Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Roe dudes punch their fists together. :v:

I'll never get tired of that WOOOOOOOOO Roe pose Hoary Boulder loves so much. He looks so happy. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So this is going to be my first patch where I’m up to date. What usually happens with Tomestones? Do the weekly limited red ones become the new infinitely grindable currency and the blue ones become depreciated and can be exchanged? Just asking because I’m wondering how I should spend them this week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Regalingualius posted:

So this is going to be my first patch where I’m up to date. What usually happens with Tomestones? Do the weekly limited red ones become the new infinitely grindable currency and the blue ones become depreciated and can be exchanged? Just asking because I’m wondering how I should spend them this week.

you got it right but also that won't happen until 6.2, they get updated with new 8 man raid tiers. You can use coins (or whatever token they decide to use) from the 24 man raid to buy upgrade materials for the armors and accessories, which you get by completing the raid, capped at one per week. I think in one of the 6.1x patches they will also let you buy the upgrade materiel for the weapon as well, but it's not available immediately.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Tomestones won't change until 6.2.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm actually kind of surprised that /bstance and /vpose don't come up more in the cutscenes (you do it at the Nadaam but I don't remember anything else), since you get them through the MSQ.

Heck, I'd move them from 3.2 to having them right from the start and make them the default for starting and finishing duties.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Warmachine posted:

I'll never get tired of that WOOOOOOOOO Roe pose Hoary Boulder loves so much. He looks so happy. :unsmith:

Roe emotes are so slept on. Everyone else's /dance is something vaguely cute or graceful and then ours is just clumsily tapping our feet at random like we've never heard music before, which is great considering how many quests want you to prove your talent with a /dance

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Trying to get through all the EW role quests before 6.1, it's funny to me how for the tank one there just aren't really any notable Gridania MSQ NPCs so they have you with Kan-E-Senna and some poor shmuck who doesn't even get the dignity of a name.

Arist fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 7, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm so psyched for first day pug raiding the 24. It's going to be amazing.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Arist posted:

Trying to get through all the EW role quests before 6.1, it's funny to me how for the tank one there just aren't really any notable Gridania MSQ NPCs so they have you with Kan-E-Senna and some poor shmuck who doesn't even get the dignity of a name.

The name Simpkin was already taken

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Arist posted:

get yourself some knowledge https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniversary/na/detail/memoir_3.html?rgn=na&lng=en

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Arist posted:

I already knew that guy's backstory from the tales of the calamity short story, I'm glad they put it in the game but it is disappointing they didn't take the opportunity to give him a name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chillgamesh posted:

Roe emotes are so slept on. Everyone else's /dance is something vaguely cute or graceful and then ours is just clumsily tapping our feet at random like we've never heard music before, which is great considering how many quests want you to prove your talent with a /dance

Male Elezen looks sarcastic. Just idly looking up bored while the legs swing a bit.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bruceski posted:

Male Elezen looks sarcastic. Just idly looking up bored while the legs swing a bit.

The giraffe is a noble but sometimes ungainly creature.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish those /dance objectives accepted other dances. I didn't go around learning those dances to not use them on the spot when called upon. :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Warmachine posted:

That's the male Roegadyn /psych emote, and it's far and away the best version of that emote. :allears:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I didn't realize I accidentally chose the one with some great emotes

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

A good half of the reason I'm still a manRoe is because of the emotes, yeah. That dance emote is indeed excellent.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Male Roegadyn are the biggest race and have the biggest emotes. Their /happy is amazing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Female Roegadyn also have excellent emotes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

People keep male Roegadyn emotes secret so there isn't an army of them. Nobody wants the return of the Roe Man Empire.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

YggiDee posted:

Female Roegadyn also have excellent emotes.

And an amazing posture in the flying chair mount.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we had a minor male roe extinction event when hrothgar came out, and it's possible the same'll happen to female roe if female hroth are big and buff

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Vitamean posted:

we had a minor male roe extinction event when hrothgar came out, and it's possible the same'll happen to female roe if female hroth are big and buff

Given all the complaints about Hrothgars and hats, I wouldn't be so sure.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Vitamean posted:

It already happened when Viera came out and gave us a Tall Lady option that wasn't an elf

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

?? hrothgar can wear full plate just fine

peep the big man

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

rantmo posted:

And an amazing posture in the flying chair mount.

My biggest frustration with rolling fem Au Ra is the emotes and poses, and the flying chair is the worst. I love that mount, but my character sits in it like she's never seen a chair before in her life. You built the drat thing, idiot!

Also pretty sick of the demure chest-tap thing for "I'll do it/take care of it," although it helps if I assume that it's sarcastic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if you want good emotes simply be a lalafell

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

Their thumbs up is the best.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/quick_nock/status/1511809596129779719

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kyrosiris posted:

Roe dudes punch their fists together. :v:

hosed up if true

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

ImpAtom posted:

People keep male Roegadyn emotes secret so there isn't an army of them. Nobody wants the return of the Roe Man Empire.

:frogout:

Antivehicular posted:

My biggest frustration with rolling fem Au Ra is the emotes and poses, and the flying chair is the worst. I love that mount, but my character sits in it like she's never seen a chair before in her life. You built the drat thing, idiot!

Also pretty sick of the demure chest-tap thing for "I'll do it/take care of it," although it helps if I assume that it's sarcastic.

The fem AuRa gestures are cutesy-feminine, by-and-large, which is dissonant when you're running with a character conceit that is decidedly not a fifteen-year-old girl. :argh: I keep /changepose bound to my emotes hotbar for the sole purpose of cycling off of the silly default /sit as fast as I can, but there's not much to be done about, say, /psych.

I like the chest tap, though; something about the motion feels more proud and smug. Why yes, I am the person for this menial job, leave it to me!

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Argas posted:

hosed up if true

So do Hroth. It was the hardest part of adjusting after I fantasia'd.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Started up the Namazu tribe quest and the level of contempt this game has for these guys is incredible.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Electric Phantasm posted:

Started up the Namazu tribe quest and the level of contempt this game has for these guys is incredible.

It’s so good.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm doing Moogles and Namazu at the same time, and the tonal whiplash is amazing

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:namazu:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

yes yes!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lalas and catgirls have the best panic emote, and the few (too few) Miqo emotes that cause the tail to perk up or the ears to flatten are great.

I've spent the last month burning though a 5-pack of fantasias I bought during the sale and enjoying the time spent with different races. I'll probably drink the last punch to turn back into a Roe, but I think Miqo'te felt the best of the ones I've tried out; not just because of the emotes, but the movement speed also felt perfect. I may have to change it up regularly.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I went into this game saying to myself "I know this game has catgirls and I absolutely do not want to be one". After creating and deleting a bunch of characters, I ended up becoming a catgirl. Most other options have running animations that are awkward enough that it bothers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

sexpig by night posted:

:hmmyes: