Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Give Jade the Jacknife powerbomb by bringing in Kevin Nash to job Jade in 8 seconds or whatever like Backlund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Give Jade the Jacknife powerbomb by bringing in Kevin Nash to job Jade in 8 seconds or whatever like Backlund

Jade wipes out Nash with a shoot finger poke of doom

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1512202458499493905

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

Jades a lot like early Cena in my eyes. Lots of potential, but rough around the edges. If she stays dedicated and continues working with world class wrestlers on the regular, not to mention booked like Brock Lesnar, I have no doubt in a few years she'll be a truly great talent.

But right now she's fine, definitely good for where she is in her career, but she's also being given lots of opportunity to succeed that a regular up-and-comer does not, so it is what it is. If I was Tony I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same.

But also she's married to a guy who made MLB money for 16 years, has a masters in child psychology, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but she doesn't strike me as someone who was passionate about wrestling before she started wrestling. My point here being, if she's still around in 5 years I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

I guess we'll see what happens when the matches start getting longer and she has to start putting people over. Basically I see her ending up as either the next John Cena or the next Ryback and not much in between. Time will tell.

I don't think someone with that much money does anything unless they are interested in it

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

Jades a lot like early Cena in my eyes. Lots of potential, but rough around the edges. If she stays dedicated and continues working with world class wrestlers on the regular, not to mention booked like Brock Lesnar, I have no doubt in a few years she'll be a truly great talent.

But right now she's fine, definitely good for where she is in her career, but she's also being given lots of opportunity to succeed that a regular up-and-comer does not, so it is what it is. If I was Tony I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same.

But also she's married to a guy who made MLB money for 16 years, has a masters in child psychology, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but she doesn't strike me as someone who was passionate about wrestling before she started wrestling. My point here being, if she's still around in 5 years I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

I guess we'll see what happens when the matches start getting longer and she has to start putting people over. Basically I see her ending up as either the next John Cena or the next Ryback and not much in between. Time will tell.

I'm in the "one of the unambiguous greats in a few years" camp and it's because you can see her actively experimenting with new poo poo and trying to expand her repertoire when she's already in a position where she could really just settle for competent squashes and coast on her presence and charisma. There's some real ambition on display there

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I like Jade squash matches. I did not like Jade vs Ruby because Jade was very clunky and the match was not good because of that. I have not seen Jade wrestle since then so I can't comment on if she has improved or not.

If you have access to old matches, her title defense against Anna Jay was legit good without any caveats

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah jade is very up front that she's doing wrestling because she really wants to do wrestling, and again i don't really know how you can't tell that from her whole deal on social media or on tv

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1512212096381034500

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It was a really fun match. Glad Sami gets to do the things he loves.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shard posted:

I don't think someone with that much money does anything unless they are interested in it

Fair point! I guess my point is really getting at whether that interest will stand the test of time. Right now she's the star of the show that never loses and works short matches and has a manager to do 75% of the talking before she reads her script. Maybe she'll get really good and start putting on PPV main event bangers? Maybe she'll plateau and get bored and decide she wants to get into acting or influencing?

I dunno. I hope she becomes that star in the future. I just have this gut feeling based on many years of watching this dumb crap. Just my IMO!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kosmo Gallion posted:

It was a really fun match. Glad Sami gets to do the things he loves.

B-but doing a comedy match with props and slapstick kills the business, Twitter dorks with zero engagement told me so, that's why Kenny Omega's bad!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Never getting Big E against Goldberg is just one of a multitude of ways WWE wasted Big E.

E’s promos would instantly make the match an all time classic before they even stepped in the ring.

Goldberg would have no idea how to respond to Big E's absurdity and it would be GOLD

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/jade_cargill/status/1512227970055815169?s=21&t=9yeo3N_UrVuGO7JRj7skSg

Holy Crap, Lois

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well she had a good run

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

She is the TBS champion..

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Finally a wrestler likes actually good anime

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Considering issuing some retractions

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Deadlock Boys about to go crazy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LMAO she should hang out with Grand Crew's Carl Tart

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Finally a wrestler likes actually good anime

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malcolm Excellent posted:

LMAO she should hang out with Grand Crew's Carl Tart

Put Carl Tart on Dynamite every week. I don't care what he's doing, I just want more Carl Tart in my life.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ganso Bomb posted:

Put Carl Tart on Dynamite every week. I don't care what he's doing, I just want more Carl Tart in my life.

Replace Mark Sterling with the Flagrant Ones

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Nyla is playing Elden Ring for the first time right now and it has been 90% her trashing people's messages

https://twitch.tv/nylarosebeast

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/kaylavision/status/1512234078757601280?s=20&t=H0OR6F4iV0BhvnwvhA3b0Q

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Fentry posted:

Nyla is playing Elden Ring for the first time right now and it has been 90% her trashing people's messages

https://twitch.tv/nylarosebeast

i watched her leave the training area, run around to a cliff ledge, and immediately drop a, “try jumping” message

she gets it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jade owns

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with this thread it seems like Jade is the Yuki Arai of America, so that's pretty rad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JoseAssistant/status/1512263699959988230

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'd do the Tanahashi with a fan gag, but everyone is a fan of Tana so it'd be moot

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/1512219624821059585

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
was the original “with a fan” referring to tana or kobashi?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1511905756026925060?s=20&t=xm2OVcXk-kNp0QB40hkkxA

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hello

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

stars and stripes dust

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seams posted:

was the original “with a fan” referring to tana or kobashi?

Is my mind it was Jeff Hardy meeting with Yuji Nagata while Tana was in the background with Finn Balor

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Homedust

Dustlander

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Replace those stars with polka dots and you might just be onto something

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Is my mind it was Jeff Hardy meeting with Yuji Nagata while Tana was in the background with Finn Balor

You've managed to bash a bunch of images together into one.

Also, when the gently caress was Flair referred to as an "International Man of Mystery?"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Vince really wanted to give Flair an Austin Powers gimmick but that's as far as he got.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/Marcbuffbagwell/status/1512186060054446080?s=20&t=KBe6PMW-UfJo9D6R4wDx7w

it’s like someone fed this forum into a poorly made AI and had it tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think like most people that have joined the DDP accountability crib he was just mostly unaware of social media for a long time and now is getting hours of it a day