 3 (so far) different augments to reduce the effect of a spell to make it easier to cast?

I'm not a expert by any means; Discord would be the place for that. But here are some general tips:

The exact wording of Amass Power is it gives a bonus to the next non-charm spell for every .5 seconds since the spell was cast. You can stack duration extenders to give another spell a massive boost.

Cap extenders (Raloch's Cube, Static Field, others) or quality enhancers are invaluable as they will allow you to push past your capacity to buy upgrades and raises your caps even more.

Remember that you can voluntarily downgrade spells, it can be worth it for the lower mana, shorter CD, etc. Especially early when you don't have a lot of buff charms. More useful to run 6 gather knowledges than one x3 gather knowledge that drains your entire mana pool.

Keep an eye on cooldowns. You can use quick and slow to adjust things; if you're waiting around for the rest of a combo to come off CD you might also well throw slow on your fast spells and get some more power out of it.

Brainstorm is very, very good and it's not a charm spell.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I was leveling things up and something cut over 1k from my mana pool, and now I can't cast conjure space without downranking it. Any idea:
A) What took the mana away.
B) What raises max mana other than Wisdom? (Anything give a multiplier to wisdom?)

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Hughlander posted:

I was leveling things up and something cut over 1k from my mana pool, and now I can't cast conjure space without downranking it. Any idea:
A) What took the mana away.
B) What raises max mana other than Wisdom? (Anything give a multiplier to wisdom?)

Thaumaturgy increases your mana cap when you have it stored up. If you spend it your mana cap goes back down.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Thaumaturgy increases your mana cap when you have it stored up. If you spend it your mana cap goes back down.

That's the one! I swear I mouse overed everything.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Hughlander posted:

That's the one! I swear I mouse overed everything.

If you click a resource bar (or the orb, in the case of Mana) you can get more detailed report of where your gains, losses, capacity increases, discounts, and other factors are coming from.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Any idea when the hell Gravity unlocks?

Edit: Disregard, I'm dumb, it's a ritual.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 9, 2022

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
For Wizard and Minion Idle:
Do I need to complete all levels of a challenge in one go? Or should I be completing a stage, then "giving up" to get my rewards and going back in? I just did the first level of the "first steps" challenge and while it is showing the reward and "1/5" completed, it hasn't been applied to my stats yet. Also general guide or place to barf out posts like this would be appreciated.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Giant Octopus posted:

For Wizard and Minion Idle:
Do I need to complete all levels of a challenge in one go? Or should I be completing a stage, then "giving up" to get my rewards and going back in? I just did the first level of the "first steps" challenge and while it is showing the reward and "1/5" completed, it hasn't been applied to my stats yet. Also general guide or place to barf out posts like this would be appreciated.

You only have to (and in later challenge types should since they scale after each completion) only do one challenge completion at a time, yes.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

That address just provided me some kind of weird text document. Or code. Not sure what. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

ZZT the Fifth posted:

That address just provided me some kind of weird text document. Or code. Not sure what. :confused:

It's an API basically; I would try https://controlc.com/ or just look for Pastebin alternative.