Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Selah, Selah, can't you hear me yell-a, you're putting me through hell-a, SELAH!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I had some very weird ideas about A Streetcar Named Desire thanks to that episode. Though it's kinda funny that Homer ends up being the only one who actually follows the story and intended tone. Maybe there's a joke in there that making a jolly musical out of that play in particular is such a ridiculous idea that Homer's own spacey idiocy cancels it out.

The director is also an interesting one-off, he has the whole prima donna stereotype that's especially funny given the material he's working with, but he actually does a good job at it, gets good performances out of his actors especially considering he's working with not only amateurs but Springfield's quirks, and makes an effort to accommodate Marge with the daycare centre. (even if it's got its own problems)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I had some very weird ideas about A Streetcar Named Desire thanks to that episode. Though it's kinda funny that Homer ends up being the only one who actually follows the story and intended tone. Maybe there's a joke in there that making a jolly musical out of that play in particular is such a ridiculous idea that Homer's own spacey idiocy cancels it out.

The director is also an interesting one-off, he has the whole prima donna stereotype that's especially funny given the material he's working with, but he actually does a good job at it, gets good performances out of his actors especially considering he's working with not only amateurs but Springfield's quirks, and makes an effort to accommodate Marge with the daycare centre. (even if it's got its own problems)

Yeah it's top tier and a good example of the show challenging the audience. When I watched it I didn't know anything about A Streetcar Named Desire but it's still fun and gets better when you realize the extra layer of absurdity of turning a tragedy into an upbeat musical that ends with Blanche celebrating the kindness of strangers. And I didn't know what the word "roundelay" meant but now I want to look it up.

The director is a fantastic character, he does his job and isn't a monster but still does jerk moves like taking Otto's role minutes before curtain.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

And I didn't know what the word "roundelay" meant but now I want to look it up.

The rondelet and the roundelay are two similar types of poem.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Apparently it only existed because they couldn't get the rights to the stage play, but no-one had the rights to a musical *taps head*.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Me, scrolling past each new psalm

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Llewellyn Sinclair throwing the fistfull of change at Homer to shut him up and the followup "hey there are some quarters in here" is a top-tier gag which I've never been able to figure out how to turn into a SIMPSONS MEME ARE FUNNY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
super sweet best pal is going to be singlehandedly responsible for imgur dot com catching fire.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

super sweet best pal is going to be singlehandedly responsible for imgur dot com catching fire.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CommonShore posted:

Llewellyn Sinclair throwing the fistfull of change at Homer to shut him up and the followup "hey there are some quarters in here" is a top-tier gag which I've never been able to figure out how to turn into a SIMPSONS MEME ARE FUNNY

hmm he could have thrown Alf pogs, the Lincoln penny that was on fire in the Itchy & Scratchy space needle cartoon, the quarter the bar guys threw at Homer to make him dance, Scorpio could be throwing them at the laser pointed at Bond... we'll get this cracked don't you worry

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 7, 2022

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Throws little Homers stuck in the water slide, “Hey there’s some scattered boos in here”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CommonShore posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
im just sitting here waiting to start an argument over the canonicity of psalm 151

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Raskolnikov38 posted:

im just sitting here waiting to start an argument over the canonicity of psalm 151

Psalm 151 was given away at special in-store events or you could just use a hacked copy to get it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm waiting for Psalm 69 so I can make a Council of Niceæa joke

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I’m sad that by the time the joke I thought of becomes possible I’ll have either forgotten or someone else will have jumped it ahead of time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dewgy posted:

Psalm 151 was given away at special in-store events or you could just use a hacked copy to get it.

Who's that pokemon? It's Eastern Orthodox Mew!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
mew with a pope hat could be cute

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Never thought of being an Unignorable mod and spamming a good thread. But that’s something awful innovation for you

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
I'm waiting for the child murder psalm, 137.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

This'll eventually get old, but I burst out laughing when I scrolled down to see the first picture.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Omfg what was the game Ralph is playing

McJuicy
May 9, 2008

codo27 posted:

Omfg what was the game Ralph is playing

I would also like to know this particular game.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That's all-time classic Scorched Earth

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its no GORILLA.BAS

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

CPColin posted:

I'm waiting for Psalm 69 so I can make a Council of Niceæa joke

I'm waiting for your Council of Nicaea joke, so I can post a Arian Hersey themed take on the Homer/Rashoman bit but about the nature of the Son.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Keep going!

I was thinking of challenging myself to read each post fully, but then I realized I'd just be reading the Bible. Now I'm not sure I'll care to read them all, but all the same don't let anything or anyone stop you

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://classicreload.com/res/scorched-earth.html

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Keep going!

I was thinking of challenging myself to read each post fully, but then I realized I'd just be reading the Bible. Now I'm not sure I'll care to read them all, but all the same don't let anything or anyone stop you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
These psalms are fine, but they're no Ezikiel 23:20